Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Chainsmokers (7) – Week Of March 2, 2019

Hey guys! If you haven't already, be sure to check out my previous post where I ranked all the performance from the Grammys. Now that that's done, I have to seriously get to work on my remaining year-end posts. As of right now, I have two left. So hopefully those will be out soon. In other news, I finally just watched A Star Is Born and I thought it was a great movie. It definitely hit me in the feels and I highly recommend it to those who haven't seen it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999 (#29)
  • Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life (#33)

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
The Countdown
45. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#45)
44. lovelytheband – Broken (#41)
43. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#43)
42. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#30) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. Jennifer Lopez – Limitless (#44)
40. George Ezra – Shotgun (#38)
39. Travis Scott/Drake – Sicko Mode (#42)
38. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#34)
37. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#25) [1 Week At #1]
36. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#39)
35. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#36)
34. Jake Miller – Wait For You (#40)
33. Lauren Daigle – You Say (#28)
32. Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe (#24)
31. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy – I've Been Waiting (DEBUT)
30. Zedd/Katy Perry – 365 (#37)
29. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#26)
28. 5 Seconds of Summer – Youngblood (#12) [5 Weeks At #1]
27. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone (#27)
26. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar (DEBUT)
25. Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me (#22)
24. Seeb/Bastille – Grip (#16)
23. Cardi B/Bruno Mars – Please Me (#31)
22. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More (#35)
21. Khalid – Better (#18)
20. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love (#19)
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#14)
18. Dan + Shay – Speechless (#23)
17. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#20)
16. Dean Lewis – Be Alright (#21)
15. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#7)
14. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#15)
13. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#11)
12. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over (#17)
11. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (#32)
10. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#10)
  9. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (#13)
  8. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#6) [8 Weeks At #1]
  7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#9)
  6. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
  5. Halsey – Without Me (#3) [5 Weeks At #1]
  4. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#8)
  3. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#5)
  2. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2)
  1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#1) [7th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (1) (and so the treacherous run at #1 began...)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood (–16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (+21)

New Entrants
~ The first of our two debuts is a posthumous release from Lil Peep titled I've Been Waiting with iLoveMakonnen and Fall Out Boy. I don't know why we're still releasing stuff under his name and why we can't just let the man rest in peace. But for Lil Peep standards, this song is actually pretty decent. His vocals are easily the worst parts of the song though because I don't like his whiny voice. iLoveMakonnen is a pretty generic singer and I don't really like his vocals on this song aside from the chorus. That's the only part where I think he sounds pretty good. And Patrick Stump sounds pretty good as well. The production is solid and the chorus is catchy. So yeah. This is decent and it could grow on me although I don't really think it will. I don't really want it to be a big hit though. But like I said, it's decent for Lil Peep standards and it's definitely better than Falling Down.

~ The other debut comes from Imagine Dragons with the latest single from the mess that is Origins. I've already talked about the fact that I don't like the album. There were only two good songs on that album and both of them are currently on the countdown. Bad Liar was very unexpected after having heard the singles released prior. But then again, Imagine Dragons does this kind of song on almost every album. Night Visions had Demons and Evolve had Walking The Wire, which are easily two of Imagine Dragons' best songs. Now we have Bad Liar and it's really good. A lot of the tracks from Origins felt very messy and unorganized, but Bad Liar is like the opposite. It was put together very well. The production is solid. Dan Reynolds sounds really good. I feel the lyrics here more than I do in any of the other songs. This is great and I'm glad it got released as a single after Walking The Wire was robbed for not being a single. I hope this does well.


Best Debut of the Week: Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • lovelytheband – Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Post Malone – Wow
  • Maren Morris – GIRL
  • P!nk – Walk Me Home (DEBUT)
  • Madison Beer/Offset – Hurts Like Hell
  • Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Kelsy Karter – Harry
  • Austin Brown – In Betweenin' (DEBUT)
  • Meghan Trainor – All The Ways
  • Ally Brooke/Tyga – Low Key (DEBUT)
  • Grandson – Apologize
  • Jonas Brothers – Sucker (DEBUT)
  • LSD/Lil Wayne – Genius
  • Yungblud/Halsey/Travis Barker – 11 Minutes
  • Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard – Think About You (DEBUT)

~ After her cover of A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman only being popular on AC radio, P!nk released her next single titled Walk Me Home. This was really good at first, but it kind of shrunk on me this past week. I still like the song and the chorus. But it feels kind of generic for P!nk. She is incredibly talented and I know she's capable of so much more. Her older hits and songs like Just Give Me A Reason and What About Us are better than this. This is still a good song though and I have good feelings for her album.

~ Now we have In Betweenin' from someone named Austin Brown. I think he's the slightly better version of Alec Benjamin. The song is pretty catchy, but it doesn't feel very original and I don't really like his voice. His age shows in his voice a little too much and it feels a little childish. I think he has potential to be better when he gets older, but as of right now, this is only okay and I don't see it growing on me.

~ So aside from Normani, none of Fifth Harmony singers have been all that good. My point is further proven as Ally Brooke releases a solo single titled Low Key. This is not very good, although I wasn't expecting it to be good anyway because most of the Fifth Harmony girls are not that good. This is just very bland and the production is very underwhelming. I don't really get the appeal to this kind of music and the song is literally just her talking about how she wants Tyga to have sex with her. I mean there's legitimately nothing good about this because she's not a good singer. This will probably debut on the countdown, although I hope it doesn't.

~ Next we have the big return of the Jonas Brothers. I'm not actually familiar with any of their old music, but I'm pretty sure they were good. The new song is called Sucker and I like it for what it is. It's not the most amazing thing I've ever heard and I kinda expected more at first listen. The song is just slightly underwhelming and I'm not head-over-heels in love with their voices. But I can definitely see this growing on me and I have a feeling this will be a big hit, which I'd be fine with. It's a perfectly enjoyable song that has potential to get better with more listens.

~ So anyone who knows me knows that I pretty much stan Kygo and I've been a fan ever since Firestone and Stole The Show. I think he is an amazing producer and a lot of songs are god tier for me. He had that one huge hit in 2017 that was my #1 song of that year. Since then, he put out Kids In Love, which was a great album, as well as a bunch of singles including Happy Now with Sandro Cavazza, which has been one of my favorite songs for the past several months. And now, Hits 1 has finally picked up another single from him. This week, we get Think About You, which was released a couple weeks ago. I naturally have high expectations for Kygo because a lot of his songs are amazing. This new song does not exceed those expectations as much as some of his best songs like the first two I mentioned, Stargazing, and Stranger Things. But it is still a great song and it's gotten better with more listens. I like the production and the drop is really good. I don't love Valerie Broussard's voice in the verses, but she sounds pretty good in the chorus. Overall, it is a great song, but Kygo has definitely done a lot better. I do really hope this debuts because I'm kinda tired of Kygo being as underrated as he is.

~ So out of curiosity, I decided to look into Harry by Kelsy Karter and why this song exists. It's supposedly about Harry Styles, which makes the song even weirder and creepier reading through the lyrics. I honestly don't know if this is a joke song, but this girl does not have a good voice whatsoever. She makes Julia Michaels of all people seem like a great singer.

~ We lost two songs this week. Rita Ora – Let You Love Me definitely deserved a lot better and it's sad to see it go so soon. I really like that song. We also lost Lost In The Fire by Gesaffelstein and The Weeknd. I do really like this song musically because the production is solid. The homophobic lyrics are very unnecessary and they kind of bring the song down for me. But other than that, it was very enjoyable and it's sad to see it decline everywhere.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Kygo/Valerie Broussard – Think About You
2. Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime
3. P!nk – Walk Me Home
4. LSD/Lil Wayne – Genius
5. Jonas Brothers – Sucker


I've Been Blurbing
~ Our Top 2 is static this week. But Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho moves up to #3. I really don't want this song to hit #1 because it's not that great or memorable aside from the chorus. Then at #4, we have Let Me Down Slowly, which deserves to go to #1 even less because it's not good. And then we have Without Me, which is garbage.

~ Speaking of garbage, Ariana Grande – 7 Rings has moved into the Top 10. I really hope this doesn't become Ariana's first #1 or something because it's legitimately her worst song and it's very undeserving of being a hit. Fortunately a great song has a good chance at dethroning it on the next Billboard Hot 100. That Oscar's performance really did it for the song.

~ After not moving last week, Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger moved up very quickly to #11. I really like the song as you know. I'd be down for this being a hit and I'm glad it's already doing well. It definitely has potential to stick around.

~ I'm honestly ready for Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower to start dropping. It's still better than songs like Psycho, but Sunflower just feels basic and it doesn't have much going for it aside from the vocals. It was never meant to hold up. Nothing about this song is that great and it's time for it to leave soon.

~ Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More made a pretty good second week jump. I really hope this becomes a hit because it's a really great song that doesn't deserve to be as underrated as it is.

~ We got a few drops this week from Youngblood, Natural, and The Last Of The Real Ones. All of them have been on here for a very long time, so I think it's about time they started falling. They're still good songs, but they're not songs I really want to hear on the radio anymore.

~ As far as the exits go, Ruin My Life should've been much better than it was knowing how talented Zara Larsson is from songs like Never Forget You, Girls Like, and Symphony. 1999 was pretty underrated although I don't think the song is that great. It's still a million times better than the annoying 2002, which is still here for some ungodly reason. But I don't feel too strongly about either of these exits.


Top 20 Review
– Crap:
20. TIE: Ariana Grande – 7 Rings
20. TIE: Halsey – Without Me

1 – Bad:
18. Anne-Marie – 2002
17. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
16. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly
15. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine

2 – Mediocre:
NONE

3 – Decent:
14. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me
13. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower

4 – Good:
12. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho

5 – Great:
11. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
10. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
9. Dan + Shay – Speechless
8. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love
7. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
6. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
5. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
4. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
3. Dan + Shay – Tequila
2. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
1. Dean Lewis – Be Alright

Overall Score: 69/100 = 69% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Robyn – Show Me Love

Most Missed Countdown Song: Lady Gaga – I'll Never Love Again (that movie hit me hard)

Most Missed Hit-Bound Dropout: Demi Lovato – Stone Cold

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Tie Between Ellie Goulding – Flux and Cody Simpson & The Tide – We Had

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#3) and Walk The Moon – One Foot (#12)


My Top 5 Picks
1. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More
2. Dean Lewis – Be Alright
3. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
4. Dan + Shay – Tequila
5. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart

176 comments:

  1. Hey, at least your Most Missed Song is I’ll Never Love Again and not Shallow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love Shallow a lot and it is a very close second for my most missed song.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I agree with you Adrian. I love Shallow still.

      Delete
    3. Please get Shallow back on the voting poll?

      Delete
    4. his most missed song should be say amen saturday night

      Delete
    5. bitch you wanna die do you? if not, shut the actual hell up

      Delete
    6. that was mrs. panic at the disco and mr. weezer that's not nice to tell her what to do.

      Delete
  2. My countdown post is out! Check it out:

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-chainsmokers-7-week-of-march-2-2019.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (as a re-entry)
    Ellie Goulding - Flux
    Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You
    P!NK - A Million Dreams
    Pinkfong - Baby Shark
    YNW Melly - Mischief on My Mind
    Blueface/Cardi B/YG - Thotiana
    J.COLE - MIDDLE CHILD
    Cardi B - Money
    Summer Walker & Drake - Girls Need Love
    benny blanco/Selena Gomez/Tainy/J Balvin - I Can't Get Enough
    New Kids on the Block - Boys in the Band (Boy Band Anthem)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Baby Shark is children’s garbage that belongs nowhere near the countdown. Grow the fuck up and stop trolling.

      Delete
    2. No it's Mischief on My Mind in the clean version.

      Delete
    3. Who the fuck cares about the clean version

      Delete
    4. up your ass just like where all of panic at the disco's shitty music should be.

      Delete
    5. WRONG AGAIN:

      No swearing > Swearing

      Delete
    6. And mr. weezer you don't say those things that's inappropriate. Adrian can you please delete his 2 comments for me? Thanks. And Nick, don't say anything.

      Delete
    7. No mrs. panic at the disco it's not nice to tell Waffle what to say. Adrian can you please delete her comment for me? thanks!!!

      Delete
    8. There is NO deleting mr weezer. I am more powerful than THANOS with all the infinity stones

      Delete
    9. Adrian again can you please delete his comment for me? thanks!!!

      Delete
    10. idk if that's how it works you baboon ass.

      Delete
    11. Adrian, can you also delete that comment for me, please. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  4. Speaking of Shallow, it will reach #1 on this week's Billboard Hot 100 dethroning Ariana Grande's "7 rings." Anybody heard the news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stop fucking lying to my face. high as a kite is the greatest fucking song of all time. if it doesn't go to #1, the hot 100 is rigged against good music

      Delete
    2. mr. weezer, you are so incorrect. And you don't swear. That's not nice. Adrian can you please delete mr weezer's two comments for me? Thanks!!!

      Delete
    3. And mr. weezer, Shallow by Lady Gaga will be #1 on Billboard Hot 100 this week.

      Delete
    4. And mr. weezer it is High Hopes not High as a Kite.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Report: Ariana Grande's "7 rings" should reach #1 on the weekend countdown next week.

      Delete
    2. you posted that earlier you daft cow

      Delete
    3. also that applies to both of you knob heads

      Delete
    4. hey look ma i made it should be #1 instead of that white trash

      Delete
    5. Let's try this again:

      Report: Panic! at the Disco's "Hey Look Ma, I Made It" will dethrone The Chainsmokers' "This Feeling" for #1 on the weekend countdown.

      Delete
  6. Rip Ruin My Life. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey look ma i made it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ruin my life

      Delete
    2. bitch both of those songs are literal ASS.

      Delete
    3. as we all know, there is no comparing shit.

      Delete
    4. Both mrs. panic at the disco and mr. weezer need to calm down right now. I hate when they say these words.

      Delete
    5. Graham, welcome back. Long time no see.

      Delete
    6. Disagreed with Graham and WAMB10. This song is crap!!!!

      Delete
    7. Ruin Life is indeed crap. Zara Larsson should know better!

      Delete
    8. Ruin My Life was very heaven because it was a trap song.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. what the actual FUCK did you just post? I'm sorry but panic at the disco is the worst band of all time. I'm writing an essay on why after I finish my black album review and my essay about why sex is banned

      Delete
    2. Panic! at the Disco are the best American pop rock band

      Delete
    3. They're the best one with a frontman who lacks a penis. Otherwise, they're the worst

      Delete
    4. Quick reminder Brendon Urie's penis fell off because of a std

      Delete
    5. "Quick reminder Brendon Urie's p........... please stop lying. That's kinda rude.

      Delete
    6. Inb4 Nick says "Quick Reminder Brendon Urie's p....... please leave this comment section. That's kinda rude.

      Delete
  8. I just checked these comments for the first time today and.....wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished my essay on why sex is banned. Check it out. Black Album review cumming soon.

    https://mrweezerschartexam.blogspot.com/2019/03/why-sex-is-not-allowed-essay.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hits 1 Just Updated the Voting Poll this week:
    Available for Voting:
    Billie Eilish - bury a friend
    Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
    Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah

    Unavailable for voting:
    Fall Out Boy - The Last of the Real Ones
    Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks like a Heart
    David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND SPEAKING OF BILLIE EILISH, SHE JUST RELEASED A NEW SONG TODAY COMING AT 5PM CALLED "WISH YOU WERE GAY."

      Delete
  11. And Shallow is #1 on Billboard Hot 100 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Early Weekend Countdown Predictions for 3/9/2019:
    Out:
    Don't Leave Me Alone
    Nothing Breaks like a Heart
    The Last of the Real Ones

    In:
    Sucker
    ALL THE WAYS
    GIRL

    #1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It (1st Week!!!)

    Biggest Drop: Sunflower (-20)

    Biggest Jump: I've Been Waiting (+22)

    HitBound entrants:
    Last Hurrah
    bury a friend
    Dumb Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  13. Early Comments Section Predictions for 3/9/2019:
    Exits:
    Chase
    Trance
    WAMB10

    Debuts:
    Mr. Weezer
    Grandpa
    Billboard Boi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's try this again, Early Weekend Countdown Predictions for 3/9/2019:
    Out:
    Don't Leave Me Alone
    Nothing Breaks like a Heart
    The Last of the Real Ones

    In:
    Sucker
    ALL THE WAYS
    GIRL

    #1: Hey Look Ma, I Made It (1st Week!!!)

    Biggest Drop: Sunflower (-20)

    Biggest Jump: I've Been Waiting (+22)

    HitBound entrants:
    Last Hurrah
    bury a friend
    Dumb Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  15. Better, and Waffle you don't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. #teamwaffle
    #teamgrahambadenhausen
    #teammrweezer
    #teammrspanicatthedisco
    #teamadriancarrazco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #teambitch
      #teamshit
      #teamfuck
      #teampussy

      Delete
    2. Wow, someone sworn, Adrian can you please delete Waffle's his comments for me? Thanks.

      Delete
    3. hey, you motherfucking son of a bitch who looks like a fucking asshole and fell in love with a fucking cunt that shit all day and night, why dont you just lick my balls and EAT MY ASSHOLE EAT MY ASSHOLE until you are so godfucking pissed of that fucking garbage you're saying just goes hiding in you're mouth that is so motherfucking monkeyassed, pooeating, shitheaded, bigheaded and stinky garbage that is the son of a BITCH and i dont know what the FUCK is going on, i dont fucking care if you call me a motherfucker, BECAUSE YOURE THE FATTEST AND STINKIEST MOTHERFUCKIN' BITCH IN THE UNIVERSE, OH MY GOD, YOU WANT ME TO SAY I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT THAT GARBAGE because youre a bitch.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Our Top 2 is static this week. But Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho moves up to #3. I really don't want this song to hit #1 because it's not that great or memorable aside from the chorus. Then at #4, we have Let Me Down Slowly, which deserves to go to #1 even less because it's not good. And then we have Without Me, which is garbage."

    I actually like Sweet but Psycho, but I agree on Without Me and Let Me Down Slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Next we have the big return of the Jonas Brothers. I'm not actually familiar with any of their old music, but I'm pretty sure they were good. The new song is called Sucker and I like it for what it is. It's not the most amazing thing I've ever heard and I kinda expected more at first listen. The song is just slightly underwhelming and I'm not head-over-heels in love with their voices. But I can definitely see this growing on me and I have a feeling this will be a big hit, which I'd be fine with. It's a perfectly enjoyable song that has potential to get better with more listens."

    Well of course it is and I like it a lot, trust me I disagree with you, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "We lost two songs this week. Rita Ora – Let You Love Me definitely deserved a lot better and it's sad to see it go so soon. I really like that song. We also lost Lost In The Fire by Gesaffelstein and The Weeknd. I do really like this song musically because the production is solid. The homophobic lyrics are very unnecessary and they kind of bring the song down for me. But other than that, it was very enjoyable and it's sad to see it decline everywhere."

    These 2 songs in my opinion they're crap!!!! I hate both LYLM and LITF, good riddance to the 2 songs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "The other debut comes from Imagine Dragons with the latest single from the mess that is Origins. I've already talked about the fact that I don't like the album. There were only two good songs on that album and both of them are currently on the countdown. Bad Liar was very unexpected after having heard the singles released prior. But then again, Imagine Dragons does this kind of song on almost every album. Night Visions had Demons and Evolve had Walking The Wire, which are easily two of Imagine Dragons' best songs. Now we have Bad Liar and it's really good. A lot of the tracks from Origins felt very messy and unorganized, but Bad Liar is like the opposite. It was put together very well. The production is solid. Dan Reynolds sounds really good. I feel the lyrics here more than I do in any of the other songs. This is great and I'm glad it got released as a single after Walking The Wire was robbed for not being a single. I hope this does well."

    Agreed, I like Bad Liar a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More made a pretty good second week jump. I really hope this becomes a hit because it's a really great song that doesn't deserve to be as underrated as it is."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Did 1999 and Ruin My Life actually leave, thank you. Because I hate the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i'm back from my job at the sewers and what the literal fuck happened. also it's sad how mr weezer somehow isn't the stupidest person here. he's a fucking weezer fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the heck did you just flipping say about me, you big meanie? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Tiny Tots Program, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the girl's bathroom, and I have over 300 confirmed noogies. I am trained in Nerf warfare and I have the most gold stars in the entire kindergarten class. You are nothing to me but just another butthead. I will beat you the heck up with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my dang words. You think you can get away with saying that baloney to me on the glowy type-box? Think again, doodiehead. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of teachers across the USA and your parents are being called to pick you up right now so you better prepare for the spanking, junior. The spanking that wipes out the dumb little thing you call your playtime. You're in big darn trouble, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can wedgie you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed fartfights, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States PTA and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your dorky bottom off the face of the playground, you little poopypants. If only you could have known what serious punishments your little "smartypants" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your goshdarned tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you silly doofus. I will spray boogers all over you and you will cry about it. You're frickin grounded, buttmunch.

      Delete
    2. great knowing your life is more sad than i thought you fucking ankle biter

      Delete
    3. Bassafras Sassafras, please stop bullying innocent children.

      Delete
    4. shut the fuck up you oxygen thief.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. bassafras sassafras, please calm down!!!!!

      Delete
    7. I got sad news anybody remembered Soul Asylum? I heard some singers passed away.

      Delete
  26. Billboard Hot 100:
    1. Shallow
    2. 7 rings
    3. Without Me
    4. Sunflower
    5. MIDDLE CHILD
    6. Happier
    7. thank u, next
    8. Wow.
    9. Thotiana
    10. SICKO MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are we letting grating non-rap music go to #1? We need more trap rap music at #1. This is so egregious.

      And Sicko Mode would you please not ever leave the top 10? That would be very heaven if you could do that.

      Delete
    2. SICKO MODE is crap imo. I hate it and it needs to leave the Top 10.

      Delete
    3. The point that Shallow replaces 7R on the Billboard is extremely annoying.

      Delete
    4. Shallow is a much better song than 7 Rings in every single way. Shallow has a lot of meaning, especially in the context of the movie, whereas 7 Rings has no substance to it whatsoever. Shallow is also musically and vocally far superior.

      Delete
    5. Sicko Mode > The rest of the top 10

      Delete
    6. Sicko Mode > every other song on the countdown and on Hit Bound

      Delete
  27. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpxuxUY-PZI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what does this have to do with hits 1 you chicken fucker

      Delete
    2. Your life has nothing to do with Hits 1, either.

      Delete
    3. What the alas didst thee just fucking sayeth about me, thee dram wench? i'll has't thee knoweth i graduat'd top of mine own class in the navy seals, and i've been involv'd in num'rous secret raids on al-quaeda, and i has't ov'r 300 confirm'd kills. I am did train in g'rilla warfare and i'm the top snip'r in the entire us cap-a-pe f'rces. Thou art nothing to me but just anoth'r targeteth. I shall wipeth thee the alas out with precision the likes of which hast nev'r been seen bef're on this earth, marketh mine own fucking w'rds. Thee bethink thee can receiveth hence with declaring yond the horror to me ov'r the int'rnet? bethink again, alas'r. As we speaketh i am contacting mine own secret netw'rk of spies across the usa and thy ip is being trac'd even but now so thee bett'r prepareth f'r the st'rm, maggot. The st'rm yond wipes out the pathetic dram thing thee calleth thy life. Thou art fucking dead, peat. I can beest anywh're, anytime, and i can killeth thee in ov'r seven hundr'd ways, and yond's just with mine own bareth hands. Not only am i extensively did train in unarm'd combat, but i has't access to the entire arsenal of the unit'd states marine c'rps and i shall useth t to its full extent to wipeth thy mis'rable rampallian off the visage of the continent, thee dram the horror. If 't be true only thee couldst has't known what unholy retribution thy dram "clev'r" comment wast about to bringeth down upon thee, haply thee wouldst has't did hold thy fucking tongue. But thee couldn't, thee didn't, and anon thou art paying the price, thee goddamn clotpole. I shall the horror fury all ov'r thee and thee shall drowneth in t. Thou art fucking dead, kiddo

      Delete
  28. My WC Top 5 Picks:
    1. Happier
    2. Sicko Mode
    3. Youngblood
    4. Love Lies
    5. Girls Like You

    ReplyDelete
  29. OK, so maybe I'll join the Discord server. One day.
    But we do have to clean up the issue of (and yes I'm this retarded) unknowingly hating me for one little comment about Waffle.

    It's incredibly unnecessary. I was just getting back into the swing of things and didn't know who to hate and for what reason. More prolonged exposure has in fact enlightened me to the fact Chase annoyingly spams everything, and it is in fact unnecessary to do that as well, but all I'm asking for is just an actual second chance.

    But I know it won't happen. All this environment is is a polarizing and narrow-minded climate with absolutely no room for error or else you'll get fucked. Hard.

    You already know that I want things to go back to what they used to be, but the truth is you do too. With no Chase and no constant warring over every little thing, it would truly be a better place.

    But again, it won't happen. With Discord as your little safe haven, you're too afraid to come out into the real world and face these problems head-on. Not saying that Discord isn't bad, just saying you should jump out of your comfort zone like any human being.

    In conclusion, I'll stay here, be as peaceful and not annoying as I possibly can, and 365 and Sunflower better leave or else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Discord is just easier and more convenient for people to use

      2) Sunflower is amazing

      Delete
  30. NEW MUSIC ALERT:

    Louis Tomlinson - Two of Us


    I actually love that song and it is catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (as a re-entry)
    Billie Eilish - when the party's over
    Billie Eilish & Khalid - lovely
    Andra Day - Rise Up
    Demi Lovato - Sober
    Luke Bryan - Do I
    Dylan Scott - Nobody
    Pinkfong - Baby Shark
    H.E.R. - Hard Place
    Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to Shallow and Lovely, but no to When The Party’s Over and Baby Shark. Also, Rise Up is a few years old so it’s not gonna get picked up.

      Delete
    2. I love when the partt’s over. I want it to be on Hits 1.

      Delete
    3. Rise Up reminds me of Angelica Hale, AGT’s Season 12’s runner up. She sang that in the audition round.

      Delete
    4. Also, the only song that’s well deserved for Hits 1 is Sober.

      Delete
  32. Hi everybody I have a question to ask you. So like anybody said do you think it is a good time to get together and talk about music and stuff. Well I have to say that I know a lot about you guys. I have to say I love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time is a good time to talk about music! Have you heard Bad Religion’s new stuff yet? It’s really good and you need to be recommending that!

      Delete
    2. I thought Jonas Brothers we're becoming more popular in the US.

      Delete
    3. ...I didn't say anything about them but didn't they break up like 10 years ago?

      Delete
  33. Guys Bea Miller’s new single “it’s not u it’s me” is amazing and 6lack has a fire verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aphily9, welcome to the weekend countdown blog. I am Chasetronaut in the House.

      Delete
  34. Report: Jonas Brothers' "Sucker" will debut atop the Billboard Hot 100 according to Headline Planet.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Artist(s) on the spotlight:
    Jonas Brothers
    Oliver Tree
    Billie Eilish
    Backstreet Boys
    CHVRCHES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who the fuck is Oliver Tree

      Delete
    2. LIFE GOES ONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDONONANDON

      Delete
  36. Hitbound List (part 1):

    LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius
    P!nk - Walk Me Home
    Austin Brown - In Betweenin’
    Kelsy Karter - Harry
    Ally Brooke - Low Key
    Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
    Maren Morris - Girl
    Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
    Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (Debut)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitbound List (part 2):

      Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (Debut)
      Yungblud/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
      Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
      Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (Debut)
      Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell
      lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
      Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us (Debut)

      Delete
  37. Here are this week's weekend countdown exits:
    David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
    Fall Out Boy - The Last of the Real Ones
    Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks like a Heart

    And the entrants are:
    TBA

    ReplyDelete
  38. And the entrants are:
    Lauv/Troye Sivan - i'm so tired...
    Jonas Brothers - Sucker
    Post Malone - Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  39. And the #1 song is:










    Hey Look Ma, I Made It by Panic! at the Disco.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think Sucker should debut the countdown next week.

    ReplyDelete
  41. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: New Kids on the Block - Boys in the Band (Boy Band Anthem)

    ReplyDelete