Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Chainsmokers (5) – Week Of November 5, 2016

Hey guys. First off, I apologize for the delay. Once again, if I do not get these posts out over the weekend, they do not get posted for a while. Second, I'm sure we all heard about the results of 2016 Election that was held yesterday. Let's just say the person that won is not the same person who won on our poll on this site. If you want to see all the discussion about the election, you can find that in the comment section of my previous post, which was a really short post from Monday about the upcoming election. But now for the reason you're here: the Weekend Countdown! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Flume/Kai – Never Be Like You (#38)
  • AJR – I'm Not Famous (#42)
  • Lukas Graham – Mama Said (#44)

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
The Countdown
45. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (#45)
44. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore (#35)
43. Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion (#36)
42. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman (#41)
41. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#40) [2 Weeks At #1]
40. Demi Lovato – Body Say (#43)
39. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight (DEBUT)
38. P!nk – Just Like Fire (#39)
37. Calvin Harris – My Way (#32)
36. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys (#31)
35. Fifth Harmony – That's My Girl (DEBUT)
34. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (#37) [2 Weeks At #1]
33. Jon Bellion – All Time Low (DEBUT)
32. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#33) [1 Week At #1]
31. Runaground – Chase You Down (#34)
30. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
29. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#30)
28. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling (#20) [10 Weeks At #1]
27. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (#26)
26. Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes (#27)
25. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#24) [3 Weeks At #1]
24. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U (#23)
23. Nick Jonas – Bacon (#22)
22. Kiiara – Gold (#15)
21. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#17)
20. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (#28)
19. OneRepublic – Kids (#25)
18. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful (#16)
17. Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire (#21)
16. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest (#18)
15. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#19)
14. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (#13)
13. Niall Horan – This Town (#14)
12. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#7)
11. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (#12)
10. Ariana Grande – Into You (#9)
  9. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#10)
  8. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water (#3)
  7. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#8)
  6. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#6)
  5. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#5)
  4. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#4)
  3. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#11)
  2. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#2) [1 Week At #1]
  1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#1) [5th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Shawn Mendes – Stitches

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore (–9)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You and Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (+8)

New Entrants
~ Our first debut has been out for a while now and it was only a matter of time until it showed up here. It's Greenlight by Pitbull featuring Flo Rida and LunchMoney Lewis. I do think this is a rather interesting combination of artists. Pitbull has his typical verse where he goes on about some random shit no one can understand. Flo Rida's verse is pretty catchy. But I'm not a huge fan of LunchMoney Lewis handling the chorus. His voice does absolutely nothing for me. But it's much better than his short-lasting "hit single" Bills from last year. The main thing about this song that grabs my attention is the production. But that being said, it is not by any means that amazing of a song. It's one of those songs that's fun to jam out to every now and then.

~ Fifth Harmony is back.......again. After All In My Head flopped, they just needed to release a new single. Now That's My Girl definitely has its flaws. The horns in the background during the verses are rather obnoxious to listen to. But I gotta admit, I do think the rest of the song is a banger. The chorus is really loud, but really fun. I love the build-up to the chorus and by the time that chorus comes along, I will have the volume up as I jam out to it. It's just hard to resist, at least in my book. If it flops, I won't really care. But I am enjoying this song at the moment.

~ If I'm correct with my memory, I ranked Beautiful Now by Zedd at #12 or something like that for my Top 45 songs of 2015. Well the singer from that song, Jon Bellion, has debuted this week with some solo music. Let me just say right off the bat that his album, The Human Condition, is REALLY good. I definitely recommend it. From that, we have the single, All Time Low. I love this song. It's really catchy and really different. It's not exactly what we usually hear on the radio and I like that. I also love the voice effects in the chorus with the repetition of the word "low". Other than that, it's kind of one of those songs where I can't really explain why I love it so much. I just do. But it's probably because it's unique and different. Here's to hoping Hits 1 doesn't let this song flop, because I will be extremely saddened if that were to happen.


All Time Blurbs
~ So from what I have observed, it's pretty clear that DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You and Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water are going to continuously switch for which one is higher up on the countdown. I'm perfectly happy with it the way it is now - with Let Me Love You at the higher peak of #3, while Cold Water is a little lower, but still in the Top 10.

~ Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills has spent an extremely long time in the Top 10 for a song that hasn't even hit #1. Almost all of my friends are extremely sick of this song like I am. So with that being said, let's PLEASE get it out of the Top 10.

~ Also obnoxiously still in the Top 10, we have Twenty One Pilots – Ride. Enough with the overrating of Twenty One Pilots' music, Hits 1! This is beyond obnoxious. And the fact that Stressed Out is still here makes matters even worse and makes me want to scream.

~ So I just found out today that my mom does not like Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor. I do find that a little shocking since it does have this throwback vibe to it. My brother and I love it, and my dad likes it as well. Oh well. But then again, my mom was the reason why I got sick of Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) so quickly.

~ A lot of singles of been flopping on here lately. Katy Perry – Rise, Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion, The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy, etc. Here's to hoping Bruno Mars – 24K Magic follows in that path and flops soon. That song is only getting more and more annoying.

~ I've noticed this past week that Hits 1 has began playing the original version of Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U, which I'm happy about. I've only heard the remix once, and it's nowhere near as good as the original version. With a slow emotional song like this one, it's best if it's left untouched.

~ Obviously Closer, continuing to be the biggest song in the country, is having a serious run at #1. I've tried to avoid listening to it lately just so that I don't get sick of it so quickly. Same goes for Heathens. But that strategy does work sometimes.

~ Finally, I'd like to congratulate the Chicago Cubs for their victory last week as they won the 2016 World Series. Before last week, they haven't won a World Series since 1908, so this definitely was a big deal. And as someone who is from Chicago and has a dad that is a die-hard fan of the Cubs, I myself am a fan as well, hence why this site has this big design. But congrats to the Cubbies! I'm very happy for them. :)

~ The Hit 45 Chart is unfortunately still delayed as well. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day when I can get it out to you guys.

Top 20 Review
– Crap:
20. Twenty One Pilots – Ride
19. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
18. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty

1 – Bad:
17. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills

2 – Mediocre:
16. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better

3 – Decent:
15. Ariana Grande – Into You

4 – Good:
14. Niall Horan – This Town

5 – Great:
13. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving
12. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
11. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know
10. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water
9. OneRepublic – Kids
8. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
7. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
6. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
5. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You
4. Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire
3. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side
2. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor
1. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend

Total Score: 75/100 (Getting better)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Steve Goodman – Go Cubs Go

Most Missed Countdown Song: The Script/will.i.am – Hall Of Fame

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Tove Lo – Cool Girl

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: X Ambassadors – Renegades


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
1. TIE: Jon Bellion – All Time Low
3. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor
4. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side
5. TIE: Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire
5. TIE: Runaground – Chase You Down

227 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Don't say first because someone else is going to say...

      Delete
    2. #1 Recommendation for Everyone: The Weeknd - False Alarm

      Delete
    3. Not what I was expecting.

      Delete
    4. I completely disagree. Imo, it's the best song from The Weeknd.

      Delete
  2. Aha! I knew you were from Chicago! Or at least had the idea that you were from Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Okay if I can be honest for a sec, I fucking hate [Ride], everything about it. This is the Rude of 2016, shitty, pale, reggae beat over clusterfuck narrative. But this time instead of being weak sauce and bland, its blaring and grating. It has a very uncomfortable choice of synth and sub-bass, and Tyler Joseph's desperate bleating clearly isn't helping matters. I don't know how I ever liked this song and I never want to hear it again. Fuck this song, fuck this band, with their consent of course."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like Panic At The Disco - Death Of Bachelor either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom hates Death of a Bachelor. Tied for orange on the countdown.

      Delete
    2. So does mine. But hers is just red

      Delete
    3. I haven't heard Death of a Bachelor yet!

      Delete
    4. My mom doesn't like it either, she hates Panic! At The Disco.

      Delete
    5. My mom hates Victorious too.

      Delete
    6. Like about half the songs on the countdown

      Delete
  5. So how close is Cheap Thrills to the Crap tier?

    And seeing that third to last blurb, good to hear. You don't want Closer to do a Boom Clap and be in both purple and orange :P But seeing as a certain song is looking to dethrone it on the Hot 100 next week, it looks like it's about to suffer the same fate that Uptown Funk did in dominating for a long while before getting dethroned by something that came out of nowhere.

    Also, is it safe to say that Stressed Out has become the new Thinking Out Loud for you? Meanwhile, I'm hoping it lasts a year :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite song on the countdown is the same as Adrian's. I don't like All Time Low though. When Adrian mentions it I also always think of the band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Available for vote on Hits 1:
    Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
    Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love like We Used To
    Adele - Water Under the Bridge
    James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
    Daya - Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Unavailable for vote on Hits 1:
      P!NK - Just like Fire
      Fifth Harmony - Work from Home

      Delete
    3. Also Unavailable for vote on hits 1:
      Lady Gaga-Perfect Illusion
      Coldplay-Hymn For The Weekend

      Delete
    4. HFTW was never available for vote.

      - A Hits 1 Fan

      Delete
    5. I will delete Hymn for the Weekend right now! Lol.

      Delete
    6. Hymn for the Weekend will forever by on my saved songs on Spotify and it will never leave my heart

      Delete
  8. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: Tove Lo - True Disaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation For Adrian: Young Thug - Wyclef Jean

      Delete
  9. I cannot STAND All Time Low and I don't see how people like it. It's EXTREMELY repetitive and the word "Low" is pretty much all I heard when I listened to it. The looping beat just makes me want to rip my ears off, and the guy's voice is the same. It's currently the second worst song on the countdown behind Cheap Thrills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What??? Dude that's what makes the magic of the song for me. Plus unlike other stuff like Closer, it actually sounds different and unique and not bland Generic crap

      Delete
    2. Closer is just pure music with an amazing beat and vocals. It's such a fun song you can dance to at just about any party. All Time Low, however, isn't even music in my opinion. It's just awful vocals saying only "Low" over an annoying beat. I respect your opinion though.

      Delete
    3. Thank you ben for not absolutely adoring Closer like just about everyone else here, I do think certain YouTubers definitely have points when they slam the song, and no way is it worthy of being bigger than Uptown Funk, let alone One Sweet Day. x_x

      And wow Parker actually respecting an opinion for a change? What has this world come to???

      Delete
    4. I absolutely love All Time Low! It's really good but I can see myself getting bored of it (in like 9 months)

      And I don't love Closer as much so a few people here. Heck, it was in my bottom 20 at one point (even though that isn't so bad.) But I don't know why but I have been liking Closer so much so it's really good right now.

      Also, Parker what's so bad about Kids?!? It's the second best song on the countdown, right behind Hymn for the Weekend.

      Delete
  10. Adrian, can you add hit bound?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Predictions For November 12, 2016:
    Exits:
    Perfect Illusion
    Just Like Fire
    Work a From Home

    Entrants:
    Good Grief
    Still Falling For You
    Body Moves

    HiBound Entrants:
    Water Under The Bridge
    Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
    Say You Won't Let Go
    Love Like We Used To
    Words

    HitBound Exits:
    Red Dress
    Be As You Are

    #1: Closer

    Biggest Drop: My Way
    Biggest Jump: All Time Low

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Predictions for November 12, 2016:
      Exit:
      I Wanna Hold Your Hand

      Entrant:
      Blended Family (What You Do for Love)

      HitBound Entrant:
      Black Beatles

      #1: Heathens

      Biggest Drop: She Loves You (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah)
      Biggest Jump: Guys My Age

      Delete
    2. I hope this is supposed to be a joke.

      Delete
  12. My 3 day awards show (The Mossies) will be held December 16, 17, and 18 the 16th will have minor awards, the 17th will have my bottom 5 and top 10 songs of the year, and the 18th will have the major awards. I'm very excited everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/billboard-hot-100-111916-closer.html

    BBH100 post is out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I'm not going to say it 'cause that's inappropriate.

      Delete
    3. That comment said "I hate you" for those wondering

      Delete
  14. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO VOTE FOR MY Q&A FORM!!!

    You can ask me any question, you can ask as many questions as you want, and voting closes in 2 hours. The link is https://goo.gl/forms/kOOEH7iHn1TGdISh2

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parker, for me, I should say the weekend countdown will be out on Sunday later in the afternoon. I don't know what time I'll be there. So just give me a call if you need any information. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I don't know your phone number so I can't call you

      Delete
  16. Guys, I have a facebook page that I have to type it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love The Human Condition. Very high quality pop music

    ReplyDelete
  18. What do you think of Guillotine ft. Travis Mendes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who the heck is Shawn Mendes and Travis Scott together?

      Delete
    2. Guillotine is definitely a good song. It was the first Jon Bellion song after Beautiful Now that I listened to and really enjoyed.

      Delete
  19. #1 Hits 1 Recommendation
    Afrojack/Ty Dolla $ign - Gone.
    Currently my favorite Afrojack song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Hits 1 Recommendation
      Rae Sremmurd/Gucci Mane - Black Beatles
      I love Black Beatles

      Delete
  20. So, random post regarding the whole Drake/Taylor Swift rumor:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be45A3m6_vc - 13:17. Wow, that makes it pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Predictions:

    Exits:
    x22. Gold
    x37. My Way
    (JLF and WFH both have at least 8 spins so...)

    Entrants:
    40. Body Moves
    31. Good Grief

    Biggest Drop: Tie between Bacon and Cheap Thrills (-18)
    Biggest Jump: Greenlight (+19)

    Top 10:
    10. The Greatest
    9. 24K Magic
    8. Hymn For the Weekend
    7. Into You
    6. Sit Still, Look Pretty

    And look at the very close spins for the top 5:

    5. Treat You Better (54)
    4. Heathens (55)
    3. Closer (55)
    2. Starving (56)
    1. Let Me Love You (56)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold leaving would make many pretty happy. Wonder what Adrian will have in orange after that one's no more.

      Let Me Love You at #1? Interesting.

      And I too didn't think WFH and JLF would leave; I've heard them both throughout the week.

      Delete
    2. Hits 1 Recommendation for Everyone: NONE

      Delete
    3. Starving at #2?!?!?!?!?? YYAAYAYAYYAHAHAYSSSSS!!!!!!

      Delete
    4. ^^^^^^^^^ AGREED!!!!! XD

      Delete
  22. This week on COAEP there will be 17 ENTRANTS.

    I am dead serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week on my blog will be nothing. Lol.

      Delete
    2. Out of those, 16 are new and one is a re-entry. Three are from 21 Savage, two are from Metro Boomin, three from Meek Mill, and two from Quavo (including Migos). Some first time artists debuting include Madeintyo, Bryson Tiller, A$ap Mob, A$ap Rocky, and Joey Bada$$.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. "Postity post post post post."

      Delete
  23. Do any of you collect CD's? Because I do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't collect anything at the moment. I used to collect baseball cards but I stopped at about 10,000 cards.

      Delete
    2. I don't collect anything but baseball cards.

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. I said go listen to Wyclef Jean by Young Thug because it's amazing

      Delete
  25. https://twitter.com/SiriusXMHits1/status/796751787265036290

    For all of you that followed this blog in 2014. #TBT

    ReplyDelete
  26. BREAKING NEWS:
    RED DRESS IS #5 MOST WATCHUWANTED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG BUT THE SONG IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OLD!!!! But it's better than Good Grief, Be as You Are, Body Moves,Mercy, Play That Song, Love on The Brain, and Kiss The Sky.

      Delete
    2. No, Good Grief, and Kiss The Sky are way better than Red Dress in every conceivable way whatsoever.

      Delete
    3. OMG, Kiss The Sky sucks so much. Jason was better when he produced songs like Wiggle...

      Delete
    4. Bullshit, Get Ugly was better than that atrocity you call a song.

      Delete
  27. 20 entrants on COAEP as of 10:28 P.M. CST. I'll try to get it to 25 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  28. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueq313mLJCk

    I think I mentioned this on Adrian's previous post, but check out the review of the rock charts. (From 2 weeks ago. Also, yes I know a lot of you probably don't care, but some of the songs on the chart are on here or on the Hot 100.)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Please review the following week on the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown.
    12/31/11

    ReplyDelete
  30. http://mytop50songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2016/11/top-50-songs-of-111216.html

    Top 50 chart is out, now with more color!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So from what I know is that All I Want For Christmas is right now in the top 100 on the iTunes chart. And I am happy, because one, its Mariah and its one of her most iconic songs ever, and two its a sign Christmas is almost here and I can't wait.

    http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/songs/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Guys, I'm not going to be on my blog on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  33. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Zara Larsson - I Would Like

    ReplyDelete
  34. 100 Pageview special is 3/5 out!
    salamander87.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Replies
    1. Is that what they call it in Canada? In the US we call it Veteran's Day.

      Delete
    2. Parker you guessed it! Hut! U is right! - cues the air horn-

      Delete
    3. Because you said that...

      #1 Recommendation For Leah: Lil Uzi Vert - You Was Right

      Delete
    4. Oooooohhhhhh so THAT is where it came!

      Delete
  36. Here's a Billboard year-end prediction:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVT_-oFrJ4o

    ReplyDelete
  37. The Q&A is out!

    http://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/10000-pageview-special-part-1-q.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. WC Predictions:
    1: Starving
    2: Closer
    3: Heathens
    4: Treat You Better
    5: Let me Love You
    6: Sit Still, Look Pretty
    7: 24K Magic
    8: Hymn For The Weekend
    9: Side To Side
    10: This Town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starving would be a pretty weird #1, if I do say so myself.

      Delete
    2. now based on spins and not logic:
      15: Into you -5
      14: Death of a bachelor +1
      13: The Greatest +3
      12: Scars To Your Beautiful +6
      11: Hymn For The Weekend -7
      10: Chase You Down +21
      09: Sit Still, Look Pretty +3
      08: Side To Side +12
      07: This Town +6
      06: Let me Love You -3
      05: 24K Magic +9
      04: Heathens -2
      03: Treat You Better +4
      02: Closer -1
      01: Starving +4

      Delete
    3. I doubt we'll have 5 top 10 entrants.

      Delete
    4. That airplay doesn't make sense for songs like #10, #8, #5, #11, and a few more.

      Delete
  39. The #40Friday of all time IS OUT! Also, the regular #40Friday chart will be postponed for tomorrow.

    Link to the all-time chart: http://40friday.blogspot.com/2016/11/40friday-of-all-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Updated list of the top 15:
    15: Chase you down +16
    14: Death Of a Bachelor +1
    13: Into You -3
    12: Hymn for the weekend -8
    11: Sia/Kendrick Lamar-The Greatest +5
    10: Sit Still, Look Pretty +2
    09: Side To Side +11
    08: Scars To Your Beautiful +10
    top 7 see above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still, I don't think we'll have 5 top 10 entrants. It's very rare for that to happen.

      Delete
    2. Also I HIGHLY doubt that Hymn for the Weekend will drop THAT much.

      Delete
  41. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1 and Billboard: Joey Bada$$ - Front & Center

    This song is my new jam!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Here you go! - throws a boatload of poppies on the floor-

    ReplyDelete
  43. can anybody give me the YouTube 15 list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
      Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
      Bring Me the Horizon - Oh No
      Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
      Lia Marie Johnson - DNA
      Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
      The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
      The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
      Jane Zhang - Dust My Shoulders Off
      DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
      Louisa Johnson - So Good
      Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
      Bebe Rexha - I Got You
      Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
      Dawin - Jumpshot

      Delete
    2. The only songs on here I care about are Closer, Side To Side, and Jumpshot.

      Delete
    3. okay thank you, and i care about heatens, Closer, And Oh No

      Delete
    4. vote, should i have train tracks on my blog, or in the comment section?

      Delete
    5. Well, I know what Miles would say, and I would agree.

      Delete
    6. because you don't wanna see 16 songs you do not care about?

      Delete
    7. Its not just me, its because no one else does. None of us listen to Train Tracks with Pat Monahan on The Pulse.

      Delete
  44. Hey Charlie you would like some bacon?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Soooooooo... I heard Jumpshot by Dawn and...... It's pretty awful:/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Exits:
    x38. Just Like Fire
    x45. Work From Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Looks at the latter exit.* WHY WOULD YOU GET RID OF WORK FROM HOME?!?!?!?!!?

      Delete
  47. Biggest Drop: This is What You Came For (-18)

    ReplyDelete
  48. "Both of the exits' titles were 4 letters-4 letters-4 letters. That must be a coincidence.

    And I just realized, both of the debuts' titles are 4 letters-5 letters. :O"

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my goodness, I overslept again x_x Not helping is that my computer decided to finish installing the new Mac OS X, so I can't get into the player from there.

    ReplyDelete
  50. For Scott:


    33. Stressed Out

    It has 5 more weeks until lasting a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would count 52 weeks as a year. Stressed Out has 47 so far.

      Delete
    2. When Can't Hold Us left, Adrian said that it was one week away from a year.

      Delete
  51. 24. Greenlight

    Spyder didn't say this was the biggest jump of the week, so I wonder what that'll be.

    ReplyDelete
  52. 23. Ride

    Adrian will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Scott, if you're behind on the countdown, here it is so far:

    45. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This is What You Came For
    44. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
    43. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
    42. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
    41. Demi Lovato - Body Say
    40. Bastille - Good Grief (DEBUT)
    39. Kiiara - Gold
    38. 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
    37. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
    36. DNCE - Body Moves (DEBUT)
    35. Calvin Harris - My Way
    34. Taylor Swift - New Romantics
    33. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
    32. Nick Jonas - Bacon
    31. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
    30. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
    29. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
    28. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
    27. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
    26. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
    25. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
    24. Pitbull/Flo Rida/Lunchmoney Lewis - Greenlight
    23. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
    22. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
    21. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
    20. Runaground - Chase You Down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Although it still probably won't be out right away.

      Delete
    2. OMG. SIDE TO SIDE SHOULD NOT BE DROPPING!

      Delete
    3. Honestly, I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with you WAMB10. Seriously I heard that song so much this past week.

      Delete
    4. But CSTF definitely deserved to drop, but more that 1 spot.

      Delete
  54. Biggest Jump: That's My Girl (+19)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Top 10 entrants:
    Don't Wanna Know (new)
    Sit Still, Look Pretty (re-entry)
    The Greatest (new)
    Scars to Your Beautiful (new)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for 24K Magic not entering the top 10.

      Delete
    2. Oh, you did not just say that.

      And can Sit Still, Look Pretty stop jumping in and out of the Top 10 and leave already?!?!

      Delete
  56. So it looks like Box Office Biggies has been changed to Monster Movies for good now? Thought that would just be a Halloween thing, but the latter name does sound cooler to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this will be the last week it will be called "Monster Movies".

      Delete
    2. The caption advertised it as that, we'll see next week though.

      Delete
  57. Top 5 entrant:
    Treat You Better (re-entry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! ALL WRONG! IF IT HITS #1, I WILL BE ANGRY!

      - A Hits 1 Fan

      Delete
  58. Stressed Out needs to leave before Ride does.

    ReplyDelete
  59. 4. Heathens


    This spent so many weeks at #2, so this was a little unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  60. WHAT THE HECK TREAT YOU BETTER AT #1

    ReplyDelete
  61. Treat You Better at #1...












































    N











    O






    O






    O






    O!
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!

    - An Angry Hits 1 Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not thrilled about this either. :/

      Delete
    2. What? What is so bad about Treat You Better?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!

      Delete
    3. I don't think it's bad, but it certainly is old.

      Delete
    4. Have Miles and I not said already?! It's one of those basic white guy with acoustic guitar songs that tries to steal chicks and just make him look like a douchebag.

      Delete
  62. On a note that brings back a much happier time...

    #1 song this week one year ago: Hello by Adele (first of 12 weeks at #1)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hello.












    It's me.
    I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 21 weeks ago, this song left the countdown.
      #5exitweek

      Delete
    2. Oh my god, not again... x_x

      And on that note, I think this may be the longest climb to #1 since Honey I'm Good back in July 2015. I could be wrong though.

      Delete
    3. To Go Over Everything.
      -A Hits 1 Fan

      Delete
    4. Well, Honey I'm Good was in red IMO what it reached #1.

      Delete
    5. I believe Victorious hit #1 on its 27th week.

      Delete