Friday, December 18, 2015

Year-End Special – 2015: A Year In Review

2015 is coming to an end people! It's crazy! We've had a ton of awesome music this past year. Like every year, radio killed SO many songs that were really good at first. I do blame myself a bit because I often do overlisten to a bunch of songs. But honestly, Hits 1 kept so many songs for a long period of time (some are still here). It saddens me that one of these songs is from possibly my favorite band of all time. This was their first truly awful song. Let's see if you can figure this one out. These five songs you're about to see are songs that were just god awful for a relatively long period of time. So without further ado, the Bottom 5 Songs Of 2015 (#1 being the worst).


Bottom 5 Songs Of 2015
5. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
4. The Heydaze – Dumb
3. Usher – I Don't Mind
2. Maroon 5 – Sugar
1. Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman


As far as all our #1 songs go, for the most part, almost all of them have been killed with the amount of airplay they've gotten on Hits 1 as well as other mainstream stations. Only a few of them have stuck with me. Now here are all the songs that hit #1 in 2015.


  • Walk The Moon – Shut Up and Dance (12) [Tied For All Time Record]
  • Adele – Hello (7)
  • Taylor Swift – Blank Space (5) (6 Total)
  • Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (4)
  • Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth – See You Again (4)
  • Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (3)
  • Shawn Mendes – Stitches (3)
  • Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (2)
  • Fall Out Boy – Centuries (2)
  • Maroon 5 – Sugar (2)
  • Taylor Swift – Bad Blood (2)
  • Andy Grammer – Honey I'm Good (1)
  • Ed Sheeran – Photograph (1)
  • One Direction – Drag Me Down (1)
  • Taylor Swift – Style (1)
  • Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams (1)
  • The Weeknd – Can't Feel My Face (1)

Next up, I thought I'd do something different. We've had some breakout artists this year as we do every year. What I'm going to do is say my favorite and least favorite breakout artists from this past year. So here we go:


Best Breakout Artist Of 2015: The Weeknd


Worst Breakout Artist Of 2015: Fetty Wap


We've had a TON of music on Hit-Bound. Unfortunately, a lot of songs spent some time on Hit-Bound, but didn't debut on the Weekend Countdown. Here's the list of all the Hit-Bound music that unfortunately never got announced by Spyder Harrison on the Weekend Countdown. (It's possible that I'm missing a few.)

  • Becky G – Break A Sweat
  • Becky G – Can't Stop Dancin'
  • Becky G – Lovin' So Hard
  • Betty Who – All Of You
  • Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me
  • Cash Cash/Julia Michaels – Surrender
  • Deorro/Chris Brown – Five More Hours
  • Empire Cast – No Doubt About It
  • Fort Minor – Welcome
  • George Ezra – Blame It On Me
  • Icona Pop – Emergency
  • INNA/Marian Hill – Diggy Down
  • Jack & Jack – Groove
  • Jason Derulo/Jennifer Lopez/Matoma – Try Me
  • Just Seconds Apart – Unbelievable
  • Kat Dahlia – Crazy
  • Kaya Stewart – In Love With A Boy
  • Pharrell Williams – Freedom
  • Pitbull/Jason Derulo/Juicy J – Drive You Crazy
  • R5 – Smile
  • Rixton – Hotel Ceiling
  • Robin Thicke/Nicki Minaj – Back Together
  • Ryan Cabrera – House On Fire
  • Shawn Mendes – Life Of The Party
  • Sia – Elastic Heart
  • Steve Aoki/Moxie – I Love It When You Cry
  • The Script – Superheroes
  • Who Is Fancy – Goodbye
  • Years & Years – King
  • ZZ Ward – Love 3X

Now it is time to announce the 2015 Lights Over Paris Hit-Bound Hero Award! I don't think I need to go into how it got its name. But if you want me to, leave a comment down below and I'll be more than happy to explain. Basically, it's the one song that I think got robbed for not making it on to the Weekend Countdown. You can clearly see that Emergency was the worst of the bunch (with Crazy coming in a really close second). But with the best song, I was really upset about this song not making it just because it's so good. So here we go!


2015 Lights Over Paris Hit-Bound Hero Award Winner: R5 – Smile


There were a few songs that were really popular worldwide, but for whatever reason, never debuted on the Weekend Countdown. This next song was a massive hit all over the world. It hit Top 10 in many different charts. I'm really shocked that it never made it to the Weekend Countdown. So I will now present that song with the Biggest Whiff Of The Year award.



Biggest Whiff Of 2015: Skrillex & Diplo/Justin Bieber – Where Are Ü Now


Tenure Trophies
There were quite a few songs that lasted a short three weeks on the countdown (Jason Derulo – Cheyenne, Zedd/Jon Bellion – Beautiful Now, Nate Ruess – Nothing Without Love, Ryn Weaver – OctaHate, and more). We didn't have any one-week tenures. But there was one two-week tenure...



Shortest Tenured Song Of 2015: David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous (two weeks)


As for the longest tenure, this song has lasted just about a year debuting at the end of last year and is still on the countdown. That song is....


Longest Tenured Song Of 2015: Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (debuted 12/27/14; still on countdown)


I realized that I kind of rushed through this. But it needed to get done. Also, I did attend the iHeartRadio 103.5 KISS FM Jingle Ball on Wednesday night. If I have the time, I'll post some of the pictures I took (even though they're not the best quality). So that'll be a different post. But I did have a blast! But back to this post, this was 2015 summed up in one post. I hope you enjoyed and get ready because the Top 45 Songs of 2015 will be posted soon! The list has been selected and I will begin the post as soon as possible!

55 comments:

  1. My Bottom 5 Songs Of 2015:

    5. Ed Sheeran - Photograph
    4. Omi - Cheerleader
    3. Echosmith - Let's Love
    2. Alessia Cara - Here
    1. You know what that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also isn't Centuries the longest tenured song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in the calendar year. Thinking Out Loud has been on the countdown the longest in 2015.

      Delete
  3. My Bottom 10 Songs of 2015: (These songs must have charted on the Billboard Hot 100 or on the Year End List)
    #10. Hotline Bling- Drake
    #9. Post To Be- Omarion ft. Chris Brown, Jhene Aiko & DJ Mustard
    #8. Thinking Out Loud- Ed Sheeran
    #7. Watch Me- Silento
    #6. Nasty Freestyle- T-Wayne
    #5. Hit The Quan- iLoveMemphis
    #4. Only- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown
    #3. She's Kinda Hot- 5 Seconds Of Summer
    #2. Pretty Girls- Britney Spears ft. Iggy Azalea
    #1. She Knows- Ne-Yo ft. Juicy J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Ne-Yo strip club anthem is Ne-Yo's first step to becoming Jason Derulo. Not to mention that squealing in the background that sounds like a sqealing 3-year old girl. And Ne-Yo is better than this, he's a soulful, successful R&B artist with amazing talent. None of his other recent songs sound like this. If he was that desperate for money he should've become a stripper or something. And the last thing I want to hear is a squealing 3 year old in a song, and this song is basically potential pedophilia. I would make an exception and make Stimulated by Tyga as the worst song because of it being about him having sex with Kylie Jenner when she was 17. Simply put, Stimulated is a song about actual pedophilia, whereas She Knows is basically a song about strippers with a terrible 3-year old girl squealing in the background.

      Delete
  4. vote.pollcode.com/12184493

    Click on the link to vote for the best song of the year! There will be a top 30 countdown of the results posted in 2 weeks. I need your help. I'm not forcing you to vote, but the more, the more accurate and fun!

    - Jason Rearick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I forgot that you can't make links as anonymous. I think you all know what to do, but if not:
      1) Double tap the link
      2) See highlighted in blue (iPhone blue)
      3) Click Copy
      4) Go to your phone's notes app
      5) Double tap screen
      6) Click paste
      7) click on link
      8) vote!
      - JR

      Delete
    2. No one can make links in Blogger comments whether anonymous or not. You have to use link HTML coding in order for it to be an actual link in Blogger comments.

      Delete
  5. Hitbound Entrants:
    Nelly/Jeremih- The Fix (Coolio!)
    The Chainsmokers/ROZES- Roses (YES!)


    The best...


    Twenty One pilots- Stressed Out (YES YES YES THANK U JESUS!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry, that was totally random on my part.

      Delete
    3. Now what the hell is the fix doing there?

      Delete
    4. As for the other 2, YAYAYAYAY

      Delete
    5. The Fix will not last that long.

      Roses should last a few months.

      Can we have Stressed Out hit the top 3?

      Delete
    6. The first one:

      YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      The last two: (Mainly the third)

      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    7. And I agree, what the hell is The Fix doing as a hit?

      Delete
    8. Okay then. The second one is the YAAAASSSS and the first and third are the NOOOOOOOOO

      Delete
    9. MKYVWAVL IQV7N68Q: BS08 ;E8JE95S;5 85SJ4 9S [0JW4'ZT9WZ4TJNNT4WN4TWZ9 T4JWN4TJWOZ9ZTW4'T4T $NT"W
      W$TWUNO$NTWIUN<URDVWYRJVWAUIVWFDSHZZVSNZUVGMZSIFUSGZSG;EOVPH

      Delete
    10. THIS IS THE FRIGGIN BEST DAY OF MY LIFE (yesterday, when I found this out)

      Delete
    11. YESTERDAY WAS THE FRIGGIN WORST DAY OF MY LIFE

      Delete
  6. JUST GONNA STAND THERE AND WATCH ME BURN
    BUT THAT'S ALL RIGHT BECAUSE I LIKE THE WAY IT HURTS
    JUST GONNA STAND THERE AND HEAR ME CRY
    BUT THAT'S ALRIGHT BECAUSE I LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE
    I LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you what it really is
      I can only tell you what it feels like
      And right now there's a steel knife in my windpipe
      I can't breathe but I still fight while I can fight
      As long as the wrong feels right it's like I'm in flight
      High off her love, drunk from her hate,
      It's like I'm huffing paint and I love her the more I suffer, I suffocate
      And right before I'm about to drown, she resuscitates me
      She fucking hates me and I love it.
      "Wait! Where you going?"
      "I'm leaving you!"
      "No you ain't. Come back."
      We're running right back.
      Here we go again
      It's so insane cause when it's going good, it's going great
      I'm Superman with the wind at his back, she's Lois Lane
      But when it's bad it's awful, I feel so ashamed I snapped
      Who's that dude?
      "I don't even know his name."
      I laid hands on her, I'll never stoop so low again
      I guess I don't know my own strength

      Delete
    2. BUT OTHERWISE IM SORRY I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THAT SONG WAY TOO MUCH

      Delete
  7. Predictions For 12/18/15
    Exits:
    Downtown
    TIMH
    THYK
    Ghost Town

    Entrants:
    IKWYDLS
    When We Were Young
    S.O.B.
    Get Ugly

    Biggest Jump:
    Used To Love You

    Biggest Drop: Wildest Dreams

    #1: Hello or Ex's And Oh's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exits:
    x28. Bad Blood (NOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
    x40. Tear In My Heart (IT DOESN'T MATTAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR THO)
    x41. Ghost Town (You'll be missed...)
    x43. That's How You Know You F'd Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. GUYS GUYS THINKING OUT LOUD MUST STAY NEXT WEEK TO MAKE IT TO A YEAR GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THINKING OUT LOUD #1YEARFORTHINKINGOUTLOUD

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's the countdown list
    The complete list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WC - 12/19/15

      x28. Bad Blood {2w@#1}
      x40. TIMH
      x41. Ghost Town
      x43. THYK [DTHNOBx3]

      45. Thinking Out Loud (+0) {3W@#1}
      44. Downtown (-14)
      43. WDYM? (+1)
      42. Something Better (-29)
      41. Hey Everybody! (-10)
      40. Worth It (-5)
      39. Levels (+3)
      38. Can't Sleep Love (-15)
      37. SOB (debut)
      36. SYA (+3) {4W@#1}
      35. Drag Me Down (-21) {1W@#1}
      34. Locked Away (+4)
      33. Focus (-8)
      32. When We Were Young (debut)
      31. Get Ugly (debut)
      30. Used to Love You (+7)
      29. Renegades (-5)
      28. I Know What You Did Last Summer (debut)
      27. Stand by You (+5)
      26. CFMF (+7) {1W@#1}
      25. Good to Be Alive [Hallelujah] (+1)
      24. Cake by the Ocean (-8)
      23. Photograph (+11) {1W@#1}
      22. Here (-7)
      21. NA (+6)
      20. Out of the Woods (-2)
      19. House Party (+10)
      18. Hide Away (-10)
      17. LIGLY (+5)
      16. Victorious (+20)
      15. In the Night (+6)
      14. Irresistible (+6)
      13. My House (+4)
      12. SOL (-1)
      11. OMM (-1)
      10. Lay It All on Me (+2)
      9. Black Magic (-5)
      8. Sorry (+11)
      7. Shut Up and Dance (+0) {12W@#1}
      6. Stitches (+3) {3W@#1}
      5. Confident (+1)
      4. Perfect (+1)
      3. Ex's & Oh's (-1)
      2. WD (+1) {1W@#1}
      1. Hello (+0) {6thW@#1}

      Delete
    2. "Hey Hits 1, you guys put IKWYDLS on the countdown?"

      "That's How They Know they f**ked up."

      Delete
  11. My Bottom 5 Songs Of 2015:
    5. Nova Rockfellor - Made In Gold
    4. Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love
    3. Priory - Weekend
    2. Drake - Hotline Bling
    1. MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish

    Lights Over Paris Hotbound Hero Award: Steve Aoki/Moxie - I Love It When You Cry

    ReplyDelete
  12. HELLO EVERYBOODY!!! IM BACK!!!! btw i died but im okay now!

    THIS YEARS AWARDS:

    The Donald Trump Award: (Worst Song)
    IT GOES TO... Sigala - Easy Love
    RUNNER UP: Ed Sheeran - Photograph

    The Weekend Countdown Award: (Best Song)
    The Weeknd - The Hills (you probably expected dat one.)
    RUNNER UP: The Script - Superheroes

    Unsung Song Sung By Son: (Underrated)
    Fetty Wap/MONTY - 679
    RUNNER UP: Jack ü/AlunaGeogre: TO Ü

    The Panda Award: (Overated)
    Adele - Hello
    Runner Up: Justin Beiber - Sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much agree withya on your choices - especially the dirge, Hello -

      Delete
  13. I went to Jingle Ball in L.A! It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really enjoyed your list (and your enthusiasm) - you definitely included tracks that haven't heard, but will take a listen to - and isn't that what it's all about - many thanks and a great 2016 to you!

    ReplyDelete