Saturday, June 21, 2014

5 Seconds Of Summer (1) – Week Of June 21, 2014

So Jennifer Lopez was hosting this weekend’s countdown when I thought she hosting last week’s. As with all guest DJs, she was terrible. I didn’t hear her voice as much as I should’ve. She’s obviously not the worst guest DJ. That would be Britney Spears from Thanksgiving Day weekend. Also, 3,000 more pageviews and I got a special post for you. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week. 


  • Paramore – Ain't It Fun (#16)
  • DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What (#35)
  • Lorde – Team (#40) [DTHNOBx3]
  • DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts (#41)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World
The Countdown
45. Tiësto – Red Lights (#45)
44. Haim – The Wire (#42)
43. Timeflies – All The Way (#39)
42. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (DEBUT)
41. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#44)
40. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#43)
39. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#36) [Go Away For God Sake!!!]
38. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#29) [You Too!]
37. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#33) [You Three!]
36. Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love (#26)
35. Maroon 5 – Maps (DEBUT)
34. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (DEBUT)
33. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#24)
32. Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars (DEBUT)
31. MKTO – Classic (#38)
30. Sia – Chandelier (#32)
29. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#25)
28. Jennifer Lopez – First Love (#37)
27. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#30)
26. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#31)
25. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#22)
24. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#28)
23. AJR – I’m Ready (#34)
22. Halsey – Ghost (#23)
21. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#18)
20. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (#21)
19. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#14)
18. One Direction – You and I (#27)
17. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#5)
16. Ariana Grande – Problem (#20)
15. Calvin Harris – Summer (#15)
14. Katy Perry – Birthday (#13)
13. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#12)
12. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#7)
11. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#11)
10. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#8)
  9. Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong (#19)
  8. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#6)
  7. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#9)
  6. Bastille – Pompeii (#10)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#4)
  4. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#1)
  3. Magic! – Rude (#17)
  2. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#3)
  1. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#2) [New #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: John Legend/Tiesto – All Of Me (–12)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Magic! – Rude (+14)

New Entrants
~ Kim Cesarion – Undressed is decent-ish. I don't think it'll be very long until it enters Insta-Station Change mode.

~ Maroon 5 made an awesome comeback with Maps. With the recent success of Maroon 5, I'm pretty sure this song will hit #1. Besides, every Maroon 5 song since Moves Like Jagger has hit #1 at least once. I hope this stays for a while.

~ Sam Smith – Stay With Me is really good. As I said in the past, Sam Smith has amazing vocals! I hope this stays longer than his past two songs.

~ Finally, we come to Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars. I love this song! Anything with Avicii is good. And I love Chris Martin's vocals. This better stay a long while.

A Sky Full Of Blurbs
~ Those of you who were excited about DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What debuting last week, you can hold your horses because that song just set the record this year for most hysterically short tenure on this countdown of only one week. This ties with Kid Cudi – Erase Me and KDrew – Body and Soul from previous years. 

~ It looks like Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend votes didn't really kick in as much as I wanted them to.

~ Just when I thought the worst piece of crap on this countdown left, it got boosted to #23. This song is actually worse than the Bottom 2 songs from last year, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – White Walls and Wax – Rosana. That really does tell you something since I absolutely HATED those two songs.

~ Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong finally made that jump into the Top 10. And it was one of the most downloaded songs!!! How about we actually start focusing on getting that song to #1 instead. It seems like it has more potential.

~ Magic! – Rude is at #3. We might see this as a #1 song. I sure hope not!

~ OneRepublic – Love Runs Out is at #2. I doubt it'll hit #1.

~ We've reached #1. I kinda saw #1 potential in 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect. It's kinda like One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful. Jennifer Lopez claimed that this is the very first time it hit #1 anywhere in North America. It was #1 on my countdown last weekend.

~ Timeflies – All The Way took a Tiesto – Red Lights drop to #43 on its second week.

~ Jennifer Lopez talked so fast every three songs and made this countdown go by so fast. Because of that, they were ahead of schedule. So they have to play random music until it's actually time for the next show (at this time, Hit-Bound) to start. At this time, they played all the songs that left.

~ Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye held the #11 spot for three weeks and Calvin Harris – Summer held the #15 spot for three weeks.

~ Talk about a quick drop to the 30's for Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love. That song is actually pretty good.

~ It's hard to believe. But MKTO – Classic is one month away from lasting a year on this countdown. Could it be?

~ The next two voting polls are below. This week's genres are hip-hop/rap and latino. I've already recorded the results from alternative and dance.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong
2. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
3. Maroon 5 – Maps
4. One Direction – You and I
5. Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. Cris Cab/Pharrell Williams – Liar Liar
2. The Pretty Reckless – Heaven Knows
3. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don't Care
4. Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted
5. Kalin and Myles – Love Robbery



Favorite Hip-Hop/Rap Song
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Favorite Latino Song
  
pollcode.com free polls 

34 comments:

  1. When I saw what you had to say for Turn Down For What, I burst out laughing!
    Also, I think the worst song on the Weekend Countdown keeps on changing between Radioactive, Demons, and Alone Together (and Sirens). Crappity crap crap that needs to leave.
    I swear to God I thought The Wire would leave, but...it's still here.
    Problem is making it's s l o w climb to the top
    Adrian, do you know any song artists that are gay? Well, besides Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees.
    -Remy (sorry about this comment being so long)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. I like reading long comments. And I know Adam Lambert is gay. And yeah, Turn Down For What's tenure was so short. But I don't care. That song was starting to get old for me.

      Delete
  2. Hit-Bound list anyone?
    -Remy again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know 5SOS- kiss me kiss me and Kalin and Myles- love robbery are on hitbound. Also, Tove Lo Habits is on hitbound those are the only new hitbound songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's also Liar Liar by Cris Cab and Pharrell Williams
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. That song debuted on Hit-Bound last week...

      Delete
  4. Avicii does not sing in A Sky Full Of Stars. I want to see Onerepublic-Love Runs Out hit number 1 and see if it catches up to Onerepublic-Counting Stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avicii doesn't sing period. He is a DJ. He is the one who made A Sky Full Of Stars sound like dance music.

      Delete
  5. I love the band Coldplay. Chris Martin has a nice voice. Besides I tried voting for Neon Trees- Sleeping With a friend and it did not work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit Bound:
    Liar, Liar- Cris Cab/Pharrell Williams
    I Will Never Let You Down- Rita Ora/Calvin Harris
    Cool Kids- Echosmith
    Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne
    Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd
    Heaven Knows- Pretty Reckless
    Love Robbery- Kalin & Myles
    Lightning In A Bottle- The Summer Set
    Wasted- Tiesto/Matthew Koma
    Habits- Tove Lo
    Come Get It Bae- Pharrell Williams/Miley Cyrus
    Kiss Me Kiss Me- 5 Seconds of Summer
    Jealous (Ain't With It)- Chromeo
    Girls Chase Boys- Ingrid Michaelson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie Goulding – Beating Heart left Hit-Bound??? Nooooooo!!!!.....

      Delete
    2. I was really disapointed! Maybe it will pull a All The Way- Timeflies and debut! I hope so!

      Delete
  7. I want to see Onerepulbic- Love Runs out at number 1 and see if it can catch up to Counting Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Songs I would put in red:
    Pompeii- Bastille
    Best Day of My Life- American Authors
    Be Okay- Oh Honey
    I'm Ready- AJR
    Dance With Me Tonight- Olly Murs
    Demons- Imagine Dragons
    Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    Alone Together- Fall Out Boy
    All The Way- Timeflies
    The Wire- Haim
    I Wanna Get Better- Bleachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we feel the same about AJR, Imagine Dragons, and Haim.

      Delete
  9. How many DTHNOBs is Lorde-Team gonna get?
    I desperately want The Wire to leave
    And Sirens
    And Counting Stars
    AND RADIOACTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just leave! Now!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorde-Team needs to be off this countdown NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Undressed is a insta-hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is a insta hit?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne
    Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd
    Wasted- Tiesto/Matthew Koma
    Kiss Me Kiss Me- 5 Seconds of Summer

    These songs should debut on the countdown this weekend. They have been getting a lot of airplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Has Imagine Dragons - Radioactive lasted a year on the countdown? If so, how many weeks until it passes Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light 'Em Up)?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes. I dio not know how many weeks until it will reach Fall Put Boy-My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. I had never heard of 5 seconds of summer-Kiss Me Kiss Me The only song ai know by 5 seconds of Summer is She Looks So Perfect last weeks number 1 when Jeninfer Lopez hosted the hits 1 weekend countdoen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow. I just realized Radioactive lasted a year on the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep. Will it break Fall Out Boy-My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark? I do not know. I like that song better than Fall Out Boy-My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. Do you like that song. or you Sick of it? Or no.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can understand you. Imagine if Fall Out Boy-My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark reentered the countdown? Then it would maybe break the record.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dylan George I have some good news. you do not need to estimate what the countdown will be like. Did you look at Adrian's Special Post, It showed aEstimating Countdown for next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still do it because I like doing it. Adrian, how do you make your estimation?

      Delete
    2. Ok. I did not make a “prediction”. It’s more of what it should be based on my opinion of the songs. I may start making actual predictions next week.

      Delete
  20. Weekend Countdown prediction. I don't really think this is how it will turn out this weekend but its based 100% on airplay.
    Out:
    Sirens- Cher Lloyd
    The Wire- Haim
    Best Day of My Life- American Authors
    Sleeping With A Friend- Neon Trees
    Demons- Imagine Dragons
    Wild Wild Love- Pitbull/G.R.L.
    All The Way- Timeflies
    Red Lights- Tiesto

    45) Jealous (Ain't With It)- Chromeo (DEBUT)
    44) Talk Dirty- Jason Derulo
    43) Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    42) Counting Stars- One Republic
    41) I Will Never Let You Down- Rita Ora/Calvin Harris (DEBUT)
    40) Kiss Me Kiss Me- 5 Seconds of Summer (DEBUT)
    39) Dark Horse- Katy Perry
    38) Dance With Me Tonight- Olly Murs
    37) I'm Ready- AJR
    36) Wiggle- Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg
    35) Not A Bad Thing- Justin Timberlake
    34) Goodbye- Glenn Morrison/Islove
    33) Pompeii- Bastille
    32) Alone Together- Fall Out Boy
    31) I Wanna Get Better- Bleachers
    30) Boom Clap- Charli XCX (DEBUT)
    29) Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne (DEBUT)
    28) Come Get It Bae- Pharrell Williams/Miley Cyrus (DEBUT)
    27) A Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay/Avicii
    26) First Love- Jennifer Lopez
    25) Latch- Disclosure/Sam Smith
    24) Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd (DEBUT)
    23) Undressed- Kim Cesarion
    22) Classic- MKTO
    21) Chandelier- Sia
    20) Ghost- Halsey
    19) Be Okay- Oh Honey
    18) Young Volcanoes- Fall Out Boy
    17) Wasted- Tiesto/Matthew Koma (DEBUT)
    16) Stay With Me- Sam Smith
    15) Maps- Maroon 5
    14) You & I- One Direction
    13) Summer- Calvin Harris
    12) Sing- Ed Sheeran
    11) Come With Me Now- Kongos
    10) Problem- Ariana Grande
    9) Birthday- Katy Perry
    8) Rude- Magic!
    7) Am I Wrong- Nico & Vinz
    6) Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX
    5) On Top of The World- Imagine Dragons
    4) All of Me- John Legend/Tiesto
    3) Me & My Broken Heart- Rixton
    2) Love Runs Out- One Republic
    1) She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer

    ReplyDelete
  21. So Hits 1 plays 3 5 Seconds of Summer songs: She Looks So Perfect, Kiss Me Kiss Me, and Amnesia. I like 5 SOS but holy cow!

    ReplyDelete