Saturday, June 28, 2014

5 Seconds Of Summer (2) – Week Of June 28, 2014


Sadly, we only got rid of one huge piece of crap this week. But at least Spyder Harrison was back on the job. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Imagine Dragons – Demons (#29)
  • Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love (#36)
  • Timeflies – All The Way (#43)
  • Tiësto – Red Lights (#45)

Last Week’s #1 song: 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
The Countdown
45. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#38)
44. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#40)
43. Haim – The Wire (#44)
42. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#25)
41. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (DEBUT)
40. MKTO – Classic (#31)
39. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#39)
38. Tiësto/Matthew Koma – Wasted (DEBUT)
37. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#37)
36. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (DEBUT)
35. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#33)
34. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#41)
33. AJR – I’m Ready (#23)
32. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle (#20)
31. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (DEBUT)
30. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#10)
29. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#26)
28. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#12)
27. Jennifer Lopez – First Love (#28)
26. Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars (#32)
25. Sia – Chandelier (#30)
24. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#13)
23. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#11)
22. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#19)
21. Halsey – Ghost (#22)
20. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#21)
19. Maroon 5 – Maps (#35)
18. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#24)
17. Katy Perry – Birthday (#14)
16. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#34)
15. Ariana Grande – Problem (#16)
14. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#27)
13. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#42)
12. Calvin Harris – Summer (#15)
11. One Direction – You and I (#18)
10. Bastille – Pompeii (#6)
  9. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#17)
  8. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#5)
  7. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#9)
  6. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#4)
  5. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#7)
  4. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#8)
  3. Magic! – Rude (#3)
  2. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#2)
  1. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (–20)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Sam Smith – Stay With Me (+29)

Imagine Dragons – Demons FINALLY left. But Tiësto – Red Lights and Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love lasted only four weeks. Think that's short? Timeflies – All The Way left after only two weeks. What a short run. But hey. We got some good entrant reviews coming up.

New Entrants
~ The song that appeared on the soundtrack for The Fault In Our Stars, Charli XCX – Boom Clap, made the countdown. I really like this song. It’s a fun song to jam out to. I would like it to stay a while.

~ After not very much success with Red Lights, Tiësto returned with the great vocals of Matthew Koma and produced Wasted. I absolutely love this song! It makes me wanna get up and move. It's a fun song and I hope it has a lot of success.

~ Clean Bandit – Rather Be is an interesting way of mixing classical music with electronic music. And it came out really well. This song is interesting. But the part that really pulls me in is the first part of the chorus.

~ Annoyingly, Cher Lloyd – Sirens is still on the countdown. And she’s back again with the fantastic female vocalist Demi Lovato with Really Don’t Care. This song is really good! Lovato does a beyond excellent job in the chorus. But like all Demi Lovato songs, I’ll get really sick of it at some point and I’ll want it to leave. But for now, it’s new and I must enjoy it while I still can.

I Blurb It Better When We’re Wasted
~ 5SOS – She Looks So Perfect managed to keep Magic! – Rude away from the #1 spot while Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong slowly climbs to it’s future #1 spot.

~ I had no idea Sam Smith – Stay With Me would jump this high. La La La and Latch never got this high. But I’m not complaining.

~ One Direction – You and I is looking to enter the Top 10.

~ I had no idea that Imagine Dragons – Radioactive already lasted a year on the countdown. It's already a month past a year.

~ Iggy Azalea – Fancy is in the Top 5. It's not gonna reach #1.

~ I nominate Calvin Harris – Summer for the summer song of 2014.

~ Fall Out Boy – Alone Together finally jumped out of the Bottom 5.

~ I'm (im)patiently waiting for Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down to debut the countdown.

~ Sometime this week, I'll have a post with a bunch of YouTube videos you should see. Also, I'll have the new voting polls for the Wutchuwant Countdown.

~ Here are the final two summer voting polls. Pop and country.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
2. Maroon 5 – Maps
3. Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted
4. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
5. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out

Favorite Pop Song
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Favorite Country Song
  
pollcode.com free polls 
Wutchuwant Countdown:

45. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart
44. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down
43. The Pretty Reckless – Heaven Knows
42. Paramore – Ain't It Fun
41. OneRepublic – Counting Stars
40. Kalin and Myles – Love Robbery
39. Kim Cesarion – Undressed
38. Katy Perry – Dark Horse
37. Katy Perry – Birthday
36. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing
35. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty
34. Haim – The Wire
33. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye
32. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster
31. Ellie Goulding – Beating Heart
30. Calvin Harris – Summer
29. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better
28. Ariana Grande – Problem
27. Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted
26. Shakira – Empire
25. Lorde – Tennis Court
24. Kongos – Come With Me Now
23. John Legend/Tiesto – All Of Me
22. Jennifer Lopez – First Love
21. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World
20. Halsey – Ghost
19. Ed Sheeran – Sing
18. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch
17. Bastille – Pompeii
16. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
15. One Direction – You and I
14. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
13. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle
12. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes
11. Echosmith – Cool Kids
10. DJ Snake/Lil Jon – Turn Down For What
  9. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
  8. Maroon 5 – Maps
  7. Magic! – Rude
  6. Iggy Azalea – Fancy
  5. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don't Care
  4. Coldplay/Avicii – A Sky Full Of Stars
  3. Sam Smith – Stay With Me
  2. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
  1. Sia – Chandelier [1st Week At #1]

39 comments:

  1. Why won't Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX-Fancy reach number 1? I like that song

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you put voting polls on your posts like that? (The Wutchuwant Posts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you make a poll on this site and enter it. It gives you the HTML code. On your post editor, you switch to the HTML editor and scroll to the bottom. Copy that HTML code for the poll and paste it in the post HTML editor. You then have a poll on your post.

      Delete
  3. I just want to know why won't Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX-Fancy won't reach number 1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard of Let Go for Tonight by Foxes? If you haven't, please listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next week I want Turn Down For What to debut on the wutchuwant posts. get rid of the wire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also may you put my new fan based blog in "other blogs" plz?

      Delete
  6. I like a Haim-The Wire but since it is initial the bottom 5, I am ok with that song leaving the countdown next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hitbound list anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrian would you add my blog to your other hits 1 blogs list!!!
    Link: http://hiits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall Out Boy- Alone Together should be pink
      Doesn't anyone like Undressed? I do
      -Rem Cessarion

      Delete
  9. Hit-Bound:
    Habits (Stay High)- Tove Lo
    Trumpets- Jason Derulo
    We Are Done- The Madden Brothers
    Lightning In A Bottle- The Summer Set
    I Will Never Let You Down- Rita Ora/Calvin Harris
    Jealous (Ain't With It)- Chromeo
    Pills N Potions- Nicki Minaj
    Liar, Liar- Cris Cab/Pharrell Williams
    Heaven Knows- The Pretty Reckless
    Jungle- X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons
    Cool Kids- Echosmith
    Love Robbery- Kalin & Myles
    Don't- Ed Sheeran
    Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer
    Girls Chase Boys- Ingrid Michaelson

    These 2 songs were removed from Hit-Bound but not the Hits 1 playlist which I think is really odd. They both got a ton of airplay the past week. I bet they both debut next week.
    Kiss Me Kiss Me- 5 Seconds of Summer
    Come Get It Bae- Pharrell Williams/Miley Cyrus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Come Get It Bae will debut this week.

      Delete
  10. I was just listening to the Weekend Countdown in my car earlier and when I heard Spyder Harrison’s introduction for Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better, I was laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,really? Yeah, I was laughing at that too. LOL!
      -Remy (and yeah thanks for the hit-bound list Dylan.)

      Delete
  11. I don't know if anyone is interested but here is the playlist for Pete Wentz's Hits & Misses:
    Ultraviolence- Lana Del Rey
    Cool Kids- Echosmith
    I Wanna Get Better- Bleachers
    Boom Clap- Charli XCX
    The Wire- Haim
    Guilty All The Same- Linkin Park
    Latch- Disclosure/Sam Smith
    Tonight You're Perfect- New Politics
    Ain't It Fun- Paramore
    Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX
    Sing- Ed Sheeran
    This Is Gospel- Panic! At The Disco
    You're The One- Sky Ferreira
    Girls- The 1975
    Young Volcanoes- Fall Out Boy
    Habits (Stay High)- Tove Lo
    Best Day of My Life- American Authors
    Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Linkin Park – Guilty All The Same!

      Delete
  12. Fall Out Boy-Young Volcanoes, American Authors-Best Day Of My Life and Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX-Fancy, I love those songs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is Pete Wentz on hits 1? Because his song broke the record? his only song on the countdown is Young Volcanoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has had a show on Hits 1 for a long time. It is every Saturday and Sunday night.

      Delete
  14. I am starting to like Love Robbery a little bit
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I listen to Hits 1 sometimes at night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me too are Remy. I am starting to like Kaylin/Myles-Love Robbery just like you. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where I rank the songs on Hits 1:
    Blue (OK/getting sick of):
    Talk Dirty- Jason Derulo
    Counting Stars- One Republic
    Not A Bad Thing- Justin Timberlake
    Goodbye- Glenn Morrison/Islove
    Be Okay- Oh Honey
    Ghost- Halsey
    I Wanna Get Better- Bleachers
    Birthday- Katy Perry
    Summer- Calvin Harris
    All of Me- John Legend/Tiesto
    Sing- Ed Sheeran
    Am I Wrong- Nico & Vinz
    Me & My Broken Heart- Rixton
    We Are Done- The Madden Brothers
    Lightning In A Bottle- The Summer Set
    Love Robbery- Kalin & Myles

    Red (Hate or really sick of):
    Sirens- Cher Lloyd
    The Wire- Haim
    Dance With Me Tonight- Olly Murs
    Classic- MKTO
    Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    Dark Horse- Katy Perry
    Alone Together- Fall Out Boy
    I'm Ready- AJR
    Best Day of My Life- American Authors
    Pompeii- Bastille
    Pills N Potions- Nicki Minaj
    Jungle- X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons

    Green (Love):
    Rather Be, Wasted, Boom Clap, Wiggle, Really Don't Care, Latch, First Love, A Sky Full of Stars, Chandelier, Sleeping With A Friend, Maps, Come With Me Now, Undressed, Problem, Young Volcanoes, Stay With Me, On Top of The World, Fancy, Rude, Love Runs Out, She Looks So Perfect, Habits, Trumpets, I Will Never Let You Down, Jealous, Liar Liar, Heaven Knows, Cool Kids, Don't, Amnesia, Girls Chase Boys, Kiss Me Kiss Me, Come Get It Bae

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow great list Dylan George! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Songs Hits 1 needs to play:
    Ten Feet Tall- AfroJack/Wrabel
    Scarecrow- Alex & Sierra
    Shower- Becky G
    Not About Angels- Birdy
    Try- Colbie Caillat
    Already Home- A Great Big World
    Tiptoe- Imagine Dragons
    You Can Rely On Me- Jason Mraz
    The Big Bang- Katy Tiz
    Tennis Court- Lorde
    Dollhouse- Melanie Martinez
    Love Never Felt So Good- Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake
    Something Bad- Miranda Lambert/Carrie Underwood
    Get Her Back- Robin Thicke
    I Choose You- Sara Bareilles
    Life of The Party- Shawn Mendes
    Bo$$- Fifth Harmony (when it comes out in a few days)
    Bang Bang- Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj/Jessie J (when it comes out)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is anyone listening to Hits 1 right now? They just world premiered Robin Thicke's new song Forever Love ft. AfroJack! Its AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then that's most likely going to go on Hit-Bound. I've not heard the song yet.

      Delete
  21. Bad news Adrian: I heard Team on Hits 1 just now... so I have a feeling it'll re-enter the Weekend Countdown for the 4th time :(
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really? Please no? I never heard it on hits 1 for a long time since it reentered

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dylan George. You have to estimate the countdown based on solo airplay because the weekend countdown will start tomorrow because of zindependence day

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not no more "warren"

    ReplyDelete
  25. PANIC!!!!!!!!!ALL ABOUT THE BASS IS 1#!!!!!!!!!!!!AAHHHH!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Calm down! Clam down! It's just the song pa the post is on my 10th birthday

    ReplyDelete