Saturday, March 23, 2019

Panic! At The Disco (3) – Week Of March 23, 2019

Hey guys! The due date for my rankdown is a week from today. I'm most likely going to extend it in case anyone else still wants to send. I'm pretty flexible and am not too picky about when I close the form. I'd rather wait longer and have more people who are interested participate. So that will probably be extended. If you're interested, you should really get going on it. All the information you need is in the rankdown page. Now let's get to the countdown as there is quite a bit to talk about this week. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over (#30)
  • Lauren Daigle – You Say (#35)
  • Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe (#38)
  • Seeb/Bastille – Grip (#39)
  • George Ezra – Shotgun (#41)
  • Jennifer Lopez – Limitless (#42)
  • lovelytheband – Broken (#44)

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
The Countdown
45. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#43)
44. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#45)
43. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#40)
42. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#34)
41. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#37)
40. Post Malone – Wow (#36)
39. Kelsy Karter – Harry (DEBUT)
38. Zedd/Katy Perry – 365 (#32)
37. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow (RE-ENTRY)
36. Madison Beer/Offset – Hurts Like Hell (DEBUT)
35. LSD/Lil Wayne – Genius (DEBUT)
34. Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me (#23)
33. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#33) [1 Week At #1]
32. Maren Morris – GIRL (DEBUT)
31. Cardi B/Bruno Mars – Please Me (#31)
30. Meghan Trainor – All The Ways (DEBUT)
29. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy – I've Been Waiting (#28)
28. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#26)
27. Jake Miller – Wait For You (#29)
26. Grandson – Apologize (#25)
25. 5 Seconds of Summer – Youngblood (#27) [5 Weeks At #1]
24. Khalid – Better (#24)
23. Yungblud/Halsey/Travis Barker – 11 Minutes (DEBUT)
22. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#16)
21. Dan + Shay – Speechless (#22)
20. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#21)
19. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar (#17)
18. Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired (#19)
17. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More (#18)
16. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#20)
15. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (#12)
14. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love (#13)
13. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#14)
12. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#11)
11. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (#4)
10. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#9) [8 Weeks At #1]
  9. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#10)
  8. Dean Lewis – Be Alright (#15)
  7. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#6) [7 Weeks At #1]
  6. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#3) [2 Weeks At #1]
  5. Halsey – Without Me (#2) [5 Weeks At #1]
  4. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#5)
  3. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#8)
  2. Jonas Brothers – Sucker (#7)
  1. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (3)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me (–11)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Dean Lewis – Be Alright (+7)

New Entrants
~ We have seven entries this week including one re-entry. We'll go from worst to best starting with what could possibly be one of the worst songs of 2019. It is Harry by Kelsy Karter. I don't know where Hits 1 found this song, but it's honestly just horrendous. I want to think this song is some kind of joke because this is one of the most obnoxious things I've heard in a while. Apparently this song is about Harry Styles, which just makes the song so weird when reading through the lyrics. It probably wouldn't be as weird if she didn't name the song after him. And her vocals here are awful. Her screaming in the chorus is hard to listen to and I don't really like her voice in the verses. Overall, this song is just more annoying than anything else and I don't understand why it's here. I hope it doesn't stick around very long.

~ Next we have Madison Beer returning with her "newer" song, Hurts Like Hell. I put quotes around that word because this song has been around for a while now. I did not like it when it was first released and nothing has changed. She is not a bad singer by any means, but her voice is not that interesting or unique. I don't like the production here and I find the chorus kind of annoying. Hits 1 did remove Offset from the song, which made it slightly better. But it's still generic. I preferred the forgettable, but fine Home With You. Even though that song wasn't that great, Hurts Like Hell is worse in almost every way. I hope this doesn't become a hit.

~ After having a big year in 2018, Maren Morris has finally released a new album and this week, we get the lead single and title track, Girl. Even though I did not like The Middle and Rich, I remember first learning about her in 2016 when I heard My Church, which I loved. I know she's very talented, but I just don't hear it in this new song. It sounds too much like 80s Mercedes, which is another song I love. So it just feels unoriginal and like it's been done before. I haven't listened to her album in full yet, but the few songs I have listened to like her collab with Brandi Carlile are better because they feel original and her talent shows more. As far as Girl goes, it's just generic unoriginal pop that's destined for radio. There's nothing special about this whatsoever.

~ Next is a song that has been around for quite a while now. It's from one of the worst pop artists this decade and it's called All The Ways. I've already talked about why I despise Meghan Trainor because I don't like her messages in her music such as promoting laziness and putting down skinny people (All About That Bass) as well as putting men down in order to uplift women (No, No Excuses, probably the majority of her discography). I think she's a bad songwriter and she's been pretty consistent throughout her career so far. It seems like the general public is also catching on with how much her last few songs have flopped and how she just took down her album that was supposed to come out last August. Having said all that, I don't hate All The Ways. I think it's one of her better songs because there is an obvious improvement in the songwriting. It's not great lyrically, but it's fine. I don't really like her voice here and the song feels generic, but it's nowhere near the worst thing she's ever made. I don't want this to get big and I don't think it will, but it's far from the worst thing on the countdown.

~ Next is the highest debut of the week, which comes from Yungblud, Halsey, and Travis Barker from Blink-182. The song is called 11 Minutes. I feel like I should dislike this, but I don't. I don't like it and I probably never will. But the instrumentation and production here is solid and Travis Barker did the best job out of the three artists involved. I don't like Yungblud here. I think his voice is really annoying and I would prefer if he didn't become the next big thing. Halsey sounds okay. She's better here than on Without Me, but this is nowhere near her best work vocally. So yeah, I'm pretty mixed on this as a whole. This is definitely not something I want to become a hit, but it probably will since radio loves Halsey. That's literally the only reason why the song is even here. So yeah. I hope this doesn't get big.

~ Moving on, we have our first good debut in the form of Genius by LSD. This song has been around for a really long time and is only just now getting big because of the remix with Lil Wayne. Despite me not liking LSD and hating songs like Audio and Mountains, Genius is easily their best song. The remix is good, but not as great. I don't love Lil Wayne's verse and his random shouting throughout the song. They also took out the last minute of the song for some reason, which also brings it down for me. So I obviously prefer the original version, but the remix is still good. I think the chorus is catchy and I like Labrinth and Sia's vocals for the most part. Even though the song is old, I'm happy to see it become a pop single because it's their best work. I'd like to see this do better than Thunderclouds because this is the better song, no question.

~ Finally we have our re-entry from Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. As you all should know, I adore this song and it's gotten even better recently for different reasons. Their performance of this at the Oscars was amazing and easily the best moment of the night. Both of them have really great voices, especially Bradley Cooper, which is impressive. These two have incredible chemistry as seen in the performance. It really was amazing and that along with it winning Best Original Song managed to get it to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, which is absolutely amazing. I also saw A Star Is Born recently and hearing the song in the context of the movie also made it even better. It's just such a well-written, well-sung, and well-produced song that is full of emotion and gives me chills every time I hear it. The fact that pop radio abandoned this song so early is absurd, but I am happy to see this song getting picked up again and re-entering countdowns like this and the American Top 40. This song is just incredible in every way and I hope it can actually stick around this time.


Best Entrant of the Week: Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow

Best Debut of the Week: LSD/Lil Wayne – Genius


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Ally Brooke/Tyga – Low Key
  • P!nk – Walk Me Home
  • Austin Brown – In Betweenin'
  • Marshmello/CHVRCHES – Here With Me (DEBUT)
  • Fletcher – Undrunk
  • lovelytheband – Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard – Think About You
  • Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj – Dumb Blonde
  • Ariana Grande – Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
  • Louis Tomlinson – Two Of Us
  • Ava Max – So Am I (DEBUT)
  • Bebe Rexha – Last Hurrah
  • Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend
  • NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts – So Close

~ Our two debuts this week are songs that are both pretty identical to their predecessors. The better of the two is obviously Here With Me by Marshmello and CHVRCHES. This is basically Happier. It sounds just like it. The only different is that it features a different pop/alt group and the drop sounds slightly different. But Happier is a great song and this is as well. I like the build-up and the drop is interesting. Lauren Mayberry sounds great on here. I really love her voice and that goes for a lot of CHVRCHES' material as well. This is obviously not the best thing CHVRCHES have ever been a part of, but I hope this gives them the mainstream success they've deserved for a while now.

~ Next is So Am I by Ava Max. This is Sweet But Psycho with different lyrics. So Am I sounds more identical to Sweet But Psycho than Here With Me does to Happier. The beat and production is literally the same. And Sweet But Psycho is not even that great of a song. Here With Me managed to still have some uniqueness to it probably because it's a different vocalist. But So Am I is completely unoriginal. Ava Max's career is not going to go very far if she keeps releasing songs that sound just like each other. This shows her lack of originality and uniqueness as an artist and that she's not very capable of making anything other than forgettable pop songs that may be a little catchy. So I would rather have this not be a hit.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Kygo/Valerie Broussard – Think About You
2. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj – Dumb Blonde
3. Louis Tomlinson – Two Of Us
4. Marshmello/CHVRCHES – Here With Me
5. P!nk – Walk Me Home


Blur-Blur-Blur-Blur-Blur-Blur-Blurbs
~ Hey Look Ma, I Made It continues to hold at #1, which is cool with me. But we did see jumps from Sucker up to #2 and Sweet But Psycho up to #3. I'd be cool with Sucker getting some weeks at #1, which I'm sure it will. I don't want Sweet But Psycho at #1, but it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. I'd definitely take that over Let Me Down Slowly, which sits at #4.

~ New to the Top 10 this week, we have Be Alright by Dean Lewis, which I'm definitely happy about as this is a great song. It deserves this success and I'm glad to see it doing well because it's a really well-written tune. What's even better is that it knocked 7 Rings by Ariana Grande out of the Top 10 deservingly. It's pretty clear which is superior vocally, musically, and lyrically.

~ Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me seems to just be jumping high one week and then falling hard the next. Considering that this really isn't much of a hit, I think we should get rid of it soon, especially since we didn't let Almost Love become a hit, which is easily the much better song.

~ Zedd/Katy Perry – 365 seems to be declining everywhere and dying fast on radio. I blame the lack of promotion for this song because part of the reason The Middle was such a huge hit was because of all the Target commercials that used the song. And Katy Perry hasn't had a real hit since Dark Horse in 2014. I do think this song deserved better as it's really the only tolerable post-sellout Zedd song. But I'm cool with it if it means the world is starting to realize how generic Zedd has become. The man needs another banger like Addicted To A Memory or Transmission. I need True Colors Zedd back.

~ We have a few songs falling into the Bottom 5 for the first time. They're all pretty old. I'm really sick of Girls Like You at this point and I don't know why it's still here. Love Lies is even older, although Girls Like You feels older with how much it was overplayed. I still kinda like Love Lies, although I'd prefer if it left soon. And I still really like Don't Go Breaking My Heart and I'm glad Hits 1 let this song be a hit. It'll probably be on its way out soon, but I'm happy that it did as well as it did. It's still a bop.

~ Despite getting rid of seven songs, songs like Bebe Rexha – I'm A Mess and Charlie Puth – The Way I Am somehow managed to survive. The Way I Am was always bad and I'm A Mess is fading on me, so it'd be nice to get rid of both of them soon, at least before getting rid of Don't Go Breaking My Heart.

~ As far as the exits go, I would've kept most of them over the songs that took their places. But life is not always fair, so we got rid of a few really good songs. But we also got rid of Grip, which was very mediocre, and Limitless, which was very forgettable and generic. Neither of them should've ever debuted in the first place. We also lost Broken, which was quite old so I'm happy to see it go. But we also lost You Say, which I think is a great song and I really like her voice. Shotgun stuck around longer than I thought it would, but I'm happy about it because I do really like his voice. Sexual Vibe deserved better because it's a really catchy song. And Avril Lavigne deserves a hit and it's sad to see Tell Me It's Over go so soon. Even though it's not as great as Head Above Water, I still really like it and would've loved to see it get big and give her the hit she deserves. Oh well. It will be missed.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings
19. Halsey – Without Me
18. Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired

1 – Bad:
17. Anne-Marie – 2002
16. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly
15. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine

2 – Meh:
NONE

3 – Decent:
14. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me
13. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
12. Jonas Brothers – Sucker
11. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
10. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
9. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
8. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
7. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
6. Dan + Shay – Tequila
5. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar
4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love
3. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
2. Dean Lewis – Be Alright
1. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More

Overall Score: 69/100 = 69% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Backstreet Boys – As Long As You Love Me

Most Missed Countdown Song: fun. – Some Nights

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Backstreet Boys – No Place

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Walk The Moon – One Foot (#2)


My Top 5 Picks
1. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow
2. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More
3. Dean Lewis – Be Alright
4. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
5. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart

287 comments:

  1. If you guys want to participate in the Bloggers Top 20 Ranking, put it right here;
    |
    |
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inb4 Chase says that he though he's first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what the fuck are you saying. that makes zero sense. go commit eat cheese you hummingbird fucker

      Delete
    2. bassafras sassafras and CC, I need both of you to be nice to each other.

      Delete
    3. ^ and yes bassafras I will eat cheese and no I do not fuck hummingbirds...yet. Anyways, thank you for replying to my comment.

      Delete
  3. Countdown post is out!

    Link: http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2019/03/panic-at-disco-3-week-of-march-23-2019.html

    Personal Chart is out!

    Link: http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/hot-45-chart-97

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrian I though you would put 7 rings as the worst song but I have to agree with you on Harry

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Place flopped pop radio stations. So it shouldn't be on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if all of you new people want to go somewhere Chase-Free here’s the link to our Discord server, where most of us actually talk: https://discord.gg/QpVT4pK

    ReplyDelete
  7. weezer cum is back and it won't stop cumming

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    H.E.R. - Hard Place
    AJ Mitchell - Girls
    lovelytheband - these are my friends
    Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
    Rob Thomas - ONe Less Day (Dying Young)
    SHAED - Trampoline
    Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
    Dean Lewis - Waves
    Shinedown - Get Up
    Billie Eilish - when the party's over
    In Real life - Crazy AF
    Alessia Cara - Out of Love
    WALK THE MOON - Timebomb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Disappering friends, Miles and Waffle are no longer on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. i kicked miles out. i am his replacement

      Delete
    3. mr. weezer: I k..... no please don't say that, Miles will come back and curse more. You don't replace Miles for saying that.

      Delete
    4. he hasn't been on the comments here in fucking months. i'm not shocked you haven't noticed though. Your favorite weezer album is probably Raditude anyways

      Delete
  10. #teamawcool
    #teamcc
    #teambassafrassassafras
    #teambeluga
    #teamwearemybabies10
    #teamadriancarrazco
    #teamwaffle
    #teamtrance1317
    #teamchasetronautonair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Weezer I need you to stop saying Weezer come anymore it’s driving me nuts

      Delete
    2. Oh I have an idea let's get Sucker at #1 because it is at #2.

      Delete
    3. mr. weezer: How about by saying "Well if that's your opinion Chase I get it.

      Delete
    4. What the shrek did you just shreking say about me, you little puss? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Shreks, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on fairytale creatures, and I have over 300 confirmed swamps. I am trained in donkeh warfare and I'm the top shreker in the entire Duloc armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will shrek you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this swamp, mark my shreking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, shreker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of pixies across Duloc and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, swamp maggot. The storm that shreks out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking shreked, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can shrek you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare ear tube antenna things. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed shrek, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Duloc Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to shrek your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little puss. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your shreking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're shreking shreked, kiddo.

      Delete
  11. I thought I was the first to comment on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 Recomendation For Hits 1: Nick Perkins/Miles Washcalus/chroniclea- Sirant

    ReplyDelete
  13. NEW MUSIC ALERT:

    Sofia Reyes/Rita Ora/Anitta - R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know, it was on the YouTube 15

      Delete
  14. Hits 1 just updated the voting poll this week.
    Available for voting:
    Lizzo - Juice

    Unavailable for voting:
    Backstreet Boys - Don’t Go Breaking My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue Me was removed as well

      Delete
    2. And The Way I Am is still on the voting poll but It might leave the countdown.

      Delete
  15. Early Weekend Countdown Predictions for 3/30/2019:
    Out:
    Don't Go Breaking My Heart

    In:
    Dumb Blonde

    #1: Sucker (1st Week!!!)

    Biggest Drop: Tequila (-24)

    Biggest Jump: ALL THE WAYS (+18)

    HitBound entrant:
    Juice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Shallow would have the biggest jump, not ALL THE WAYS

      Delete
    2. Also, Sue Me is also gone. We're probably just short a song in Hit-Bound. Also, the biggest jump wasn't a mistake, I was just stating an opinion.

      Delete
    3. Oops, sorry Waffle, didn't see your comment

      Delete
    4. Sucker is not going to hit number 1 yet

      Delete
  16. My predictions for March 30, 2019:

    break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored and bury a friend are gonna debut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be 3 exits off which will be Sue Me, Don’t Go Breaking My Heart and The Way I Am since The Way I Am is on the voting poll

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. The Way I Am is also leaving because it is at #45

      Delete
    2. the way i am is just a really bad weezer song. even worse than can't stop partying

      Delete
    3. inb4 chase says it's his favorite

      Delete
    4. It is not my favorite song anymore I hate already, and it sucks!!!

      Delete
  18. SUCKER IS GOING TO DETHRONE HLMIMI from #1 and SUCKER WILL BE #1 and HLMIMI WILL BE #2.

    ReplyDelete
  19. THE WAY I AM SHOULD LEAVE THE COUNTDOWN SINCE IT IS STILL ON THE VOTING POLL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My predictions for 3/30/2019:
    break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored, bury a friend, and Walk Me Home will be debuting the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Lil Nas X - Old Town Road
    Russ - Missin You Crazy
    David Guetta/BeBe Rexha/J Balvin - Say My Name
    Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
    Dean Lewis - 7 Minutes
    H.E.R. - Hard Place

    ReplyDelete
  22. Available for vote on Hits 1:
    Ciara - Thinkin Bout You

    ReplyDelete
  23. Important news guys:


    We are going to have 3 exits, plus 3 entrants this week. TWIA, Sue Me and DGBMH will be leaving the countdown and WMH, buwyg,ib, baf will be debuting the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inb4 Adrian says "yes there will be 3 exits."

      Delete
    2. Well TWIA is still on the voting but it may leave. Walk Me Home aired as Ear Poppin' Music and it will debut the countdown this week.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Bazzi - Mine Left while it was still on the poll tho.

      Delete
    6. But I only see 2 songs entering so TWIA won’t leave.

      Delete
  24. New entries for Saturday's Weekend Countdown (3)
    break up with your girlfriend
    bury a friend
    walk me home

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Way I Am should leave this week and WALK ME HOME AIRED AS EAR POPPIN MUSIC. SO WMH WILL DEBUT THE COUNTDOWN THIS WEEK.



    Inb4 Adrian or BELUGA say "Yes WALK ME HOME WILL DEBUT."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWIA will not leave and In Betweenin will also debut, as much as I might not want it to.

      Delete
    2. Hi, I'm now BELUGA and even though Walk Me Home may debut, TWIA will not leave

      Delete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've got the Bloggers Top 20 Ranking here! The participants are: Me, Adrian, Waffle, Jack Farrel and WAMB10. Here's the list!

    #20: Halsey - Without Me (17) (-)
    #19: Anne-Marie - 2002 (14.6) (RE-ENTRY)
    #18: Dan + Shay - Tequila (14.2) (-2)
    #17: Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (14) (+1)
    #16: Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (13.6) (+3)
    #15: Lauv/Troye Sivan - i’m so tired… (12.6) (-2)
    #14: Ariana Grande - 7 rings (12.2) (+4)
    #13: Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (11.2) (-5)
    #12: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (10.8) (+3)
    #11: benny blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (10.6) (-6)
    #9: Dean Lewis - Be Alright (10.2) (+3)
    #9: Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (10.2) (+4)
    #8: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (9.6) (-3)
    #7: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (9.4) (-)
    #6: Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (8.2) (-2)
    #5: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (8) (+5)
    #4: Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (6.4) (+4)
    #2: Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (6.2) (-1) (1 week at our #1)
    #2: The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (6.2) (-1) (1 week at our #1)
    #1: Jonas Brothers - Sucker (4.8) (+1) (1st week at #1)

    That's the list! Congrats to the Jonas Brothers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay the #1 isn’t overrated and meh like last week

      Delete
  28. Chase Sue Me and DGBMH will be the exits and Walk Me Home and In Betweenin' the entrants...I promise. We won't have 3 exits or entrants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute I heard the news:




      Thinkin Bout You by Ciara might as well debut the countdown instead of debuting HitBound. And The Way I Am might leave the countdown as well.

      Delete
    2. SO we might have 3 exits and entrants.

      Delete
    3. Oh wow! Scott! You predicted it perfectly!

      Delete
  29. Sorry guys. Late AT40 post. But it's out:

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2019/03/at40-benny-blanco-2-week-of-march-16.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
    Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
    Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
    Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend
    NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
    Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
    Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (Debut)
    lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
    Ally Brooke - Low Key

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitbound List (part 2):

      Ava Max - So Am I
      Lizzo - Juice (Debut)
      Fletcher - Undrunk
      Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
      Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
      Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You

      Delete
    2. Holy shoot, why is Dumb Blonde still on HitBound, no no no it should debut the countdown very soon.

      Delete
    3. it still on the hit bound cuz it sucks ass ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

      Delete
    4. I need that song to debut next week!!!

      Delete
    5. Inb4 bassafras sassafras says, "I need you to leave this fudging room next week!!!"

      Delete
    6. Scott, thank you for putting Thinkin Bout You on HitBound. I love that song.

      Delete
  31. Here are the exits off the countdown this week:
    Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me
    Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart

    And the entrants are:
    P!NK - WALK ME HOME
    Austin Brown - In Betweenin'


    And the #1 is:










    Nope, still not yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either Sucker or Sweet but Psycho will be #1 this week. Hey Look Ma, I Made It might lose #1 this week.

      Delete
    2. Inb4 Adrian, Beluga, WAMB10, or Scott says "I agree with Chase. Either 3 will be #1."

      Delete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Khalid/Disclosure - Talk
    Lewis Capaldi/Madism - Someone You Loved
    Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
    Alessia Cara - Out of Love
    Lil Nas X - Old Town Road
    Blake Shelton - God's Country
    Sasha Sloan - Older
    Maggie Rogers - Light On
    Anuel AA & Romeo Santos - Ella Quiere Beber
    TXT - CROWN
    P!NK - Hustle
    David Guetta/BeBe Rexha/J Balvin - Say My Name
    H.E.R. - Hard Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I have a question. Where is Sirant?

      Delete
    3. Waffle, that's not nice.

      Nick, I'm not Sirant but I never heard of him before.

      Delete
    4. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Sirant. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Wake The Pop Up most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Miles' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Sirant truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Miles' existencial catchphrase "This is the WORST fucking song The Chainsmokers have put out," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nick Perkins' genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Sirant tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

      Delete
    5. Nick: Oops I'm sorry that Sirant is a song.


      bassafras sassafras: I don't want to hear all of the talking okay. Adrian can you please delete bassafras sassafras's comment for me? Thx

      Delete
  34. You got the exits and entrants right and #1 is Sucker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scott. *cries or happiness*

      Delete
    2. Ummm... has anybody noticed that Scott predicted the debuts before the Hit-Bound list was out?

      Delete
  35. Neigh!!!!! Who wants to ride a horse just changed my profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. First, let me hop out the muh fuckin' Porsche
      I don't want her if that ass don't sit like a horse
      I be ballin' on these neighbors, got me feelin' like sports
      Dash got so much wood I could build me a fort

      Delete
    3. First let me,,,, no please stop cursing, that's not appropriate.

      Delete
  36. Plus,



    #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Billie Eilish - bad guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bruh you put like 600 fucking recommendations for hits 1 over the span of this fuckin week. buddy make up yo mind

      Delete
  37. I should say by next week break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored and bury a friend will debut the countdown, so will Dumb Blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey so I have to switch to this account thing now so just testing it out here.

    ReplyDelete
  39. https://nickscountdownblog.blogspot.com/2019/03/hit-bound-ranked-week-of-32919.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  40. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Billie Eilish - bad guy
    H.E.R. - Hard Place
    Fitz & the Tantrums - 123456
    Galantis/OneRepublic - Bones
    David Guetta/BeBe Rexha/J Balvin - Say My Name
    Sofia Reyes/RITA ORA/Anitta - R.I.P.
    Julia Michaels/Niall Horan - What a Time
    Andy Grammer - Don’t Give Up on Me
    Destiny Rogers - Tomboy
    Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
    Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got the Horses in the Back)
    HOZIER - Almost (Sweet Music)
    Shinedown - GET UP
    Cardi B - Money
    Iggy Azalea - Sally Walker
    Juice WRLD - Hear Me Calling?

    ReplyDelete
  41. http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2019/03/jonas-brothers-1-week-of-march-30-2019.html

    -1: Worst Song on the Countdown
    N/A

    0: Crap
    20. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
    19. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
    18. Ariana Grande - 7 rings
    17. Halsey - Without Me

    1: Bad
    N/A

    2: Mediocre
    N/A

    3: Decent
    N/A

    4: Good
    16. Post Malone and Swae Lee - Sunflower
    15. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me
    14. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

    5: Great
    13. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More
    12. benny blanco featuring Halsey and Khalid - Eastside
    11. Sam Smith x Normani - Dancing With a Stranger
    10. Dan + Shay - Tequila
    9. The Chainsmokers featuring Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
    8. Marshmello featuring Bastille - Happier
    7. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
    6. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
    5. The Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love?
    4. Panic! at the Disco - High Hopes
    3. Panic! at the Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
    2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker

    6: Best Song on the Countdown
    1. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - Shallow

    Overall Top 20 Score: 78% (B+)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Report: Nipsey Hussle, an American rapper just died yesterday. I can't understand why he died yesterday. This is sad news. Anybody remember Nipsey Hussle? I do. He's well-known for "Last Time That I Checc'd". R.I.P. Nipsey Hussle!😭

    ReplyDelete
  43. Inappropriate = Great
    Appropriate = Bad


    APRIL FOOLS!!!!! You guys didn't notice that.😅

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hits 1 just updated the voitng poll this week.
    Available for voting:
    Jordan McGraw - Flexible

    Unavailable for voting:
    Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls like You
    Kelsy Karter - Harry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction: 365 is also unavailable

      Delete
    2. I'm serious. No prank.

      Delete
    3. April foo... Oops thought so I didn't check.

      Delete
  45. So we are going to have 3 exits off the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Early Weekend Countdown Predictions for 4/6/2019:
    Out:
    365
    Harry
    Girls like You

    In:
    Thinkin Bout You
    Low Key
    bury a friend

    #1: Sucker (2nd Week!!!)

    Biggest Drop: Let Me Down Slowly (-31)

    Biggest Jump: In Betweenin' (+31)

    HitBound entrant:
    Flexible

    ReplyDelete
  47. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét - MONOPOLY
    Billie Eilish - bad guy
    Blake Shelton - God's Country
    Shinedown - GET UP
    Nipsey Hussle/Roddy Ricch/Hit-Boy - Racks in the Middle
    Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got the Horses in the Back)
    H.E.R. - Hard Place
    David Guetta/BeBe Rexha/J Balvin - Say My Name
    Khalid/Disclosure - Talk
    P!NK - Hustle
    Kelly Clarkson - Broken & Beautiful
    Cardi B - Money
    Iggy Azalea - Sally Walker
    Lewis Capaldi/Madism - Someone You Loved
    Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
    Lil Baby & Gunna - Drip Too Hard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes:
      Hustle
      Always Remember Us This Way

      No:
      Bad Guy
      God’s Country
      Get Up
      Old Town Road
      Sally Walker
      Drip Too Hard

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  48. MONOPOLY the new single from Ariana Grande is impacting pop radio April 9.

    ReplyDelete