Wednesday, November 26, 2014

2014 American Music Awards Review

On Sunday, the 2014 American Music Awards aired. What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna review the performances and list all the awards as well as the winners of each. So let's get right into it!


  • Taylor Swift – Blank Space


Taylor went on to her insane side during her performance of Blank Space. It was good. I can't really think of anything else to say though. So yeah. I give it and 8 out of 10.


  • Charli XCX – Boom Clap / Break The Rules

I don't think she did a good job in terms of her looks. Her shoes were kinda hideous. She performed Boom Clap for the first half of her performance. I really didn't like it. It got a little better during the second half when she performed Break The Rules. It was somewhat entertaining to watch. Overall, I give the performance a 5 out of 10

  • Magic!/Wyclef Jean – Rude

Boring, boring performance that wasn't interesting whatsoever. And Wyclef Jean did absolutely nothing to make the performance better. If anything, he made it worse. This performance is a 1 out of 10.

  • 5 Seconds Of Summer – What I Like About You

It was a good performance. During the performance, my dad kept telling me how this song is a remake of a song from 1980. But I really didn't care. I wouldn't say this performance was fantastic, but it was good. Luke and Ashton both get a 10 out of 10 for their looks. But the performance overall was a 7 out of 10.

  • Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life

Imagine Dragons never disappoint when it comes to the live performances. They did really well and got me more interested in the song. Well done. This performance is a 9 out of 10.

  • Sam Smith/A$AP Rocky – I'm Not The Only One

Sam Smith has so much soul in his voice. I absolutely love it. It seemed like an emotional performance for him. I loved everything up until A$AP Rocky came in and ruined it. There is no room for rap in this song nor does it even belong in this kind of song. This performance would be a 10 out of 10, but because A$AP Rocky ruined it with his horrible rap, it's an 8 out of 10.

  • Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy / Beg For It

The first half of the performance, where she performed Fancy was pretty bad. But then she started to perform Beg For It, which was okay. I'm really tired of Iggy Azalea. I would've loved to see her perform Black Widow. But of course, she didn't. Overall, this performance gets a 2 out of 10.

  • Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat

Uh oh. Lorde performed. You know what that means. It means she gave us some crazy-looking "dance moves". It was weird and creppy the first time, but now it's just funny and enjoyable to watch. And I love the song. Overall, it was really good. The only that concerns me a little is her singing. She sounds like she lost her voice or something. That wasn't very pleasing to listen to. But aside from that, everything else was really good. 9.5 out of 10.

  • Ariana Grande/The Weeknd – Problem / Break Free / Love Me Harder

I only signed up to listen to Love Me Harder. The first half with Problem and Break Free was very displeasing to watch and listen to as she attempted to sound good with a jazzy tune, but failed. Love Me Harder was okay. It seemed like The Weeknd had something growing out of his head. Either that or it's just his ridiculous looking hair style. It was not a pleasure to look at him. But it sounded okay. And clearly, Ariana's brother, Frankie Grande was happy to see her on stage as he was a little over-enthusiastic. Overall, it gets a 6 out of 10.

  • Pitbull/Ne-Yo – Don't Stop The Party / Fireball / Time Of Our Lives

The host of the entire show, Mr. Worldwide performed three songs like Ariana Grande. I didn't pay much attention to this performance as I was kinda bored. But it was okay overall. 7 out of 10.

  • Selena Gomez – The Heart Wants What It Wants

I loved this performance! It was a very passionate and emotional performance. My dad disagrees when I say it was one of the best performances of the night, mainly because she only sang. But Sam Smith only sang too and I'm pretty sure he really liked that one. But you can tell this was emotional as Selena was in tears. I loved it. Love the song and the performance. 10 out of 10!

  • One Direction – Night Changes

It was a passionate performance like Selena Gomez's performance. I got into the song a little more by this performance. And I think Louis, Liam, and Niall did a great job with their looks. Overall, the performance is a 7.5 out of 10.

  • Lil Wayne/Christina Milian – Start A Fire

I cannot emphasize enough how much Lil Wayne sucks. He can't rap, he can't look good, he can't do good. This performance was so bad that I actually thought about ranking this a negative number out of 10. But I decided not to. Overall, it's a 0 out of 10.

  • Nicki Minaj/Skylar Grey – Bed Of Lies

It's a very emotional song. Kinda like Pills N Potions, but better. Skylar Grey did a good job. Obviously, Nicki did a great job as well. Great job ladies. 9 out of 10.

Okay. For the rest, I'm only giving the rankings.

  • Fergie/YG – L.A. Love (La La)

8.5 out of 10.

  • Garth Brooks – People Loving People

1 out of 10.

  • Mary J. Blige – Therapy

9.5 out of 10.

  • Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang

10 out of 10.

  • Jennifer Lopez/Iggy Azalea – Booty

9 out of 10.

Awards:

~ Artist Of The Year: One Direction

~ New Artist Of The Year Presented By Kohl's: 5 Seconds Of Summer

~ Dick Clark Award For Excellence: Taylor Swift

~ Single Of The Year: Katy Perry/Juicy J – Dark Horse

~ Favorite Male Artist – Pop/Rock: Sam Smith

~ Favorite Female Artist – Pop/Rock: Katy Perry

~ Favorite Band/Duo/Group – Pop/Rock: One Direction

~ Favorite Album – Pop/Rock: One Direction – Midnight Memories

~ Favorite Male Artist – Country: Luke Bryan

~ Favorite Female Artist – Country: Carrie Underwood

~ Favorite Band/Duo/Group – Country: Florida Georgia Line

~ Favorite Album – Country: Brantley Gilbert – Just As I Am

~ Favorite Artist – Hip-Hop/Rap: Iggy Azalea

~ Favorite Album – Hip-Hop/Rap: Iggy Azalea – The New Classic

~ Favorite Male Artist – R&B/Soul: John Legend

~ Favorite Female Artist – R&B/Soul: Beyoncé

~ Favorite Album – R&B/Soul: Beyoncé Beyoncé

~ Favorite Artist – Alternative/Rock: Imagine Dragons

~ Favorite Artist – Adult Contemporary: Katy Perry

~ Favorite Artist – Latin: Enrique Iglesias

~ Favorite Artist – Electronic Dance Music (EDM): Calvin Harris

~ Top Soundtrack: Frozen

That's it and goodnight!

Top 5 Performances
1. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
2. Selena Gomez – The Heart Wants What It Wants
3. Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat
4. Mary J. Blige – Therapy
5. Jennifer Lopez/Iggy Azalea – Booty

Bottom 5 Performances
5. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy
4. Charli XCX – Boom Clap
3. Garth Brooks – People Loving People
2. Magic!/Wyclef Jean – Rude
1. Lil Wayne/Christina Milian – Start A Fire

22 comments:

  1. You said the Selena Gomez performance was the best and then bang bang

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Did anyone else watch the parade?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great Thanksgiving, Remy! What about you?

      Delete
    2. Remy, are you talking about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? And I had a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
    3. I had a good Thanksgiving. And yes, I watched the parade. The Madden Brothers were on, performing the song I know and hate. But they also had Nick Jonas, Meghan Trainor, and an interesting group called Before You Exit.

      Delete
    4. Yes. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
      -Remy

      Delete
    5. They also had MKTO, The Vamps, and Pentatonix. I think everyone but The Vamps and Nick Jonas were lip-syncing.

      Delete
  4. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I know Trance was unhappy that the Madden Brother performed We Are Done but Me and My Mom sung to that song. Anyone wanting to do a countdown prediction today or no? Are you still with your family but I am and my parents are letting me write this note. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit 45 Chart is out! Find out if Calvin Harris feat. John Newman – Blame will hold #1 for a tenth week in a row!!!

    Hit 45 Chart – Week Of November 29, 2014

    ReplyDelete
  6. I predict and hope that Shake It Off will rattle and roll out of the top spot and be succeeded by Centuries or Animals (preferably the former).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, am I wrong?



      For trying to reach the things that just can't be?

      (I know those aren't the lyrics, I just switched them up.)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. If Shake It Off would be number one every OTHER week, it wouldn't be as annoying. Just saying.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a reply, no offense!

      Delete
  8. Good news and bad news:

    Good news: Never Been In Love re-entered.
    Bad news: It was #44.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biggest DRRROPPPP!!!!!!!!…of the Week: Take Me to Church by Hozier (-17)
    Biggest Jump of the Week: Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars (+17)
    #1 Song of the Week: Shake It the Heck Off by Taylor Freakin' Swift

    Something tells me that last song has reached its permanent position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biggest jumps were up 13, not 17.
      -Remy-os

      Delete
  11. Did they just play Break the Rules twice on Hitbound?



    YES THEY DID!! WHAT???

    ReplyDelete