Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bastille (5) – Week Of May 31, 2014

Annoyingly, Bastille – Pompeii hit #1 again! Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#36) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Ellie Goulding – Burn (#38)
  • Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. (#41)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty
The Countdown
45. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On (#40)
44. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#20)
43. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (#22)
42. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#45)
41. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#39)
40. Tiësto – Red Lights (DEBUT)
39. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#43)
38. AJR – I’m Ready (#29)
37. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#35)
36. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#44)
35. Haim – The Wire (#28)
34. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#6)
33. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#23)
32. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#18)
31. Magic! – Rude (#30)
30. Ariana Grande – Problem (DEBUT)
29. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (#34)
28. MKTO – Classic (#41)
27. Halsey – Ghost (#26)
26. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#25)
25. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#32)
24. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#33)
23. Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love (DEBUT)
22. One Direction – You and I (#16)
21. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts (#27)
20. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#12)
19. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#19)
18. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#21)
17. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#17)
16. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#31)
15. Hot Chelle Rae – Don’t Say Goodnight (#14)
14. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#15)
13. Katy Perry – Birthday (#9) 
12. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#10)
11. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#13)
10. Calvin Harris – Summer (#24)
  9. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#37)
  8. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#4)
  7. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#5)
  6. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#1)
  5. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#8)
  4. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#7)
  3. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#3)
  2. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#11)
  1. Bastille – Pompeii (#2) [5th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (–28)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (+28) (Again...)

New Entrants
~ With the highest debut of the week at #23, we have Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love. This song was questionable to begin with (‘cause it’s Pitbull). But it’s actually pretty decent. At least G.R.L.’s part is. I’m still questioning Pitbull’s part and whether it should be thrown under the “decent” pile or the “annoying” pile. The thing is, Pitbull used up all his good talent in songs like I Know You Want Me, Give Me Everything, International Love, and Feel This Moment. Now he absolutely has no talent. NOTE: This song may become the new Timber in terms of my opinion.

~ Tiësto – Red Lights is a little late to the party. But hey, at least it’s here. Before it debuted on Hit-Bound, I thought it would never debut the countdown because we all know how Hits 1 doesn’t play all the current hit music (Mmm Yeah). Tiësto is a pretty successful DJ. I expect Red Lights to have some kind of success.

~ Finally, we have Ms. Ariana Grande and her song Problem. This song is hanging at #1 on the iTunes Charts right now. So I expect some success out of it. Besides “It’s good”, I have nothing else to say about it.

We Could Just Run Them Red Blurbs
~ Even I have to agree that Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight at #9 is a little ridiculous. This may effect my opinion on it in the near future.

~ Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart is now at #2!!! I hope this can take over #1 soon. By soon, I mean now.

~ Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. took a quick and unappreciated exit.

~ Calvin Harris – Summer entered the Top 10 for the first time this week.

~ Katy Perry – Dark Horse took a quick drop to the bottom of the countdown.

~ Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La is looking at an early exit.

~ Taking a quick drop on it's third week, we have Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better.

~ I'm absolutely over Pharrell's voice! And Come Get It Bae is on Hit-Bound! We may see this terrible song on the countdown soon.

~ OMG!!! Who is voting for AJR – I'm Ready??? I got some bad news. That song debuted on the American Top 40 this week...

~ The Hit-Bound guest DJ, Halsey, said she loved Sam Smith – Stay With Me. We have something in common!!!

~ Chromeo  Jealous (I Ain't With It) is on Hit-Bound. This song is decent-ish. But it'll probably turn into trash very soon.

~ Also on Hit-Bound, we have Tiësto/Matthew Koma – Wasted. Even though Red Lights just debuted, this song is on Hit-Bound. This is decent. I'm not a fan of the dance beat. I am a fan of Matthew Koma's vocals though.

~ Also on Hit-Bound, running a little late to the party, we have DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What. Make your debut soon please!

~ Shockingly, Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On is still here.

~ We have 3 good songs that entered the Top 5 as well as a decent song at the #3 spot. I expect a huge difference in this countdown next week.

~ I almost made it through this installment of the Weekend Countdown without celebrating Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber having the Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week. Almost...

My Top 5 Picks
1. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
2. Ariana Grande – Problem
3. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
4. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye
5. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. Sam Smith – Stay With Me
2. Timeflies – All The Way
3. DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What
4. Jennifer Lopez – First Love
5. Sia – Chandelier

20 comments:

  1. Hey Adrian,
    Isn't it weird how timber and dance with me tonight both jumped/dropped 28 spots?
    I am SICK of dance with me tonight... and alone together
    But YESSSSSSS to Timber, I guess it did go down and yell timber... on the countdown
    And I absolutely love love love Problem! I am singing it for a school project
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love problem so muchhh!!! If you didn't already know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we have something in common.
      -Remy

      Delete
  3. I love Problem, Red Lights, and Wild Wild Love! Really glad they debuted!
    Songs that need to debut!
    Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne
    First Love- Jennifer Lopez
    Come Get It Bae- Pharrell Williams/Miley Cyrus
    Stay With Me- Sam Smith
    I Will Never Let You Down- Rita Ora/Calvin Harris
    Chandelier- Sia
    Wasted- Tiesto/Matthew Koma
    Turn Down For What- DJ Snake/Lil Jon
    Lightning In A Bottle- The Summer Set
    Beating Heart- Ellie Goulding
    Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd
    Undressed- Kim Cesarion
    Girls Chase Boys- Ingrid Michaelson
    Tennis Court- Lorde
    This Is How We Roll- Florida Georgia Line/Luke Bryan
    Good Kisser- Usher
    Scarecrow- Alex & Sierra
    Magic- Coldplay\
    A Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay/Avicii
    Love Never Felt So Good- Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake
    She Ain't You- New Hollow
    Empire- Shakira
    Get Her Back- Robin Thicke

    Sorry thats a lot but they all NEED to be on the countdown!
    Check out my blog!
    http://todaystophitstop40.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Some of those are on Hitbound and they will probably debut in a couple weeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't Coldpaly- Magic leave hitbound?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Coldplay-Magic

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's weird because that song is really popular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coldplay is 1 of my favorite bands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like their song with Avicii , A Sky Full Of Stars
      I like Coldplay a lot
      Who here doesn't like Coldplay?
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Avicii sings with Coldplay in A Sky Full Of Stars

      Delete
  9. To those of you who read my blog, I'm still there and I know there was no post last week, but the next week's voted by u and weekend countdown will be posted really soon. Sorry I was so late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news:
    Timber left.
    Bad news:
    Young Volcanoes debuted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on people, why u no likey Young Volcanoes?
      I heard it a lot this week so yeah...
      Also I really like these two songs on Hit-bound:
      Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato and Cher Lloyd
      and Jealous by Chromeo
      -Remy

      Delete
  11. Fall Out Boy-Young Volcanoes is a good song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not know hitbound?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm okay with young volcanoes but it's annoying.

    ReplyDelete