Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pitbull (9) – Week Of May 3, 2014


Things are looking better in the American Top 40 as Jason Derulo/2 Chainz – Talk Dirty hits #1 for the first time. What's annoying is that Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You lasted only one week. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • One Direction – Story Of My Life (#36)
  • Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#41)
  • Lorde – Team (#44) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Martin Garrix – Animals (#45) [DTHNOBx2]

Last Week’s #1 Song: OneRepublic – Counting Stars
The Countdown
45. Haim – The Wire (#33)
44. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#39)
43. AJR – I’m Ready (#42)
42. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#43)
41. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#34)
40. Magic! – Rude (DEBUT)
39. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#26)
38. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts (DEBUT)
37. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#21)
36. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (DEBUT)
35. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#25)
34. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights (#27)
33. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (DEBUT)
32. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#35)
31. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#32)
30. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (#24)
29. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#28)
28. Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (#13)
27. One Direction – You and I (#23)
26. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#37)
25. Hot Chelle Rae – Don’t Say Goodnight (#40)
24. Phantogram – Fall In Love (#20)
23. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#30)
22. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#38)
21. Hardwell/Matthew Koma – Dare You (#18)
20. MKTO – Classic (#11)
19. Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. (#29)
18. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#19)
17. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On (#22)
16. Katy Perry – Birthday (#17)
15. Passenger – Let Her Go (#10)
14. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#9)
13. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#14)
12. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#15)
11. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#16)
10. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#8)
  9. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#31)
  8. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#12)
  7. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#7)
  6. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#1)
  5. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#6)
  4. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#3)
  3. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#4)
  2. Bastille – Pompeii (#5)
  1. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#2) [9th Week At #1] {Tied All-Time Record}

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (–16) (Again? Really?)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (+22)

New Entrants
~ Robin Thicke is back with DJ Cassidy and Jessie J. Calling All Hearts is a good song to play at a party. It is a fun song, but it probably won't be very successful in a Top 45 countdown.

~ Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong wasn't that good to begin with. But I definitely grew into it. It's very........unique in it's own way. That's all I can really say about it.

~ Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart represents what I'm going through right now. It sounds a lot like Rob Thomas – Lonely No More. It's kinda hard deciding which one is better though. They're both really good. Me and My Broken Heart has been getting a lot of airplay on mainstream radio. That is good. Fun Fact: It debuted on Hit-Bound the same week as Calling All Hearts.

~ Finally, we come to Magic! – Rude. I really only heard that song once. And I didn't like it. Maybe it'll grow on me when I hear it more.

Calling All Blurbs
~ Hits 1 must've realized that they brought in John Legend – All Of Me a little too late. So they decided to boost it into the Top 10 on its third week.

~ Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber has tied the record for most weeks at #1 with Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe.

~ I now understand what Lady Gaga means by G.U.Y.. No, she doesn't mean guy. She means girl under you.

~ Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights and Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother are coming to far too early exits.

~ Strangely, I heard Glenn Morrison – Goodbye on The Pulse. The Pulse usually doesn't play dance music. Strange....

~ You know what? I don't care anymore. Fall Out Boy – (Too Long Of A Title), keep doing your thing. Same with you Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber. Hits 1 know just what to do to get me annoyed. Imagine Dragons – Demons, Fall Out Boy – (Too Long Of A Title), Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber, AJR – I'm Ready, lack of Austin Mahone.

~ I'm starting to hear Pitbull/G.R.L. – Wild Wild Love on Hits 1. We may be seeing that song on this countdown soon.

~ Passenger – Let Her Go needs to leave NOW!!!

~ No song makes me wanna change the station faster than Pharrell – Happy.

~ I'm at that point where I'm absolutely in love with Austin Mahone. Just when I thought my crush was fading, it jumps back and goes higher than it ever was. Hits 1 has a serious lack of Austin Mahone on their station. And they're clearly ignoring all the complaints I posted on the Hits 1 Facebook page about the lack of Mahone. Mahomies like me need to hear this guy often.

~ This is technically Bastille – Pompeii's first week at #2.

~ There is an ex-couple who's songs are right next to each other. Comment if you know who they are.

~ Sorry about the post being this late (even though it's only Sunday). Friday was my birthday. So my family and I went outta town for my birthday weekend.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
2. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On
3. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
4. Hardwell/Matthew Koma – Dare You
5. Lady Gaga – G.U.Y.

Top 5 Most Annoying
1. AJR – I'm Ready
2. Pharrell – Happy
3. Imagine Dragons – Demons
4. Haim – The Wire
5. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber

14 comments:

  1. Happy (late) Birthday Adrian!!!!!!
    And speaking of Birthday...
    Katy Perry and Travie McCoy have their songs next to each other in the countdown
    And they are the ex-couple, I heard Spyder Harrison say so when he announced those songs on the WC
    :) have a good nite

    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coles Cool Countdown
    1. Little Mix - Move [didnt move] (2nd week @ #1)
    2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect [+16]
    3. Ed Sheeran - Sing [-1]
    4. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart [+7]
    5. John Legend - All Of Me [-2]
    6. Lady Gaga - G.U.Y. [+10]
    7. HAIM - The Wire [-3]
    8. Nico And Vinz - Am I Wrong? [+30]
    9. Glenn Morrison - Goodbye [+5]
    10. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith - La La La [+17]
    11. OneRepublic - Love Runs Out [-3]
    12. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie - Keep On Keeping On [-7]
    13. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy (DEBUT)
    14. Katy Perry - Birthday [-7]
    15. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch [-3]
    16. Peter Thomas/Betty Who - All Of You [-10]
    17. Martin Garrix - Animals [-4]
    18. Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World [+11]
    19. Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes [+11]
    20. Shakira/ Rihanna - CRTFY [-10] (3 weeks @ #1)*
    21. Karmin - I Want It All [-2]
    22. Austin Mahone/Pitbull - Mmm Yeah [-13]
    23. Demi Lovato - Neon Lights [-8] (5 weeks @ #1)
    24. Neon Trees - Sleeping With A Friend [+9]
    25. MAGIC! - Rude (DEBUT)
    26. Hot Chelle Rae - Don't Say Goodnight [+6]
    27. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better [-6]
    28. Dj Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What [-8]
    29. R5 - I Cant Forget About You [+6]
    30. Pitbull/G.R.L. - Wild Wild Love [-8]
    31. Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea - Problem (DEBUT)
    32. Paramore - Ain't It Fun [+7]
    33. Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty [-9]
    34. Katy Perry - Dark Horse [-17] (4 weeks @ #1)
    35. Dj Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J - Calling All Hearts (RE-ENTRY)
    36. Chainsmokers - #Selfie [-13]
    37. Phillip Phillips - Raging Fire [-6]
    38. Avicii/Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother [-13] (1 week @ #1)
    39. Midnight Red - Hell Yeah [+1]
    40. Calvin Harris/Ayah Marar - Thinking About You [-6]

    Eliminated - Aloe Blacc - The Man (26), Nonono - Pumpin Blood (28), Eminem/Nate Ruess - Headlights (36), OneRepublic - Counting Stars (37)

    Future Hits
    Avril Lavigne - Hello Kitty
    Austin Mahone - Till I Find You
    Bastille - Bad Blood
    Calvin Harris - Summer
    Calvin Harris/Alesso/Hurts - Under Control
    Cody Simpson - Surfboard
    KONGOS - Come With Me Now
    One Direction - You & I
    Phantogram - Fall In Love
    Pharrell - Marilyn Monroe
    Sam Smith - Stay With Me
    Sara Barellies - I Chose You
    Tiësto - Red Lights
    Tiësto/Matthew Koma - Wasted

    The Wire can't leave!! I'm over the top happy about the debuts ESPECIALLY RIXTON AND NICO AND VINZ AND MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone have a Hitbound list. I need one
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait are you a boy that loves Austin mahone? I jsut put two and two together idk why I jsut realized this but it just hit me OMG haha I love him so much too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Timber is #1 again. I'm 99% sure no one listens to that song anymore
    And can someone get me a hit-bound list, I've been asking for one for a very long time.
    I have a new celeb crush (you're gonna hate me for this), it's Austin Mahone!

    -Rem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. I’ll try to get Hit-Bound list soon.

      Delete
  6. So do u hate me right now? It's ok if you do, I'll just stop looking at your blog and convert over to a much cooler blog (that includes commenting, too)
    JK!
    -Rembull/Re$ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don’t hate you! I really don’t mind if you have a crush on Austin Mahone too. I would hate to lose a friend.

      Delete
    2. *tears welling up in eyes*
      *sniffles*
      THANK YOU!
      You've made my day!
      I guess gay guys ARE cool!
      -Remy (and if you would dedicate your next post to me, I'll kiss my computer!)

      Delete
  7. Hey. Have you ever noticed Hits 1 plays songs at a faster pace than normal? I just noticed that. How strange. Have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! I was wondering if either the radio or Hits 1 or if it was just my brain that was making the songs faster.
      -Rem (I'll comment on your site as well)

      Delete
  8. BREAKING NEWS: I heard Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX- Fancy on Hits 1! No joke!
    -Rem

    ReplyDelete