Monday, January 29, 2018

2018 Grammy Awards: Reactions and Thoughts

Hey guys! So the 60th Annual Grammy Awards took place last night. I thought that, as a music reviewer, it would only be right to talk about what I thought of the Grammys. For the sake of time, this will not be a full-on review where I go through each and every performance. Instead, I'll just give quick thoughts on certain things that happened during the show. I'll pretty much be thinking out loud and just voicing my thoughts. So my apologies if this post doesn't look very professional. I'm just doing this because I want to share my personal opinions.


Kendrick Lamar opened up the show and I don't think they could've picked a better artist. Kendrick really knows how to kick things off and I thought his performance was really cool. There was a lot going on, but it was really good. It was energetic and it really grabbed people's attention. Of course, the only disadvantage to having someone like Kendrick go first is that it'll be really hard to surpass the bar he set, because let's be honest here, he set it really damn high. For a good while during the show, I was pretty damn sure he had the best performance of the night. By the end of the show, that wasn't the case. But his performance was one of the best in my opinion and I wouldn't be surprised if others considered it the best. Kendrick is a very talented man and I'm glad he is as popular and loved as he is. He's the reason I don't hate all rap music. So I'm glad his performance went great as expected.


Soon after, we had performances from Lady Gaga with Mark Ronson, Sam Smith, and Little Big Town. Gaga started out with her new single, Joanne, which I really like. Then she moved into her big ballad hit, Million Reasons. Although I would've loved to have heard Joanne in full, she did amazing with Million Reasons. Anyone that thinks this woman is not talented needs to re-look at their definition of talent. Lady Gaga is one of the best singers I've ever heard and she really shows off her voice here. I thought her performance was very moving and special. Sam Smith brought to the stage his song Pray from his latest album. I don't have much to say here, but I did really like the performance and the song. He has a great voice, which you all probably know by now. He's really good at conveying emotion with his music. The performance wasn't amazing by any means. But I really liked it and I'm enjoying the song. Little Big Town's performance was enjoyable as well, though nothing that stood out. I've heard Better Man a lot at this point and it's been out for a while now. I was kind of hoping for a new song. But the performance was still enjoyable and Little Big Town are one of the reasons I like country music. Groups like them and Lady Antebellum are just a couple of my favorites within that genre. They have really good music and they're very talented. So I'm glad they were given the opportunity to perform at the Grammys and I know they were also nominated along with Lady Antebellum for Best Country Album, but lost to Chris Stapleton. They did, however, win Best Country Duo/Group Performance for Better Man, which I'm pleased with. They deserve it. I'm glad that they're popular in the world of country music.


After all that, we had a tribute to Fats Domino and Chuck Berry. I didn't care too much for that performance. Then afterwards, we got to see Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee perform Despacito. As you know, I still love this song and I was very entertained by this performance. Both artists sounded great and if I'm being honest, just about everything with Daddy Yankee is great in my opinion. He is very talented. As I've said before, I'm glad this song was successful. Not very many Latin songs like this normally crossover into mainstream. It was pretty much just artists like Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglesias, two artists that I really enjoy. But I'm glad this one was able to make it into the world of mainstream music. It's a very catchy song and we should really have more Latin-pop songs making it big like this one. As I've said before, I'm Latino, so I have a thing for this kind of music. But I do genuinely believe that songs like these deserve success. More people should hear this kind of music. So I thought this was a very enjoyable performance overall.


Childish Gambino soon followed with a performance of Terrified. I thought this was one of the highlights of the night. Childish Gambino really showed me that he's more talented than I thought. I like the song. It has a weird creepy vibe that I find appealing. He actually has a great voice from listening to that performance. Overall, I thought it was really enjoyable and a stand-out of the night. It was different, but cool. I now understand why people really like this guy. He has quite the talent. P!nk then brought us another song from Beautiful Trauma. This time around, she performed Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. I really like this song just like most of her latest album. It's definitely slower, but that's what makes it stand-out. I'm glad she chose this song as opposed to another performance of What About Us or Beautiful Trauma. It's not that I don't love those songs. But we've seen them performed live before. I'm glad some of the other songs from her latest album are getting acknowledged. The performance starts off slow and calm. But towards the end is when P!nk really belts it all out, further proving that she is a fantastic singer. I love the lyrics and everything about this song. I'm so glad this performance went well. I love P!nk. This was another stand-out performance in my opinion. It was fantastic.


The big performance of the night soon followed and it came from Bruno Mars and Cardi B as they performed Finesse. Despite my initial distaste for this song, I've come around to it and I really enjoyed this performance. I didn't love Cardi B here. I thought she was kind of annoying and with how new she is, I don't think she should be performing at the Grammys yet. But other than that, I found the performance entertaining. Bruno Mars sounded good and he is a really good dancer. I would love to be able to dance like him. While I didn't love this as much as others did, I enjoyed it and I think that's enough for someone that hasn't been huge on Bruno Mars lately. I'm starting to appreciate him more and his music is growing on me. Just give me more time and it's very likely I'll become a fan once again. I'll admit, his award acceptance speeches showed that he's a good person and that he truly cares about the music. But overall, I liked the performance.


Following that, we had a performance from Sting and Shaggy. Didn't care too much for this one. It was okay. But it didn't really do it for me. The next big performance came from DJ Khaled with Rihanna and Bryson Tiller as they performed the smash hit, Wild Thoughts. As you know, I love this song. It was #9 on my Top 45 songs of 2017. So I was very happy when I found out that this song would be performed since I don't think I've ever seen it performed live. One of the reasons I love the song so much is because of the vibe and the Latin influences here. Obviously there's some Santana sampled here. But the guitar fits so nicely and sounds really cool. I think it was put to very good use. I applaud DJ Khaled for putting an amazing song like this together. But like I said, I love the vibe and the way the performance was setup. The backup dancers were all really good. Rihanna sounded really good. I'm glad Bryson Tiller was able to perform because his verse surprisingly adds a lot to the song. It's like the icing on the cake. DJ Khaled's unnecessary shouting throughout the song was a little annoying, but mostly amusing for some reason. The dance moves were all really good, especially at the end. Rihanna has some good moves. Overall, I loved this performance. This was definitely one of the best. This was the one performance I re-watched the most. Everything about it was amazing in my opinion. I'm glad we got to hear Wild Thoughts as opposed to something mediocre like I'm The One.


Soon after, we got a more emotional performance from Brothers Osborne, Maren Morris, and Eric Church. Their performance was a tribute to the victims of the 2017 Las Vegas shooting. It's really sad that these shootings still happen to this day. So I was moved by their rendition of Tears In Heaven. I thought it was really good. I really don't have much else to say about this, but I did enjoy it. Next we had Kesha performing Praying. But instead of going solo, she brought along Bebe Rexha, Andra Day, Cyndi Lauper, Julia Michaels, and Camila Cabello. I really love the song as you know. I thought the performance was fantastic and very moving. I'm so glad Kesha made it through everything she had been going through. She is a true fighter and I love her for that. I'm so glad she was able to perform on the Grammys because I think everyone should know her story and that you can overcome these kinds of situations. Her performance was very powerful. I thought she sounded great. I'm annoyed that Praying didn't win Best Pop Solo Performance, but I'll talk more about that later. But overall, I thought it was a fantastic performance. Definitely one of the best of the night.


Following Kesha, we had performances from U2, Elton John with Miley Cyrus, Ben Platt, Patti LuPone, SZA, and Chris Stapleton with Emmylou Harris. I thought they were all pretty good. But none of them really stood out necessarily. I like that U2 and Elton John are still performing. They're very talented. Ben Platt I recognized from Pitch Perfect and I never realized just how amazing his voice is. He really shows it off here and he sounds great. Patti LuPone's performance was good, but didn't really stick out, at least not to me. I like SZA and her performance was pretty good. I also like Chris Stapleton. He's obviously very popular in country music. He's very talented and I liked his performance. The final performance came from Logic with Alessia Cara and Khalid. They performed 1-800-273-8255. I love how right before their performance, they were acknowledging all of the artists we've lost recently including Tom Petty, Dolores O'Riordan, and Chris Cornell. They showed Chester Bennington last and immediately went into Logic's performance, which I like since Chester's death was from suicide. The performance was really no different from the performance at the MTV Video Music Awards several months ago. But I still find it very moving. I absolutely love the song and I can understand if some think it was poorly executed. But it's very moving to me and while I was never in a position where I considered suicide as an answer to my problems, I feel for those who have been there. I know this song has helped many people and I'm so glad Logic was allowed to perform it at the Grammys because it has such a powerful message that resonates with a lot of people. He, Alessia Cara, and Khalid all sounded great. I loved the speech from Logic at the end. It was so powerful. This was my favorite performance of the night and I thought it was a great way to close the show.


So the performances were pretty good for the most part, but the awards are a different story. I do not agree with a lot of the choices that were made. For example, Best Pop Solo Performance went to Ed Sheeran for Shape of You. I like that song, but it's nothing compared to Kesha's Praying, Lady Gaga's Million Reasons, and P!nk's What About Us. I would've loved to have seen Kesha win this award because she has been through so much and Praying is a fantastic song that touches people on an emotional level. Shape Of You doesn't do that. It's nothing more than a catchy song. It seemed like the obvious pick and I was hoping the Grammys would surprise us, but nope. Kesha got robbed.


For Best New Artist, Alessia Cara took home the award. I'm okay with that because I like her. But she is not that new. I don't know why she keeps getting nominated for these best new artist awards. Her first release was in 2015. By now we've heard five singles from her (Here, Wild Things, Scars To Your Beautiful, Stay, and 1-800) and she already has an album that was released back in late 2015. I like her, so I'll let it pass. But I think Khalid or even SZA would've been a good choice. Frankly, I'm just happy it wasn't Julia Michaels or Lil Uzi Vert.


Best Pop Duo/Group Performance went to Portugal. The Man for Feel It Still. I'm happy with that. Portugal. The Man are like the underdogs here since Something Just Like This, Thunder, and Despacito all seemed like obvious choices. So I'm glad they got to receive a Grammy despite only crossing over into pop/mainstream recently. I have been growing out of the song recently. But it's still catchy and I'm glad they're getting recognized for their work.


Best Pop Vocal Album went to Ed Sheeran for ÷. I'm not surprised here considering the other nominees. I would've loved to have seen Rainbow or Joanne receive the award. But for some reason, I just knew Divide would win. I'm not really sure how the Kaleidoscope EP from Coldplay got nominated. And Evolve and Lust For Life were not that good overall. While I would've preferred Rainbow or Joanne, I'm fine with Divide. It's a pretty good album. I'll give it that.


All of the rap awards went to Kendrick Lamar, and rightfully so. He had a great year in 2017, so I'm glad he received these awards as opposed to Cardi B or Migos and Lil Uzi Vert. As far as the country awards go, Chris Stapleton was the big winner winning everything except Best Country Duo/Group Performance because he wasn't nominated since he's a solo act. Lady Antebellum were nominated a couple of times and I would've loved to have seen them win. I'm still a big fan of them. But it seemed obvious that the awards would go to either Chris Stapleton or Little Big Town. And I'm so glad Body Like A Back Road did not win for Best Country Song or Best Country Solo Performance. The Grammys did well there by not picking that song for either.


Now for the big awards. First up is Song of the Year, which went to Bruno Mars for That's What I Like. Me personally, I really wanted 1-800 to win that award just because it was so much more meaningful and moving. I'm assuming Song of the Year relates to the songwriting since all of the songwriters are recognized for each nomination. If that's the case, 1-800 should've won in my opinion. That's What I Like really isn't that special. I could even understand Issues winning this award because the lyrics had meaning to some people and I guess people found it relatable. I don't like the song at all. But I could understand why that song was nominated and why it could've won. I would say the same for 4:44. That's What I Like and Despacito really didn't seem that special as far as the songwriting went. But they were obviously the two most popular. So with all that being said, I don't think That's What I Like deserved this award. I would've preferred 1-800. But oh well.


Then we have Record of the Year, which I believe goes to the song that was best produced. The award went to Bruno Mars for 24K Magic. Here, I can understand him winning since it is a catchy song and people love the throwback vibe. But it seemed like the obvious choice and I was hoping Kendrick Lamar would've gotten the award for Humble. I really liked that song. But 24K Magic I can understand to some extent.


Finally, we have the biggest award for Album of the Year, which went to Bruno Mars (again....) for 24K Magic. I genuinely believe that either Kendrick Lamar or Lorde deserved this award. 24K Magic seemed like the obvious choice that would be ruled out first. I was hoping the Grammys would surprise us with Melodrama winning the award like they did with Beck's Morning Phase a few years ago. I was hoping Lorde would have her shining moment for something that was universally acclaimed by critics. But it had to go to fucking Bruno Mars for an album that consists of only nine songs. The Grammys overpraised him this year. I liked his acceptance speech, but damn. This award should've gone to someone else, ideally Lorde or Kendrick Lamar. I feel like more work was put into their albums. 24K Magic winning just makes it seem like the Grammys are a popularity contest and that kind of annoys me. This goes for Song of the Year and Record of the Year as well, both of which Bruno Mars won as well. I won't argue with anyone that says 24K Magic is a good album. But Album of the Year? Nope.



That's it guys! Those are my thoughts on the 2018 Grammy Awards. They could've been better as far as the awards went. But the performances were all pretty good. Keep in mind that I just typed up my thoughts with no fancy formatting or anything like that. I was just thinking out loud. I also typed this really fast so I apologize for any grammatical errors. I caught a few myself, but I could've missed some. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading and I should have my Hits 1 Year-End countdown post sometime this week, hopefully.


My Top 10 Performances
1. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid – 1-800-273-8255
2. Kesha – Praying
3. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts
4. Kendrick Lamar – Medley
5. P!nk – Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
6. Lady Gaga/Mark Ronson – Joanne / Million Reasons
7. Childish Gambino – Terrified
8. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee – Despacito
9. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse
10. Sam Smith – Pray

178 comments:

  1. First, and I can't believe you beat me to it in terms of who gets the post out. Man!

    Still, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Well if it isn't atr and the anonymous attack

      Delete
    2. Adrian, please stop deleting my comment already. I like Thunderbolt 1000T.

      Delete
    3. Don’t worry, Chase. He’s not going to delete your comment.

      Delete
  3. Didn't watch the Grammy,s didn't really care. Although I am glad Bruno won, I really wiss Kesha, Kendrick or Lorde won one of the big three, but hey, I don't mind I still love 24K Magic, but let's be honest, Rainbow, DAMN and Melodrama are better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I wanted 1-800 to win as well. I won't argue on That's What I Like winning though, even though I don't care for that song that much. Many of the performances I didn't care for but some (Including that song) I was pretty impressed with. I shocked myself when I was watching the Gambino performance by enjoying it. It isn't as good as Redbone, but I did like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2018/01/personal-top-10s1s-of-2010s-so-far.html

    A somewhat special late night post for no real reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I just took my Wutchuwant servey for this month and for some reason Redbone was on there. Ummm ok?

    Also, MIC Drop (Without Desiigner obviously) was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooooo. With anything, Redbone must NOT re enter.

      Delete
    2. I agree with WAMB10. Also, I had a nightmare last night where Redbone re-entered the countdown at #1.

      Delete
    3. REDBONE BETTER NOT RE-ENTER THE COUNTDOWN!!!!!!

      Delete
    4. It is a weird nightmare. My nightmare where Redbone has re-entered the countdown at #1 has started around 3:25 AM and ended at 3:30 AM. And then after the dream, I woke up for a second and then I went back to sleep. I slept okay, but I had that nightmare.

      Delete
    5. Now I think you are making this up.

      Delete
    6. I agree with Dylan.

      Delete
  7. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: J Balvin/Jeon/Anitta - Machika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think it’s happening, Chase.

      Delete
    2. Yes it is!!! I just heard it. It's an awesome song.

      Delete
  8. Updated my new music page. Also, sorry for advertising so much, but I only have one question for my Q&A. If you can, please submit some more.

    https://goo.gl/forms/7YbuzIOLWNvkIz4t1

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I heard Whatever while I was driving home from work. Seems like it's a candidate to debut this weekend. Feels like I'm the only one in this crowd to actually like that one.

    Also, remember how I once talked about how sometimes you tune in to a radio station when a song you really like is just about to end? Well, I have seen End Game come on Hits 1 at times right near or when I arrive at my destination - whether it be at work, home or elsewhere - SEVERAL times now. It's not a big favorite of mine right now, but it's kind of funny that it's happened so much on my end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Another nobody to debut on a station called Hits 1.

      Delete
    2. ^Why are you always so annoyed with that? A ton of stations play music by unpopular musicians sometimes. But since this is a station that says "the 45 most popular songs in North America" I don't think those songs should be TOO high up on the countdown.

      Delete
    3. If they played it during the week, I will be completely fine with that. It is just these songs make the countdown and Hit-Bound and that pushes songs that are actually hits and are reaching the Hot 100 completely fly by the station.

      Delete
    4. They're doing exactly what Alessia Cara said in her acceptance speech: Finding underground artists that don't usually get acknowledged. It's nice that we don't have to hear all the same songs we'd hear on any other station. That's what makes Hits 1 stand out.

      Delete
    5. That’s right Adrian.

      Delete
    6. Well, when you put it like that, it does make Hits 1 unique. You wouldn't hear Save Me A Place and Animal on the American Top 40 unless they got big. So I guess I have to respect them for doing that.

      Delete
  10. I don't know why but I am really enjoying Gods Plan. I love that background music and literally everyone is playing this song on their speakers. Please tell me I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH, I have not heard it yet. How it debuted at #1 surprised me a little bit radio wise, looking at streaming and sales it is not shocking that much anymore.

      Delete
  11. #15-11 in the Hits 1 rankdown results will be posted shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guys, Bruno Mars' "24K Magic" could be in the mix of hitting #1 on Billboard 200, but Migos' "Culture II" will debut #1 on Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me and one of my friends witnessed the eclipse this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was an eclipse? I'm surprised I didn't know about it even though I live on the East Coast.

      Delete
    2. ^You make it sound like it's a bad thing every time you say that.

      Delete
    3. Well, I Love On the West Coast.

      Delete
    4. Oh, and by the way Leah, I saw the eclipse this morning, too.

      Delete
    5. OH F**K! I FORGOT THE BLUE MOON! *dies*

      Delete
  14. Billboard Hot 100 predictions for next week:
    1. Say Something (DEBUT)
    2. The Middle (DEBUT)
    3. God's Plan
    4. Perfect
    5. Havana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not happening Chase. The Middle is not going to debut at #2.

      Delete
    2. This is a terrible prediction, both Say Something and The Middle don't have the sales or the streaming to debut in the top 10, let alone the top 2 at all. God's Plan is still #1 on Streaming services so it's staying for another week, and it has been gaining steadily on airplay, despite being kicked out of the top on iTunes, it's still in the top 5 there.

      1. God's Plan
      2. Perfect
      3. Finesse
      4. Havana
      5. Rockstar
      6. New Rules
      7. MotorSport
      8. Bad At Love
      9. Thunder
      10. No Limit

      Delete
    3. Ummm... Finesse is hitting #1 next week.

      Delete
    4. No Limit is actually leaving the Top 10 next week.

      Delete
    5. Miles, you are #1 on Billboard Hot 100.

      Delete
    6. Stop replying to everything 3 fucking times in a row it's annoying and you are fucking wrong about Finesse. Finesse is being outsold by God's plan by about 15% in sales and it's streaming is FAR superior to almost any other song currently being streamed. So get your fucking facts straights, and shut up and leave.

      Delete
    7. WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! MILES IS NOT GOING TO LEAVE, YOU FUCKING CREEP!!!

      Delete
    8. Anonymous, that’s not nice.

      Delete
    9. ATR, shut the fuck up. You commented that. Looking at the time difference everyone can know you said that.

      Delete
  15. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Diplo/MO - Get it Right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chase, I think it’s going to happen.

      Delete
    2. ATR, I think you should stop commenting as Anonymous.

      Delete
    3. No no no no no no......

      It’s some other guy commenting as Anonymous, not ATR.

      Delete
    4. Dylan: His name is not ATR. He's Anonymous.

      Delete
  16. What are the Hit Bound spins so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DSR is down so I don’t know.

      Delete
    2. DogStar Radio is not working but I can tell you that two songs I have heard throughout the week have been Whatever and The Middle.

      Delete
    3. Which of course the songs debuted have to be the only two bad songs on Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, maybe there will be more WAMB10.

      Delete
  17. Culture II is coming to the Billboard Hot 100 next week. Dear god. #SaveTheHot100

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and honestly despite being over 108 minutes long and being as dull as you'd expect, I do think Stir Fry is easily the best song and could be a big hit to rival MotorSport. Speaking of which, it has been growing on me, and I'd call it decent, mostly because Nicki and Cardi steal the show.

      Delete
    2. I do think Stir Fry is the best song as well. I can't say I'm enjoying MotorSport however. There are maybe one or two other songs that I would say were pretty good in my opinion.

      Delete
    3. Ummm... 24K Magic has more 440-500,000 consumption units. So it might hit #1 next week.

      Delete
    4. We are talking about the Hot 100. Not Top 200.

      Delete
    5. Culture II has far more streams and better sales than 24K Magic has for THIS WEEk, we are not talking about all time sales.

      Delete
  18. ALso, performance reviews.

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/01/2018-grammy-music-award-performance.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Phew! Alright, fam! I've FINALLY finished it! My Billboard Year-End Review is FINALLY out! Enjoy!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/01/2017-billboard-year-end-hot-100-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Last Young Renegade may debut too because it was shown as a song that was played on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Why Don't We - Trust Fund Baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That title makes me cringe so bad.

      Delete
    2. Just heard it today. And yeah, I'm not really fond of this. Sounds like they're trying to go mainstream by trying this trap sound we hear nowadays.

      Delete
  22. In DSR, I haven’t seen Whatever air recently.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just like that DSR is down again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The #10-6 songs of the Hits 1 rankdown may be revealed at 9pm EST tonight (1.5 hours from now) if I study for my tests quick enough.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anyone seen the Sober Up music video yet?

    ReplyDelete
  26. New Music Alert: Pray For Me by The Weeknd featuring Kendrick Lamar

    Yep, The Weeknd is back. Just heard this, and it's pretty solid. I wonder will this be another hit for him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hits 1 should definitely edit Kendrick’s verse.

      Delete
    2. Double New Music Alert: Iggy Azalea/Quavo - Savior

      Delete
  27. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 2/3/18?

    ReplyDelete
  28. What are the songs entering Hit Bound this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is weird but we may actually have 5 songs entering HitBound this week.

      Delete
    2. And what are they exactly?

      Delete
  29. Remember to go over to this page to view the rest of the rankdown results!
    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2017-hits-1-ye-rankdown.html

    #7 and #6 will be revealed at 3pm EST tonight. The Top 5 will be revealed at 7pm EST tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  30. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm... His EP album "EP" was re-released in 2018. I think it will.

      Delete
  31. What The Hell played? That’s soooooooo 2011.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...What The Hell by Avril Lavigne is for their throwbacks or something and so what if they play it, it's still a damn great song.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Miles. I would love to hear that song on Hits 1. You need to stop complaining about the throwbacks, WAMB10.

      Delete
  32. SKy Walker by Miguel finally debuted pop radio.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Alright, guys! AT40 post is being worked on. I'll have it posted later today. Our #1 song on the AT40 this week is... (Gap for spoilers)


























    Perfect by Ed Sheeran!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The Top 5 of the rankdown will be revealed in 3 hours (7pm EST.)
    Go to this page during the results if you want.
    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/p/2017-hits-1-ye-rankdown.html


    The Top 5, in year-end chart order, is:

    Something Just Like This
    It Ain't Me
    Heavy
    Praying
    I Feel it Coming

    ReplyDelete
  35. Predictions:

    Exits:
    Hot Damn
    ...Ready For It?

    Entrants:
    The Middle
    Last Young Renegade

    Biggest Jump:
    Beautiful Trauma

    Biggest Drop:
    Meant To Be(?)

    #1: Thunder

    Hit-Bound Entrants:
    Trust Fund Baby
    Walk On Water

    Hits 1 should really start posting their Hit-Bound entrants again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Trust Fund Baby is a entrant. According to DSR it played today. I think it is decent.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I have a feeling you might be right on the Biggest Drop, given that I haven't heard Meant To Be that much since last week. For me, that would be nothing but good news.

      Oh, and for the record, you're probably wondering why I have MIC Drop in orange. I'll talk more about it in my post that's coming up, but let me just say that I don't buy into the hype.

      Delete
    4. WAMB10: It already left.

      Montavis: I've been growing out of it so I won't be sad to see it drop.

      Delete
    5. Whoops, I actually forgot that it left.

      Delete
  36. AT40 post is out, everybody! Enjoy!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/02/at40-ed-sheeran-and-beyonce-1-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. No one seems to be watching the rankdown results. I posted #5, #4, and #3. I will be posting extras soon, and then #2/1 in about a half hour.

    ReplyDelete
  38. So I just managed to win a Nintendo Switch, and with it I think back to last year’s mess of a Super Bowl where they had the Breath of the Wild commercial that had Believer used in it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. New AT40 post.

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/02/at40-ed-sheeran-and-beyonce-1-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. My weekend countdown predictions for 2/3/18:
    Exits:
    Attention
    Hot Damn
    ...Ready For It?

    Entrants:
    The Middle
    Whatever
    Last Young Renegade

    #1: Perfect

    Biggest Drop: Believer

    Biggest Jump: Never Be The Same

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    MIC Drop
    Trust Fund Baby
    Walk On Water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believer is not dropping. Sure it hasn't played this week but it hasn't the past 3 MONTHS. It will still be in the top 20.

      Delete
    2. This song is just old.

      -Remy

      Delete
  41. Wait a minute WAMB10...

    Did you just have a new icon?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hitbound entrant:
    Justin Timberlake / Chris Stapleton - Say Something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Welshly Arms - Legendary

      Delete
    2. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
      Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
      Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
      Spencer - Whatever
      Kesha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
      Justin Timberlake / Chris Stapleton - Say Something
      Post Malone - I Fall Apart
      Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
      Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
      Troye Sivan - My My My
      Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
      Welshly Arms - Legendary
      Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
      Sofi Tukker - Best Friend

      Delete
    3. "Welshly Arms - Legendary"

      I don't get it, we have Wolves, Wild Things, and Welshly Arms here, it's blocking off the good stuff.

      Delete
    4. At least Welshly Arms are somewhat known.

      Delete
  43. Exits this week:
    Liam Payne - Strip That Down
    Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello, fam. For countdown updates, check it out here:

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/02/at40-ed-sheeran-and-beyonce-1-week-of.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  45. And Thunder is still #1 this week, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, no. We have a new #1 this week. This week's countdown is on my page in the comments section.

      Delete
  46. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Justin Timberlake - Supplies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I still haven't heard it yet (I've been really busy lately), may I ask what's wrong with the song?

      Delete
    2. It's like trap meets R&B with some weird-sounding instruments and awful background noises. Not quite sure what JT was going for here. It sounds really bad.

      Delete
  47. Here's the full countdown for this week: (Gap for spoilers)


















    Exits:

    Liam Payne – Strip That Down (Good Riddance)
    ZAYN featuring Sia – Dusk Till Dawn

    The Countdown:
    45. Charlie Puth – Attention (#43) [–2] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    44. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#37) [–7] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    43. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#42) [–1]
    42. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#41) [–1]
    41. P!NK – What About Us (#44) [+3] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    40. The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#45) [+5]
    39. Symon – Lonely Girl (#31) [–8]
    38. WØLVES – Animal (#38) [=]
    37. Kesha – Praying (#39) [+2]
    36. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#36) [=] [Spent 3 Weeks At #1]
    35. All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (DEBUT)
    34. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#25) [–9]
    33. Maroon 5 featuring SZA – What Lovers Do (#30) [–3]
    32. Zedd featuring Maren Morris and Grey – The Middle (DEBUT)
    31. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#32) [+1] [Spent 4 Weeks At #1]
    30. Justin Timberlake – Filthy (#26) [–4]
    29. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [=] [Spent 5 Weeks At #1]
    28. Camila Cabello – Havana (#11) [–17] [Spent 1 Week At #1]
    27. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#22) [–5]
    26. Post Malone featuring 21 Savage – Rockstar (#15) [–11]
    25. Maroon 5 – Wait (#20) [–5]
    24. NF – Let You Down (#35) [+11]
    23. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#24) [+1]
    22. Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B. – Finesse (Remix) (#21) [–1]
    21. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#18) [–3]
    20. G-Eazy featuring Halsey – Him & I (#19) [–1]
    19. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#16) [–3] [Spent 3 Weeks At #1]
    18. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#13) [–5]
    17. MAX featuring Gnash – Lights Down Low (#27) [+10]
    16. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#28) [+12]
    15. P!NK – Beautiful Trauma (#34) [+19]
    14. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#17) [+3]
    13. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#14) [+1]
    12. Eminem featuring Ed Sheeran – River (#23) [+11]
    11. Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#6) [–5]
    10. Halsey – Bad At Love (#2) [–8] [Spent 2 Weeks At #1]
    9. Charlie Puth – How Long (#8) [–1]
    8. X Ambassadors – Ahead Of Myself (#12) [+4]
    7. Macklemore featuring Kesha – Good Old Days (#4) [–3]
    6. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#10) [+4]


    And...







































    5. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso featuring Florida Georgia Line and Watt – Let Me Go (#9) [+4]
    4. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#3) [–1] [Spent 2 Weeks At #1]
    3. Selena Gomez featuring Marshmello – Wolves (#7) [+4]
    2. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#1) [–1] [Spent 5 Weeks At #1]
    1. Taylor Swift featuring Ed Sheeran and Future – End Game (#5) [+4] [1st Week At #1]

    ReplyDelete
  48. Here you go, guys:

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/02/taylor-swift-1-week-of-february-3-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. My countdown post for this Super Bowl weekend is out!

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2018/02/taylor-swift-1-week-of-february-3-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  50. Here you go, on time, for once!
    http://countdownsblog.blogspot.ca/2018/02/week-5-complete.html

    ReplyDelete
  51. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had the title wrong, here is the updated link.

      http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/02/taylor-swift-1-week-of-february-3-2018.html

      Delete
    2. http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2018/02/taylor-swift-1-week-of-february-3-2018.html

      Delete