Saturday, November 1, 2014

Taylor Swift (5) – Week Of November 1, 2014


Hey guys! Hopefully, everyone had a nice Halloween! At least I did. But it was actually snowing where I was. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#21)
  • OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#33)
  • Taylor Swift – Welcome To New York (#34)
  • Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#44) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Jesse McCartney – Superbad (#45)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
The Countdown
45. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#25)
44. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#22)
43. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#27)
42. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#43)
41. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute (DEBUT)
40. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#26)
39. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#42)
38. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#41)
37. Gwen Stefani – Baby Don't Lie (DEBUT)
36. Hozier – Take Me To Church (DEBUT)
35. Ariana Grande – Problem (#36)
34. Magic! – Rude (#38)
33. MisterWives – Reflections (DEBUT)
32. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#23)
31. Mary Lambert – Secrets (#37)
30. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (DEBUT)
29. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#30)
28. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#40)
27. Big Data/Joywave – Dangerous (#39)
26. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#28)
25. Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer (#19)
24. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#32)
23. Fergie – L.A. Love (La La) (#31)
22. Maroon 5 – Maps (#13)
21. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (#17)
20. Vance Joy – Riptide (#35)
19. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame (#29)
18. Sheppard – Geronimo (#24)
17. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#12)
16. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love (#16)
15. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#4)
14. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#20)
13. Sam Smith – I'm Not The Only One (#18)
12. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#6)
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#8)
10. Maroon 5 – Animals (#3)
  9. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#2)
  8. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#11)
  7. MKTO – American Dream (#14)
  6. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#9)
  5. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#15)
  4. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#7)
  3. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#10)
  2. Ed Sheeran – Don't (#5)
  1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1) [5th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Kongos – Come With Me Now (–22)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Vance Joy – Riptide (+15)

New Entrants
~ We'll go from worst to best, starting off with MisterWives – Reflections. Her voice is super annoying and I see no good quality whatsoever in this song. It sucks so much. Hopefully, it doesn't stay long.

~ Next we have Taylor Swift – Blank Space. Once again, not as good as Out Of The Woods. But at least better than Welcome To New York. Watch Hits 1 start playing a new Taylor Swift song later this week and then this exit leaves next weekend.

~ I did not have a good initial reaction to Hozier – Take Me To Church. But after many more listens to it. It has grown on me. I really do like the meaning to it and it's a very sweet song.

~ The 2nd best entrant is Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute. It's a great song that I can't really go into details about. But the point is it's a really good song.

~ The best entrant is Gwen Stefani – Baby Don't Lie. It's a really catchy song that I hope stays a long time. Her voice is a little sketchy in the verses. But it's superior in the chorus.

Hit-Bound
~ AJR – Infinity is on Hit-Bound. It's decent-ish compared to the absolutely horryifying I'm Ready. I can tolerate it.

~ Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin' sucks like Title. Geez Meghan. Make some good music for once.

~ Bastille – Flaws is back on Hit-Bound. That's just what I needed. More crap on Hit-Bound.

~ Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat is on Hit-Bound. It's pretty good. I'll probably get sick of it really quickly though.

~ Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life is a HUGE disappointment. Out of all Imagine Dragons singles (Monster, Warriors, etc.) they picked this one. Ugh. Now Hits 1 will go absolutely crazy with this song.

~ Ariana Grande/The Weeknd – Love Me Harder and Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be) both aired a few times this week but didn't enter Hit-Bound.

Blurbs Don't Lie
~ Taylor Swift – Welcome To New York has now created a three-way-tie for the Most Hysterically Short Tenure on this countdown.

~ Ed Sheeran – Don't at #2? How about.......NO!!!

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect at #24? Can they not?

~ Thank god Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass dropped out of the Top 5. I can now stop worrying.

~ Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang should be in the Top 5. Not Break Free!!!

~ Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame is kinda skyrocketing up the American Top 40.

~ Jason Derulo – Trumpets will hopefully be leaving us very soon.

~ Let's give a moment to honor Kim Cesarion – Undressed for it's time and effort on this countdown. 

Calvin Harris' new album Motion is coming out on Tuesday! I'm so excited. I know it's gonna be phenomenal! I can't wait!

~ It's about time. It's about time a certain song that I loved at first, but got super sick of because of this station left. I'm really happy it left because every week I hated it even more and I blame it on Hits 1. Thank god this song did not last a year on this countdown. Goodbye OneRepublic – Counting Stars. You will most definitely not be missed.

~ So earlier this week, I hit 200,000 pageviews! It's so exciting! I kinda already have an idea for my 200,000 pageview special. I don't exactly know when I'm post it. But it will be soon. Once again, thanks guys for making this blog so popular that it's one of the top results on Google. I appreciate it very much! You guys are incredible.

~ Best song on Jenna Marbles' #YouTube15: Ricky Dillon – Nobody

My Top 5 Picks  
1. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
2. Gwen Stefani – Baby Don't Lie
3. Fergie – L.A. Love (La La)
4. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love
5. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute

84 comments:

  1. Congrats on 200k! Just wanted to let you know there are anonymous people out there who look forward to your posts each week, like me! So then I know when to listen to the countdown! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best song on the Youtube 15 is Ok Go-I Won't Let You Down.The second best is Jimmy Fallon/Will.I.Am-Ew! I don't understand why you guys hate it and the third best is a tie between Ricky Dillion-Nobody and Sabrina Carpenter-Middle Of Starting Over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of you don't listen to it but Venus plays parrashute too much and I'm too used to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Jimmy Fallon/William-Ew because the best sounds horrible and it is a bad song about Jimmy Fallon being dressed up as a girl. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew jimmy Fallon sings... Well... Talk raps

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey remy. If you want to chat with me, you can. And others can too.
    - Jason Rearick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do u think that Bebe rexha I can't stop drinking about you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I'm Leah from the future. This is one of the first comments I ever made.

      Delete
    2. Hello. I'm Leah from the future. This is one of the first comments I ever made.

      Delete
  8. Because Its a song by her. The tune,her voice, everything just listen to the music video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the song before. It's pretty good. The song is on Hits 1's new music show, Hit-Bound. It will probably come on the countdown very soon.

      Delete
    2. Well I listen to it a few times and I should wait a few more weekends to get it on the countdown

      Delete
    3. Hit-Bound is a music show that aires on Hits 1 every weekend along with the Weekend Countdown. The show usually plays new music that usually ends up on the Weekend Countdown at some point. Most of the songs currently on the Weekend Countdown came from Hit-Bound. However, not every song on Hit-Bound makes it debut on the Weekend Countdown. But the majority do.

      Delete
  9. Hitbound List 11-1-14 Hosted By Taylor Swift

    1. Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life

    2. Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin

    3. Mr Probz and Robin Schulz - Waves

    4. Bea Miller - Young Blood

    5. Charli XCX - Break The Rules

    6. Tiffany Houghton - Love Like That

    7. OneRepublic - I Lived

    8. Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat

    9. David Guetta and Sam Martin - Dangerous

    10. Bastille- Flaws

    11. AJR - Infinity

    12. Bebe Rexah - I Can't Stop Drinking About You

    13. Eden XO - (Not) Too Cool To Dance

    14. Magic! - Let Your Hair Down

    15. Priory - Weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope that the week of nov,15,2014s hit bound host is demi lovato

      Delete
  10. I had never heard of Imagine Dragons-I Bet My Life, Meghan Trainor-Lips Are Movin, Priory-Weekend, Lorde-Yellow Flicker Beat, David Guetta/Sam Martin-Dangerous and AJR-Infinity. I don't know who Sam Martin and Priory are. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you list the full YouTube 15 by Jenna Marbles this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he can't than I will. My post will be out either tonight, tomorrow, or Tuesday.

      Delete
    2. Okay thank you. I'm just trying to find out if a song called Little Game by Benny was played. <3

      Delete
  12. No I don't listen to the Youtube 15 show that often.Jack

    ReplyDelete
  13. YouTube 15 post show? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in the middle of starting over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is Sabrina Carpenter-In The Middle Of Starting Over still trending on the Youtube 15 because I had not heard at all this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good. Hopefully Sabrina Carpenter-The Middle Of Starting Over will trend on the Youtube 15 for a while. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sabrina Carpenter stars in the Disney Channel show Girl Meets World.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who listens to all the 15 songs on Youtube each Weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacks Billboard hot 100 top 10 review:
    10. Good
    9. Same as 10
    8. Stay where you are
    7. Same as 8
    6. Same as 7 and8
    5. Same as 9 and 10
    4. Keep rising!!!
    3. Hopefully your other song reaches the top 10
    2. Ok we'll the battle is almost over but Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora-Black Widow is #1 on the VH1 Top 20 video countdown and #9 here and #3 on the American Top 40
    1. I understand this. Your album came out. I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you download the Sirius XM App and have an online account. You can listen to each YouTube 15 Hitbound and Weekend Countdown when you want.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah but only on the weekends. And Friday Night for Youtube 15 and Saturday-Tuesday for the weekend countdown because Veterans Day is on Tuesday. And of course Hitbound will be on Saturday,Sunday,Monday and Tuesday. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Imagine Dragons- I Bet My Life is absolutely terrible thus far. Major disapointment in a band I thought did wonderful comebacks. This one was just bad.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Bet My Life is okay, but it's certainly not Imagine Dragons' best. But then again, this is coming from the one dude who was excited when Demons re-entered.

      Delete
  25. I've got a good feeling that Don't is going to be this week's number one.
    I'm all for it. Anything but Shake It Off. If that song breaks the record…no. I don't wanna think about it. Not that it's bad, it's just had waaaay too much time at #1.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Imagine Dragons-Demons is going to reenter the countdown? Seriously? Did it reenter already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never said it was going to re-enter. It already re-entered once.

      Delete
  27. I hate to admit it, but I'm slowly starting to actually kinda sorta LIKE ICSDAY
    Can you believe it?
    -Remy the (former) ICSDAY hater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been liking it. But do you know what song I actually really like now?!



      Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life

      Delete
    2. (spits out fluid that I've been drinking)
      SAY WHAT????????
      -Remy the IBML hater (new least favorite song)

      Delete
    3. I mean, I thought we would bond together to form an anti-IBML squad!
      C'mon now!
      -Remy

      Delete
    4. It has unfortunately grown on me. But hey, one less song I hate.

      Delete
    5. Is... is this the end of days?

      Delete
  28. I never heard Imagine Dragons-Bet My Life. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  29. BREAKING NEWS: ALL ABOUT THAT BASS IS AT #35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. We continue our coverage with Flaws at #34.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Superheroes and heroes are on hitbound!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Guys I know I haven't been on lately and the first thing I'm postings is mytop 45 chart yes I finally had the time to do it and Lance ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES and Imagine Dragons-I bet My Life is a good song which is in green but it is very similar to Kongos-Come With Me Now

    ReplyDelete
  33. RUDE FINALLY LEFT!
    WHY DID FLAWS DEBUT!
    SUPEHEROS AMD HEROS ARE ON HITBOUND {YAY}

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey guys VH1 is playing throwback videos from like Ingrid Michaelson and Fitz and The Tatanrums on the top 20 countdown. Jim Shearer is not refreshing the top 20. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anybody else think Dangerous by Big Data and Joywave should be replaced by Dangerous by David Guetta and Sam Martin?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Here's the top 10.
    !!!!!!!!SPOILERS AFTER THIS!!!!!





    Okay. Here we go
    Down 2 spots to #10: Cool Kids by Echosmith.
    Down 6 to #9: Black Widow by Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora.
    Back down 4 to #8: Centuries by Fall Out Boy.
    Back up 4 spots to #7: Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer.
    Holding in at #6: Habits by Tove Lo.
    Up 2 to a new high of #5: American Dream by MKTO.
    Back up 6 to #4: Animals by Maroon 5.
    Up 2 more to #3: Break Free by Ariana Grande and Zedd.
    Steady at #2: Don't by Ed Sheeran.
    And...holding at #1 for the fifth week in a row and a sixth week overall:


    The Fox by Ylvis.




    Just kidding!
    It's (unfortunately) Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.

    5 consecutive weeks at #1? Crazy! Adrian, when was the last time a song was at #1 for this long? (I know She Looks So Perfect spent 4 consecutive weeks on top over the http://img3.douban.com/lpic/s27243632.jpg)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Break Free needs to leave the top 10 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  38. can someone post the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Countdown post may be coming out tomorrow. I got a lot of things going on today.

      Delete
    2. If someone can give me the countdown or post it in a comment I can post today?

      Delete
    3. "Ask, and ye shall receive."

      Songs leaving:
      Secrets (#31)
      Rude (#34)

      45. Trumpets
      44. Stay With Me
      43. Fireball
      42. Young Volcanoes
      41. This Is How We Do
      40. Come With Me Now
      39. Boom Clap
      38. Maps
      37. Jealous
      36. Love Runs Out
      35. All About That Bass
      34. Flaws
      33. Problem
      32. Waves
      31. She Looks So Perfect
      30. Ghost
      29. Fancy
      28. Take Me to Church
      27. L.A. Love (La La)
      26. Riptide
      25. Parachute
      24. Reflections
      23. Blank Space
      22. My Sweet Summer
      21. Somebody to You
      20. Dangerous
      19. Baby Don't Lie
      18. Never Been in Love
      17. In Your Arms
      16. Geronimo
      15. Blame
      14. I'm Not the Only One
      13. Bang Bang
      12. Steal My Girl
      11. Rather Be
      10. Cool Kids
      9. Black Widow
      8. Centuries
      7. Amnesia
      6. Habits
      5. American Dream
      4. Animals
      3. Break Free
      2. Don't
      1. Shake It Off (6 weeks on top?!?!)

      Delete
    4. I'm greedy but I need where they were last week to like (#34)?

      Delete
  39. For once, a Taylor Swift song other than Shake It Off has stayed on the countdown for a second week.
    So did Flaws and Waves debut?
    Review coming out in a sec.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello? Biggest jump? Biggest DROP!!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biggest DROP!!!: Boom Clap (-27)
      Second Biggest DROP!!!: All About That Bass (-26)
      Biggest Jump: Somebody to You (+19)
      Second Biggest Jump: Baby Don't Lie (+18)

      Delete
  41. Also Hello? Hit bound?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Adrian, if AATB leaves, and fancy leaves, what will be orange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trumpets. But after that, probably Reflections or Flaws.

      Delete
  43. Remy's Countdown Review- Week of November 8th, 2014

    Songs Leaving:
    x31. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    x34. Well I know someone's happy right now...

    The Countdown
    45. Wrong Direction.
    44. LEAVE ALREADY
    43. pfft :P
    42. same as 44
    41. be-gone party? soon?
    40. God, here's another one of those "bottom-dwellers"
    39. Very well deserved biggest drop. It got old too quick for all of us.
    38. meh
    37. meh
    36. meh
    35. WTH?!?!?! Has it become another Fancy?
    34. #secondbestdebutoftheweek
    33. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    32. #bestdebutoftheweek (the best one came out on top!)
    31. meh
    30. meh
    29. GET OUT OF THE FREAKIN COUNTDOWN YOU LITTLE PIECE OF CRAP
    28. meh
    27. meh
    26. #bestsongonthecountdown
    25. meh
    24. meh
    23. This managed to stay on? For two weeks? That's a record! (for a non-S.I.O. T-Swift song)
    22. meh
    21. Biggest jump song I'm guessing (thanks Thatchos)
    20. The better Dangerous out of the two
    19. BOOYAH BABY!
    18. meh
    17. meh
    16. meh
    15. #secondbestsongonthecountdown
    14. #thirdbsotc (is it okay if I abbreviate?)
    13. meh
    12. meh
    11. meh
    10. meh
    9. meh
    8. meh
    7. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (yes it deserved that many O's)
    6. meh
    5. meh
    4. meh
    3. NOT Top 3 worthy! C'mon people!
    2. meh
    1. 5th consecutive week, and 6th time overall? I'm okay with it, but we need more of her on this countdown! Not just this overplayed one and the other underplayed one!

    Hit-bound review coming tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Adrian, come on, just because it's inappropriate, why do you have to hate trumpets? If I were you, I would say flaws, but i don't want to see trumpets orange! Just do reflections, or something stupid

    ReplyDelete
  45. I actually LIKE trumpets [I'm getting sick of it though]. After AATB I'd put fancy then young volcanoes then come with me now then flaws

    ReplyDelete
  46. HITBOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!ANYBODY?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. is blame still purple?

    ReplyDelete
  48. can u post ur post now i check yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  49. Replies
    1. I just find it really annoying. I'm not into all the regae in the song. There is such thing as too much.

      Delete
    2. oh whats so bad about fancy i love that song its number 1 a few months ago

      Delete
  50. and the trumpets they go, THIS SONG IS PRETTY GOOD YA IT IS PRETTY GOOD I SAY IT'S PRETTY GOOD YA. and the trumpets they go

    ReplyDelete