Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Shawn Mendes (2) – Week Of July 8, 2017

This post did come out a little later than I had intended. My apologizes. The next one should be out before the end of the week and have all the usual content. In the meantime, this is another short post. But it's not like anything really went on this week anyway. No songs leaving the countdown this week, so let's get right into it!



Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
The Countdown
45. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things (#45)
44. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap (#42)
43. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#41)
42. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#44) [3 Weeks At #1]
41. Niall Horan – This Town (#43)
40. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla (#30)
39. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#40) [4 Weeks At #1]
38. Aaron Carter – Sooner Or Later (#38)
37. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#39)
36. Jon Bellion – Overwhelming (#34)
35. Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (#31)
34. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper – I'm The One (#26)
33. Maroon 5 – Cold (#33)
32. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#24) [8 Weeks At #1]
31. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#27)
30. Erin Bowman – Good Time Good Life (#37)
29. Train – Play That Song (#25)
28. Noah Cyrus – Stay Together (#35)
27. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#18) [1 Week At #1]
26. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#29)
25. Miley Cyrus – Malibu (#22)
24. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club (#32)
23. AJR – Weak (#23)
22. Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls (#21)
21. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#20)
20. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar (#17)
19. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#19)
18. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#15)
17. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels (#28)
16. Julia Michaels – Issues (#7)
15. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (#36)
14. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#16)
13. Charlie Puth – Attention (#10)
12. Halsey – Now Or Never (#12)
11. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#11) [9 Weeks At #1]
10. The Chainsmokers – Paris (#14) [1 Week At #1]
  9. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#9)
  8. Lady Gaga – The Cure (#8)
  7. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (#13)
  6. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#6)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
  4. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#4) [3 Weeks At #1]
  3. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#3)
  2. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#2) [3 Weeks At #1]
  1. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#5) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign – Swalla (–10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (+21)

New Entrants
~ I apologize, but the new entrants from these past two weeks will all be reviewed next week. There were none this week, but there were two last week (Feels and Crying In The Club). Those will both be reviewed in the next post (this time I swear).


Blurbs
~ Blurbs will also return next week (I promise this time). I apologize for not having them this week. However, I do still have a Top 20 review for you guys.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
19. Julia Michaels – Issues

1 – Bad:
18. Halsey – Now Or Never
17. Imagine Dragons – Believer

2 – Mediocre:
16. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road

3 – Decent:
15. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You

4 – Good:
14. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay

5 – Great:
13. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go
12. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
11. Niall Horan – Slow Hands
10. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy
9. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
8. Charlie Puth – Attention
7. The Chainsmokers – Paris
6. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
5. Lady Gaga – The Cure
4. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito
3. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
2. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This

Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C+)


Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#7)


My Top 5 Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
2. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels
3. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me
4. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito
5. Miley Cyrus – Malibu

63 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SO5Lo-k7KU

    Thunder, feel the thunder. thunder, thu- thu- thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Please be nice to Adrian, Gelography - Geography and Clash Stream Appearances.

      Delete
    2. Please go away Chasetronaut in the house.

      Delete
  3. But what about your personal Top 45 chart? Is it officially dead, or will we get a revival?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i agree. When will we get another Hit 45 Chart post?!

      Delete
    2. Hi Gelography - Geography and Clash Stream Appearances, I'm Chasetronaut.

      Delete
  4. I wish we could back to when Adrian was in 10th grade most of his posts were never delayed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It debuted in March this year. Does anyone even like this song still?

      Delete
    2. December, actually. And it already left last week, so y'all don't have to worry about it anymore.

      Delete
    3. @Gelography: Jack had it in green its entire tenure, because Taylor Swift, so instant perma-green for him there.

      Delete
    4. Don't forget I used to have it in my top 10 during it's run on the Hot 100.

      Delete
    5. Because it is super duper old.

      Delete
  6. You have BLAbR in red but as mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news for Bad Liar haters: It's flopping pretty badly on radio charts so it may not be around here for much longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY?! Bad Liar was flopping pretty badly on radio charts?

      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. DO you have to keep on being so overly dramatic every time a song you like is flopping, losing steam naturally, or when a song you hate is doing well?

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Wait a second....

    Body Like A Back Road is in red and it's in the mediocre list. Songs that are in red should not be in the mediocre list. They're supposed to be in the bad or the crap list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, my sister won't leave me alone in my room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. But what about the 7/15/17 post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll get to it when he gets to it, hopefully by week's end.

      Delete
  11. One of them Linkin Park singers commuted suicide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of like what you thought about doing months ago?

      Delete
    2. Leah: Yeah, I heard. Pretty sad. I'd listened to some of their music and kinda liked it.

      Anonymous: https://tinyurl.com/y75thpue

      Delete
    3. That is sad, why is this week just filled with sad/bad news. First Senator McCain (R-AZ) is diagnosed with brain cancer, OJ Simpson is granted parole after 8 years since a botched robbery, and now Chester Bennington of Linkin Park dies. Geez this is awful.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I'm just trying to be nice to my friends.

      Delete
    6. Hey Leah, I love your new icon.

      Delete
    7. Thanks! I love Arisugawa Himari so I made it my icon.

      Delete
    8. He was the one who sang "Heavy"? Omg that's really sad, especially since we got to hear him sing in the last few months of his life. Sending my prayers!

      What's almost as sad is that I'm in a community where people like Anonymous think they should be as b*tchy as they want to be. Telling a minor you don't even know to commit suicide is f**king disgusting.

      Delete
    9. He's the lead singer and front man of Linkin Park. Why do you just think of the most recent song, and not his better works like Numb or In The End.

      Delete
    10. Miles, it doesn't matter right now. Folks, I want everyone to listen for a second. This is not the time to criticize his recent work. Now is the time to remember all of his music. It's a very sad day in the music industry.

      I have a lot to talk about in my next post. In fact, I plan on doing a special post sometime next week about Linkin Park.

      Delete
    11. Miles: And didn't he say he knew recent music a lot better than older music? So he might not be familiar with those songs.

      Delete
    12. I'm familiar with "Numb/Encore", but not "In the End".

      Delete
  12. BREAKING NEWS:

    LINKIN PARK LEAD SINGER CHESTER BENNINGTON HAS DIED!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now listen up. All the Linkin Park lovers are going to Chester Bennington's funeral, because he died.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shadow Of The Day played on Hits 1 on my way home from work, right after the What's Trending, where Chester Bennington's suicide was the very last thing they mentioned. Yeah. It's not much of a surprise there. I'm totally fine with it as long as it doesn't become another Welcome To The Black Parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard it too. It's just really sad to hear about Linkin Park's Chester Bennington. I'll have more words in my next post. I'm planning on doing a special post on Linkin Park as well.

      Delete
  15. What I want to know is why did he did? Was it stress from the critical consensus of his latest album, depression, from all the hate, just what was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my mom says it was most likely because he took drugs during his lifetime, and when you take drugs like that it permanently messes up your brain. So that's my best bet for now.

      Delete
  16. http://kworb.net/pop/

    So basically, everything above In The End suffered some sort of impact as it's sales weakened.

    ReplyDelete

  17. You shout it out
    But I can't hear a word you say
    I'm talking loud not saying much
    I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
    You shoot me down, but I get up
    I'm bulletproof nothing to lose
    Fire away, fire away
    Ricochet, you take your aim
    Fire away, fire away
    You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
    You shoot me down but I won't fall
    I am titanium, I am titanium, I am titanium, I am titanium
    Cut me down
    But it's you who has further to fall
    Ghost town, haunted love
    Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
    I'm talking loud not saying much
    I'm bulletproof nothing to lose
    Fire away, fire away
    Ricochet, you take your aim
    Fire away, fire away
    You shoot me down but I won't fall
    I am titanium
    You shoot me down but I won't fall
    I am titanium, I am titanium
    Stone-hard, machine gun
    Firing at the ones who run
    Stone-hard, thus bulletproof glass
    You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
    You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
    You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
    You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
    I am titanium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great throwback song from mid 2012.

      Delete
    2. That's Titanium by David Guetta and Sia.

      Delete
  18. Wutchuwant Countdown tonight:
    #15. Most Girls
    #14. L.A. Devotee
    #13. Wild Thoughts
    #12. Castle On The Hill
    #11. Now Or Never
    #10. Weak
    #9. Two Ghosts
    #8. It Ain't Me
    #7. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
    #6. Sweat
    #5. Strip That Down
    #4. Believer
    #3. Versace In The Floor
    #2. Attention
    #1. Something Just Like This

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updated Predictions:

      Exits:
      Bad Things
      Don't Wanna Know
      Just Hold On
      This Town

      Entrants:
      Wild Thoughts
      Sorry Not Sorry
      Praying
      Thunder

      Biggest Drop: Issues

      Biggest Jump: Versace On The Floor

      #1: Something Just Like This

      Hit-Bound Entrants:
      Two Ghosts
      Sweat
      Fetish
      IDK what the fourth song could be.

      Delete
    2. If wild thoughts debuts at #13 it's going to have the highest debut tying the record with Carly Rae Jaspen Call Me Maybe from 2012

      Delete
  19. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 7/22/17?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here are my weekend countdown predictions for 7/22/17:

    Exits:
    Bad Things
    Just Hold On
    This Town
    Redbone

    Entrants:
    Hard Times
    Thunder
    Cut To The Feeling
    Good Times

    #1: Something Just Like This

    Biggest Drop: Paris

    Biggest Jump: I'm The One

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    Get Low
    Two Ghosts
    Sweat
    Fetish

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel like this week is becoming the next 2016 because of celebrity deaths and bad news this week it's kinda a bad week in the blogging community

    ReplyDelete