Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Hailee Steinfeld & Grey (1) – Week Of December 17, 2016

Hey guys. I apologize for the late post. This week is finals week for me. And on top of studying for these tests, I've also had a ton of work that was due on Monday, which was the last day before finals. So that's why I could not get this out over the weekend. Also because of how busy I've been, I have not looked at the comment section at all since Saturday morning. So if you tried to tell me something in the comments, I'm sorry but I did not see it. But as finals continue, my stress level is decreasing as well as the amount of work I have to do. So that's nice. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (#36)
  • Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#39) [5 Weeks At #1]

Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better
The Countdown
45. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys (#44)
44. Calvin Harris – My Way (#45)
43. Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire (#41)
42. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#42) [2 Weeks At #1]
41. DNCE – Body Moves (#37)
40. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#43) [1 Week At #1]
39. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (DEBUT)
38. Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes (#20)
37. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#30) [3 Weeks At #1]
36. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling (#34) [10 Weeks At #1]
35. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#33)
34. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U (#29)
33. Charli XCX – After The Afterparty (#40)
32. John Legend – Love Me Now (#38)
31. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#31)
30. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water (#28)
29. Lady Gaga – Million Reasons (#32)
28. Runaground – Chase You Down (#26)
27. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#16)
26. Zayn/Taylor Swift – I Don't Wanna Live Forever (DEBUT)
25. Bastille – Good Grief (#24)
24. Fifth Harmony – That's My Girl (#25)
23. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#35)
22. Ariana Grande – Into You (#9)
21. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#27)
20. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#19)
19. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#18)
18. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (#23)
17. OneRepublic – Kids (#12)
16. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight (#15)
15. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#17)
14. Train – Play That Song (#14)
13. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#7)
12. Adele – Water Under The Bridge (#22)
11. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#21)
10. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
  9. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#8)
  8. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love (#11)
  7. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#6) [1 Week At #1]
  6. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#13)
  5. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#10)
  4. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#5)
  3. Niall Horan – This Town (#4)
  2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#3) [8 Weeks At #1]
  1. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Adele – Hello

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (+12)

New Entrants
~ First up, we have the return of Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift on the new single from Fifty Shades Darker, I Don't Wanna Live Forever. Fifty Shades Of Grey easily had one of the best soundtracks of the year with songs like Earned It by The Weeknd and the incredible Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. I can easily say that I Don't Wanna Live Forever does not top either of these songs. I mean, it is a good song. But my main issue with this song is Zayn's falsetto. I'm not loving that part. But I do really like what Taylor Swift has to offer. I did have this song in blue last week and it managed to cross over to green. But it can easily change back. I'll consider this song good for the time being. But I already know it's not gonna stick with me in the long run.

~ Next we have the return of Steve Aoki since Linkin Park – A Light That Never Comes, which ranked as my #1 song of 2013. He's back along with One Direction member Louis Tomlinson with Just Hold On. This song is reportedly about Louis' mother, who sadly passed away recently. I do really like this song. Sure, it doesn't top some of Steve Aoki's previous work (A Light That Never Comes). But I love the vocals on this track. Louis Tomlinson has always been my favorite from One Direction and his voice shines bright in this song. Good beat, great vocals. Ultimately, it's a really good song. And I gotta say, by having Louis Tomlinson as the featured vocalist, Steve Aoki just got himself a big hit.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Lukas Graham – You're Not There
  • Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things
  • Hey Violet – Guys My Age
  • Shawn Mendes – Mercy
  • Dua Lipa – Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
  • Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap
  • Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
  • Gavin DeGraw – She Sets The City On Fire
  • Bruno Mars – Versace On The Floor (DEBUT)
  • Maty Noyes – In My Mind
  • Daya – Words
  • Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
  • Rihanna – Love On The Brain

~ Nothing interesting going on really. We lost Captain Cuts – Love Like We Used To for whatever reason and now we have 13 songs on Hit-Bound.

Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Shawn Mendes – Mercy
2. Gavin DeGraw – She Sets The City On Fire
3. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello – Bad Things
4. Fitz & The Tantrums – HandClap
5. Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex


YouTube15
~ Here is the list for this week's edition of the YouTube15, which I haven't done in a while:

  • Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side
  • Gnash/Johnny Yukon – Home
  • Shane Harper – Like I Did
  • The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy
  • Whethan/Flux Pavilion/MAX – Savage
  • Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
  • G-Eazy/Dana – Vengeance On My Mind
  • The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
  • Z/Fetty Wap – Nobody's Better
  • Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better
  • Dawin – Jumpshot
  • Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
  • Noah Cyrus/Labrinth – Make Me (Cry)
  • Rae Sremmurd/Gucci Mane – Black Beatles
  • The Chainsmokers/XYLO – Setting Fires

~ I think G-Eazy is probably one of the best rappers of the year. Vengeance On My Mind is really good in my opinion. I love his verses and I think Dana does an excellent job in the chorus. If it were up to me, I'd say this song should be a big hit.

~ I think the big reason as to why I love Savage is that I love the beat. The drop is really cool and infectious. MAX's vocals sound really good. But it was the drop that really grabbed my attention.

~ Nobody's Better is another one of my favorites. Despite me finding Fetty Wap to be one of the most annoying vocalists alive, he actually sounds really good in this track. I still can't understand what he's saying, but the song itself is still really catchy.

~ Dawin continues to unimpress me with his annoying beats and obnoxious drops. Someone seriously needs to just tell this guy to stop. He's trying too hard and it's not working.

~ No, what you are seeing is not an error. Black Beatles has officially become one of my biggest guilty pleasures of 2016, up there with Meghan Trainor – Me Too. It's catchy beat and I actually really like the vibe to it. So no, I do not hate every rap song out there today. I despise most of them. But there are those few that come every now and then that are just undeniably catchy.

Top 5 YouTube15 Picks
1. Whethan/Flux Pavilion/MAX – Savage
2. G-Eazy/Dana – Vengeance On My Mind
3. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy
4. Z/Fetty Wap – Nobody's Better
5. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side


I Don't Wanna Blurb Forever
~ So Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving is somehow the #1 song in North America. I honestly think Love Myself would've had a better chance at #1 than this considering that that song is actually better. Not to say that this isn't good, but it's being ranked much higher than it should.

~ It's pretty clear that if Maroon 5 doesn't have a Top 5 hit on this countdown, there's something wrong. So Don't Wanna Know hitting the Top 5 was very expected and it was really just a matter of when it would do it.

~ Speaking of Maroon 5, I did hear Moves Like Jagger a few times within last week and early this week. If you're like me when that song comes on and you turn the volume all the way up dancing like crazy while singing Christina Aguilera's verse at the top of your lungs, you could probably become my new best friend.

~ Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love has jumped into the Top 10, making it Martin Garrix's best performing song on this countdown (even though this is only his second one). But I have really been enjoying this song a lot lately. So I'm happy to see it have some success.

~ Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side finally jumped pretty high all the way up to #11. This can only mean one thing: Ariana Grande – Into You finally dropped out of the Top 20. Thankfully it didn't get as bad as Dangerous Woman, I am getting pretty sick of this song and it's about time that it dropped.

~ Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty also took a long-awaited drop out of the Top 20. I did grow back into this song very slightly. My friend had a dance project she had to do where she had to choreograph her own dance and she wanted me to be her partner. She picked this song and after having to deal with constantly listening to this song as we practiced, I just started to slightly enjoy it again. But now that it's over it'll probably go back to the way it was before.

~ Lady Gaga – Million Reasons and John Legend – Love Me Now both jumped much less than I thought they would. Although I don't care about the latter as much, it's still a really sweet song that easily surpasses some of the songs that are ranked above it.

~ The big drop from Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes was very much needed and is very appreciated. Now let's get it out of the countdown.

~ I have to say, I am very pleased by these exits. This Is What You Came For was long overdue and easily one of the most overrated songs of the year. But what I actually believe was the most overrated song of the year has left as well, and that song is Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out. I'll say this: It's about damn time! We will leave it at that.

~ I'm sure anyone that has been on social media within the past day knows about Camila Cabello's departure from Fifth Harmony. These girls have been going strong for the past few years and it is unfortunate that one member decided to leave the group. But honestly I kind of did see this coming. Camila has been doing quite a few projects outside of Fifth Harmony. So seeing her want to go solo did not surprise me that much. We'll see if the remaining four will able to continue on without her.

~ The Hit 45 Chart is currently being worked on and will be out hopefully today or tomorrow.

Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
19. X Ambassadors – Unsteady

1 – Bad:
NONE

2 – Mediocre:
18. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better

3 – Decent:
17. Niall Horan – This Town

4 – Good:
16. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight
15. Train – Play That Song
14. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens

5 – Great:
13. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know
12. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving
11. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
10. Adele – Water Under The Bridge
9. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor
8. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
7. OneRepublic – Kids
6. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side
5. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy
3. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love
2. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
1. Jon Bellion – All Time Low

Total Score: 82/100


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Coldplay – Yellow

Most Missed Countdown Song: Maroon 5/Christina Aguilera – Moves Like Jagger

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Marshmello/Wrabel – Ritual

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Justin Bieber – Sorry and Panic! At The Disco – Victorious


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Jon Bellion – All Time Low
1. TIE: Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
3. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
4. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love
5. Runaground – Chase You Down

141 comments:

  1. If you're like me when that song comes on and you turn the volume all the way up dancing like crazy while singing Christina Aguilera's verse at the top of your lungs, you could probably become my new best friend.

    I do that sometimes, but mostly when I'm alone so I don't get publicly humiliated.

    Also first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered to say this; Mariah Carey is gonna be performing at Times Square on New Years Eve, right before the ball drops. I know Adrian and WAMB10 don't like Maraih, but I needed to mention it. And it will be on ABC's New Year's Rockin' Eve with, the one, the only, Ryan Seacrest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Beatles in green? That was unexpected. Also, nice post, and I guess you remembered the HFTW/purple thing from last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is After The Afterparty in red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not him, but I would think Charli's voice has something to do with it, as he mentioned last week he didn't like her voice in that song. I kinda have to agree with him, because I don't really like it that much either.

      Delete
    2. And Hymn For the Weekend in purple, 24K Magic in orange, Guys My Age in blue, and Versace on the Floor in red?

      Delete
    3. Again, I'm not him, but comments on those songs:

      - For 24K Magic & Versace On the Floor: He's still too sick of Bruno Mars at this point.
      - Hymn For the Weekend: No need to explain.
      - Guys My Age: I think he explained that last week, though not much detail.

      And another question while we're at it: what's so bad about Make Me (Cry)?

      Delete
    4. I can see the hate for Make Me (Cry), although I don't mind it. He said Guys My Age was too weird, which I can see.

      BUT AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DISLKIKES BLACK BEATLES THAT DOESNT HATE EVERY SINGLE HIP HOP SONG?

      Delete
    5. If I had to choose between green (great/good), blue (decent), yellow (mediocre), or red (bad/shit) for BB, I think I would choose blue.

      As for Make Me (Cry)? Well...I could C/P what Spectrum Pulse said about it the week that Starboy flooded the Hot 100, but I don't want to be like Miles always C/P'ing word for word from TheDoubleAgent (no offense to him if he sees this).

      Delete
    6. As a Guys My Age lover, I think that the only weird part of it is the strange modified vocals (or whatever you call it) in the "never going back" part.

      Delete
    7. I actually think that's the best part. It's not a bad song. I like it :)

      Delete
  5. Black Beatles is different, that's what I love about it. Stressed Out was definitely not overrated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree with you about Stressed Out. Adrian thinks otherwise, though; he's happy to see it gone. Still, it's very disappointing (for me, Scott, Miles, and many others) to see it leave without lasting a year.

      Delete
  6. Black Beatles would kind of be in green for me too now. I love Jumpshot though.

    Also, try to guess what my favorite countdown song besides Closer and CSTF is! It might be a little hard, but it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Just Hold On, but I have a gut feeling that it's Chase You Down.

      Delete
    2. Nope. Here's a hint: It moved less than five spots this week.

      Delete
    3. It's one of the following, I know it:

      ITAPII
      Body Moves
      IHUILU
      Ride
      Cold Water
      Good Grief
      That's My Girl
      Let Me Love You
      The Greatest
      Greenlight
      Play That Song
      Death of a Bachelor
      Don't Wanna Know
      This Town
      Starving

      If I were to guess out of those choices, it would be Greenlight. I have a feeling now that that's the one.

      Delete
    4. It is one of those, but it's not Greenlight. Another hint: It jumped less than 5 spots.

      Delete
    5. That's My Girl
      The Greatest
      Don't Wanna Know
      This Town
      Starving

      I'm guessing That's My Girl this time.

      Delete
    6. Let Me Love You or That's My Girl

      Delete
    7. It can't be Don't wanna know or the greatest, because they jumped more than 4 spots, and it can't be let me love you, because he said it jumped.

      Delete
    8. 4 things:
      - The Greatest is really good but not one of my favorites.
      - Don't Wanna Know is only okay for now.
      - I don't like This Town, Starving, or Let Me Love You.
      - ...which means that yes, it is That's My Girl. It's not necessarily amazing, but it is good. It also means that Closer and CSTF are the only two amazing songs on the countdown, which shows a little something...

      Delete
    9. How is CSTF still amazing?

      Delete
    10. And can you do a Hit-Bound review in this comments section?

      Delete
    11. No because I haven't heard half the songs on there.

      Delete
    12. So you don't think Starboy is quite as good then?

      Delete
  7. UGH!!! HOW DO I USE SPOTIFY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can someone do a top 20 review of 20 bloggers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that's a very good idea. It's one thing to rank songs, it's another thing to rank people.

      Delete
    2. Okay I'm sorry for my rudeness I'm new and I hope we can make up.

      Delete
    3. No offense, but I did come up with a list of the top 10 bloggers and top 5 worst. I won't say it though.

      Delete
    4. I think i'm probably in the top 10 and i know who's in the 5 worst, but your #1, i know that.

      Delete
    5. Let me guess who's in the 5 worst:

      Miles
      WAMB10
      Leah
      Chase
      That Anonymous person who said to not look at graham's stupid post.

      Delete
    6. I can only tell you that at least 1 of those people are correct. There may be 2, 3, 4, or even all 5 too. But I'm not telling you that.

      Delete
    7. I'm just wondering, if you are knew, I'm sorry. But if you're the person who said my post was awful, why do you have to tell me that?

      And I'm just wondering, am I in the top 10? I'm not going to ask anything else, because I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but I'm going to be wondering nonstop if I don't find out. I'm like that lol.

      Delete
    8. This will be the final thing I say about this situation:










      Yes, you probably would be, Graham. :)

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    11. Fine, you make me feel bad :(

      Delete
    12. Daniel, I would NEVER EVER want you to feel bad or hurt your feelings. I was actually pretty nervous for those 15 minutes just waiting. I am already used to you as a commenter, and I think you are doing a great job. I'm sorry.

      Delete
    13. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    14. I know, your not even the one that brought it up.

      Delete
  9. One more time, PLEASE VOTE for the final round of the Billboard Hot 100 poll. I have 5 responses, I would like at least 7. If you have not voted, please do soon! The top two songs are:

    Kent Jones - Don't Mind
    G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself and I

    Link: https://goo.gl/forms/1pJ5n221SRR8BPYE3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song by the person that Trump wouldn't like as much must win!

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry i'm VERY Late with y adult pop charts again, i'll try to be sooner, but the ones for last week are out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new entrants blurbs are out.

      Delete
  11. Is it just me, or does i don't wanna live forever sound kind of like love me like you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it would sound more like Army.

      Delete
    2. Nah, doesn't sound like it.

      Delete
    3. It sounds like another song but I don't know what.

      Delete
    4. No, but Army sounds very similar to Love Me Like You Do though.

      Delete
  12. I should have mentioned this yesterday, but new music alert and possible future hit: AJR - Weak




    This is slowly climbing up the global Spotify chart, and I should also mention that this is also quite good. And finally it's a song by the group that doesn't start with the letter I.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Yeah, we get it, the last basketball you won, you won, now stop putting random trash into this blog.

      Delete
  14. Upcoming albums for 2017:

    January 20th: The Last Text- ***** *********

    January 27th: Youth- Tinie Tempah
    A Girl, a Bottle, a Boat- Train

    TBA: Double Dutchess- Fergie
    Digital Distortion- Iggy Azalea
    Music is The Weapon- Major Lazer
    TBA- Zara Larsson

    March 31st: The Ride- Nelly Furtado

    May: TBA- Charli XCX

    June: TBA- Kelly Clarkson

    TBA: Kaleidoscope- Coldplay
    The Search For Everything- John Mayer
    TBA- Katy Perry
    TBA- Kylie Minogue
    Climate Change- Pitbull
    TBA- Tove Lo

    TBA stands for To Be Announced. I feel like I have to put that disclaimer because of Chase and Leah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes, I know there are a lot more upcoming albums, but I did the ones I felt were worth recognizing.

      Delete
    2. Aha! The last text is from Jacob Satorius!

      Delete
    3. Wow I totally did not notice this at all! Thanks Leah!

      That was sarcasm by the way.

      Delete
  15. Been workin' at your service to give it to ya, didn't mean to make ya nervous you mutha fucka.

    Yes I think its safe to say I now have my official guilty pleasure of 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that means you now have a new #1 song. It all makes sense now, the song you've complained about for the past nine months is now your #1 worst song of he year.














      You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work
      But you gotta put in work, work, work, work, work, work, work
      You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work
      Let my body do the work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work
      We can work from home, oh, oh, oh oh
      We can work from home, oh, oh, oh oh

      Delete
    2. No actually.

      I've actually found a song that's much worse.

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness...

      What could possibly be worse than that for you at this point?

      Delete
    4. Wait and find out.

      Now, I gotta bounce. I'll release my BBH100 post later this afternoon, around 2:30PM EST at the earliest.

      Delete
    5. I posted by bottom 5 songs of 2016 on the post below:

      siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com

      Delete
  16. Well, Next week is the year end countdown. What do y'all think will be number 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CSTF or Stressed Out. I'm hoping it's Stressed Out.

      Delete
    2. It'll probably be Stressed Out, because while CSTF had more weeks at #1, Stressed Out was there first.

      Delete
    3. I'm hoping it's CSTF but it'll probably be Stressed Out.

      Delete
    4. I doubt it will be Closer.

      Delete
  17. Adrian, just some questions I wanna ask you (and can you be specific with your answers please?)

    - What made you hate Heartbeat Song to the point where you had to put it in orange last year?
    - As much as you rant about TIWYCF, are there any EDM songs worse than this or do you think TIWYCF is as bad as it gets?
    - Would you consider Jumpshot to be worse than Dessert, or are they both equally bad? Also, if it were to debut on Hits 1, would it be in your bottom 5 of 2017?
    - Besides Moves Like Jagger, do you have a favorite song from Christina Aguilera?
    - Is it too late now to say Sorry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hope he doesn't find TIWYCF as bad as it gets, because that song started off at least decent for him.

      And as far as Christina Aguilera goes, I know he was a big fan of Feel This Moment from Pitbull in 2013.

      Delete
  18. So does anybody know exactly when the final Top 45 countdown will be? Because based on what Spyder said before introducing Body Moves this past one, we may be getting two countdowns in one day. I wouldn't think that's the case, but we'll find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this Saturday. That's what it says on the Hits 1 part of SXM's website.

      Delete
  19. Can you put this blog in the other blogs section

    Siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollow Man, I'm Chasetronaut in the House!

      Delete
    2. we do not care aboot saying hello to people loser!

      Delete
    3. Don't call him a loser, that's not nice.

      Delete
  20. It doesn't look like we will get any new entrants this week unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, you're probably right because I haven't heard any HitBound music this week.

      Delete
    2. Maybe this week will be a replacement for the common no-exit week for New Year's.

      Delete
  21. So I'm officially out of school until January 9th, which means more time for me to catch up some posts I'm behind on. So expect the COAEP Top 50 Songs of the year to be out by tomorrow or Friday, and the Billboard Year-End review to be out a day or two after the COAEP chart.

    Also, #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Migos/Lil Uzi Vert - Bad and Boujee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last day is Friday, and I get back in on January 3. You are so lucky!

      Delete
    2. Same as parker, get let out of school on the 23rd and come back on the 9th

      Delete
    3. I get out tomorrow and also get back on the ninth! Yay!

      Delete
    4. Yeah, stop falling asleep! it's simple, if your too tired, go to sleep.

      Delete
  22. Final results of Hot 100 poll:

    Don't Mind vs. Me, Myself and I: The latter wins 4-2. Sorry Parker. :|

    ReplyDelete
  23. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/12/billboard-hot-100-123116-black-beatles.html

    BBH100 post is out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. don't read the words below.

    i told you not to

    ReplyDelete
  25. Countdown songs sorted by length:
    3:02 Starving
    3:05 Cold Water
    3:08 Treat You Better
    3:14 Unsteady
    3:16 In the Name of Love
    3:16 Heathens
    3:18 I Took a Pill in Ibiza
    3:18 Fresh Eyes
    3:19 Just Hold On
    3:22 Sit Still, Look Pretty
    3:24 That's My Girl
    3:24 Death of a Bachelor
    3:25 Million Reasons
    3:26 Let Me Love You
    3:26 Good Grief
    3:29 Don't Let Me Down
    3:30 Love Me Now
    3:31 The Greatest
    3:31 Say You Won't Let Go
    3:33 Chase You Down
    3:33 Hymn For the Weekend
    3:34 Don't Wanna Know
    3:35 Ride
    3:36 Girls Talk Boys
    3:38 All Time Low
    3:39 My Way
    3:39 Setting the World on Fire
    3:39 After the Afterparty
    3:43 Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
    3:45 Cheap Thrills
    3:46 24K Magic
    3:46 Side to Side
    3:50 Scars to Your Beautiful
    3:50 Starboy
    3:53 This Town
    3:56 Body Moves
    3:58 Can't Stop the Feeling
    3:58 Kids
    4:00 Water Under the Bridge
    4:01 Play That Song
    4:04 Greenlight
    4:04 Into You
    4:05 I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    4:06 Closer
    4:11 I Hate U, I Love U

    Hit-Bound songs sorted by length:
    2:59 Blow Your Mind (Meah)
    3:13 HandClap
    3:23 You're Not There
    3:29 Mercy
    3:32 Guys My Age
    3:32 In My Mind
    3:33 Words
    3:39 She Sets the City on Fire
    3:44 Love On the Brain
    (3:47 Love Like We Used To)
    3:59 Bad Things
    4:06 Shout Out to My Ex
    4:20 Dancing On My Own
    4:21 Versace On the Floor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I know about COAEP is the shortest and longest song.

      Shortest song: A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - My S**t (2:09)
      Longest song: Migos/Lil Uzi Vert - Bad and Boujee (5:34)

      Delete
    2. Those songs both hold the records for the shortest and longest song to chart. However, Bad and Boujee's record is tied with Kanye West/Various Artists - Champions.

      Delete
    3. Shortest and longest on #40Friday:

      Current shortest: Zay/Zayion - Juju on That Beat (2:24)
      Current longest: Marshmello - Alone (4:34)
      Record shortest: Danger Twins - Radar (2:15)
      Record longest: Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey - The Little Things (4:46)

      Delete
    4. Shortest song I've ever heard before: Piko Taro - PPAP (0:51 I think)
      Longest song I've ever heard: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - White Privilege II (8:45)

      Delete
    5. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=10SnNfxjAI8

      Delete
    6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGOT4d2Hs8

      Delete
    7. Shortest song on my Spotify: Dora the Explorer - We Did It (0:37) (well this is awkward :D)
      Longest song on my Spotify: Justin Timberlake - True Blood (9:31)

      Delete
    8. That's what I've listened to. I haven't really listened to either of those.

      Delete
  26. Just finished typing up the COAEP End-of-year chart. I just have to finish the stats and a few other things and it should be out by tomorrow morning. If you want to comment top 5 predictions right now you may do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3. CSTF
      2. Don't Mind
      1. Don't Hurt Me

      Delete
    2. I'll say that at least one of those is right. Not gonna say which one(s) or how many.

      Delete
  27. Blurbs! finished typing blurbs for adult pop chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S OUT! The whole post, IT'S OUT!!!!

      Delete
    2. PLEASE!!! WHY DOES NOBODY EVER COMMENT ON MY POSTS!!!

      Delete
    3. Dude, calm the fuck down! I want questions for my Q&A and I want comments on my blog, but you don't see me whining about it all the time.

      Delete
    4. also, by the way my billboard chart is out it you haven't seen it.

      Delete
    5. As I'm sure I've said before, not as many people are up on that matter as they are the matters that are discussed here. Just saying.

      Delete
  28. It's out! The COAEP Top 50 Songs of the Year is OUT!!! Check it out here:
    http://chilloutandeatpizza.blogspot.com/2016/12/chill-out-and-eat-pizza-top-50-charting.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. As of right now, I'd say Mercy is our only debut. But it's only Tuesday, so idk honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks like Hits 1's year-end list will first air on Saturday at 3pm EST.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just a heads up, the billboard adult pop chart is having a new #1.

    And at least two people won't be happy with it, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  32. May I remind everyone that voting is still up! I have extended the voting date until Tuesday, December 27th due to the lack of voting. There was definitely several more votes on this poll last year than what I have got this year. So, be of Christmas cheer and go give it another vote. Thanks everyone. And as I have said before, just do it as many times as YOU WANT. Thank you! Please read! Now, I will tell you when the Hot 45 Chart is out, which will most likely be 9:00 ET. Okay, here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/KGlIuarZYK6JMBN03 Love ya fam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voted. And I didn't vote in the hip hop songs category because I just could not pick between Panda, Broccoli, and Luv.

      Delete
  33. Looking back at my 5,000 pageview special I realized something; Emotions- Mariah Carey really should be #8, so push #Beautiful out of the top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Guys, just to let you know that I might not post a countdown next week because it's going to be 2017 and a delay as well. That's all I have to say


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. NEW MUSIC ALERT:
    Yo Gotti - White Friday (CM9) (New mixtape!)
    Chris Brown/Gucci Mane/Usher - Party
    YFN Lucci/PnB Rock - Everyday We Lit
    Gucci Mane/Bryson Tiller - Drove U Crazy
    Post Malone/Quavo - Congratulations
    Kid Cudi/Travi$ Scott - Baptized In Fire
    Big Sean - Moves
    And much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of rap, Young Thug was arrested at an Atlanta mall.

      Delete
  36. 5 minutes till Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  37. https://myweeklypreferences.blogspot.com/2016/12/lindsey-stirlingandrew-mcmahon-in.html?showComment=1482445174657#c6235087029041307061

    Why does this comment even exist

    ReplyDelete
  38. Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher is now in the hospital after suffering from a massive heart attack on a plane heading to LAX. She was most well known for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that is terrifying. I really hope that she's alright.

      But what will happen if she dies before the next film is finished?

      Delete
    2. Production will probably be halted for a while and recasting will take place. It'll probably be a while 'til the next episode of the franchise, if she does die that is.

      Delete
    3. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7633259/carrie-fisher-brother-says-actress-is-in-stable-condition-star-wars-princess-leia

      Delete
  39. Sorry for the wait, but I'm posting the #40Friday chart early tomorrow. I have already finished the chart though.

    ReplyDelete
  40. http://mytop50songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-50-songs-of-122416.html

    A "merry" special edition of my top 50 chart is out!

    ReplyDelete