Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Imagine Dragons (1) – Week Of June 7, 2014

Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World is now finally On Top Of The Countdown (eh!). Thank god! I almost got sick of it. We had some big changes as I wanted. There were good, there were bad. So let’s get started. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.

  • Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#34)
  • Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (#43)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Bastille – Pompeii
The Countdown
45. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On (#45)
44. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#42)
43. Tiësto – Red Lights (#40)
42. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#39)
41. Sia – Chandelier (DEBUT)
40. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#36)
39. AJR – I’m Ready (#38)
38. Haim – The Wire (#35)
37. MKTO – Classic (#28)
36. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#41)
35. Hot Chelle Rae – Don’t Say Goodnight (#15)
34. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#37)
33. Ariana Grande – Problem (#30)
32. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#25)
31. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (DEBUT)
30. One Direction – You and I (#22)
29. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts (#21)
28. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#24) 
27. Halsey – Ghost (#27)
26. Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love (#23)
25. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#32)
24. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (#29)
23. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#26)
22. Magic! – Rude (#31)
21. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#33)
20. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#18)
19. Katy Perry – Birthday (#13)
18. Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong (#17)
17. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#9)
16. Paramore – Ain't It Fun (#16)
15. Calvin Harris – Summer (#10)
14. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#11)
13. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#6)
12. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#14)
11. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#12)
10. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#2)
  9. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#44)
  8. Bastille – Pompeii (#1)
  7. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#7)
  6. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#18)
  5. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#4)
  4. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#5)
  3. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#20)
  2. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#2)
  1. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#3) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Hot Chelle Rae – Don’t Say Goodnight (–20)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Katy Perry – Dark Horse (+35)

New Entrants
~ Sia is back! You may remember her as the great vocalist in Flo Rida – Wild Ones and David Guetta – Titanium. Her song Chandelier is interesting and I would love it to not be one of the many songs this year that had a short tenure. It’s ridiculous. I know at least 7 songs so far with a short tenure.

~ Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes is an annoying song that doesn’t deserve to be in the Top 45. We’ll see how far it gets.

Blurbelier
~ On Friday night, I had terrible dream that Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing was #2 on the Weekend Countdown. It kinda came true. I’m not okay with having it in the Top 3. It’s ooolllllddddd!!! I heard it every morning this past week!

~ Hot Chelle Rae – Don’t Say Goodnight took an annoying drop to the thirties. It is also the American Top 40’s tenth song with a short tenure. This song deserved more...

~ The biggest jump of the week is just as annoying. Katy Perry – Dark Horse was in the Bottom 5 last week. It doesn’t deserve to be back in the Top 10.

~ All of last week’s entrants moved down three spots this week. I’m pointing this out because it’s rare. And that’s part of my job here. Pointing out rare points.

~ OneRepublic – Love Runs Out took a random jump into the Top 10.

~ Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber took a pretty quick exit for a 9-week #1 song. It only spent 1 week out of the Top 10.

~ Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend is one step closer to it’s eventual #1 spot. That song definitely has what it takes to take over the countdown. Everyone needs to start voting for that song continuously. We must get that song to #1!

~ In #2 news, John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me is looking to see if it can hit #1. I highly doubt it. But we’ll see.

~ Every time Iggy Azalea – Fancy comes on the radio, I turn it up a lot. My mom thinks the song is annoying. So when I start rapping to it, she just says how annoying the song is. My dad loves the song as much as I do. We enjoy jamming out to it.

~ Imagine Dragons – Radioactive just become an annoying part of this countdown. I hate having to hear that beginning.

~ Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty is already out of the Top 10. 

~ Somehow, Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On is still here. But I'm not complaining.

~ Cher Lloyd – Sirens needs to go. It's been here longer than it should've.

~ I apologize for being delayed. My internet wasn't working on Sunday or Monday.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong
2. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
3. Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love
4. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy
5. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On

39 comments:

  1. Top 5 Picks:
    1) Sleeping With A Friend- Neon Trees
    2) Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX
    3) Wiggle- Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg
    4) Problem- Ariana Grande
    5) Love Runs Out- One Republic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg-Wiggle would not be in my top 5 picks

      Delete
  2. Coles Cool Countdown
    1. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy (2nd week @ #1)
    2. MAGIC! - Rude
    3. Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea - Problem (3 weeks @ #1)
    4. Glenn Morrison - Goodbye
    5. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg - Wiggle
    6. KONGOS - Come With Me Now
    7. John Legend - All Of Me
    8. Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong?
    9. OneRepublic - Love Runs Out
    10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
    11. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch
    12. Ed Sheeran - Sing
    13. Lady Gaga - G.U.Y.
    14. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne - Rather Be
    15. HAIM - The Wire
    The Awesome Ones

    16. Little Mix - Move (2 weeks @ #1)
    17. Sam Smith - Stay With Me
    18. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better
    19. Katy Perry - Birthday
    20. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J - Calling All Hearts
    21. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart
    22. Tiësto - Red Lights
    23. Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World
    24. Hot Chelle Rae - Don't Say Goodnight
    25. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd - Really Don't Care (DEBUT)
    26. Shakira - Empire
    27. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie - Keep On a Keeping On
    28. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith - La La La
    29. Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys (DEBUT)
    30. Midnight Red - Hell Yeah
    31. Martin Garrix - Animals
    32. R5 - I Can't Forget About You
    33. Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes
    34. Tiësto/Matthew Koma - Wasted (DEBUT)
    35. DJ Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What
    36. Chainsmokers - #Selfie
    37. Karmin - I Want It All
    38. Pitbull/G.R.L. - Wild Wild Love
    39. Calvin Harris/Ayah Marar - Thinking About You
    40. Paramore - Ain't It Fun


    Future Hits
    4Count - Epic
    Cher Lloyd - Sirens
    Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars
    Echosmith - Cool Kids
    Halsey - Ghost
    Imagine Dragons - Tiptoe
    Michael Jackson - Love Never Felt So Good
    Pharrell - Marilyn Monroe
    Sia - Chandelier
    Summer Set - Lightning In A Bottle
    The 1975 - Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what I don't understand: La La La left, Timber left, but RADIOACTIVE is still here! OMG just LEAVE ALREADY!!!!!!!!
    Demons is getting old too, I want to BANISH Demons!
    OTOTW should stay though
    -remy (u doing a hit bound post soon? like next weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do not like Imagine Dragons?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith-La La La was an ok song. Pitbull/Kesha-Timber needed to go. It spent a lot of weeks at number 1. Did it break the record of Robin Thicke/Pharrell Williams-Blurred Lines? Will it be the number 1 song of 2014? Robin Thicke/Pharrell Williams- Blurred lines was the number 1 song of 2013. Any word of Onerepulbic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines was never #1 on this countdown. Timber tied the record for weeks at #1 with Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe.

      Delete
    2. Really? Robin Thicke/Pharrell Williams-Blurred Lines I thought was the number 1 song of 203. I'd have to say Carly Rae Jepsen-Call Me Maybe was number 1 for a couple of weeks. Pitbull/Kesha-Timber was number 1 for more weeks than Carly Rae Jepsen-Call Me Maybe

      Delete
    3. I think you’re thinking of the wrong countdown.

      Delete
    4. Hey, I have some bad news. AJR- I'm Ready debuted the Billboard Hot 100 this week, it's @ #99, though
      -AJRemy

      Delete
    5. IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!
      At least Young Volcanoes didn't debut, that woulda been a #catastrophe
      Ya know?
      -Remy

      Delete
  6. Fall Out Boy-Young Volcanoes did debut on the weekend countdown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but I mean on the Billboard Hot 100
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Adrian, I promise I will get AJR-I'm Ready off any countdown. Even the vh1 top 20 countdown and the billboard hot 100. It is not on your picks right? Do not worry! Is on the Ryan Seacrest American Top 40 countdown?

      Delete
    3. That song is getting everywhere. This just gets me super annoyed.

      Delete
  7. Here's my prediction for the countdown next week based solely on air play the last 2 days.
    45) Red Lights- Tiesto
    44) The Wire- Haim
    43) Don't Say Goodnight- Hot Chelle Rae
    42) Calling All Hearts- DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J
    41) Alone Together- Fall Out Boy
    40) Happy- Pharrell Williams
    39) Counting Stars- One Republic
    38) Talk Dirty- Jason Derulo
    37) Dark Horse- Katy Perry
    36) Undressed- Kim Cesarion (DEBUT)
    35) Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    34) Demons- Imagine Dragons
    33) Ghost- Halsey
    32) Classic- MKTO
    31) Summer- Calvin Harris
    30) First Love- Jennifer Lopez (DEBUT)
    29) Latch- Disclosure/Sam Smith
    28) Come With Me Now- Kongos
    27) Wild Wild Love- Pitbull/G.R.L.
    26) Wiggle- Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg
    25) I Wanna Get Better- Bleachers
    24) Goodbye- Glenn Morrison/Islove
    23) Sirens- Cher Lloyd
    22) Dance With Me Tonight- Olly Murs
    21) Young Volcanoes- Fall Out Boy
    20) Chandelier- Sia
    19) I'm Ready- AJR
    18) Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX
    17) Birthday- Katy Perry
    16) Not A Bad Thing- Justin Timberlake
    15) Be Okay- Oh Honey
    14) You & I- One Direction
    13) Am I Wrong- Nico & Vinz
    12) Sleeping With A Friend- Neon Trees
    11) Problem- Ariana Grande
    10) Rude- Magic!
    9) Best Day of My Life- American Authors
    8) All of Me- John Legend/Tiesto
    7) Me & My Broken Heart- Rixton
    6) Pompeii- Bastille
    5) Ain't It Fun- Paramore
    4) Sing- Ed Sheeran
    3) On Top of The World- Imagine Dragons
    2) Love Runs Out- One Republic
    1) She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer

    Like I said this is based solely off airplay. I predict that Keep On Keeping On- Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie & Neon Lights- Demi Lovato will fall off. This has absolutely no bias either. I also know that Radioactive & Demons cannot be next to each other, but they were when I made the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you do another estimating countdown again based on solo airplay please? I really enjoyed it

      Delete
  8. I know they have to be at least 10 spots away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't like Rude?
    How Rude of you to think that!
    I think Rude is awesome!
    -Rem

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magic-Rude is ok

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rude by Magic! is one of my favorite songs right now!
    My Top 10 Favorite Songs out right now are: (no order)
    1) Stay With Me- Sam Smith
    2) Love Runs Out- One Republic
    3) Rude- Magic!
    4) Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX
    5) Sleeping With A Friend- Neon Trees
    6) Problem- Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea
    7) Wiggle- Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg
    8) Tennis Court- Lorde
    9) Wasted- Tiesto/Matthew Koma
    10) She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey guys it's Jro and just wanna say please vote for no. 1 on my countdown:
    http://goo.gl/iopNDR

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love Sam Smith-Stay With Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Next week, I think I'm Ready will leave the countdown
    And so will Dance With Me Tonight, both really old and annoying songs.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah those are old songs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adrian,
    When is your next post coming out?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow at the latest. Now that I'm on summer break, I have all day tomorrow to get my post in.

      Delete
  17. I do not think Adrian has wifi. He may be posting late again. He might be sick of Imagine Dragons-On Top Of The World because he said something about it saying it caught number 1 just in time before Adrian got sick of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have Wi-Fi. It is working fine. I will try to get the post in by tomorrow. Also, Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World is still pretty good. I'm just glad it hit #1 before I got sick of it because when Demons hit #1 in December of 2013, I was already sick of it.

      Delete
  18. Really? Me and my mom really like Demons. We were just wondering why it keeps jumping around. My dad is already tired of Imagine Dragons-Demons. He is just wondering why that song is in the 20s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s in the 20’s because Radioactive is in the 30’s. Songs by the same artist can’t be near each other on this countdown. I got over it quickly ‘cause once Radioactive started to get old, I started listening to Demons. Then it became popular.

      Delete
  19. I'm SICK of Demons, why can't it leave the countdown already?
    I think that song is following after the immortal Radioactive
    Comment if you agree!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah and Jason Rearick doesn't have wifi, that's why his post is late. Just putting it out there.

      Delete
    2. Imagine Dragons-Radioactive has to be lower because it is older.

      Delete
  20. Jason Rearicks post is late because of wifi and does Ookarus X has wifi? His post is not coming out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about Ookarus X, I think he is gonna run late a lot
      -Remy

      Delete