Friday, November 9, 2018

Imagine Dragons (1) – Week Of November 3, 2018

I have nothing interesting to say in this introduction. I just need to get this out now and I'm tired as hell. So yeah. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Lady Gaga – I'll Never Love Again (#36)
  • Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa – One Kiss (#37)
  • The Vamps – Just My Type (#41)
  • Post Malone – Better Now (#42)
  • Weezer – Africa (#43)

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
The Countdown
45. NF – Lie (#44)
44. Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry (#45)
43. Juice WRLD – Lucid Dreams (#38)
42. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (#32) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. Zedd/Elley Duhé – Happy Now (#10)
40. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks (DEBUT)
39. Bazzi/Camila Cabello – Beautiful (#40)
38. Twenty One Pilots – My Blood (DEBUT)
37. Loud Luxury/brando – Body (#35)
36. Taylor Swift – Delicate (#39) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. Tiësto & Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone – Jackie Chan (DEBUT)
34. Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#34) [4 Weeks At #1]
33. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#33) [9 Weeks At #1]
32. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#28)
31. Pitbull/Theron Theron – Free Free Free (DEBUT)
30. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes (#30) [1 Week At #1]
29. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith – Promises (#31)
28. George Ezra – Shotgun (#15)
27. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (DEBUT)
26. NOTD/Bea Miller – I Wanna Know (#26)
25. Bryce Vine – Drew Barrymore (#27)
24. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow (#20)
23. Kim Petras – Heart To Break (#24)
22. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#13)
21. LSD – Thunderclouds (#18)
20. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#21)
19. Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity (#22)
18. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#25)
17. Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman (#8)
16. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren – Side Effects (#16)
15. Walk The Moon – Kamikaze (#23)
14. Halsey – Without Me (#29)
13. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#17)
12. Selena Gomez – Back To You (#14)
11. lovelytheband – Broken (#11)
10. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#5)
  9. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#12)
  8. Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan (#19)
  7. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#3)
  6. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#7)
  5. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#9) [2 Weeks At #1]
  4. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#2)
  3. 5 Seconds of Summer – Youngblood (#4) [3 Weeks At #1]
  2. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#1) [7 Weeks At #1]
  1. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#6) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (3)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Zedd/Elley Duhé – Happy Now (–31)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Halsey – Without Me (+15)

New Entrants
~ First up we have a song that I'm so glad finally managed to debut. It's The Struts and Kesha on Body Talks. I honestly see no flaws in this song. It is an absolute jam. Their voices sound great together. I love the instrumentation and the production. This song is a whole lot of fun. I would love this song do well because it is simply amazing. Please don't underrate talent like this. This could not be any more deserving of being a hit.

~ Next we have Twenty One Pilots with My Blood. Although I didn't love Trench as a whole, I enjoy this song to an extent. The production is good and I like Tyler Joseph's voice when he's not singing in falsetto. This is one of the few songs I actually like from the album, so if a song has to be here, then I'm glad it's this one. But I don't care how it does whether it does well like Stressed Out or flops like Jumpsuit.

~ At #35, we have Tiësto and a few other people with Jackie Chan. I can't say I'm a fan of this one unfortunately. This song feels like Tiësto's path towards mainstream mediocrity similar to Zedd and Marshmello. I find the production to be a little underwhelming for a Tiësto track. Preme does not sound good at all and Post Malone has definitely sounded better. I also don't really like the lyrics. So yeah. I'm not a fan of this one.

~ Next we have a song that I did not think would debut. It's Pitbull with Free Free Free. I don't think Pitbull has had a real massive hit since Fireball, which was quite a while ago. But that clearly doesn't stop him from trying as he brings Free Free Free, which follows the same formulaic structure as a lot of his songs in the past. In other words, there's nothing unique about it at all. It's just Pitbull rapping unintelligent lyrics over a rather mediocre beat. I feel like the world is starting to lose interest in this man and I am as well. That being said, I doubt this will stick around.

~ With the highest debut of the week, we have Eastside by Benny Blanco, Halsey, and Khalid. I like the production here and Khalid sound great in his verse and the chorus. The problem is that Halsey does not sound good here. She sounds decent with Khalid, but not so much on her own. The song is also really short. So I'm stuck between blue and green here. I might put it in green soon. But for now, it's nothing that special. However, I will say that Halsey's contribution here is a lot better than her other song Without Me. Hopefully this does better than that one.


Best Debut of the Week: The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Little Mix/Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me
  • Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly
  • Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower
  • Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (DEBUT)
  • Ariana Grande – Breathin
  • Lauv/Julia Michaels – There's No Way
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer – Killer Queen (DEBUT)
  • Camila Cabello – Consequences
  • Alex Aiono – Big Mistake
  • Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee – Close To Me (DEBUT)
  • Shawn Mendes – Nervous
  • David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone
  • Steve Aoki/BTS – Waste It On Me

~ After realizing that Chlorine is the real fan favorite from Twenty One Pilots' Trench, Hits 1 decided to bring that onto Hit-Bound. I don't like this song either unfortunately. I just didn't like this album as a whole. For some reason, I just can't get into Tyler Joseph's vocals. But this will probably debut at some point even though it's not a single.

~ Honestly, the last thing modern pop bands should do is cover classics. But here we have 5 Seconds Of Summer with their cover of Queen's hit Killer Queen. I'm not sure why this is here other than the fact that the people at Hits 1 are 5SOS stans. This cover isn't the worst thing ever, but it's just nowhere near as good as the original. I don't know why someone would listen to this when they can just listen to the original version.

~ Ellie Goulding has made her long-awaited return with Close To Me. I do like this song, but I'm gonna be straight up and say that this is probably the weakest lead single we've ever gotten from her. I like her vocals, but the production isn't great. Swae Lee has a good voice, but I don't know if he should be here. It's kind of a weird collab and I can't say I love it. But it's good.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Ariana Grande – Breathin
2. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me
3. Alex Aiono – Big Mistake
4. Camila Cabello – Consequences
5. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee – Close To Me


I'll Never Blurb Again
~ Natural is predictably our new #1 song, because Imagine Dragons can't go without a #1 hit these days. It's still a good song, so I'm cool with it chilling up there.

~ Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan made a nice jump into the Top 10. I'm very happy about this. Even though this remix is nowhere near as good as the original, it's still very good and I'm glad this song was released as a single.

~ But then we have Anne-Marie – 2002 also entering the Top 10. Honestly, do we need to be giving Anne-Marie more hits than she deserves. This is only slightly better than Friends and nothing she does will ever be as good as Rockabye.

~ New to the Top 20, we have Halsey – Without Me and Walk The Moon – Kamikaze. I'm happy about one and annoyed about the other. I'm sure you can figure out which is which.

~ So with more listens, I've been really growing into Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. I like the whole duet between them and Brad sounds great. I like the guitar. It's a really nice song and I hope it does well.

~ Easily the best thing that happened this week was the massive drop from Zedd/Elley Duhé – Happy Now. This piece of trash never deserved to be in the Top 10. You have no idea how good it felt to record it as the Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week.

~ As far as the exits go, I'll Never Love Again only lasted one week unfortunately. That's a shame. But like I said, I'm growing more into Shallow and I'm starting to realize that Shallow might be the better song. Time will tell on that. One Kiss had a nice run here. Just My Type flopped unfortunately. Then Better Now and Africa did decent here. Both are good songs, but I'm not heartbroken about losing them.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Halsey – Without Me

1 – Bad:
19. Anne-Marie – 2002

2 – Mediocre:
18. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am
17. Ariana Grande – God Is A Woman

3 – Decent:
16. Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
15. lovelytheband – Broken
14. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
13. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren – Side Effects
12. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You
11. Imagine Dragons – Natural
10. Bebe Rexha – I'm A Mess
9. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
7. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
6. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones
5. Walk The Moon – Kamikaze
4. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
3. Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan
2. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
1. Selena Gomez – Back To You

Overall Score: 83/100 = 83% (A)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Far East Movement/The Cataracs/Dev – Like A G6

Most Missed Countdown Song: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Mary Lambert – Same Love

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Muse – The Dark Side

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: P!nk – What About Us (#2)


My Top 5 Picks
1. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks
2. Dan + Shay – Tequila
3. Selena Gomez – Back To You
4. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow
5. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, you’ve grown into Body, I’m actually growing into that song too, but it’s still bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Camila Cabello - Consequences
    Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
    Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me
    Imagine Dragons - Machine (Debut)
    Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me
    5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
    Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way
    Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
    Olly Murs - Moves (Debut)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hitbound List (part 2):

      Lauren Jauregui - Expectations (Debut)
      Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
      Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
      David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
      Shawn Mendes - Nervous
      Ariana Grande - thank u, next (Debut)

      Delete
    3. Yay for Expectations and thank u, next. Never heard of Moves nor Machine before.

      Delete
  4. Okay guys here are the exits:
    no tears left to cry
    And a few more songs left the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My AT40 post is out!

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/at40-ariana-grande-1-week-of-november.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hits 1 Recommendations:
    MKTO - How Can I Forget
    Lost Kings/Norma Jean Martine - When We Were Young
    Komodo - (I Just) Died in Your Arms
    Kai Exos - Hold Out the Light
    Jackson Wang/Gucci Mane - Different Game
    Khalid - Better
    Bad Bunny/Drake - MIA
    Drake/Michael Jackson - Don't Matter to Me
    Backstreet Boys - Chances
    XXXTENTACION - BAD
    Jennifer Lopez & Bad Bunny - Te Gusté
    Dan + Shay - Speechless
    Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
    Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
    benny blanco & Calvin Harris - I Found You
    Gucci Mane/Bruno Mars/Kodak Black - Wake Up in the Sky
    Lil Duval/Snoop Dogg/Ball Greezy - Smile (Living My Best Life)
    Ella Mai - Trip
    Normani x Calvin Harris/WizKid - Checklist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you request on hits1 please. I want to request chances by backstreet boys and try get them on the countdown

      Delete
    2. Yes:
      Better
      Mia
      Don't Matter To Me
      Bad Liar
      Always Remember Us This Way
      I Found You
      Checklist

      No:
      Different Game
      Chances
      Bad
      Speechless
      Wake Up In The Sky
      Trip

      Don't know:
      everything else

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. DSR has been like that for several weeks now.

      Delete
  10. Hello. So stupid question any idea how to request on hits 1. I cant find a request link. Hello Chasetronaut for some reason it wouldn't let me reply back to you.

    ReplyDelete