Thursday, July 28, 2016

America's Got Talent: Quarterfinals Week 1

NOTE: If you do not care about America's Got Talent, you can stop reading here.


We have officially finished Judge Cuts. So that means the judges are done making the decisions. Well for the most part, they are. It is now up to America to vote for the acts we love. America takes it from here with the decisions.


Now that we're in the live shows, pretty much anything can happen at this point. The live shows take place at the Dolby Theatre located in Hollywood. Tonight, 12 acts perform with 7 advancing to the semifinals.


Starting now and going for the rest of the season, Tuesday nights are the performances and Wednesday nights are the result nights (with some special performances included). We have three weeks of quarterfinals and then we go into the semifinals. These posts will include both performance reviews and the results. So let's jump right in!



Week 1 Performances:
Before we start, I'm just going to give my overall thoughts on last night's performances. I have to say, I had a hard time picking 7 acts to vote for. I was definitely a bit nicer in Judge Cuts, but now that we're in the live shows, I have higher expectations and there were only a couple of acts that really impressed me. The rest I couldn't care less if they get eliminated. Now let's dig a little deeper into the performances.



~ Jayna Brown: We all remember her as the girl who got Louis Tomlinson's golden buzzer on the last night of Judge Cuts and was overly excited that he hugged her. Her performance tonight was amazing in my opinion. She sang Ed Sheeran – Make It Rain. I loved the scenery and she really does have a beautiful voice. She is also a 14-year-old shy girl, yet she just owned that stage. Even Louis posted a tweet saying that she smashed it, which I thoroughly agree with. I hope America voted for her because she deserves to go through. She was definitely my favorite performance of the night.



~ Hara: For this performance, Hara did something more like his audition than his Judge Cuts performance. He did a routine involving projection, doves, etc. What I liked is that he told a story with his performance. It was even a true story. His mother sent him from Japan to America for more opportunity. It was a good performance and I wouldn't mind him going through. But I don't really care if he gets eliminated either.



~ Outlawz: This performance started out with a little Ghostbusters reference followed by some dances to more modern music from Skrillex & Diplo. I have to say, this was not as good as their previous performances. By them eliminating the western feel from their previous performances, they're not really the Outlawz anymore. They should've kept the hats and jackets. Simon Cowell buzzed the act. That is how you know you failed pretty bad is if you get buzzed in the live shows. I didn't hate it, but I didn't necessarily love it either. Mel B decided to call out one of them by asking if he was injured, which, by the way, Howie Mandel is not letting go of tonight. You'll see what I mean. But honestly, it is kind of sad that this performance wasn't as good as their last performance because I love when we get a group of cute guys who can dance on this show. And as much as I hate to say this, they're probably one of the reasons why a dance crew has never won America's Got Talent.



~ Musicality: I love what this group stands for. They're trying to save fine arts programs in high schools. That's really sweet. But this is a competition and I have to say, I wasn't as impressed as I hoped I would be with this performance. Like the Outlawz, it wasn't bad. But I know they're capable of more. They sang One Last Time by Ariana Grande, which was not really a good song choice. I feel like some of these people just can't really sing. The first girl is a good example as her voice felt a little flat to me. Then the chorus hits and I feel like the girls sing it better because they can actually reach those high notes. Honestly, the song choice is the only reason why I didn't love it as much as their previous performances. But I do really like their story and the relationship they have with each other and their music instructor. Maybe that'll be enough to put them through. It's possible. But we'll just have to wait and see what America thinks.



~ Lori Mae Hernandez: This girl took a very risky path with this performance that I don't think is going to pay off in her favor. I liked her last performances better. She did a lot of Donald Trump dissing. Don't get me wrong, I despise Donald Trump. But I didn't find this performance to be all that funny. A lot of people were already split on her during Judge Cuts, but this performance was pretty much a one-way ticket out of the competition. I don't hate her, but I'm just thinking realistically. Like Howie Mandel said, she pretty much knocked off half of the country because not one Republican is going to vote for her. Now being a Democrat myself, I agree with what she had to say about Trump. But I'm not a fan of her continuous rambling this time around. Like I said, I didn't hate this performance. However, even though I didn't put it in orange, she was probably my least favorite performance of the night.



~ Deadly Games: These two amazed me with their Judge Cuts performance and this time around, they stuck to what they said they would do. He threw knives while being blindfolded. She was telling him which way to move the knife before he actually threw it, but it's still really thrilling and full of suspense. Since this is the live shows, anything can happen. Then she was put on another spinning board of death. This time, the outer rim was on fire with him throwing flaming knives to her sides. After that performance that had us on the edge of our seats, I'm pretty sure they'll go through. They definitely stepped it up and they for sure have my votes.



~ Jon Dorenbos: This guy is kind of like the Piff The Magic Dragon of this season. He's a magician that includes comedy in his act. He was on the first night of Judge Cuts and received the golden buzzer from special guest judge, Ne-Yo. So they have a lot of things in common. This guy really does have an emotional story. Watching the first part of the video with his story just made me a little sad inside because I can't imagine what it was like to find out your father murdered your mother when you were 12. But anyway, the performance started with Jon placing a bottle with a prediction right next to Simon Cowell. In Judge Cuts, Jon did the drawing. So this time, he had the judges do the drawing. He had them draw whatever they want and explained that it's a personality test. After guessing the results that Mel B drew a heart, Howie drew a sweater, Heidi drew a butterfly, and Simon drew a dog (which Jon thought looked like a machine gun), he had Simon break open the prediction bottle to find that Jon have predicted everything the judges were going to draw. As usual, I have no idea how he did it. The magic was strong. I loved the comedy. He was honestly funnier than Lori Mae Hernandez. And I really hope America votes him through. He for sure has my votes.



~ Daniel Joyner: I thought this guy was okay in the auditions. Then I thought he stepped it up at Judge Cuts. However, I thought this time was a slight step down. His voice wasn't the best and the moves were a little cheesy. But he did put on a performance, so I give him that. Mel B said she wasn't feeling it, followed by Howie Mandel saying, "Maybe he was injured." I don't think he's worth keeping in the competition. People are already complaining about the number of singers that passed Judge Cuts, so I feel this is the time to get rid of the "meh" singers. Although this guy has a good voice, his performance is not something I'm going to look back on.



~ Tape Face: Okay. Here's the problem I'm having with this act. This guy's audition was novel. It was fun, it was hilarious, and I loved it. Then we went into Judge Cuts and while it was still quite funny, I didn't think it topped the audition. Now we're in the quarterfinals and I'm kind of bored. He has progressively gotten worse in my opinion. I get that he's supposed to be a mystery and that you don't know what to expect. But this was a little underwhelming and not his best performance. I kind of liked the sunglasses bit where he had Nick Cannon on stage. But honestly, I was waiting for a Mariah Carey song to come on when Nick put on the glasses. But aside from that bit, I wasn't really loving the act as much as I had hoped. Maybe it's just because I'm a tougher judge at this point in the competition. But what I want to see is a step up and I don't think he delivered that tonight. However, due to his seemingly large fanbase, it's possible that he'll go through.



~ Dorothy Williams: Those who watched the last week of auditions know who this woman is. For the very first time on AGT, host Nick Cannon was allowed one golden buzzer like the judges and he decided to use it on Dorothy Williams. She's a dancer who always dreamed of being a star. However, at an early age, she gave up on dancing and lived her life working at a supermarket. This year she decided to give dancing a shot again at 90 years old and auditioned for AGT giving her dream one last chance to come true. She received standing ovations and such positive comments. Since she was the very last audition, Nick Cannon decided to use his one and only golden buzzer to give Dorothy the moment in the spotlight that she has dreamed about all her life. Even I was getting a little emotional because it was such a sweet move from Nick. But anyway, on to this performance. She did pretty much the same thing this time around. But she did add in some backup dancers and a beautiful setting. I do think she is an inspiration and what I get out of this is that even at 90 years old, you're never too old to follow your dreams. She once again got standing ovations followed by Howie Mandel asking her if she was injured during Mel B's comment. But overall, I do like her. She is inspiring. I doubt America will vote her through to the semifinals, but it'd be really cool if they did.



~ Sila Sveta: This act was one of the three wildcard picks to return for the quarterfinals, which I find interesting since they never even appeared in Judge Cuts. My theory is that not every audition that receives three "yes'" actually is ensured a spot in Judge Cuts. A handful of them I'm guessing are eliminated before giving a second performance and they were probably one of them. But they are back now. For those who don't know, they are one of those dance acts that work with projection, very similar to Freckled Sky from last year who got judge Howard Stern's golden buzzer. However, their quarterfinals performance flopped pretty badly. With this act, I didn't really enjoy this performance as much as I enjoyed the audition. I couldn't really tell if their was a story being told. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really making much sense to me during a good chunk of the performance. Simon Cowell didn't like it that much. Mel B was confused by the story line and asked if he died at the end, followed by Howie Mandel saying, "No, he was just injured." I have my doubts about them going through. I feel like we've seen more acts worthy of those 7 spots than these people. But who knows? Maybe America secretly loves them. I doubt it, but it's possible.



~ Laura Bretan: This girl is an opera singer from the first week of auditions. Her act amazed Mel B to the point where she used her Golden Buzzer on her sending her straight to the live shows skipping the Judge Cuts. I really do think what she can do at 14 years old is actually quite remarkable. However, it's pretty hard to catch my attention as an opera singer. I found myself zoning out a few times during her performance, but that's just because opera music isn't necessarily my thing. I'm pretty sure she'll go through because what she can do at her age is really cool. It's just not my cup of tea.



Week 1 Results:
So on the previous night, 12 acts had performed and America has voted for their favorite acts. 7 are going through tonight. There were also some special performances by last year's winner, Paul Zerdin, and Season 9 winner, Mat Franco. So I'm just going to kind of recap exactly how the results went. If you want, you can skip right to my summary of the results because this results portion of the post is a little long.



The first thing that was done was host Nick Cannon announced the three acts in danger of leaving that came in 6th, 7th, and 8th place in no particular order and asked them to step forward. Then he announced that we have the option to save one of the three acts using the Dunkin' Save (the name was formed that way since Dunkin' Donuts sponsors the show). Basically for 30 minutes since announced, we have the chance to go on Google, search "Dunkin' Save", and select one of the three acts that we want to be saved. The act that receives the most votes is then put through to the semifinals. The three acts in danger were:




  • Deadly Games
  • Hara
  • Lori Mae Hernandez

Towards the end of the episode is when the Dunkin' Save is to be announced allowing time for us at home to vote. In the meantime, some acts were put through and some acts were sent home. The way this is done is Nick calls up a couple of acts to step forward and typically one of them goes through. However, it has happened where both go through or neither go through. The first two acts called up were:



  • Musicality
  • Dorothy Williams


And the act that made it through to the semifinals is: Musicality!


So one of the spots is now taken and Musicality have made it through. Immediately after was the next result. The next two acts called up were:

  • Jayna Brown
  • Laura Bretan


And the act that made it through to the semifinals is: Both of them!


Now with the addition of Jayna Brown and Laura Bretan, three acts total out of seven have been sent to the semifinals. Before the next result, we had some special guest performances. So I'm just going to review them real quick.


~ Paul Zerdin: Paul Zerdin is a ventriloquist. He was the winner of the previous season (season 10) of America's Got Talent. I really do love his act and I definitely think he deserved to win this show last year. He's a pro at what he does and his puppet, Sam, is so cute and adorable! I've never really been into ventriloquism until this man showed up last year. If you want, you can view this video, which has all of his performances last season from auditions to finals.


~ Mat Franco: Mat Franco is a magician. He was the winner of Season 9 of America's Got Talent. I'll admit, I was pretty annoyed with him when he won just because he had won over Emily West, who was the runner-up that season, and I thought she was more deserving of that win. But now I actually do really like him and I've realized how cool is magic (not to mention how cute he is as well). Honestly, his performance now of just spawning cards out of nowhere in his hand is already enough to amaze me because I have no idea how he does it, especially since he sleeves are up. Overall, he's a great magician.



Now that those performances are over, it's time for the next result. The next two acts called up were:


  • Outlawz
  • Daniel Joyner


And the act that made it through to the semifinals is: Neither of them


With neither of them going through, we still have three out of seven spots taken so far. Now it's time for the next result. The final three acts on stage called up were:

  • Sila Sveta
  • Tape Face
  • Jon Dorenbos


And the act that made it through to the semifinals is: Jon Dorenbos!


Jon now has the fourth out of seven spots in the semifinals. However, Nick had the other two acts remain on stage as another act is going through. The two acts now are:

  • Sila Sveta
  • Tape Face


And the act that made it through to the semifinals is: Tape Face!


With Tape Face going through, he is the fifth act out of seven spots available. It is now time to bring out the three acts that were announced at the beginning of the show that are in danger of potentially leaving. Just as a reminder, the three acts are:


  • Deadly Games
  • Hara
  • Lori Mae Hernandez


During the episode, we as the viewers had the option to save one of the acts by the using the Dunkin' Save. So here is the result.


The act that was saved with the Dunkin' Save and made it through to the semifinals is: Lori Mae Hernandez (ridiculous choice America)


So now that Lori made it through with the Dunkin' Save, she is the sixth act out of seven spots available. There are two acts remaining and it is now up to the judges to decide which acts goes through. If one of the acts receives one vote from three judges at least, they go through. If the judges are split and there's a tie (2 vote for one act and the other 2 vote for the other) then the act that goes through is the one that got more votes based off America. I know this is all really confusing, but it's easier when you watch as opposed to me explaining it. Anyway, the two acts left are:


  • Deadly Games
  • Hara

Judges' Choices:

  • Heidi Klum voted first and put her vote on Deadly Games.
  • Mel B voted second and put her vote on Hara.
  • Simon Cowell voted third and put his vote on Deadly Games.
  • Howie Mandel voted fourth and put his vote on Hara.

Now because there was a tie as two judges voted for Deadly Games and two voted for Hara, the act that goes through is the one that got more votes from America.


The act that got more votes from America winning Judges' Choice and making it through to the semifinals is: Deadly Games!


Deadly Games is now the final act going through taking the seventh spot out of seven available slots.


So to sum up the results:

Moving Forward To The Semifinals:

  • Musicality
  • Jayna Brown
  • Laura Bretan
  • Jon Dorenbos
  • Tape Face
  • Lori Mae Hernandez (Dunkin' Save)
  • Deadly Games (Won Judges' Choice)

Eliminated:

  • Dorothy Williams
  • Outlawz
  • Daniel Joyner
  • Sila Sveta
  • Hara (Lost Judges' Choice)


My Top 5 Performances
1. Jayna Brown
2. Jon Dorenbos
3. Deadly Games
4. Dorothy Williams
5. Hara

268 comments:

  1. Dorothy deserved to be eliminated, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that Hara should be brought back by wildcard.

      Delete
    2. Yeah he should if there even are anymore.

      Delete
    3. New Romantics deserves to be eliminated

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    4. . please be nice

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    5. YOU please be nice. Please stop annoying us.

      Delete
  2. I decided to post COAEP today so it's out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
  3. Throwback comment(s) of the day (focus on the dates):
    Takes place on one of Lance's pages:
    http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_17.html

    11/20/14 (Start):
    Graham: Will this ever be updated?
    11/21/14 (1 day):
    Lance: Yes! I just haven't had the time. Totally honest..
    01/12/15 (7 weeks):
    Graham: when?
    01/25/15 (2 months):
    Adrian: This still hasn't been updated.....
    02/20/15 (3 months):
    Mikey: Still hasn't been updated....
    03/03/15 (3.5 months):
    Mikey: Brush seriously
    03/04/15 (3.5 months):
    Graham: still hasn't been updated...
    03/14/15 (4 months):
    Adrian: *One year later*

    Nope. Still hasn't been updated.
    03/19/15 (4 months):
    Mikey: HURRY UP AND UPDATE THIS
    03/30/15 (4 months):
    Graham: Yeah lance seriously... If ur never gonna update it just don't make it a sidebar
    04/15/15 (5 months):
    Graham: :)
    04/17/15 (5 months):
    Lance: Ummmm....... shortly??????

    :)))
    Graham: Lol
    06/28/15 (7 months):
    Mikey: Hilarious
    06/29/15 (7 months):
    Lance: What :)
    07/04/15 (7.5 months):
    Mikey: this isnt updated still
    07/05/15 (7.5 months):
    Lance: What I'm planning for this page is harder than you think,
    08/02/15 (8.5 months):
    Graham: :)
    08/03/15 (8.5 months):
    Lance: :)
    08/14/15 (9 MONTHS):
    Graham: OMG THIS IS FINALLY UPDATED!!!!!

    It took Lance 9 months to update his page. That's a pretty long time.

    Also a comment from that page:
    02/15/16:
    Chase: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/07/billboard-hot-100-decade-end-list-for.html

    Don't forget to read my review of the decade end list for the 2000s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a throwback pick Chase!

      Delete
    2. Geez, is there any song you WON'T lose your mind seeing at #1? (Okay, Cheap Thrills maybe...) Honestly, overplay is nothing new and a few weeks on the chart really shouldn't completely skew you on otherwise great songs like this one.

      Delete
    3. Yeah seriously. You grow out of too many songs way too quickly.

      Delete
    4. Guys please be nice

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    5. I think it was about time to report him

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yay!

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
  7. Can Hymn for the Weekend not enter the countdown? That song is old.

    -Chasetronaut in the House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hymn For The Weekend will enter the countdown because it is relatively new to radio.

      Delete
    2. The video was released months ago. Hits 1 is so late again.

      -Chasetronaut in the House

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. The official music video was released in late January/early February, and the song was just released to Top 40 radio last month. I get what Chase is saying, but honestly I don't really care. Old/overplay doesn't always equal bad.

      Delete
    5. When I said "^" it was for Adrian's comment

      Delete
    6. "The video was released months ago"? This is also coming from someone who several times has suggested Hold Back The River by James Bay, a song that's been around since AT LEAST 2015 (I don't know exactly how long, but I know because Spectrum Pulse had it in his look at the Canadian Hot 100 post from back in August 2015).

      Delete
    7. So, Let It Go was released back in September of 2014, and it just got popular this year.

      Delete
  8. Exit:
    Me, Myself & I
    Work

    Entrant
    Lovesick
    HFTW

    #1 Song: Ride [1st Week @ #1]

    Biggest DROP!!!... of the Week: Victorious (-19)

    Biggest Jump of the Week: Unsteady (+16)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. In one comment, you said that you hated Miles, Trance, Durp, and Parker.

      Delete
  10. Predictions for July 30, 2016:
    Exits:
    Lost Boy
    My House
    Work
    Kill 'Em With Kindness
    Unsteady
    Wild Things
    Me, Myself, & I
    Entrants:
    Hymn For The Weekend
    I'm Not Famous
    Brand New
    Rise
    All About Us
    Body Say
    Lovesick
    HitBound Entrants:
    Heathens
    Into You
    Like I Would
    Superstitious
    Fresh Eyes
    Never Be Like You
    All In My Head (Flex)
    #1 Can't Stop The Feeling
    Biggest Drop: New Romantics
    Biggest Jump: Girls Talk Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt there is gonna be 7 entrants.

      Delete
    2. How many do you think there will be?

      Delete
    3. Like I Would should not debut HitBound, it's so annoying.

      Delete
    4. What? How do you not like it?

      Delete
    5. Don't U like or hate me Chase?

      Delete
    6. The REAL HitBound Entrants:
      Heathens
      Into You
      Cold Water
      Superstitious
      Fresh Eyes
      Never Be like You
      All in My Head (Flex)

      Delete
    7. You think every song that's been on the countdown for even a month or less you think is annoying.

      Delete
    8. Cold Water is kinda annoying.

      Delete
    9. Heathens is boring and awful.

      Into You is awesome.

      Don't care about Cold Water.

      Same with Superstitious.

      And Fresh Eyes.

      Never Be Like You is great.

      All In My Head (Flex) is okay.

      Delete
    10. I've never heard Fresh Eyes or Heathens.

      Delete
    11. Okay, I don't like Heathens because of the tune and I love Fresh Eyes because it's calming.

      Delete
    12. Into You is amazing, not a fan of Cold Water, Superstitious is actually pretty good, Never Be Like You is awful, and All In My Head (Flex) is good but not as good as other Fifth Harmony songs.

      Delete
    13. I hate Heathens because of the blaring synths in the chorus, the beat is boring, and I hate how Tyler Joseph's voice goes from pitched up to pitched down throughout the song.

      Delete
    14. I don't like the tune in Heathens. I really wished that Doubt or Lane Boy was the next Twenty One Pilots single instead.

      Delete
    15. Yeah I wished Polarize, Doubt, Message Man, or even Lane Boy was the next single off of Blurryface.

      Delete
    16. I've never heard Polarize or Message Man and the lyrics are crap In Never Be Like You.

      Delete
    17. How so?

      You definitely should listen to Polarize and Message Man, their great song off of the album.

      Delete
    18. Lane Boy will probably be the next single.

      Delete
    19. Heathens is okay

      Into You is pretty good

      Cold Water is awesome

      Haven't heard the next two

      Never Be Like You is alright

      All In My Head is epicer than I am

      Delete
    20. I actually like Heathens because I like the darker feel that comes with it. Certainly not their best, but I do like it.

      I don't really love Into You at this point, but it's certainly better than Dangerous Woman.

      Cold Water is awesome. Justin Bieber's vocals are on point.

      I like Superstitious, but it doesn't top Classic or American Dream.

      Fresh Eyes was okay from the ten seconds of it that I heard.

      I love the beat in Never Be Like You. Apparently that's enough to captivate me completely and make me a fan.

      Fifth Harmony are not as good as they used to be. Sledgehammer and Worth It were both really good, with the latter being a step up from the former. Work From Home was a reasonable step down and this song is only okay right now.

      Delete
    21. I don't hate Heathens, I just don't like it. Maybe it'll grow into me.

      Delete
    22. Adrian if there was no Fetty Wap in AIMH would you like it?

      Delete
    23. For Heathens, I like the darker tone and the writing is good for Twenty One Pilots. But I can't stand the blast of synths in the chorus and Tyler's vocals being pitched up and down throughout the song.

      Into You is better than Dangerous Woman by like a mile. But I can't help but realize that this song uses the line "A little less conversation and a little more touch my body" is a mere reference to Elvis Presley's A Little Less Conversation and Mariah Carey's Touch My Body. But at least Ariana Grande can actually pull it off.

      Don't care about Cold Water, Superstitious, or Fresh Eyes.

      The beat, while trap like, wins me over.

      I thought that Miss Movin' On and Sledgehammer were some of theie best, and that Worth It was actually a step down from them. And then they took an absolute dive bomb into shit with Work From Home. All In My Head is only okay.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It'll probably 3 at the most, maybe 4.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Miles, do you even like 6+ exit weeks? And are you talking about this week?

      Delete
    4. And Chase, please delete your comment now. It has nothing to do with this conversation.

      Delete
    5. And I doesn't make any sense.

      Delete
    6. I'm younger than you and more mature than you.

      Delete
    7. No, I just don't always bitch about how many new songs we'll get this week on the countdown, like you. I don't get annoyed by old songs most of the time, unlike everyone else.

      Delete
    8. Oh, IMO, they are usually shit.

      Delete
    9. This coming from the girl that doesn't like songs with curse words in them.

      Delete
    10. Thank you Chase. I'm going to teach you how to be good.

      Delete
    11. What? If you're trying to reply to me, my name is not Chase.

      Delete
    12. I'm not replying to you, Miles. I'm teaching Chase how to be good.

      Delete
    13. I'm 16 years old, so I'm older than Durp, Parker, Trance, Jack, Ben, Lance, Remy, Leah, ., and many others. I'm more responsible than Chase despite him being older than me so I'm going to teach him how to be good.

      Delete
    14. Kate's 6, so I don't care about her being good.

      Delete
    15. I'm also older than Graham.

      Delete
  12. #TeamNoWeAreMyBabies10
    #TeamTrance1317
    #TeamEPG
    #TeamJustice707
    #TeamNoMilesWashcalus
    #TeamParkerScott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all Chase, do not lie, please tell the truth. Or and never say to hate anybody. #TeamChasetronautinthehouse

      Delete
    2. #TeamWeAreMyBabies10
      #TeamTrance1317
      #TeamNoEPG
      #TeamNoJustice707
      #TeamMilesWashcalus
      #TeamParkerScott
      #TeamNoChasetronautintheHouse

      Delete
    3. Thank you Miles for liking me. You are not mean after all.

      Delete
  13. I told Trance to come back just for Chase and I told Remy to come back also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bad news for "Fight Song" haters: you may have found out about this by now, but it's Hilary Clinton's new theme as of the DNC. If you hated it before, it will probably become one of your most hated songs of the decade before the election is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the fact that song has to be used during an election at all. I like the song, but I hate how an old crony windbag for a toxic political party is using it as her theme.

      Delete
    2. I liked that song and nothing really changes from Hillary Clinton using it in my opinion.

      Delete
  15. New on Hits 1: Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

    ReplyDelete
  16. Predictions:
    (http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/predictions.html)

    Exits:
    x37. Wild Things
    x40. You Don't Own Me
    x44. Lost Boy
    x45. Work

    Entrants:
    41. Rise
    39. Lovesick
    38. All About Us
    37. Body Say

    Top 10:
    10. We Don't Talk Anymore (new to top 10)
    9. This is What You Came For
    8. Don't Let Me Down
    7. Dangerous Woman
    6. Just Like Fire
    5. I Took a Pill in Ibiza
    4. Cheap Thrills
    3. Sit Still, Look Pretty (re-entry to top 10, from #12)
    2. Ride
    1. Can't Stop the Feeling

    Biggest Drop: Close (-19)
    Biggest Jump: Girls Talk Boys (+13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't count on Rise debuting the other 3 probably will though.

      Delete
  17. The AT40 copy and pasted from The Pulse Music Board. Bold means biggest jump and italicized means biggest drop.

    AMERICAN TOP 40 - JULY 30, 2016
    LW TW WKS Artist - Title
    39 40 (34) twenty | one | pilots - Stressed Out (1)
    DE 39 (01) Coldplay - Hymn For The Weekend (39)
    36 38 (21) Zara Larsson & MNEK - Never Forget You (6)
    37 37 (02) Ben Rector - Brand New (37)
    34 36 (39) DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (2)
    Extra: Elle King - Ex's And Oh's
    40 35 (02) Drake featuring Rihanna - Too Good (35)
    35 34 (02) Jordan Fisher - All About Us (34)
    32 33 (30) Flo Rida - My House (1)
    18 32 (09) Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness (13)
    31 31 (06) Zayn - Like I Would (31)
    On The Verge: Beyonce - Sorry
    Optional Extra: The Weeknd - The Hills
    26 30 (07) OneRepublic - Wherever I Go (26)
    29 29 (30) Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (1)
    38 28 (02) Ariana Grande - Into You (28)
    27 27 (03) Rihanna - Needed Me (27)
    25 26 (25) G-Eazy featuring Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I (1)
    30 25 (04) Kiiara - Gold (25)
    Extra: Flo Rida featuring Sage The Gemini - G.D.F.R.
    28 24 (09) Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (24)
    23 23 (22) Lukas Graham - 7 Years (1)
    24 22 (05) Charlie Puth featuring Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (22)
    17 21 (17) Ruth B. - Lost Boy (16)
    On The Verge: RedOne featuring Enrique Iglesias, R. City, Serayah & Shaggy - Don't You Need Somebody
    Optional Extra: Jason Derülo featuring 2 Chainz - Talk Dirty
    16 20 (23) Zayn - Pillowtalk (1)
    19 19 (07) DNCE - Toothbrush (19)
    21 18 (13) Flume featuring Kai - Never Be Like You (18)
    SUBWAY Fresh Buzz Song: Lukas Graham - Mama Said
    22 17 (04) Fifth Harmony featuring Fetty Wap - All In My Head (Flex) (17)
    20 16 (07) Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (16)
    15 15 (05) Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (15)
    14 14 (08) Meghan Trainor - Me Too (14)
    12 13 (24) Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (1)
    Extra: Vance Joy - Riptide
    10 12 (16) Nick Jonas featuring Tove Lo - Close (10)
    11 11 (20) Fifth Harmony featuring Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home (1)
    Optional Extra: Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
    09 10 (20) James Bay - Let It Go (8)
    13 09 (08) Kent Jones - Don't Mind (9)
    08 08 (12) Pink - Just Like Fire (8)
    06 07 (18) Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (4)
    07 06 (11) twenty | one | pilots - Ride (6)
    04 05 (11) Calvin Harris featuring Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (4)
    Extra: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert - Same Love
    03 04 (10) Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (1)
    05 03 (13) Sia - Cheap Thrills (3)
    Optional Extra: The Wanted - Glad You Came
    01 02 (16) The Chainsmokers featuring Daya - Don't Let Me Down (1)
    02 01 (13) Drake featuring Wizkid and Kyla - One Dance **1st week @ no. 1**

    DROPPER
    Bebe Rexha featuring Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts (from #33, 5 weeks on)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg the #1 and NBH leaving. Wow.

      Optional/Extra review:
      #36-#35: Green
      #31-#30: Green
      #25-#24: Green
      #21-#20: Green
      #13-#12: Purple
      #11-#10: Green
      #05-#04: Green
      #03-#02: Green

      Delete
    2. Looks like new LOP award this year.

      Delete
    3. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/07/at40-73016-one-dance-drake-1.html

      Already have the post out. Beat you to the punch Graham.

      Delete
  18. Worth It now has 1,000,000,000 views on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Into You is better than All In My Head (Flex) IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus Hits 1 didn't tweet the HitBound entrants?!?!?!?!? WTF?

      Delete
    2. They never tweet out the Hit-Bound entrants lately. So they're probably never going to tweet them again. But we probably know what the entrants will be and how many there will be (6).

      Delete
    3. HitBound Entrant:
      All in My Head (Flex)

      Delete
    4. There's most likely going to be some more.

      Delete
    5. Also, Chase should not say that he hates . like he did to me.

      Delete
  20. If you haven't done yet, please vote for my WhatYouWant countdown. Voting will close in three hours.
    https://goo.gl/forms/dP0iuBXSohqlYEJR2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll guess who all the voters were.
      1. Graham
      2. Scott...wait, no, wait...it is Scott. Forgot to set to limit to 1 response.
      3. WAMB10 (probably)
      4. Parker (put only 0s or 10s)
      5. No, this one is Scott...no, they're both Scott.
      6. And this one is Parker too.

      Delete
    2. Heh, yeah, I voted twice. Didn't know we were supposed to only introduce one, so my bad.

      Delete
    3. I voted twice because I messed up on my first vote

      Delete
    4. It's my bad. There's a setting to set the vote limit to 1.

      Delete
  21. You know, I just listened to this new track by Jason Derulo, called Kiss The Sky. And this is actually pretty cool. Unfortunately, like all his singles after Want To Want Me, it doesn't look like it'll be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WhatYouWant countdown is out! Will Coldplay, Beyoncé, and SeeB hold at #1 for a second week? Plus 9 debuts! *I suggest that Graham see this, read the "Statistics" part*
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/wutchuwant-countdown.html

    #40Friday is out too! Will Danger Twins hold at #1 for a second week or will Zara Larsson, 5 Seconds of Summer, Fergie or even Lukas Graham take the #1 away?
    http://40friday.blogspot.com/2016/07/july-29-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. We will probably have 3 exits this week. I really hope that next week has 7 exits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I the only one that thinks there will be 4 exits this week?

      Delete
    2. We may have 4 exits this week because it is very possible that we have a re-entry as they sometimes appear randomly.

      Delete
    3. Here's some song that re-entered randomly.
      Echosmith - Let's Love
      Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
      Kelly Clarkson - Heartbeat Song
      Martin Garrix - Animals
      Ed Sheeran - Don't
      ...and many more...

      Delete
    4. Am I the only one that doesn't really care how many we have?

      Delete
    5. You cared about your birthday last year because it had no exits.

      Delete
    6. And it was the week of May 2, 2015, which May 2 is your birthday. Sugar was also #1 that week as I remember.

      Delete
    7. My birthday weekend in 2015 also didn't have any exits and instead of Sugar at #1, it was Shut Up And Dance. BTW, it was October 3, 2015, not October 6, 2015.

      Delete
    8. According to DSR, Don't had a lot of spins the week before it re-entered.

      Delete
    9. And how did you go back to April 2015?

      Delete
    10. Exits/#1 on my birthday weekend 2012-2015:
      2012: 3, One More Night (from #22!)
      2013: 4, Roar
      2014: 3, Shake it Off
      2015: 4, Shut Up and Dance

      Delete
    11. I don't care how many exits we have.

      Delete
    12. You can click "Search Previous Week" like a billion times. Or http://dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php?artist=Ed+Sheeran&title=Don%27t&channel=2&month=&date=&shour=&sampm=&stz=&ehour=&eampm=&tdate=201514

      Delete
    13. Do you know how many exits did your birthday weekend have in 2011 cus I don't.

      Delete
    14. 2012: 4
      2013: 4
      2014: 2
      2015: 0

      Delete
    15. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=SiriusXM_Hits_1&action=history

      WIKIPEDIA POWER!!!

      September 24, 2011
      Whoa, 6 exits, and a drop off from #8?!?!?

      Also I think it said 7/9/11 was an 8-exit week.

      Delete
    16. You had 5, and one of the exits was from We the Kings.

      Delete
    17. 7/9/11:

      Exits:
      Till The World Ends- Britney Spears (#10)
      Photograph- Santana/Chris Daughtry (#11)
      For The First Time- The Script (#26)
      Feels So Good- Steven Tyler (#28)
      Roll Up- Wiz Khalifa (#32)
      Who Says- Selena Gomez & The Scene (#44)
      Backseat- New Boyz/Cataracs/Dev (#45)

      Entrants:
      Rumor Has It- Adele (#43)
      She Ain't You- Chris Brown (#37)
      Blackout- Breath Carolina (#36)
      Who's That Girl- Guy Sebastian/Eve (#34)
      Right There- 50 Cent/Nicole Scherzinger (#33)
      Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall- Coldplay (#32)
      Sugarcane- Shaggy (#21)
      Smile- Avril Lavigne (#18)

      Biggest Drop: Good Life- OneRepublic (5-22)
      Biggest Jump: Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)- Katy Perry (33-1)

      #1: Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)- Katy Perry [1st week @ #1]

      Delete
  24. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/07/billboard-hot-100-review-twenty-six-1.html

    I review all 26 debuts at the top of the Billboard Hot 100.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow I actually love the Chainsmokers new single. like I don't think there'll ever be a song by them I don't enjoy a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I think Halsey did a really nice job on the vocals. These guys always pick really good singers to feature in their songs.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  26. Starting Monday I'm going to do a game called The 31 Questions Of August where I ask one random question each day and the person who answers the most of the 31 questions wins! In case of a tie I'll just use a randomizer. So yeah, just something I came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  27. All About Us is still on HitBound, right Adrian?

    ReplyDelete
  28. So Hit-Bound played this morning and NBLY did not debut for some reason, but there were 13 songs so that was probably the missing song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have the countdown and Hit-Bound?

      Delete
    2. Leaving to debut (probably) were:
      Lovesick
      All About Us
      Body Say

      And leaving Hit-Bound were:
      No Broken Hearts
      I Wanna Know
      Hello Friday

      Okay, so how did I predict the first two leaving Hit-Bound? I'm pretty good at this.

      Delete
  29. Exits
    x37. Wild Things
    x38. My House
    x45. Work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so glad that My House is gone.

      Delete
    2. There you go Adrian and Scott, you got your wish, Work left this week.

      Delete
    3. Countdown so far for you Miles:

      45. Me, Myself and I (#43)
      44. Pillowtalk (#35)

      Delete
    4. Hit-Bound for you Miles:
      All in My Head (Flex) (DEBUT)
      Fresh Eyes (DEBUT)
      Wild
      Spirits
      Into You (DEBUT)
      Heathens (DEBUT)
      I'm Not Famous
      Hymn For the Weekend
      Superstitious
      Rise
      Back 2 U
      Red Dress
      Brand New

      and no NBLY.

      Delete
    5. Countdown news: Bad news for Lost Boy haters. It jumped 2 to #42 without airplay.

      Delete
    6. Debut alert: All About Us at #39.

      Delete
    7. You forgot to put Superstitious as a debut.

      Delete
    8. Debut alert: Lovesick at #36.

      Delete
    9. Oh I did forget.
      And please comment more during the countdown. I feel lonely without anyone else here. :/

      Delete
    10. Debut alert: Body Say at #31.

      Delete
  30. Wait...No Broken Hearts left HitBound? Noooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Biggest drop alert: (I'm pretty sure) Close (-18) (Darn, I was one away!)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good news! I just heard Scott as a guest DJ for the Sound!

    ReplyDelete
  33. One Dance down 1 to #21.

    Seriously? This song is so popular.

    But that puts Mama Said in the top 20 :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. No. Spyder messed up the list for #25-#21.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's
      25. Symon - Say (#29)
      24. All Time Low - Missing You (#32)
      23. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#10)
      22. DNCE - Toothbrush (#15)
      21. Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance (#20)

      Delete
    2. 20. Ugghhh… Girls Talk Boys
      19. Mama Said :)
      18. Tear In My… Stressed Out
      17. The most repetitive song ever… Me Too
      16. Figure Me Out

      Delete
    3. BTW Graham, Girls Talk Boys is not boring.

      Delete
    4. 15. Don't Mind

      Spyder Harrison just said this was his favorite song on the countdown SO TAKE THAT HATERS!!

      Delete
    5. The most repetitive song ever… Me Too

      The worst song of 2016... Me Too.

      Delete
    6. We all have our opinions and in mine it is.

      Delete
    7. Okay. I just don't see it boring.

      Delete
  35. Last time Once in a While dropped: June 18

    ReplyDelete