Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bastille (4) – Week Of May 10, 2014


I’m over all these #1 songs. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Phantogram – Fall In Love (#24)
  • Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (#28)
  • Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights (#34)
  • Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#41)
  • Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#44)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber
45. AJR – I’m Ready (#43)
44. Hardwell/Matthew Koma – Dare You (#21)
43. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#41)
42. Haim – The Wire (#45)
41. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (DEBUT)
40. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#39)
39. Halsey – Ghost (DEBUT)
38. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On (#17)
37. KONGOS – Come With Me Now (DEBUT)
36. MKTO – Classic (#20)
35. Calvin Harris – Summer (DEBUT)
34. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#31)
33. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (DEBUT)
32. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#14)
31. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#37)
30. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (#30)
29. Passenger – Let Her Go (#15)
28. Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. (#19)
27. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#33)
26. Magic! – Rude (#40)
25. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#26)
24. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#36)
23. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#29)
22. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#35)
21. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#23)
20. Hot Chelle Rae – Don’t Say Goodnight (#25)
19. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts (#38)
18. One Direction – You and I (#27)
17. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#7)
16. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#22)
15. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#13)
14. Katy Perry – Birthday (#16)
13. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#10)
12. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#12)
11. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#11)
10. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#6)
  9. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#32)
  8. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#18)
  7. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#9)
  6. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#4)
  5. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#1)
  4. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#8)
  3. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#5)
  2. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#3)
  1. Bastille – Pompeii (#2) [4th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Hardwell/Matthew Koma – Dare You (–23)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ellie Goulding – Burn (+23)

New Entrants
~ This week, we traded out a load of good songs for a load of good songs. Our first entrant is Sam Smith's second song, Latch with Disclosure. This song is really good. As I said in the past, Sam Smith has amazing vocals.

~ Calvin Harris just proved to us that he can use his own vocals in one of his songs. I think Summer should be the summer anthem of 2014. It's impossible to listen to this song and not get up and move.

~ Halsey – Ghost sounds kinda like a Lorde song, but better. That's all I can really say about it now.

~ The Nicki Minaj wannabe, Iggy Azalea, teamed up with Charli XCX to produce Fancy. It's pretty good. But nothing in that song is as catchy as that chorus.

~ Finally, we have Kongos – Come With Me Now. This song is very catchy. One of those rare good alternative songs.

I'm Blurbing On To You
~ Yesterday, Ellie Goulding – Burn was the most wutchuwanted song. Just look at what you voters did. You threw it back up into the Top 10 to annoy me.

~ I guess Paramore – Ain't It Fun can have the success of Still Into You.

~ Eminem and Avicii have some pretty bad luck. Both artists had two songs kicked out of the countdown this week.

~ Speaking of bad luck, Matthew Koma has some serious bad luck as Hardwell – Dare You drops to #44. He may just have another early DTHNOB.

~ Speaking of an early DTHNOB, Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On may just say an early goodbye.

~ AJR – I'm Ready is still here. -_-

~ What are the chances DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J – Calling All Hearts will drop next week?

~ I heard our old friend Olly Murs – Troublemaker this morning on The Mini Morning Mash Up.

~ I've been listening to a lot of music this past week. Here are some songs I couldn't stop listening to:


  • Rihanna/Calvin Harris – We Found Love
  • Sam Smith – Stay With Me
  • Austin Mahone – Till I Find You
  • Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
  • Dr. Dre/Eminem/Skylar Grey – I Need A Doctor
  • 50 Cent/Eminem/Adam Levine – My Life
  • Pitbull/Ne-Yo/Afrojack/Nayer – Give Me Everything
  • OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
  • Justin Bieber/Nicki Minaj – Beauty and a Beat
  • Cobra Starship/Sabi – You Make Me Feel...

~ This is the first time I listened to Hit-Bound for months. Here's the Hit-Bound list for this week:


  • Clean Bandit – Rather Be
  • Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better
  • Sia – Chandelier
  • New Hollow – She Ain't You
  • Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down
  • The Summer Set – Lighting In A Bottle
  • Pitbull/G.R.L. Wild Wild Love
  • Jennifer Lopez – First Love
  • Sam Smith – Stay With Me
  • Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes
  • Ellie Goulding – Beating Heart
  • Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg – Wiggle
  • Ariana Grande – Problem
  • Timeflies – All The Way

~ Strangely, The Chainsmokers – #SELFIE left after a short Hit-Bound tenure.

~ To all the mothers out there, happy Mother's Day!

My Top 5 Picks
1. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong
2. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch
3. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
4. One Direction – You and I
5. Hardwell/Matthew Koma – Dare You

Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Sam Smith – Stay With Me
2. Timeflies – All The Way
3. Ariana Grande – Problem
4. Jennifer Lopez – First Love
5. Ellie Goulding – Beating Heart

14 comments:

  1. Adrian,in case you didn't know, I am actively blogging on hits1countdown.blogspot.com again.
    You may visit it if you'd like and whenever you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiggle? WTH? Sounds like LMFAO
    Wigglewigglewigglewiggle, yeah!
    And can you make clear your opinion on Wild Wild Love?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wiggle is annoying. And I only like G.R.L.’s part in Wild Wild Love. Pitbull’s part is annoying.

      Delete
    2. Wiggle is annoying

      Delete
    3. It seems like Pitbulls part is bad. G.R.L I do not know know, Adrian do you know what G.R.L stands for? Girl? Girl band, group? It is bad or good Adrian?

      Delete
  3. Given up on the Demons hate I see? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jro's comments:
    Today, I heard Counting Stars at number 2 on Wutchuwant. No. Just no.
    Timber is kind of competing for "most famous Pitbull song right now" with Wild Wild Love.
    Thank god Headlights is gone. I like the lyrics, but the song? Nuh uh!
    AJR has bad luck. Just sayin.
    I bet Ghost might just say a early goodbye.
    Can Pompeii just STOP?!?!?! That song was popular a LONG time ago. Move on Hits 1.
    I think Don't Say Goodnight will be another one of those songs with a long tenure at the same spot for weeks.
    Story Of My Life STILL gets played on Hits 1 after it left.
    Good songs:
    David Guetta/Usher - Without You
    ScHoolboy Q - Man Of The Year
    Avicii/Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up
    Oh Honey - Be Okay
    Demi Lovato - Neon Lights
    5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
    Pitbull/G.R.L. - Wild Wild Love [sorry!]
    Owl City/Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time
    Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing
    Calvin Harris - Summer
    Honorable mentions:
    Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
    Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
    Swedish House Mafia/John Martin - Don't You Worry Child
    Nicki Minaj - Starships
    Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart
    Timeflies - All The Way
    Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down
    John Legend - All Of Me
    Selena Gomez - Come & Get It
    Flo Rida/Sia - Wild Ones
    Ellie Goulding - Burn
    Jennifer Lopez - First Love
    Avicii/Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother
    Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie - Keep On Keeping On
    Taylor Swift's I Knew You Were Trouble was on Pandora at my school the other day and my friend was doing a funny impression of Taylor Swift.
    Happy Mother's Day.
    Top Countdown Picks:
    1. Oh Honey - Be Okay
    2. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J - Calling All Hearts
    3. Paramore - Ain't It Fun
    4. OneRepublic - Counting Stars
    5. Hot Chelle Rae - Don't Say Goodnight
    Top 5 Hit-Bound
    1. Sia - Chandelier
    2. Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea - Problem
    3. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better
    4. New Hollow - She Ain't You
    5. Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanos
    - Jro [by the way, i'm still making my countdown, I just might not post it here often.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as I know, the songs that left Hit-Bound and didn’t debut on the countdown are:

    ~ Peter Thomas Ft. Betty Who – All Of You (NO!)
    ~ The Chainsmokers – #SELFIE
    ~ Coldplay – Magic
    ~ Little Mix – Move (YES!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good songs. Crap!
      Adrian, I know this sounds crazy, but I want to kiss you right now!

      -Remy

      Delete
  6. I predict exits from:
    AJR-I'm Ready
    Hardwell / Matthew Koma-Dare You
    Entrants:
    Pitbull/GRL-Wild Love
    Timeflies-All The Way
    #1:
    Jason Derulo-Talk Dirty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the Voted By U polls were late. You only have till Monday morning to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a guest DJ in Glenn Morrison Goodbye this Mother's Day weekend.

    Jack lambert

    ReplyDelete