Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ed Sheeran (5) – Week Of March 11, 2017

Hey guys! Once again, I apologize for the late post. This week has been a relatively busy week as well. But at least next week is spring break for me. So I should definitely have the next countdown post out over the weekend. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Hey Violet – Guys My Age (#39)

Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
The Countdown
45. John Legend – Love Me Now (#41)
44. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty (#42)
43. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#44)
42. Daya – Words (#45)
41. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#37)
40. Rihanna – Love On The Brain (#21)
39. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#34)
38. James Hersey – Miss You (DEBUT)
37. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#30)
36. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#29)
35. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#43)
34. Niall Horan – This Town (#32)
33. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#35)
32. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry) (#26)
31. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#38)
30. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#22) [3 Weeks At #1]
29. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (#31)
28. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#28) [2 Weeks At #1]
27. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#27)
26. Julia Michaels – Issues (#17)
25. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#33)
24. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#23)
23. Twenty One Pilots – Heavydirtysoul (#24)
22. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#36)
21. AJR – Weak (#40)
20. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#14)
19. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#18)
18. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#4) [4 Weeks At #1]
17. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#12)
16. Maroon 5 – Cold (#13)
15. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#19)
14. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#15) [2 Weeks At #1]
13. Bebe Rexha – I Got You (#16)
12. Train – Play That Song (#20)
11. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#8)
10. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#5)
  9. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#10)
  8. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#11)
  7. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#3) [8 Weeks At #1]
  6. Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (#9)
  5. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#25)
  4. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#7)
  3. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#6)
  2. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#2)
  1. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#1) [5th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Rihanna – Love On The Brain (–19)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (+20)

New Entrants
~ Our lone new entrant this week comes from James Hersey with Miss You. I really don't have much to say about this one. It is kind of catchy. But for the most part, it's not really anything special. I don't think it'll stay that long. But yeah. It's okay for now. We'll see if that changes.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla (DEBUT)
  • The Vamps/Matoma – All Night
  • Imagine Dragons – Believer
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
  • Ariana Grande/Future – Everyday
  • Coin – Talk Too Much
  • MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
  • Snakehips/MØ – Don't Leave
  • Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye
  • One Ok Rock – American Girls
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos – Slide
  • Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
  • Little Mix – Touch
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent – Cake

~ I had to think for the longest time whether I wanted to put Swalla in blue or green. It's definitely a catchy song. But it's one of those songs that can get a little annoying a few times. Catchiness outranked the annoying factor this time around. But I can't say it'll be the same thing after a few months if this song actually becomes a hit. But from what Jason Derulo has been releasing recently, he is going in a decent-ish direction.

~ With more and more listens, Touch has been proving that it actually can be better than Shout Out To My Ex. I wouldn't it's better at this moment, but it is getting better with each listen.

~ I've pretty much lost all hope for Lights Down Low debuting. It was definitely nice having it here.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
2. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie – Rockabye
3. The Vamps/Matoma – All Night
4. Little Mix – Touch
5. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low


Blurbs Down Low
~ It's pretty clear that any song from any One Direction member has to be a Top 5 hit. Just Hold On is just slightly late to the party. Now I have no problem with it in the Top 5. But I think it'd be hilarious to see it fall right back out of the Top 20.

~ I am pleased to see the drop out of the Top 10 from Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving. Here's to hoping it's done for good. This song was actually good at first, but it is not one meant to hit #1.

~ Can't say I'm thrilled about the jump from AJR – Weak. But I'll certainly take the jump from Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay.

~ Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry) has dropped out of the Top 30 on its third week. Hopefully this is a sign that this song will be leaving soon. This song really has no good qualities at all. I'm still shocked to even see it on the countdown.

~ I'm very pleased to say that Rihanna – Love On The Brain has the Biggest DROP!!!!.... of the Week! That jump last week made me nervous that it would become a hit. Thankfully I was wrong. I mean, it is still a hit outside of Hits 1. But at least I won't have to hear it on this station.

~ Finally, we say goodbye to a song that never deserved to get a single spin on radio at all. Guys My Age has easily been the strangest song that is the farthest thing from sexy. It served no purpose and the lyrical content is actually pretty aggravating. Guys My Age, you will never be missed and I hope this is the last time we hear from you.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is being worked on and will be posted as soon as possible.

Top 20 Review
– Crap:
20. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like

1 – Bad:
NONE

2 – Mediocre:
19. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving

3 – Decent:
18. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever
17. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
16. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things

4 – Good:
NONE

5 – Great:
15. Train – Play That Song
14. Maroon 5 – Cold
13. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
12. The Chainsmokers – Paris
11. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
10. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy
9. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap
8. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On
7. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
6. Adele – Water Under The Bridge
5. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
4. Bebe Rexha – I Got You
3. Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm
2. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming

Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B+)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Nickelback – Someday

Most Missed Countdown Song: Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – Fire Escape

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move


My Top 5 Picks
1. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming
2. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons
3. Katy Perry/Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm
4. Jon Bellion – All Time Low
5. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Rihanna – Love On The Brain
2. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry)
3. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty
4. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like
5. X Ambassadors – Unsteady

91 comments:

  1. *sees your #2 most hated pick* Oooooooh, once Love On The Brain leaves I reckon . will be pissed.

    And I reckon some will also be pissed with your Throwback Pick :P Do like that most missed song though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least that #2 most hated pick is 95% likely going to flop, and I'm not very happy about that.

      Delete
  2. Swalla from Jason Derulo is bound to be hit hit no doubt about that...his recent releases haven't been as good but this one is extremely catchy and has a good beat!!! Plus a bonus of Nicki Minaj makes the track 10 times better! Ty Dolla sign is average in this song but he has good vocals...in So Good by Zara Larson Ty was featured on the track and he was able to reached a falsetto!!! Anyways...this song is just epic and will for sure debut at some point

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a school dance at my school next Friday and we are taking song requests today. I requested for Side To Side by Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj for the playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it would probably be on there anyway.

      Delete
    2. Not exactly. My school dances don't have that song.

      Delete
    3. It will most likely be there because I requested for it.

      Delete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Sam Hunt: Body Like A Backroad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just wait until Miles sees this.

      Delete
    2. Don't forget me :P

      That being said, both Take Your Time and House Party were on Hits 1 back in 2015.

      Delete
    3. I can't lie, that song is kind of catchy and decent. But I see the hate.

      Delete
    4. I don't really know as that's a country song.

      Delete
  5. New On z100 (since Thursday):
    Ed Sheeran – Perfect
    Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (RE-ENTRY)
    Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
    Stargate/P!nk/Sia – Waterfall

    AT40 Breakouts:
    PARTYNEXTDOOR – Not Nice
    Lorde – Green Light
    Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just letting you guys know that I'm leaving for Washington, DC, tomorrow. I don't know when I'm coming back, but while I'm there I won't be able to comment much, if at all. I'll try to get COAEP out today or in the car tomorrow, and if it doesn't come out then, it'll be a while. So stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude your reviewing skills have really been great. Let's hope better things come from this countdown this year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man Zara Larsson's album is out tomorrow and I'm excited I just worry it will flop like her recent singles have

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guys, I hate to say this, but everyone check out the latest posts of Ethan Moskowit, Lance, Trance, Thatchos, Mikey, Jason, Blogboy7, Dylan (Hits 1 blog), and CountdownRecap (!!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, not a single new post.

      Delete
    2. Now, check out the latest post for mine, over a month ago. I actually stopped blogging because of how the countdown was faltering last year and lacked activity.

      Delete
    3. I just had to do February 4 because it had a lot of activity.

      Delete
    4. No, I meant the comments section.

      Delete
    5. No, that's not the reason why I'm saying this.

      Delete
  10. So apparently I have no school tomorrow, making it the fourth day in a row with no school. So here's something completely different.

    Super special awesome!

    Screw the rules, I have money!

    Attention duelists, my hair is assaulting you!

    Alas poor Yorick, I knew him.... in America!

    I'm not gay, I'm British.

    I am not a freaky fish guy!

    Naaaah, I don't wanna be an American idiot!

    Jagshamesh! My name is Shadi, and in my homeland of Egypt we no longer use slaves to build pyramids. Now we use women instead, so much better right?

    YoUr MoThEr PlAyS cArD gAmEs In HeLl!

    Holy **** on a **** sandwich with **** o top, and a side helping of ****.

    Look at me, I'm Seto Kaiba, I have a dragon fetish and I sound like Brock from Pokémon. Screw the rules, I'm in love with Nurse Joy!

    Look, breasts have arrived.

    It's called cheating, deal with it!

    Damn it, I wanted a window seat!

    Epic pouting maneuver!

    By the Gods, that's exactly what I want to look like!

    You don't stand a ghost of a chance.

    If your a ghost, then I'm straight.

    BROOKLYN RAGE!!!

    My limey senses are tingling.

    Wa, Wa, baby pharaoh wants milk, somebody fetch me a nipple!

    I activate the Ocarina Of Time. *Plays the OOT theme song*

    BURN THE WITCH!!

    Looks like the rules, *Puts on sunglasses dramatically* just got screwed. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

    You can own my body if you want.

    Oh Dukey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind hey Dukey!

    Oh I'm so ambiguously camp!

    Don't you wish your card games were fun like mine?

    Yugios, apparently they're yugilicious. Alright, now where the ****'s my paycheck?

    Hey everybody, Pegasus is a big stinky cheater!

    Because shut up.

    Actually I do smoke marijuana, it's good stuff.

    Wonder twin powers activate! Form of, an Egyptian homosexual!

    I'm going to spice up your life.

    There goes a friend with a sister I'd like to bang.

    Tristan and Serenity sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

    They know my secret, I'll just have to kill them.

    No EFFing way.

    (This is all just a joke, and a huge reference to something. Figure it out and receive an exclusive feature)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's definitely related to Yu-Gi-Oh.

      I actually recall being a big fan of that franchise back in the first half of the 2000s, but it didn't last with me forever. The anime I did like even if it was basically what you'd expect often.

      Are these from the Unabridged Series?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is Yu-Gi-Oh related.

      I've only watched Duel Monsters, because GMX is nothing but a bunch of rappers playing card games 5D is just playing cards on Motorbikes (Seriously who thought that was a good idea) and Zexal is just.... awful.

      No, they're the abridged series, and thank God For Little Kuriboh's genius for this series, because it's so fucking funny.

      Delete
  11. Anbody having Parent/Teacher conferences tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My significantly late countdown post is out: http://sxmh1wc.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-11-2017-ed-sheeran-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for listing your bottom 5 songs on the countdown. Would you mind if I did a review on the top 5/bottom 5 weekend countdown picks?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Collaborations I'd like to see:

    Taylor Swift/Katy Perry
    Adele/Sam Smith
    Ed Sheeran/Ellie Goulding
    Rihanna/Sia
    Lady Gaga/Elton John
    Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood
    Fall Out Boy/Coldplay
    Usher/The Weeknd
    Justin Timberlake/Justin Bieber
    Bruno Mars/Ariana Grande

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Here are some I'd like to see:

      Future/Kodak Black
      Drake/Lil Uzi Vert
      Lil Yachty/Quavo
      Ty Dolla $ign/Gucci Mane (They might've done one already but this is for if they haven't)
      Big Sean/YG
      Jeremih/21 Savage
      Yo Gotti/Young Thug

      Delete
    2. For Miles:
      1. Oh plz NO!!!
      2. Yeah that would be amazing. Those two have great voices.
      3. Ok np.
      4. Maybe you put this because Sia wrote music for Rihanna before, but I think Sia would have a much better voice and I would get sick of Rihanna's part quickly.
      5. Elton John is still around? Well anyway if so ya i'd love to hear it.
      6. No. Because Carrie Underwood is WAY too good for Kelly Clarkson, not in voice in making music.
      7. I would love to see this. Although Fall Out Boy seems inactive now, this song would be amazing!
      8. Would probably love it except if they tried I Feel It Coming number 2.
      9. Um... What???
      10. That would be a huge hit but I would probably make my bottom five songs of the year.

      Cool thoughts!

      Delete
  15. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: G-Eazy & Kehlani - Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great, another reason to hate Lil Yatchy, he was just featured in a Sprite ad on YouTube. Cross Sprite as another company I'll no longer buy from as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of Lil Yachty, he has a new song with Tee Grizzley that came out a day or two ago, and it's surprisingly really good.

      Delete
    2. I saw that ad like two months ago.

      Delete
  17. Bad News For .: Guys My Age left the AT40
    Good News For .: Dancing On My Own left the AT40

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me, I must do an AT40 highlights comment.

      Delete
  18. AT40 Highlights: Sheeran holds at #1, Rockabye hits top 10, Zedd and The Chainsmokers debut

    Exits:
    x28. Guys My Age
    x39. Dancing on My Own
    x40. Treat You Better

    Entrants:
    39. Stay
    38. Something Just Like This
    36. Thumbs

    Biggest Jump: Heavy (37-31, 6 spots)

    10. Rockabye
    9. Don't Wanna Know
    8. Mercy
    7. Paris
    6. Scars to Your Beautiful
    5. I Feel it Coming
    4. Bad Things
    3. Love on the Brain
    2. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    1. Shape of You (3rd week)

    Breakout: PartyNextDoor - Not Nice
    Breakout: Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely
    Breakout: Lorde - Green Light
    On the Verge: Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
    Extra: Enrique Iglesias - Tonight
    Extra: Aminé - Caroline
    Optional Extra: Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble
    Optional Extra: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again
    Optional Extra: Coldplay - Viva La Vida
    Optional Extra: Lady Gaga/Beyoncé - Telephone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good riddance to Crapping On My Own. But I'm not happy about Crapabye entering the top 10 and Crap of You at #1.

      Delete
  19. My top 45 songs of the year post is out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How do you get the information for Hit-Bound/Weekend Countdown spins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to this link (http://dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php?artist=&tile=&channel=2&month=&date=&shour=&sampm=&stz=&ehour=&eampm=) and take it from there.

      Delete
  21. Song lyric chain:


    Tell me what you really like...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can you add countdownsblog.blogspot.ca to your list?

    ReplyDelete
  23. #40Friday is out!
    http://40friday.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-17-2017.html

    -1 debut (but no exits)
    -No top 10 or 20 entrants
    -New #1. I repeat, NEW #1!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 15. Castle On The Hill

    Nice! I noticed that Spyder didn't say that this was the biggest jump. Huh.

    Also, I totally heard him say "Bruno Mars, Issues" while recapping the last set of five.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 11. Say You Won't Let Go (+25, biggest jump)

    Wow. This is the second time this one has had a 20+ spot jump out of absolutely nowhere. It's also the biggest jump we've had since Starving's second week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. #1 song this week one year ago: One Call Away by Charlie Puth (first of two weeks at #1)

    One of the most infamous hit songs of last year, that much I can say without hesitation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So apparently there was an attempted shooting at an airport in Paris, France.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Exits:
    Sia/Kendrick Lamar-The greatest(29)
    Charli XCX-After the afterparty(44)


    45: John Legend-Love me now(45)(=)
    44: Daya-Words(42)(-2)
    43: X Ambassadors-Unsteady(43)(=)
    42: Bebe Rexha-I got you(13)(-29)(I think at least SOMEONE's gonna be mad...)
    41: Coldplay-Hymn for the weekend(41)(=)
    40: Bruno Mars-24K magic(39)(-1)
    39: Maroon 5-Don't wanna know(30)(-9)
    38: Niall Horan-This town(34)(-4)
    37: Ariana Grande/Nicki Manaj-Side to side(24)(-13)
    36: Panic! At The Disco-L.A. Devotee(DEBUT)
    35: Rihanna-Love on the brain(40)(+5)
    34: Linkin Park/Kiiara-Heavy(19)(-15)(?)
    33: The Weeknd/Daft Punk-Starboy(31)(-2)
    32: Twenty One Pilots-Heavydirtysoul(23)(-9)
    31: Noah Cyrus/Labrinth-Make me(Cry)(32)(+1)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The last three Hot 45 Charts have been released for you guys! I hope you enjoy, because it took me a while.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm gonna be making new videos on some new albums today ! Probably gonna talk about the new Machine Gun Kelly single too ! #LegendBTV

    ReplyDelete
  31. Countdown post is out! Here's the link:
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/ed-sheeran-6-march-18-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. My album review for Divide is out. I forgot to say this because it was a scheduled post.
    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/album-review-ed-sheeran.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. MORE LIFE IS OUT NOW AND IT'S AMAZING SO FAR!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately for Miles, it has an astounding 22 tracks.

      Delete
    2. That means I'm going to have to review almost every track on the Hot 100 soon, and I don't want to fucking do it! How could Drake's new albums be great, more like disappointing, boring and awful!

      Delete
    3. There are now 13 Drake songs in the top 100 of iTunes.

      Delete
  34. Wait a second...... I got you had the biggest DDDDDDDRRRRRRROOOOOOOPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! Of the week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So by now I bet some of you saw the article about Donald Trump reportedly kicking One Direction out of one of his hotels for, of all things, refusing to meet his daughter. I don't know if he was referring to Ivanka, but seeing as Trump is in his 70's and the boys are a little younger than me, it's not surprising, unless whoever he was referring to is a Directioner herself.

    I will say, I'm gonna be VERY disappointed if Spyder doesn't talk about this before introducing This Town or Just Hold On next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why will you be disappointed? It's just a music countdown host mentioning news, it's not a big deal to me.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I know, it's not a huge deal but it's still pretty funny nonetheless. I remember when he didn't mention how JB hates The Weeknd's "wack" music…

      Delete
  36. This is my reaction to that:

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    2. That's my reaction to I Got You having the biggest drop of the week this week.

      Delete
  37. BREAKING NEWS: Chuck Berry JUST DIED!!! *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  38. Guess the song:
    - I hit #1 on the WC in 2015.
    - I am sung by one male artist. (Bands do not count)
    - I left along with another song that hit #1 in 2015. No other songs left that week, making it a 2-exit week.
    - Adrian liked me at first, but then got sick of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn Mendes - Stitches or The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face

      Delete
    2. Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd.

      I would say Stitches, since that one also fits all those criteria, but Adrian has definitely since grown back into that one. They both left the same week.

      Delete
    3. It is Stitches. Adrian did like it at first, but then got sick of it. Adrian liked Can't Feel My Face at first, but grew out of it because he didn't think it was that good compared to The Weeknd's newer music, if memory serves correctly.

      Delete
  39. So since I like Disney and I like music as well, I voted for the Radio Disney Music Awards. Here were my votes:

    I'm With the Band (Favorite Tour): Meghan Trainor - "The Untouchable Tour"
    The Buzz (Breakout Artist of the Year): Alessia Cara
    She's the One (Best Female Artist): Meghan Trainor
    He's the One (Best Male Artist): Bruno Mars
    Play it Again (Radio Disney Country Favorite Song): Maren Morris - 80s Mercedes
    #Trending (Favorite Social Media Star): Jiffpom*^
    The Freshest (Radio Disney Country Best New Artist): Maren Morris
    Mashup (Best Collaboration): Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
    XOXO (Best Crush Song): Troye Sivan/Alessia Cara - Wild
    Stuck in Our Heads (Best Song to Lip Sync To): Meghan Trainor - No
    So Happy (Best Song That Makes You Smile): Meghan Trainor - Me Too (why am I voting for her so much lol)
    The Bestest (Song of the Year): Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
    #SquadGoals (Fiercest Fans): Meghan Trainor "Megatronz"
    The Freshest (Best New Artist): Noah Cyrus
    You Know You Love Them (Best Group): Fifth Harmony^^
    When the Beat Drops (Best Dance Track): Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You
    The Bestest (Radio Disney Country Favorite Artist): Kelsea Ballerini
    Heartbreak (Best Breakup Song): Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)

    *Does not have to do with music
    ^Believe it or not, one of the nominees for this category was Jacob Sartorius.
    ^^I think there's a high chance that Twenty One Pilots or even the disbanded One Direction will win this category, as they have really fierce fans on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  40. An update post is out on my blog.
    http://countdownmania.blogspot.com/2017/03/update-important-blog-changes.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. This Week in Billboard Chart History: In 1997, Nobody Held Diddy Down on the Hot 100

    Then-Puff Daddy earned his first of five No. 1s. Plus, remembering feats by Joan Jett, Celine Dion & Michael Jackson.

    March 20, 1982
    We loved it, too! Joan Jett & the Blackhearts' "I Love Rock 'N Roll" began a seven-week command of the Billboard Hot 100 on this date 35 years ago.

    March 21, 1987
    Thanks to Club Nouveau, "Lean on Me" joined an exclusive club. Thirty years ago, the song hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for a second time, after first leading for three weeks in 1972 as recorded by Bill Withers. It's one of nine compositions to top the Hot 100 by different artists.

    March 22, 1997
    Diddy, then billed as Puff Daddy, tallied his first of five Billboard Hot 100 No. 1s to date, as "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down," featuring Mase, began a six-week rule. The song incorporates Matthew Wilder's 1984 top five hit "Break My Stride."

    March 23, 1996
    Celine Dion's ballad "Because You Loved Me" settled in for a six-week stay atop the Billboard Hot 100. It became one of nine No. 1s for writer extraordinaire Diane Warren, who's also penned leaders for Chicago, Toni Braxton and Aerosmith, among others.

    March 24, 1990
    "Black Velvet," Alannah Myles' tribute the King, Elvis Presley, who spurred a "new religion that'll bring you to your knees," began a two-week reign on the Billboard Hot 100. Christopher Ward was reportedly inspired to write the song (with David Tyson) after riding on a bus full of Presley fans on their way to Memphis for the icon's 10th-anniversary vigil at Graceland.

    March 25, 1989
    Mike + the Mechanics' plaintive ode to the passage of time, "The Living Years," became the group's first and only Billboard Hot 100 No. 1. The band's eighth studio album, Let Me Fly, featuring lead single "Don't Know What Came Over Me," arrives April 7.

    March 26, 1988
    Michael Jackson's reflective ballad (literally) "Man in the Mirror" topped the Billboard Hot 100. The classic became his 10th of 13 career No. 1s, the most among solo males. The song was co-written by Glen Ballard, who later co-wrote the music for all the tracks on Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hot 100 so far:
    1. Shape of You
    2. That's What I Like
    3. Bad and Boujee
    4. I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    5. I Feel it Coming (!)
    6. Tunnel Vision
    7. Love on the Brain
    8. Something Just Like This
    9. Paris
    10. iSpy
    17. It Ain't Me
    19. Mask Off
    24. Issues
    27. Stay
    39. Green Light
    55. Everyday
    78. Liability (Lorde)


    Nicki Minaj also passes Aretha Franklin for most Hot 100 songs by a female artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, this means Closer did not break How Do I Live's record.

      Great, not only did Green Light drop out of the top 20, but now I have to deal with more Future, and fucking Nicki Minaj! Sometimes I really hate this country.

      Delete
    2. Also, the Chainsmokers have spent 46 consecutive weeks in the top 10 since May 21st, 2016.

      http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/165996/billboard-hot-100-04-2017?page=4

      Delete
    3. Nicki Minaj:

      14. No Frauds (feat. Drake and Lil Wayne)
      61. Regret In Your Tears
      71. Changed It (feat. Lil Wayne)

      And possibly many more!

      Delete
    4. Great, a crappy rap artist has more debuts than an amazing soul/R&B singer.

      Delete
  43. More hot 100 so far:

    14: Nicki Manaj/Drake/Lil Wayne-No frauds(DEBUT)
    61: Nicki manaj-Regret in your tears(DEBUT)
    71: Nicki Manaj/Lil Wayne-Changed it(DEBUT)

    Female artist with the most top 100 entries:

    5: Madonna(57)
    4: Rihanna(58)
    3: Taylor Swift(70)
    2: Aretha Franklin(73)
    1: Nicki Manaj(76)(BROKEN TIE THIS WEEK!)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I can guarantee you, these songs have no AirPlay:
    I Got You
    Love Me Now
    Let Me Love You*
    Treat You Better*
    *Yes, it'll probably leave from a high position this week.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hungry monkeys jump less.

    ReplyDelete