Saturday, July 29, 2017

America's Got Talent: Judge Cuts Week 1

Now that the auditions are over, all the acts that advanced have one more performance before it is decided whether or not they'll be advancing to the live shows. There are four weeks of Judge Cuts. Each week, 20 acts perform, but only 7 can advance. Each week, a new guest judge joins the judging panel and they are given one golden buzzer to use on an act they love to send them straight to the live shows, giving them one of the 7 spots.


So here is my review for the first week of AGT's Judge Cuts.


Week 1:


This week, comedian and television host Chris Hardwick joined the judging panel. He's most known for hosting AMC's The Talking Dead and NBC's The Wall.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ-i5mE0G58
Link to Judges' Comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YSG71PUxkw
~ Sara & Hero: Sara & Hero are a dog act. They basically just do a bunch of tricks, but they also have a storyline added to the performance. They got a little bit of a mixed reaction for their audition and just barely got three yes'. This time around, I do think they definitely stepped it up. There were better tricks and there was a better storyline. I don't like very many dog acts because they usually get pretty boring. But I definitely enjoyed this performance. However, I don't think it's something that'll necessarily go far. But it was good.



Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrCnWTVxY0&t=4s (0:09 - 0:30)
~ The Baker Family: The Baker Family are a bluegrass band. Their performance was really short and really wasn't anything amazing. They were okay, but with how short the act was, it's likely they aren't going through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrCnWTVxY0&t=4s (0:36 - 0:48)
~ Mariachi Nuevo Santander: These guys are a mariachi group. My review for them is practically as the Baker Family. Their performance was very short and it was only okay. So they're probably not going through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrCnWTVxY0&t=4s
Link to Judges' Comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JNMbdVuW_Q
~ The Masqueraders: The Masqueraders are a vocal group. Each member is over 70 years old and they've been singing for a good 50 years. They've been trying to make it big, but it just never happened. So now here they are. I really liked their audition and I really like this performance as well. They are very talented singers and I'm glad they decided to come on the show because they have some true talent. My guess is that they'll be going through and they'll probably get pretty far.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW6ZYK16N2c
~ Eric Jennifer: Eric is a comedian. His act was short and really bad. His jokes weren't that funny, him constantly saying, "Make some NOISE," got old really quick, and his presentation was just really annoying. Simon Cowell and Heidi Klum both buzzed the act. Hopefully, he won't go through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cngtKAndtTs
~ Harrison Greenbaum: Harrison is a comedian. Right off the bat, he was much better than Eric. His act was good, but I liked his audition better. This one felt pretty short and not every joke hit me as funny when I first heard them. He might go through, but probably not.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm_Ub29ZxVU
~ Dancing Pumpkin Man: Dancing Pumpkin Man is a dancer. Apparently, this guy had some kind of video that went viral. But I didn't actually know anything about him until his audition. While he's not the best dancer in the world, he is pretty funny. I enjoyed the performance in more of a guilty pleasure kind of way. It's a pretty bad act, but I just enjoy it because it's funny. Heidi Klum buzzed the act, so I have my doubts about him going through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9NTyv7Cc0
~ Tom London: Tom London is a magician. What he does is he combines magic and technology and creates something that's never been done before. I loved his audition and his performance this time around was really good as well. I've never seen this kind of magic before and it's quite amazing. I have no idea how he did it. He's one of my picks to go through to the live shows.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAfmrQfW8OY
~ Eric Jones: Eric Jones is a magician. He does more simple magic with a pack of playing cards. Not exactly anything new, but still good. I'm having a really hard time believing that he changed the back of a card with just the snap of a finger. I've never seen that before and I have no idea how he did that. And somehow, the card with Chris Hardwick's signature magically moved inside of Simon Cowell's buzzer. I honestly have no idea how he did that. I thought it was really good. He might go through, but I'm not too sure.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGahIBbj-wg
Link to Judges' Comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iStuYtTcvrI
~ Angelica Hale: Angelica is a singer. She's only nine years old and was able to nail Rise Up by Andra Day for her audition, which is a difficult song to sing. Now she picked even more of a difficult song, Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys, and once again nailed it. It's unbelievable how she can hit such high notes at that young age. I thought she was incredible and one of the best performances of the night. Chris Hardwick obviously agreed as he chose to give her his one golden buzzer for the night, sending her straight through to the live shows giving her one of the 7 spots. I'm happy with this decision and I know she's gonna go far.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJlCkZN9AoM (0:00 - 0:48)
~ Danylo & Oskar: Danylo and Oskar are an acrobatic duo. They're also father and son, which I think is really cool. I really liked their audition and I enjoyed this performance as well. They really changed it up this time around. However, the act was really short. So they may not make it through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJlCkZN9AoM (0:49 - 1:28)
~ Lera & Nika Tomanova: Lera and Nika are an aerial duo. Their act was similar to Danylo and Oskar where the act was really short. Their wasn't really too much interesting stuff going on anyway. It was okay. But they're most likely not making through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cYrRNcsBA
~ Yosein Chi: Yosein is a hand balancer. Out of all the hand balancing acts I've seen, this is probably one of the most dangerous. He even balanced his whole body with just his head on a glass. Then he balanced himself over a bunch of knives. It was pretty terrifying. I'd say he could be a contender for the live shows. But I'm not too sure.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kgki6lHszU
~ Darcy Callus: Darcy is a singer and keyboardist. I remember really enjoying his first audition. His performance this time around was really good as well. He's got a really good voice. And he's pretty cute. But the act was relatively short. So although I want him to go through, he probably won't.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FprPq4Mk5t0
~ Carlos De Antonis: Carlos is an opera singer. Usually I don't have much interest in the opera singers because they all usually sound the same. But I do really like this guy. He's such a likable person and I love his presentation. He may not have the best voice out there, but he puts a smile on my face from the moment he walks out on stage. He could be a contender for the live shows, but I'm not too sure.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWf3KwurWyM
~ Canion Shijirbat: Canion is a multimedia dancer. His act is something that I've seen done before many times and also done better. I liked his audition better. This performance felt pretty boring if you ask me. Heidi Klum and Simon Cowell both buzzed the act. So he's most likely not going through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbVtR0cDO8U
~ Just Jerk: Just Jerk are a hip-hop dance group. They're probably one of the best dance groups I've ever seen on America's Got Talent. It's incredible how in sync they are and I love how smooth their moves were. Like Simon Cowell said, it was like a machine. Considering that we don't get very many dance acts, I feel like they'll have a spot in the live shows.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5eKiM1YHQ
~ Maw Kitty: Maw Kitty is a singer. I'm not entirely sure how she got through the auditions. I thought she was pretty bad. Her voice sucked and she seemed to only be there for Simon. Mel B and Howie Mandel both buzzed the act. So hopefully, she won't be going through.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJ9S7cL7hQ
~ The Singing Trump: The Singing Trump is an impersonator for Donald Trump. I honestly love this guy because he's just like Trump. And he can entertain. I love how he chose those two Backstreet Boys songs. I also love how he brought his Secret Service as backup dancers. I honestly just loved the whole act. This is originality at its best and I know this guy is going to go far. If he doesn't make it through, it's obviously rigged. I hope he makes it through because he will help make America's Got Talent great again.


Link to Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T53bybf1pU
~ Demian Aditya: Demian is an escape artist. His performance took place outside as he buried himself in chains. His goal was to escape from there before he ran out of air. There was a camera inside so everyone could see what he was doing on this big monitor. Of course the camera went out and everyone was freaking out until one of the guys filling the hole with dirt ended up actually being him. It's really weird and I don't know how he does it. And I think his wife is acting because I'm sure she would've seen the rehearsal. Overall, it is a good act and I think he'll make it through.


Results:

Link to Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MAZKmnl_g
Link to Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx_psZgpE8A

Acts Moving Forward:


  • Angelica Hale, singer (Golden Buzzer)
  • The Masqueraders, vocal group
  • Sara & Hero, dog act
  • The Singing Trump, impersonator
  • Just Jerk, hip-hop dance group
  • Demian Aditya, escape artist
  • Eric Jones, magician

My Top 5 Acts
1. The Singing Trump
2. Angelica Hale
3. Just Jerk
4. Dancing Pumpkin Man
5. Darcy Callus

66 comments:

  1. What's the whole countdown so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I've read so far:

      #1 - Believer

      Debuts:
      • Linkin Park - One More Light
      • Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back to You (YES!)

      Exits:
      • Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (from #34)
      • Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (from #40)

      HitBound:
      Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
      Kesha - Praying
      Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
      Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
      Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
      Imagine Dragons - Thunder
      Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
      Andy grammer - Give Love
      Shawn Hook/Vanessa Hudgens - Reminding Me
      Chainsmokers - Honest
      Mansionz/G-Eazy - Wicked (I think)
      Paramore - Hard Times
      Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low (same as Wicked) (DEBUT?)

      Delete
    2. Top 10 entrant:
      Halsey - Now or Never (#10)

      Delete
    3. Uh oh Adrian isn't going to be happy about Believer hitting #1

      Delete
  2. When are you posting the 7/22 countdown and this weeks countdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will do it when he can, so be patient. He said he is still catching up on the countdown.

      Delete
  3. Sorry for making him rush it's just that I miss the time when he used to have his countdown posts on time and what's annoying is when he puts a countdown post out very late it's rushed and sometimes he has to skip the blurbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then tomorrow he'll release the 7/22 rankdown, hopefully though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I was too busy paying attention to the 2000s rankdown on Pulse, I forgot that I said rankdown. I do mean The Weekend Countdown, but I doubt he'd actually release it tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it Monday though. I hope that won't be the case though.

      Delete
    2. Lol we love rankdowns too much don't we. :P

      Delete
    3. I know right! There's at least 7 or 8 I'm doing or have done currently.

      Delete
  5. Nooooo, I loved make some noise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Adrian, bad news. I heard Believer was #1 on the weekend countdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And bad news for Body Like A Back Road haters: It debuted the top 5.

      Delete
  7. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/top-10-best-songs-of-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited to see Adrian's reaction to Believer at #1. I'm going to laugh very hard if I hear his reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey guys, my countdown post will be out tomorrow. In case anyone's wondering, here's the full countdown for this week:

    45. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (#33)
    44. Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#45)
    43. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#44) [3 Weeks At #1]
    42. DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber and Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#43)
    41. Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd - Starving (#42) [4 Weeks At #1]
    40. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times (#41)
    39. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (#28)
    38. Aaron Carter - Sooner Or Later (#38)
    37. Linkin Park - One More Light (DEBUT)
    36. Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club (#36)
    35. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#39)
    34. Louis Tomlinson featuring Bebe Rexha and Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (DEBUT)
    33. Train - Play That Song (#29)
    32. The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey - Closer (#27) [8 Weeks At #1]
    31. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#31)
    30. Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor (#30)
    29. MAX featuring Gnash - Lights Down Low (#26)
    28. DJ Khaled featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#32)
    27. Julia Michaels - Issues (#24)
    26. Childish Gambino - Redbone (#25)
    25. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#20)
    24. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#17) [1 Week At #1]
    23. AJR - Weak (#14)
    22. Kygo featuring Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#8)
    21. All Time Low - Good Times (#37)
    20. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#21) [1 Week At #1]
    19. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#35)
    18. Luis Fonsi featuring Justin Bieber and Daddy Yankee - Despacito (#23)
    17. Linkin Park featuring Kiiara - Heavy (#22)
    16. Calvin Harris featuring Pharrell and Katy Perry - Feels (#19)
    15. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#18)
    14. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#7)
    13. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#17)
    12. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#15)
    11. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#12) [9 Weeks At #1]
    10. Halsey - Now Or Never (#13)
    9. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#6)
    8. The Chainsmokers featuring Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
    7. Charlie Puth - Attention (#10)
    6. Zedd featuring Alessia Cara - Stay (#3) [4 Weeks At #1]
    5. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#10)
    4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#9)
    3. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#4) [3 Weeks At #1]
    2. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]

    And finally (brace yourselves, guys)....





















































    1. Imagine Dragons - Believer [1st Week At #1]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extra:

      Biggest Jump: All Time Low - Good Times/Fall Out Boy - Champion (+16)
      Biggest Drop: Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (-14)

      Exits:
      - Jon Bellion - Overwhelming (#34)
      - Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life (#40) [sorry WAMB10]

      Delete
  10. It is Sunday and I am the only one with the post (I get first place)

    http://hits1weekendcountdownmusic.blogspot.com/2017/07/imagine-dragons-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a second....

      I heard It Ain't Me had the biggest DDDDDDDRRRRRRROOOOOOOPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! of the week!

      Delete
    2. The one thing I should say that best describes that song having the biggest Drop of the week:

      GAY.

      Delete
    3. Stop using that word to describe things.

      Delete
    4. And stop spamming the comments in general Chase.

      Delete
    5. Miles, I'm Chase, but he's not. He's ATR.

      Delete
  11. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/top-10-best-songs-of-2016.html

    So, remember my best songs of 2016, and how I half-assed it on purpose. Well, I decided to redo that and make it a lot better, and less half-assed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My countdown post is out! Enjoy!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/07/imagine-dragons-1-week-of-july-29-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Montavis Hill is a good man and he loves listening to Hip-Hop music, just like Parker.

      Delete
  13. So they're still playing Hey Bulldog. I'm okay with this, as long as it doesn't become the next Welcome To The Black Parade. (Then again, that song is MUCH less suited for the radio given it's five minutes long and wasn't cut down at all while they were playing it.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now, here are all the 1-5 week tenured songs SXM had:
    1 week:
    Turn Down For What
    Welcome To New York
    Erase Me
    Flaws
    Body & Soul
    Good Life (G-Eazy)

    2 weeks:
    All The Way
    Everyday
    Right Now
    Dangerous (David Guetta)
    Heart Made Up On You
    Hideaway (Kiesza)
    At My Best
    Still Got Time

    3 weeks:
    Turn The Night Up
    Gentleman
    Rise
    Ugly Heart
    Somebody Loves You
    Cheyenne
    Beautiful Now
    The Fix
    OctaHate
    Nothing Without Love
    Weekend
    All About It
    Hotline Bling
    Old School Love
    The Little Things
    El Taxi
    Sound Of Your Heart

    4 weeks:
    Give It 2 U
    Red Lights
    Rock N Roll
    Made In The USA
    Wild Wild Love
    Young Blood
    Doing It
    Hula Hoop
    XO
    Dare You
    Break My Heart

    5 weeks:
    Girls
    Baby Don't Lie
    Guys My Age
    #Beautiful
    Made In Gold
    All About Us
    All In My Head (Flex)
    The Night Is Still Young
    Focus
    Shower
    Wait On Me
    We Are Done
    Therapy
    Infinity (AJR)
    Yellow Flicker Beat
    Pumpin' Blood
    (Not) Too Cool To Dance
    Good Time Good Life
    Overwhelming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deserved a longer tenure:

      2 weeks:
      Still Got Time

      3 weeks:
      All About It
      The Little Things

      4 weeks:
      Hula Hoop

      5 weeks:
      Guys My Age
      Made In Gold
      Focus

      Delete
    2. Cake was also four weeks (debuted 4/22, departed 5/20).

      Delete
    3. Also Too cool to dance and Yellow Flicker Beat were 5 week tenures

      Delete
    4. And El Taxi ,Sound of your heart ,Beautiful Now ,Weekend were 3 week tenures and Everyday and Dangerous were 2 week tenures and At my best was a 2 week Tenure and Break my heart was a 4 week tenure

      Delete
    5. And also Doing it was a 4 week tenure

      Delete
    6. But they were all listed there.

      Delete
    7. Deserved a Longer Tenure:

      1 Week:
      Turn Down For What
      Good Life

      2 Weeks:
      All The Way
      Heart Made Up On You
      At My Best

      3 Weeks:
      Rose
      All About It

      4 Weeks:
      Give It 2 U
      Made In The USA
      Wild Wild Love
      Doing It
      Hula Hoop
      Break My Heart

      5 Weeks:
      Guys My Age
      All About Us
      All In My Head (Flex)
      Focus
      Shower
      We Are Done
      Pumpin' Blood
      (Not) Too Cool To Dance
      Good Time Good Life

      Delete
    8. Add Octahate to the 3 weeks and The Night Is Still Young to the 5 weeks.

      Delete
    9. And Everyday to the 2 weeks.

      Delete
    10. Deserved better:

      Turn Down For What
      Everyday
      At My Best
      Still Got Time
      Rise
      Cheyenne
      Beautiful Now
      The Fix
      Hotline Bling
      El Taxi
      Sound of Your Heart
      Hula Hoop
      All About Us
      All In My Head (Flex)
      The Night Is Still Young
      Focus

      Delete
    11. You forgot Good News as a 3 weeker.

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  16. Hey guys! July 1st Hot 45 Chart has been released.

    Link: http://hotfortyfive.blogspot.com/2017/07/week-of-july-1-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adrian, why do you hate Eric Jennifer's act?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ATR, excuse me for a moment. I have some good news about Camila Cabello doing her new songs "Havana" with Young Thug and "OMG" with Quavo.

      Delete
    2. What does Camila Cabello's music have anything to do with AGT acts?

      Delete
  18. Adrian, are you going to post another countdown soon?

    ReplyDelete
  19. HARD TIMES WILL LAST LONGER THAN UR FACE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. #troll
      #chastronautinthehousedisguise'
      #banchase
      #banATR

      Delete