Saturday, February 23, 2019

The Chainsmokers (6) – Week Of February 23, 2019

Hey guys! I hope to have my review of the Grammy performances done by Monday. The Oscars will be on tomorrow night, which I won't be watching since I don't know or haven't seen most of the nominated films. I am interested in the performance from Queen and Adam Lambert though. That should be pretty cool. I'll also hopefully have one year-end post out before the end of the month, but it's very unlikely. So yeah. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • James Arthur – Empty Space (#26)
  • Imagine Dragons – Machine (#38)
  • Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris – I Found You (#42)

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
The Countdown
45. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#44)
44. Jennifer Lopez – Limitless (#40)
43. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#45)
42. Travis Scott/Drake – Sicko Mode (#37)
41. lovelytheband – Broken (#41)
40. Jake Miller – Wait For You (#30)
39. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#36)
38. George Ezra – Shotgun (#43)
37. Zedd/Katy Perry – 365 (DEBUT)
36. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#33)
35. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More (DEBUT)
34. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#35)
33. Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life (#29)
32. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (#32)
31. Cardi B/Bruno Mars – Please Me (DEBUT)
30. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#31) [2 Weeks At #1]
29. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999 (#25)
28. Lauren Daigle – You Say (#20)
27. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone (#23)
26. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#19)
25. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#24) [1 Week At #1]
24. Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe (#15)
23. Dan + Shay – Speechless (#16)
22. Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me (#34)
21. Dean Lewis – Be Alright (#22)
20. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#13)
19. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love (#39)
18. Khalid – Better (#28)
17. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over (#18)
16. Seeb/Bastille – Grip (#27)
15. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#12)
14. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#17)
13. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (#21)
12. 5 Seconds of Summer – Youngblood (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
11. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#10)
10. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#8)
  9. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#14)
  8. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#11)
  7. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#7)
  6. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
  5. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#9)
  4. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
  3. Halsey – Without Me (#3) [5 Weeks At #1]
  2. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#6)
  1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#1) [6th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (1) (amazing song)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Jake Miller – Wait For You (–10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love (+20)

New Entrants
~ First up this week, we have Zedd and Katy Perry with 365. I didn't have high expectations for this after all the trash Zedd put out last year. When I listened to this for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised. I think it has a cool little opening and I like the production for the most part. It's more of a chill electronic tune than hardcore EDM. It's definitely not Zedd's best and I still prefer True Colors. But I consider it a big step in a right direction after The Middle and Happy Now, which were two of the worst songs of last year. Katy Perry sounds pretty good here overall and I quite like her vocals in the chorus and the "I think about you all the time" part. Her voice is not so blatantly auto tuned, so it's not unbearable to listen to like The Middle and Happy Now. But overall, I enjoy this song and I think it's the best thing he's done since True Colors with Kesha back in 2016 I believe. If the rest of his new album is anything like 365, maybe it won't be as bad as I thought.

~ Next we have a song that's been around for quite a while. It's Miss Me More by Kelsea Ballerini. The first time I ever heard this song was several months ago when she performed it at some country award show. I thought it was really good and it quickly became a favorite of mine. I did not think it would actually become a mainstream single, but I'm very happy that it did and that it managed to debut here. It's more of a pop song than a country song, but that's probably what drew me to it honestly. It's very catchy and has a great chorus. I like the opening with the guitar and I think she has a great voice that she uses very well. I like the lyrics and the song's theme of finding your independence and not trying to be someone else for a significant other. I think everything just worked out with this song and I'm so happy that it's here. I would love to see it become a hit.

~ Finally we have another collaboration between Cardi B and Bruno Mars. This time it is called Please Me. I had expectation for this and the song didn't meet those unfortunately. I don't know if it's because I kept telling myself it would be Finesse 2.0 and I was disappointed that it wasn't. Finesse was a jam last year and is miles better than this new song. With Please Me, I don't like how slow it is and the scattery beat and hi-hats are annoying. I don't understand Cardi B's appeal honestly because I think her voice is really annoying. She can be a good rapper at times, but usually for faster songs. With slower songs like this, it's not really rapping and there's more emphasis on how annoying her voice is. Her lyrics are also very questionable with constant references to her vagina, which is probably nothing new. But it's just weird because she's a married woman and a mother. That might just be me though. Then we have Bruno Mars, who is an objectively great singer. But I don't think his voice fits this kind of song. This is like a worse version of Versace On The Floor. I don't like when he shouts "please" in the chorus. Other than that, his vocals are okay, but they should be a lot better because he has a great voice. Overall, I think this is not very good and a big step down from Finesse. Please Me is not awful, but it's not something I can ever see myself coming back to.


Best Debut of the Week: Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Kelsy Karter – Harry
  • Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired
  • Grandson – Apologize
  • Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar
  • LSD/Lil Wayne – Genius
  • Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Maren Morris – GIRL
  • Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd – Lost In The Fire
  • Madison Beer/Offset – Hurts Like Hell
  • Post Malone – Wow
  • Yungblud/Halsey/Travis Barker – 11 Minutes (DEBUT)
  • Meghan Trainor – All The Ways
  • Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy – I've Been Waiting
  • Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
  • lovelytheband – Maybe I'm Afraid

~ Our one new entrant this week is from Yungblud, Halsey, Travis Barker from Blink-182. It's called 11 Minutes. I only know Yungblud because of the song he did for the 13 Reasons Why season 2 soundtrack. I expected to dislike this song more than I do. Yungblud sounds really bad and Halsey sounds okay in the chorus, but not very good anywhere else. I also don't like the super long outro. But the production is really good, so all credit for this being decent goes to Travis Barker because Yungblud and Halsey did nothing to help this song. It's okay for now, but it won't stick with me if it gets overplayed.

~ Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd – Lost In The Fire has been declining everywhere, so I doubt this will debut at this point. It is still a good song, but I've kinda stopped listening to it. It did deserve better though.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime
2. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar
3. Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
4. Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd – Lost In The Fire
5. LSD/Lil Wayne – Genius


Blurb Me More
~ Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It rose to #2 this week swapping places with High Hopes. I'd be shocked if this didn't hit #1. It's official single release date is coming up and it's been getting some adds on pop radio. I also heard it on The Pulse earlier this week. So maybe this will end up becoming a hit. I'd be down for that.

~ Close To Me by Ellie Goulding rose into the Top 10 this week. I'd be much happier about it if it was a good song, but I'm happy to see Ellie Goulding still have success. She has another single coming out soon, which I really hope is better than this because I want to still love her music. But I'm glad the public is still interested in her and her music.

~ Despite being pure garbage, 7 Rings by Ariana Grande seems to be rising quickly. I really hope this doesn't become a huge hit here because no one wants to listen to Ariana bragging about her lifestyle and being rich over a shitty beat. I just don't get the appeal whatsoever because this is awful in every single way.

~ I don't know why Seeb/Bastille – Grip is in the Top 20. This is probably the most irrelevant song on the countdown right now and one of the most generic. Who the hell is voting for this? I am happy though to see Better by Khalid in the Top 20.

~ Generic Sabrina Carpenter made a big jump this week with Sue Me. I doubt this will last because none of her songs stick around. I don't expect this one to be any different. Hopefully that's the case as this is probably her worst song.

~ Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life is probably not going to stick around much longer, and I'm okay with that because the song should be much better than it is knowing what Zara Larsson is capable of.

~ Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart is also probably not going to stick around much longer, which is sad because this is actually a great song. I like Miley Cyrus on it and the guitar just does it for me. I think it sounds really good and it was a great fit. It's a shame this couldn't be a bigger hit.

~ Jake Miller – Wait For You is very irrelevant, so it's drop doesn't surprise me. I'm also not surprised by the drop into the Bottom 5 from Sicko Mode by Travis Scott. I knew right from the start that this would have a shitty countdown run and so far I was right. This will probably stick around for a couple more weeks and then leave like In My Feelings despite being a great song.

~ As far as the exits go, I Found You was beyond generic. I've felt that way since it was released and nothing has changed. I don't like the basic production and Calvin is not that good of a singer. The other two are very bad and I'm glad they left. I forgot Empty Space existed, but Say You Won't Let Go is a million times better. I don't like his voice here at all. Then we have Machine, which is straight up trash because of the clunky beat, grating guitar solo, and unnecessary yelling. This should've never debuted here and because it did, it'll probably end up appearing in my Worst of 2019 list.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. TIE: Ariana Grande – 7 Rings
20. TIE: Halsey – Without Me

1 – Bad:
18. Anne-Marie – 2002
17. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly
16. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
15. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine

2 – Mediocre:
14. Seeb/Bastille – Grip

3 – Decent:
13. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me
12. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower

4 – Good:
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
10. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho

5 – Great:
9. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
8. Khalid – Better
7. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
6. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
5. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love
4. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
3. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
2. Dan + Shay – Tequila

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over

Overall Score: 66/100 = 66% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: No Doubt – Just A Girl

Most Missed Countdown Song: Betty Who – Somebody Loves You

Most Missed Hit-Bound Dropout: Julia Michaels/Trippie Redd – Jump

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Kacey Musgraves – Rainbow

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#1) and Walk The Moon – One Foot (#8)


My Top 5 Picks
1. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
2. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More
3. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
4. Dean Lewis – Be Alright
5. Dan + Shay – Tequila

64 comments:

  1. Thank you for not putting Shotgun in green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also put a blue song in the Mediocre category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, Adrian. I have to say I love Hey Look Ma, I Made It, it is such a wonderful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weezer has much better songs than the normie band known as panic at the disco

      Delete
    2. Has Adrian ever said “Thanks, Chase.”?

      Delete
    3. has adrian ever said weezer cum?

      Delete
    4. Everybody let me think. I got so crazy in my mind. I am thinking like I made a huge success that I had to sincerely keep on track with music.

      Delete
    5. Has Adrian ev..... wait mr. weezer what did you just say? Is it like c...... No please stop using that word. And you too Adrian you should not imitate him.

      Delete
    6. Let's try this again. Nice post, Adrian. I have to say I love Hey Look Ma, I Made It, it is such a wonderful song.

      Delete
    7. No mr. weezer you don't say that that's inapporpriate. Adrian, can you delete mr. weezer's whole life for me. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  4. make sure you guys stream weezer's brand new song "High As A Kite" and stay tuned for the collaboration me and a mystery blogger are doing for our black album review.

    my review of the teal album is going to be dropping later today

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey guys my new post dropped
    https://mrweezerschartexam.blogspot.com/2019/02/album-review-weezer-teal-album.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by the way, tomorrow there will be another one. don't worry. weezer won't stop cumming again

      Delete
    2. Excuse me mr. weezer, please watch your language. That's not appropriate.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I don’t give a fuck who you are or where you live. You can count on me to be there to bring your fucking life to a hellish end. I’ll put you in so much fucking pain that it’ll make Jesus being nailed to a cross in the desert look like a fucking back massage on a tropical island. I don’t give a fuck how many reps you have or how tough you are IRL, how well you can fight, or how many fucking guns you own to protect yourself. I’ll fucking show up at your house when you aren’t home. I’ll turn all the lights on in your house, leave all the water running, open your fridge door and not close it, and turn your gas stove burners on and let them waste gas. You’re going to start stressing the fuck out, your blood pressure will triple, and you’ll have a fucking heart attack. You’ll go to the hospital for a heart operation, and the last thing you’ll see when you’re being put under in the operating room is me hovering above you, dressed like a doctor. When you wake up after being operated on, wondering what ticking time bomb is in your chest waiting to go off. You’ll recover fully from your heart surgery. And when you walk out the front door of the hospital to go home I’ll run you over with my fucking car out of no where and kill you. I just want you to know how easily I could fucking destroy your pathetic excuse of a life, but how I’d rather go to a great fuckng length to make sure your last remaining days are spent in a living, breathing fucking hell. It’s too late to save yourself, but don’t bother committing suicide either… I’ll fucking resuscitate you and kill you again myself you bitch-faced otter. Welcome to hell, population: you

      Delete
  6. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Adam Lambert - Feel Something
    Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
    Rob Thomas - One Less Day (Dying Young)
    Billie Eilish - bury a friend
    Kasey Musgraves - Rainbow
    Luke Combs - Beautiful Crazy
    Sam Smith - How Will I Know
    P!NK - Walk Me Home
    Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
    Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
    John Mayer - I Guess I Just Feel Like (No Feels)
    John Legend - Preach
    H.E.R. - Hard Place
    Brandi Carlile - The Joke
    Brett Young - Here Tonight
    Blueface/Cardi B/YG - Thotiana
    J. Cole - MIDDLE CHILD
    Pentatonix - The Sound of Silence
    Cardi B - Money
    Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to burst your boobies but where is weezer on this? there is no weezer.

      Adrian, can you remove his post because of the lack of weezer?

      Delete
    2. No mr. weezer that's not nice. Adrian can you please delete mr. weezer's post for me? Thanks

      Delete
    3. mr. weezer, Weezer did not announce pop singles yet. Soon they will.

      Delete
    4. they actually released a song last thursday you fucking incel

      Delete
  7. My AT40 post is out! Check it out:

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/at40-halsey-3-week-of-february-23-2019.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. My countdown post is out! Check it out:

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-chainsmokers-6-week-of-february-23.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hits 1 has updated the voting poll this week:
    Available for voting:
    Ally Brooke - Low Key
    P!NK - Walk Me Home
    Austin Brown - In Betweenin'
    Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You

    Unavailable for voting:
    Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
    Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
    Rita Ora - Let You Love Me
    Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd - Lost in the Fire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Early Predicitons for the Weekend Countdown of 3/2/2019:
    Exits:
    Ruin My Life
    1999

    Entrants:
    I've Been Waiting
    Bad Liar

    #1: This Feeling (7th Week!!!)

    Biggest Drop: Youngblood (-25)

    Biggest Jump: Don't Go Braeking My Haert (+18)

    HitBound entrants:
    In Betweenin'
    Think About You
    Walk Me Home
    Low Key

    HitBound exits:
    Let You Love Me
    Lost in the Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why will DGBMH jump back up 18 spots?

      Delete
    2. Yeah why will Dont Go Breaking My Haert jump the song is fricking old as hell now and crap too

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. girls don't even cum. they do orgasm but rarely do fluids actually cum out. that is, unlike men who have semen. therefore, panic at the disco cum doesn't exist. try again fucker

      Delete
    2. https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v6SkjgzuCSc/XHIvvK7dWXI/AAAAAAAAADg/RC3__LEVJSgM5BYPIhqHUl4-FX2D6SJRACLcBGAs/s320/d.png

      Delete
    3. That’ enough mrs. panic! At the disco and mr. weezer. I told you to be nice to each other!!!!

      Delete
    4. you never told me jack shit lmao

      Delete
  12. GET OFF DISCORD YOU LAZY FUCKS. Chase will (hopefully) be kicked out soon and we can get back to normal. Inb4 someone says "It was never good you dickhead"

    Also I like 7 rings, Sue Me and Please Me and hate WDYL and 365. Go ahead and hatd me, it's all anyone does here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not interested in Sue Me anymore and trance that’s not nice

      Delete
    2. actually i agree with you trance on all of those except sue me. sue me is boring in my opinion

      Delete
    3. Trance, when it comes to chatting with each other which is what we used to use the comments for, Discord is objectively superior to the comments section, and for many small reasons and one major reason: you can’t actually stop people like Chase from commenting.

      Delete
    4. Thank you for liking 7 Rings.

      Delete
  13. Recommendations for Hits 1:
    YNW Melly - Mischief on My Mind
    Cardi B - Money
    P!NK - A Million Dreams
    Billie Eilish - bury a friend
    Rob Thomas - One Less Day (Dying Young)
    Summer Walker & Drake - Girls Need Love
    Luke Combs - Beautiful Crazy
    Blueface/Cardi B/YG - Thotiana
    Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me
    Pinkfong - Baby Shark
    A Boogie wit da Hoodie - Look Back at It
    Adam Lambert - Feel Something
    John Mayer - I Guess I Just Feel Like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes To:
      Feel Something

      No To:
      Money
      Bury A Friend
      Look Back At It

      Don’t Know/Care:
      Everything Else

      Delete
    2. It is Mischief on My Mind and please stop correcting me. Murder is not a nice word to say.

      Delete
    3. songs have their name for a reason. changing the title to make it "more appropriate" just ruins the art. also mixed personalities is much better than MURDER on my mind

      Delete
    4. mr. weezer, I disagree with you on that note about Mixed Personalities. I think MOMM is an amazing song.

      Delete
  14. Really amazing news!!!! I have officially started my very own YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!! Please check out my very 1st video or I will boil you in Diet Pepsi.

    https://youtu.be/uTWCaZvBaD8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey. may you please restrict your swearing and cursing in this video?

      Delete