Sunday, November 9, 2014

Taylor Swift (6) – Week Of November 8, 2014


So there was kinda a mixture of good and bad things that happened this week. I'll list them as we go. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Mary Lambert – Secrets (#31)
  • Magic! – Rude (#34)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
The Countdown
45. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#43)
44. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#30)
43. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#45)
42. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#38)
41. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#29)
40. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#44)
39. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#12)
38. Maroon 5 – Maps (#22)
37. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#32)
36. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#43)
35. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#9)
34. Bastille – Flaws (DEBUT)
33. Ariana Grande – Problem (#35)
32. Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz – Waves (DEBUT)
31. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#24)
30. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#26)
29. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#39)
28. Hozier – Take Me To Church (#36)
27. Fergie – L.A. Love (La La) (#23)
26. Vance Joy – Riptide (#20)
25. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute (#41)
24. MisterWives – Reflections (#33)
23. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#30)
22. Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer (#22)
21. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#40)
20. Big Data/Joywave – Dangerous (#27)
19. Gwen Stefani – Baby Don’t Lie (#37)
18. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love (#16)
17. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (#21)
16. Sheppard – Geronimo (#18)
15. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame (#19)
14. Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One (#13)
13. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#15)
12. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#14)
11. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#17)
10. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#8)
  9. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#3)
  8. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#4)
  7. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#11)
  6. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#6)
  5. MKTO – American Dream (#7)
  4. Maroon 5 – Animals (#10)
  3. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#5)
  2. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#2)
  1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1) [6th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Charli XCX – Boom Clap (–27)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (+19)

New Entrants
~ The first bad thing that happened this week was the debut of Bastille – Flaws. This song has so many flaws in it (hence the title) that there is absolutely nothing in the song I like. It does not deserve to be here.

~ Next we have Mr. Probz who got the help of Robin Schulz to produce Waves. My Pandora station does not play the Robin Schulz mix. It plays the original version for me which is a LOT slower and doesn't have the beat. And keep in mind, I listen to Today's Hits Radio on Pandora. This song is really good. However, I think the chorus is a little repetitive. But aside from that, this song is a keeper and I'm glad it debuted.

Hit-Bound
~ AJR hosted Hit-Bound this weekend.

~ I believe New Politics – Everywhere I Go (Kings and Queens) left Hit-Bound. Hopefully, it debuts soon (by soon, I mean next weekend).

~ Eden XO – (Not) Too Cool To Dance just keeps getting better every time I listen to it.

~ The Script – Superheroes and Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be) both debuted on Hit-Bound. A good thing that happened this weekend.

~ No matter how hard it tries, I do not think Tiffany Houghton – Love Like That will debut this countdown. It's a good song though.


~ Bebe Rexha – I Can't Stop Drinking About You is still on Hit-Bound.  

~ Here's the Hit-Bound list:


  • The Script – Superheroes
  • Tiffany Houghton – Love Like That
  • Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be)
  • Eden XO – (Not) Too Cool To Dance
  • Magic! – Let Your Hair Down
  • Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin'
  • Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life
  • Privory – Weekend
  • AJR – Infinity
  • Bebe Rexha – I Can't Stop Drinking About You
  • OneRepublic – I Lived
  • Charli XCX – Break The Rules
  • Bea Miller – Young Blood
  • David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous
  • Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat

Top 5 Hit-Bound
1. The Script – Superheroes
2. Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be)
3. David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous
4. Eden XO – (Not) Too Cool To Dance
5. Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life

I Can't Stop Blurbing About You
~ Ed Sheeran – Don't still at #2 is another bad thing that happened this week.

~ It's about time Magic! – Rude left. Another good thing that happened.

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia is back in the Top 10. That's a bad thing.

~ Charli XCX – Boom Clap dropped all the way to #39! That's a good thing.

~ Gwen Stefani – Baby Don't Lie and Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame are moving decently high on this countdown. Two more good things.

~ Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass dropped to #35!!! A very good thing!!!

Ok. Back to normal blurbs.

~ Earlier this week, Shawn Mendes released his latest single, Something Big. I don't think it'll be long before it's trending on Jenna Marbles' #YouTube15. But the song is amazing! I want it to become something big! You guys should listen to it.

~ It's too soon for Ella Henderson – Ghost to get ready to leave!

~ Unlike, Eden XO – Too Cool To Dance, every time I listen to Big Data/Joywave – Dangerous, it gets less and less interesting. I do think David Guetta and Sam Martin should replace them.

~ It's official! I do not wanna hear any more music from Jason Derulo. His self-titled album and Future History were both really good and definitely better than the piece of crap that is Talk Dirty.

~ So on the American Top 40 app, there's a section with a two voting polls (one for the Top 40 and the other for the Adult 40). The poll has a list of like seven songs and then an "other" option. One of the songs already there as an option was Blame. I voted for it and then it showed me the results. Blame has the most votes out of all the songs there. It even had more votes than Shake It Off and Steal My Girl combined! Here's a pic of the results (there were more songs, but I couldn't get them in): 
Displaying photo.PNG

~ The End Of The Year Countdown Voting is still going! Go to the page called "End Of The Year Countdown – Voting", follow the instructions, and vote. You have till Christmas to get your votes in. Vote however many times you want!

~ The 200,000 Pageview Special will most likely come out on Tuesday because I have Tuesday off because of Veterans Day. I'll try and post it then.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
2. Gwen Stefani – Baby Don't Lie
3. Fergie – L.A. Love (La La)
4. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute
5. Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz – Waves

44 comments:

  1. i thought u like ed sheerans don't

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe u put i can't stop blurbing about u of my fav song
    ps 1 down a few to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T IS RED??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR ONES I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU ADRIAN!!!!!!!!YOU DON'T TAKE TIME SERIOSLY!!AND LOVE RUNS OUT IS GREEN(not that I don't like that but that's a discrase)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adrian I Like Bastille-Flaws but that's red. Something we don't disagree on. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when Don't was in purple lol. It got old too quick. Jealous has only been here like 5 weeks or whatever and maps and love runs out should be in turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was when it Debuted the countdown in Mid to Late August. Yeah Jealous should still be in green. Maroon 5-Maps and OneRepublic-Love Runs Out(Oldest song on the Countdown) has been here for a while. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you in High School Leah Baker?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way but if I in high school I may be one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in middle school? I am a freshmen in High School. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in 7th grade in New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Town in New Jersey?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you on Flaws by Bastille. Pompeii is such a brilliantly written song, it is hard to believe it is by the same group that do Flaws. It's awful musically and lyrically. Not that I have an opinion on it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey, adrian, would you pick blame or a light that never comes?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Booooo why did Secrets leave? I'm sad. But at the same time happy the Flaws is here! Waves is pretty good but a little repetitive but in green.
    Hitbound BFFs aka the songs that I love that aren't debuting
    Of course the best song on Hitbound
    Bebe Rexha - I Can't Stop Drinking About You
    Then,
    Eden XO - Not Too Cool To Dance
    Then,
    Bea Miller - Young Blood
    Then,
    Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin
    Then,
    Tiffany Houghton - Love Like That
    And the newcomer,
    Tove Lo - Heroes

    Here's a youtube 15 list if anyone wants it from my best to worst
    The Vamps/Shawn Mendes - Oh Cecilia
    Cheryl - I Don't Care
    Sabrina Carpenter - Middle Of Starting Over
    Jimmy Fallon/Will.I.am - Ew!
    Robin Schulz/Jasmine Thompson - Sun Goes Down
    Milky Chance - Flashed Junk Mind
    Ricky Dillon - Nobody
    OK Go - I Won't Let You Down
    Bethany Mota/Mike Tompkins - Need You Right Now
    Jack And Jack - Wild Life
    Sigma/Paloma Faith - Changing
    Jacquie Lee - Broken Ones
    Blue
    Machine Gun Kelly - Raise The Flag
    Against The Current - Gravity
    And the one that makes me gag
    Leighton Meester - Heartstrings (gag)
    -Brought to u by Cole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glad u Agree with me that Bebe rexha I can't drinking about u Is the best song on hitnound

      Delete
  15. Jaquie Lee was on the was I like Broken Ones. HOW DO YOU LIKE I CAN'T STOP DRINKING ABOUT YOU!!!!!!

    Here is my hitbound order from best to worst:
    Not too cool to dance

    Lips are movin

    Superheros

    Heros

    I lived

    Young Blood

    Dangerous

    I bet my life

    Love like that

    Break the rules

    Infinity

    Let your hair down

    Weekend [Never heard]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because when i first listen to it
      hearts is in my eyes the tune is in my ears i decide it like it

      Delete
  16. wait I'm missing Yellow Flicker Beat, I've never heard that and ICSDAY between Let your hair down and infinity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What is Let your hair down and infinity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both songs. Let Your Hair Down is by Magic! and Infinity is by AJR.

      Delete
  18. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ICSDAY lovers!
    -Remy the (only?) ISCDAY hater (still)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand ICSDAY!!! If it debuts I will go crazy...

      Delete
  19. Adrian, it seems like the #45 spot has only been held by re-entrants or songs that have "failed." Have there been any debuts at #45?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. The lowest debut ever was Maroon 5 – One More Night at #44.

      Delete
    2. What's the highest debut ever?
      Sorry if I'm overcrowding you with questions, you just seem like the "curator" of the bunch to me. :)

      Delete
    3. Highest debut was Carly Rae jepsen with call me maybe. It debuted at #13 and is tied with timber for most weeks at #1, which is nine. Call me maybe was #1 for nine weeks in a row!

      Delete
  20. What does "failed" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did Pitbull/Kesha-Timber spent 9 weeks in a row at #1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in a row, but Timber did spend 9 overall weeks at #1.

      Delete
  22. Ed Sheeran-Don't is getting very overplayed so I will put it in red. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is the post coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I SADLY am back into She looks so perfect and Don't

    ReplyDelete
  25. if meghan trainers lips r movin debuts, can u put all about that bass in red and lips r movin in orange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. All About That Bass is indeed worse than Lips Are Movin'.

      Delete
    2. Maybe leave all about that bass in orange and lips r movin in red

      Delete
  26. aatb is bad lips are movin is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  27. MAGIC-Rude is gonna re-enter. I heard it on hits 1 yesterday

    ReplyDelete