Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Marshmello (2) – Week Of November 17, 2018

Hey guys! Thanksgiving Day is just about here. I hope you all enjoy the holiday with family and people you love. I pretty much made myself finish this post today because I can't picture myself having time tomorrow. So here it is. No songs leaving the countdown this week. So let's get right into it!



Last Week's #1 Song: Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
The Countdown
45. Bazzi/Camila Cabello – Beautiful (#43)
44. George Ezra – Shotgun (#42)
43. NF – Lie (#45)
42. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (#44) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. Kim Petras – Heart To Break (#39)
40. Tiësto & Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone – Jackie Chan (#41)
39. Taylor Swift – Delicate (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
38. Bryce Vine – Drew Barrymore (#37)
37. Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#40) [4 Weeks At #1]
36. Juice WRLD – Lucid Dreams (#35)
35. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#17)
34. LSD – Thunderclouds (#33)
33. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes (#38) [1 Week At #1]
32. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#30)
31. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#28)
30. Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman (#21)
29. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#13)
28. NOTD/Bea Miller – I Wanna Know (#27)
27. Twenty One Pilots – My Blood (#34)
26. Selena Gomez – Back To You (#23)
25. Pitbull/Theron Theron – Free Free Free (#20)
24. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow (#19)
23. Loud Luxury/brando – Body (#25)
22. Ariana Grande – Breathin (#29)
21. Alex Aiono – Big Mistake (#32)
20. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#31)
19. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks (#22)
18. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren – Side Effects (#16)
17. Walk The Moon – Kamikaze (#24)
16. Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity (#14)
15. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#15)
14. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith – Promises (#18)
13. lovelytheband – Broken (#10)
12. Halsey – Without Me (#12)
11. Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan (#11)
10. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#5)
  9. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#26)
  8. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#9)
  7. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#6) [2 Weeks At #1]
  6. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#7)
  5. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#8) [1 Week At #1]
  4. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#4)
  3. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#2) [7 Weeks At #1]
  2. 5 Seconds of Summer – Youngblood (#3) [3 Weeks At #1]
  1. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: P!nk – What About Us (1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+17)

Blurbin
~ Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It made the jump we've been expecting up into the Top 10 because Hits 1 stans this man. But it is definitely a great song, so I have no complaints. I really like it.

~ Calvin Harris/Sam Smith – Promises seems to be going strong right now. The song is slowly growing on me and I'm starting to like it a little bit more. It could potentially enter green territory depending on how much longer it stays.

~ It's nice to see Kamikaze back in the Top 20. I'm also happy about the jumps into the Top 20 from Body Talks and Eastside, both of which I've been really enjoying lately.

~ LSD – Thunderclouds is still hanging around for some reason. Can we please get rid of this song and not let LSD have another song on here? I can't honestly be the only one who dislikes this project.

~ Charlie Puth – The Way I Am took a hard fall this week out of the Top 30, having a run similar to Done For Me. I'm glad this wasn't that big of a hit since it's the weakest single from Voicenotes as of right now. I still believe Done For Me deserved more than it got, but I'm glad The Way I Am didn't hit #1 and make Done For Me the only single to miss the #1 spot.

~ So yeah. I don't really have anything else to say here since nothing too interesting happened and the post is already kinda late. I will say that year-end posts will start coming out soon once we hit December. I'm currently in the process of selecting songs for my best and worst lists. Those will be out sometime next month, hopefully after I finish reveals for the 2013 Billboard Year-End Rankdown. But we'll see.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Halsey – Without Me

1 – Bad:
NONE

2 – Mediocre:
19. Anne-Marie – 2002

3 – Decent:
18. Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity
17. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith – Promises

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
16. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
15. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies
14. Imagine Dragons – Natural
13. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
12. lovelytheband – Broken
11. Bebe Rexha – I'm A Mess
10. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
9. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren – Side Effects
8. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones
7. Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan
6. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
5. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
4. Walk The Moon – Kamikaze
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
2. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Dan + Shay – Tequila

Overall Score: 89/100 = 89% (A)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Olivia Newton-John – Physical

Most Missed Countdown Song: Charlie Puth/Kehlani – Done For Me

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Rita Ora – Let You Love Me

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: P!nk – What About Us (#1)


My Top 5 Picks
1. Dan + Shay – Tequila
2. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
4. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow
5. Walk The Moon – Kamikaze

23 comments:

  1. Its a good thing you’re losing interest in Shotgun. I’ve never liked that song in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated Weekend Countdown Predictions for 11/24/2018:
    Exits:
    Free Free Free
    Jackie Chan
    Heart to Break
    Drew Barrymore

    Entrants:
    Consequences
    Nervous
    Sunflower
    Let Me Down Slowly

    #1: Happier (3rd Week!!!)

    Biggest Drop: Promises (-23)

    Biggest Jump: The Middle (+11)

    HitBound entrants:
    Free Free Free (re-entry)
    Empty Space
    Ruin My Life
    Sweet but Psycho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (Debut)
    Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
    Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
    James Arthur - Empty Space (Debut)
    Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me
    Imagine Dragons - Machine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitbound List (part 2):

      5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
      Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life (Debut)
      Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me

      Delete
    2. Hitbound List (part 3):

      Lauren Jauregui - Expectations
      Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way
      Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
      David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
      Olly Murs - Moves

      Delete
  4. And Free Free Free, Drew Barrymore, Heart to Break and Jackie Chan are the 4 exits off the countdown. And Let Me Down Slowly, Nervous, Consequences and Sunflower debuted the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute, I was wrong:







      High Hopes by Panic! at the Disco is back at #1 on the weekend countdown.

      Delete
    2. Both of these as false. Youngblood is #1

      Delete
  5. Here are this week's exits because of the Thanksgiving break:
    Jackie Chan
    Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free
    Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
    Heart to Break

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Middle is celebrating a 1 year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New rankdown: https://nickscountdownblog.blogspot.com/p/2018-hit-bound-dropouts-rankdown.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Important news guys:

    Mumford & Sons’ “Delta” wins US sales race, it will take #1 on Billboard 200 chart.

    ReplyDelete