Saturday, January 12, 2019

Halsey (1) – Week Of January 12, 2019

Hey guys! If you haven't already, be sure to check out my review of Hits 1's Top 45 of 2018. It is my previous post and will be linked here. I put a lot of work into it so check it out! More year-end posts are on the way and I plan on introducing my new rankdown soon. So that's some stuff to be excited for. I can't say this week was a good week for the countdown because of our #1 and one of our debuts. But I will get into it further into the post. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Shawn Mendes – Nervous (#31)
  • Bazzi/Camila Cabello – Beautiful (#41)
  • Twenty One Pilots – My Blood (#42)
  • NOTD/Bea Miller – I Wanna Know (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
The Countdown
45. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood (#44) [2 Weeks At #1]
44. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#43) [9 Weeks At #1]
43. George Ezra – Shotgun (#40)
42. Steve Aoki/BTS – Waste It On Me (#37)
41. Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#38)
40. Silk City/Dua Lipa – Electricity (#32)
39. Olly Murs/Snoop Dogg – Moves (#21)
38. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren – Side Effects (#39)
37. Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#35) [4 Weeks At #1]
36. Bebe Rexha – I'm a Mess (#36)
35. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#33)
34. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj – Woman Like Me (#26)
33. Dan + Shay – Speechless (DEBUT)
32. Selena Gomez – Back To You (#30)
31. Lauv/Julia Michaels – There's No Way (#27)
30. Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life (DEBUT)
29. Maroon 5/Cardi B – Girls Like You (#29)
28. Khalid – Better (DEBUT)
27. Imagine Dragons – Machine (DEBUT)
26. Camila Cabello – Consequences (#16)
25. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#34)
24. lovelytheband – Broken (#19)
23. Lauren Jauregui – Expectations (#22)
22. James Arthur – Empty Space (#25)
21. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#20)
20. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#23)
19. Ariana Grande – Breathin (#14)
18. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#13)
17. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside (#18)
16. Imagine Dragons – Natural (#15) [1 Week At #1]
15. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone (#24)
14. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#17)
13. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#28)
12. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#11)
11. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower (#12)
10. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks (#9)
  9. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next (#6)
  8. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones (#7) [2 Weeks At #1]
  7. Anne-Marie – 2002 (#8)
  6. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies (#10)
  5. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
  4. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
  3. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
  2. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#1) [4 Weeks At #1]
  1. Halsey – Without Me (#3) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Perfect (2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Olly Murs – Moves (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (+15)

New Entrants
~ First up, we have Dan + Shay bringing another song to the countdown, which is something that makes me happy since they're arguably the best country act in music along with Carrie Underwood. I don't think Speechless is as good as Tequila, but to be fair Tequila is a hard song to top. That one is still really great and earned a pretty high spot in my Top 45 Songs of 2018. But these guys always make nice songs and Speechless is exactly that. It's a nice tune with good lyrics. I really like their voices and I think the chorus is really good. I enjoy the song a lot and I would love to see it be a hit like its predecessor. Dan + Shay deserve the success.

~ Next is Ruin My Life by Zara Larsson. I'm not exactly familiar with a lot of her music. Obviously there was Never Forget You, which was a pretty big hit. I still really like that song. I know she was also featured in the Tinie Tempah song Girls Like, which I enjoyed quite a bit. I really liked Larsson's chorus in that song. Now we have Ruin My Life and I feel like this should've been a much better song than it is. I wasn't exactly impressed by what I heard. I don't find it all that interesting and I don't really like the chorus. She has a really great voice, but I don't think she takes full advantage of it here. I prefer Never Forget You over this song by quite a lot. I think Zara Larsson has potential, but this is not her best work. I'm happy to see her on this countdown again though, because I know she is incredibly talented.

~ Shortly after that, we have Better by Khalid. For some reason, I wasn't expecting much going into this song. I haven't exactly loved all of Khalid's work, but I know he's very talented. But I really like Better. I think this is one of the best songs out there currently. Khalid has such a great voice and it sounds so good on this song. He has a very unique sound and it just fits in really nicely with the vibe of the song. The chorus is really enjoyable and it's just a very chill song. I can probably do without the weird vocals at the end, but other than that, this song is excellent and I'm so glad it's here.

~ Oh boy....last (and definitely least) we have Imagine Dragons with the chaos that is Machine. I really like these guys even though the quality of their music has been on a decline over the years. I still think they're talented. But Machine is pure fucking garbage. The beat is very clunky and messy and I hate how it sounds. Dan Reynolds sounds okay in the first half of the first verse. But then he just starts yelling out of nowhere and then we get a chorus full of yells, which does not sound good at all. The chorus sounds like a terrible ripoff of I Love Rock 'n' Roll by Joan Jett. The guitar solo sounds VERY bad and out of place. The end of it leading into the last chorus where Dan shouts "I AM THE MACHINE!!!" is absolutely excruciating to my ears. It makes me want to think this song is some kind of joke. The guitar comes back in the last chorus, making it even worse than it already was. And it ends with another "I am the machine," which doesn't sound as bad as the other one, but it has weird as hell vocal effects. Honestly, this song is a fucking mess from start to end. It tries to be this anthemic political rock tune, but fails in every way possible because Imagine Dragons is the furthest thing from a rock band out of all the bands that are categorized as alternative or rock. I really hope this song doesn't stay because it's trash. This is the second worst song on the countdown right now and it's not very far behind the #1, which I'll get to eventually. Imagine Dragons, you guys need to up your game quite a lot because all this song does is give me a massive headache.


Best Debut of the Week: Khalid – Better


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Post Malone – Wow (DEBUT)
  • Sabrina Carpenter – Sue Me (DEBUT)
  • lovelytheband – Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer – Killer Queen
  • Charli XCX/Troye Sivan – 1999
  • Seeb/Bastille – Grip
  • Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More (DEBUT)
  • Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris – I Found You
  • Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
  • Pitbull/Rhea – Ocean To Ocean
  • Dean Lewis – Be Alright
  • Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe
  • Alessia Cara – Trust My Lonely
  • Lauren Daigle – You Say
  • Travis Scott/Drake – Sicko Mode (DEBUT?)

~ First up is Post Malone with Wow. I think Post is talented and he has a good voice. I don't like this song because I think it's very generic and I don't like how he sounds here. It's not as bad as Psycho and I feel like this is something I can come around over time. But right now, it's not good. I don't recommend it.

~ Next is generic Sabrina Carpenter bringing another uninteresting song. I did like Almost Love and I included it as an honorable mention for my best list of 2018. Other than that, nothing she has done has been that good. Sue Me is another example of that. I don't like how she sounds in the verses. Apparently one of the producers of this song also produced Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato, which I really hated. I can definitely hear the similarities with the bland as hell beat. This is not nearly as bad because Sabrina actually sounds okay in the chorus. But it's not a very interesting song at all.

~ Next we have a song that I am so glad is finally here! It's Miss Me More by Kelsea Ballerini. I love this song so much. I never cared too much for Kelsea Ballerini's music, but Miss Me More is a whole other story. The guitar sounds amazing. The beat is very solid. Kelsea sounds fantastic all throughout the song. I absolutely love that chorus. It is so catchy and easily gets stuck in my head. The background vocals sound great. The lyrics are good. There's nothing here for me to criticize. This is a top-notch track that is currently the best song on Hits 1. This should debut and I have a good feeling that it will. Hopefully it happens soon. I've been a fan of this song for a while and it deserves to be big even if it's a few months old. Also, just a heads up that I have a year-end post coming up where I talk about the Best Songs of 2018 that missed Hits 1 and Miss Me More was already set to appear. I don't feel like changing it so the song will still be included in that post since it is technically eligible for it.

~ From what I've heard, Sicko Mode by Travis Scott featuring Drake, Big Hawk, and Swae Lee apparently did not debut on Hit-Bound. It is on the voting poll though, so I'd like to think that it's supposed to on there. But I'm just going to talk about it anyway. I think this song is very solid and definitely one of the best rap songs of 2018. You guys know how I feel about rap music. I've made my thoughts on the genre pretty clear in the past. But I think Sicko Mode is a great song. Travis Scott sounds really good and I love Drake's contribution. The production is solid and I really like the beat. I think this is a win honestly. I really like this song and I hope it gets to debut on the countdown. It deserves its shot.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Kelsea Ballerini – Miss Me More
2. Travis Scott/Drake – Sicko Mode*
3. Lauren Daigle – You Say
4. Avril Lavigne – Tell Me It's Over
5. Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe

*If Sicko Mode doesn't count, then everything after it moves up one and #5 would be Be Alright by Dean Lewis.


Blurbless
~ We have a new #1 song and of course it goes to Without Me by Halsey despite the song being absolute trash. I'm not going to drone on about this. But Without Me is terribly-written, produced, and sung. Apparently this was nominated for Best Lyrics for the iHeartRadio Music Awards despite being one of the worst written songs of the year. I hate this song with a burning passion. It does not deserve to be #1 and as of right now, it's set to appear in my Worst Songs of 2019, although that may or may not change. We'll see.

~ As much as I don't love This Feeling, I'd much rather see that song at #1. I'll certainly take Happier at #1 again. I'll even take High Hopes for a 9th week at the top as long as it's not Without Me.

~ David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone made a jump into the Top 15. I'm not sure who is voting for this song because of how irrelevant it is. But it's there and it's nothing interesting at all. I would prefer if this were not a hit because it's not really that good. But Hits 1 is weird, so who knows what'll happen to this song?

~ Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine is in the Top 20 even though it's one of the worst songs from Trench. What is good is that Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart jumped into the Top 25. I've made my thoughts on this song clear. It very much deserves to be a hit.

~ Olly Murs – Moves took a hard fall this week even though it's a great song. It's not a hit, so I'm not surprised. But it definitely deserved better because it is a quality song from an man underrated in the U.S. who makes some very catchy songs and is very talented.

~ I feel like the countdown run for Shawn Mendes – In My Blood is coming to an end soon and I've been really enjoying that song lately since I've been praising it in my year-end posts. I feel like for a song that landed at #2 in my Top 45 Songs of 2018, it kind of deserves a week in purple since it was never in my Top 5 Picks prior to this week. So it's the best song on the countdown in my opinion just because I've been listening to it and enjoying it a lot these past couple weeks. I hope the song sticks around longer, but I feel it's time is ending.

~ As far as the exits go, Nervous was not exactly going to last. My Blood was underrated and deserved better. Beautiful lasted much longer than I thought it would and I'm glad it stayed for a while because it is a great song. It will be missed. But good riddance to I Wanna Know, which lasted way too long for an irrelevant song. It should've left a while ago, but I'm glad it didn't stay any longer.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Halsey – Without Me
19. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly

1 – Bad:
18. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine
17. Anne-Marie – 2002

2 – Mediocre:
16. Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next

3 – Decent:
15. David Guetta/Anne-Marie – Don't Leave Me Alone
14. Post Malone/Swae Lee – Sunflower

4 – Good:
13. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
12. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho

5 – Great:
11. Imagine Dragons – Natural
10. Khalid/Normani – Love Lies
9. Fall Out Boy – The Last Of The Real Ones
8. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It
7. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid – Eastside
6. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood
5. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
4. Ariana Grande – Breathin
3. Dan + Shay – Tequila
2. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier
1. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks

Overall Score: 73/100 = 73% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved

Most Missed Countdown Song: Imagine Dragons – Demons (back when they were actually a great band and not trashy like they are now)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Tie Between Walk The Moon – Timebomb and Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#10)


My Top 5 Picks
1. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
2. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks
3. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
4. Khalid – Better
5. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart


My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Halsey – Without Me (should not be anywhere near #1)
2. Imagine Dragons – Machine (should not even exist)
3. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (should not still be here)
4. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (he cannot sing)
5. Lauren Jauregui – Expectations (her voice is nails down a chalkboard)

Congrats to Lauv and Julia Michaels for somehow missing my Bottom 5 Picks.

160 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And that's why I hate TML because I agree with Adrian on that one.

      Delete
    2. And that's why I hate Chase because I agree with Adrian on that one.

      Delete
    3. Adrian, can you please delete Waffle's life this is such an inappropriate comment.

      Delete
    4. ^ This comment is inappropriate in it of itself. Please just go commit Adrian deletes your life.

      Delete
    5. Adrian, I have some important news:

















      Ariana Grande just released her new single, "7 Rings" and it is coming to Z100 this Friday. It will impact pop on January 22.

      Delete
    6. It’s not actually released yet you retarded fuck

      Delete
    7. I just said Adrian, Ariana Grande's new single "7 Rings" will be released to Z100 on January 18. And it will impact pop on January 22.

      Delete
  2. Great post. I completely agree with everything you said about Machine, Sicko Mode, and Without Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disagreed with Waffle. I never heard of Machine yet, and better yet both SICKO MODE and Without Me are so annoying in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. SICKO MODE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your life

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wow Chase, your face doesn't!!!

      Delete
    2. Waffle, this has nothing to do with Adrian and my conversation.

      Delete
    3. Your existence on planet earth has nothing to do with us.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't you uneducated scum

      Delete
    2. Excuse me Waffle, never say that word ever again. That is not appropriate for the blog. One day you will be removed from the blog if you say that rude word.

      Delete
    3. Inb4 Waffle says, "Chase go the fudge away and I hate you."

      Delete
    4. Your face is not appropriate for this blog. Now please go commit self die.

      Delete
    5. Adrian, can somebody delete Waffle's comment for me?

      Delete
    6. How about I delete your fucking life bitch

      Delete
    7. I do not want my life to be deleted Waffle.

      Can a blog administrator please remove the comment above?

      Delete
    8. Yeah. The real Chasetronaut On Air commented on you

      Delete
    9. Umm. I am the real Chasetronaut On Air.

      Delete
  5. Here are a few people that were not being nice to me at all.

    1. Dylan Bender
    2. Waffle
    3. WAMB10
    4. mr. weezer
    5. Miles Washcalus
    6. Nick Perkins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's a reason for that. The reason for that is because nobody likes you, everyone thinks you're extremely annoying and stupid, and nobody wants you to be a part of the blogger community. So please just go the hell away for the love of god!

      Delete
    2. Also you better not respond with something childish and stupid like "Excuse me you fudging need to be nice to me". Grow the fuck up and learn a fucking swear word or 2 you useless autistic tool.

      Delete
    3. I am sorry but I am not an autistic tool. The chase who posted this post is not me.

      Delete
    4. I do not know if the Chase who posted this has autism or not. However, I am the true Chasetronaut On Air and I do not have autism

      Delete
    5. That would explain your inability to listen to us. Autistic children don't listen to their parents.

      Delete
    6. Excuse me, please stop imitating me, the true Chasetronaut On Air. Otherwise, I will be left with no choice but to pursue legal action

      Delete
    7. Also, I insist I do not have autism.

      Delete
    8. Waffle, I must add on that your comment is very inappropriate. My parents love me very much and I do listen to them.

      Adrian, can somebody please delete his comment?

      Delete
    9. *hardly argues with Chase*

      *is #1 on the list*

      okay then

      Delete
  6. Hey guys, just to let you know that I have a feeling that everybody in the world is being nice and not so nice to me at all. I know like we were together. I feel like this should just be it for the rest of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chase we are never ever getting back together

      Delete
    2. Chase. We don't fucking like you. Get that in your tiny ass brain.

      Delete
    3. Excuse me!? That isn't very nice Nick and Waffle.

      Delete
  7. I've got important news guys:




    Pinkfong's "Baby Shark" will be avialable for pop airplay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh my god this is sad to watch you act like a 5 year old.

      Delete
    2. Brady, I'm just joking. I like you a lot.

      Delete
  9. Let's work together to make Adrian's blog a clean cursing free place


    #teambabyshark
    #teamfriendly
    #teamnoswearing
    #teamnowaffle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here are some recommendations:
    Pinkfong - Baby Shark
    Sheck Wes - Mo Bamba
    Post Malone - Wow.
    Travis Scott - Sicko Mode (Skrillex Remix)
    LSD - Mountains
    Benny Blanco ft. Juice WRLD & Brendon Urie - Roses
    Johnny Horton - Battle Of New Orleans
    Blondie - Heart Of Glass
    Mariya Takeuchi - Plastic Love
    Halsey - Without Me ft. Juice WRLD
    Nio Garcia, Casper Magico, Cosculluela - Te Boté II ft. J-Lo, Wisin, and Yandel
    J. Balvin & Willy William - Mi Gente
    Lauren Jauregui - More Than That
    6ix9ine - TIC TOC ft. Lil Baby
    Drake - Blue Tint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That isn't an appropriate comment. Adrian, can somebody please delete nick's comment?

      Delete
    2. Yes To:
      Roses
      Heart Of Glass
      More Than That

      No To:
      Mountains
      6ix9ine

      Not Popular Anymore:
      Mi Gente

      Already On Hits 1:
      Wow
      Sicko Mode
      Without Me

      Don’t Know/Care:
      Everything Else

      Delete
    3. This is why I hate this kind of music.

      Delete
  11. Sorry for posting this late but Sicko Mode did debut HitBound this week. I just heard it on my way home. It didn't have any mentions of the show though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Hits 1 Weekend Countdown Blog: That's not good at all. I really hate SICKO MODE and it's annoying.

      Delete
  12. RIP my Eagles. )x

    Well Montavis, better hope the Rams or Chiefs will get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here are some recommendations:
    Pinkfong - Baby Shark
    Sheck Wes - MO BAMBA
    Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
    Travis Scott/Gunna/NAV - YOSEMITE
    Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a Stranger
    benny blanco & Juice WRLD/Brendon Urie - Roses
    Brett Young - Mercy
    Jimmie Allen - Best Shot
    Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man - Giant
    Billie Eilish - when the party's over
    Backstreet Boys - Chances
    Picture This - One Drink
    Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd - Lost in the Fire
    DaniLeigh/Lil Baby - Lil Bebe
    5 Seconds of Summer/Julia Michaels - Lie to Me
    DJ Snake/Selena Gomez/Ozuna/Cardi B - Taki Taki
    Alessia Cara - Out of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me but where is The Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton. That song is picking up lots of pop radio spins and should be on your list

      Delete
  14. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Lizzo - Juice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hits 1 Voting Poll Recommendations of the Week:
    DAMNBOY! - How High?
    Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd - Lost in the Fire
    Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a Stranger
    Lizzo - Juice
    Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
    Pinkfong - Baby Shark
    DJ Snake/Selena Gomez/Ozuna/Cardi B - Taki Taki
    Meek Mill/Drake - Going Bad
    Khalid/Kane Brown - Saturday Nights
    3LetterzNUK/Marco Foster - I Wonder
    LIVVIA - Damn
    Backstreet Boys - Chances
    Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water
    CHVRHES - Miracle
    for KING & COUNTRY - joy.
    Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man - Giant
    Chris Brown - Undecided
    Gucci Mane, Bruno Mars & Kodak Black - Wake Up in the Sky
    Kodak Black/Travis Scott/Offset - ZEZE
    Ella Mai - Trip
    Billie Eilish & Khalid - lovely
    Alessia Cara - Out of Love

    ReplyDelete
  16. #teamwaffle
    #teamdylanbender
    #teamadriancarrazco
    #teambradyknutson
    #teamnickperkins

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I am currently starting a RD that I think all of you reading this would be interested in participating in. All you have to do is to rank the 40 songs on this page from best to worst: https://billboardtopfortypopsongs.blogspot.com/p/my-top-40-songs-from-2014-2018-rankdown.html. The link to send in your submissions and the deadline is also on that page.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hits 1 Voting Poll Has Been Updated:

    Available for voting:
    Gessaffelstein/The Weeknd - Lost in the Fire
    Jake Miller - Wait for You

    Unavailable for voting:
    Olly Murs - Moves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ And 5SOS - Killer Queen is unavailable for voting. GOOD. I fucking hate awful covers.

      Delete
  19. Am I the first one to notice that the title is out of date and should be changed?

    ReplyDelete
  20. NEW MUSIC ALERT:

    LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius (Remix)

    I heard it and it is such a good song. It will impact pop radio stations very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1:

    Why Don't We - Big Plans

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Weekend Countdown Predictions for 1/19/2019:
    Out:
    Moves
    Side Effects

    In:
    Limitless
    Trust My Lonely

    #1: Without Me (2nd Week)

    Biggest Drop: The Last of the Real Ones (-25)

    Biggest Jump: Speechless (+21)

    HitBound entrants:
    Wait for You
    Lost in the Fire
    San Francisco

    HitBound exits:
    Killer Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's get Side Effects out of the countdown. It is so annoying.

      Delete
    2. Since when was San Francisco available for voting? 🤔

      Delete
    3. I mean, it’s a great song so I wouldn’t mind it entering hit-bound but it’s unlikely

      Delete
    4. ^ No it's mediocre and generic af and Sofia Carson drowned in autotune does not sound good at all

      Delete
  24. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
    Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd - Lost In The Fire (Debut)
    Dean Lewis - Be Alright
    Seeb/Bastille - Grip
    Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe
    Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More
    Lauren Daigle - You Say
    Jake Miller - Wait For You (Debut)
    Post Malone - Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitbound List (part 2):

      Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me
      lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
      Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris - I Found You
      Pitbull/Rhea - Ocean To Ocean
      Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over

      Delete
  25. And Moves left the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chase leaving the comments section >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever songs are leaving the countdown

      Delete
    2. It's me who never uses curse words.

      Delete
    3. And you should start using curse words because they are fucking lit

      Delete
  26. Hits 1 Recommendations for the Voting Poll:
    Jon Bellion - Stupid Deep
    Luc - Glow
    Judah & the Lion - Over My Head
    NF - If You Want Love
    Billie Eilish - when the party's over
    Chris Brown - Undecided
    Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a Stranger
    Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
    Alessia Cara - Out of Love
    Khalid/Kane Brown - Saturday Nights
    The Cranberries - All Over Now
    HOZIER - Movement
    Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water
    Ariana Grande - 7 rings
    Rachel Crow - Up All Night
    Mumford & Sons - Guiding Light
    Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man - Giant
    Barns Courtney - 99
    3LetterzNUK/Marco Foster - I Wonder
    Russ - Missin You Crazy
    Lizzo - Juice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes:
      Dancing With A Stranger
      Bad Liar
      Head Above Water
      7 Rings

      No:
      When The Party’s Over
      Giant

      Don’t know/don’t care:
      Everything else because I only listen to relevant music

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Head Above Water is not on Hits1

      Delete
    4. Sorry, I was confused with Tell Me It’s Over.
      Yes To:
      Dancing With A Stranger
      Bad Liar
      Out Of Love
      Head Above Water
      7 Rings

      No To:
      When The Party’s Over
      Saturday Nights
      Movement
      Giant

      Don’t Know/Care:
      Everything Else

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. Very interesting! Thanks for sharing! Would you like to buy some viagra?

      Delete
    2. Sildenafil, sold as the brand name Viagra among others, is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension.[3] It is unclear if it is effective for treating sexual dysfunction in women.[3] It is taken by mouth or injection into a vein.[3] Onset is typically within 20 minutes and lasts for about 2 hours.[3]

      Common side effects include headaches, heartburn, and flushed skin.[3] Caution is advised in those with cardiovascular disease.[3] Rare but serious side effects include a prolonged erection that can lead to damage to the penis, vision problems, and hearing loss.[3] Sildenafil should not be taken by people on nitrates such as nitroglycerin (glycerin trinitrate), as this may result in a serious drop in blood pressure.[3]

      Sildenafil acts by blocking phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5), an enzyme that promotes breakdown of cGMP, which regulates blood flow in the penis.[3] It requires sexual arousal, however, to work.[3] It also results in dilation of the blood vessels in the lungs.[3]

      Pfizer originally discovered the medication in 1989 while looking for a treatment for heart related chest pain.[4] It was approved for medical use in the United States and Europe in 1998.[3][4] In the United States about 2 million prescriptions were written for sildenafil in 2016.[5] In 2017 it became available as a generic medication.[6] In the United Kingdom it is available over the counter.[7] As of 2018 in the United States the wholesale cost is less than US$1 per dose.[8]

      Delete
  28. https://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/halsey-2-week-of-january-19-2019.html

    -2: F#$% THIS SONG!
    20. Halsey - Without Me

    0: Crap
    19. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
    18. Imagine Dragons - Machine
    17. Ariana Grande - thank u, next
    16. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
    15. Anne-Marie - 2002

    1: Bad
    N/A

    2: Mediocre
    N/A

    3: Decent
    N/A

    4: Good
    14. Post Malone featuring Swae Lee - Sunflower
    13. David Guetta featuring Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
    12. Ellie Goulding and Diplo - Close to Me

    5: Great
    11. Ariana Grande - breathin'
    10. Imagine Dragons - Natural
    9. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
    8. benny blanco featuring Halsey and Khalid - Eastside
    7. Dan + Shay - Tequila
    6. Panic! at the Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
    5. 5 Seconds of Summer - Youngblood
    4. Khalid x Normani - Love Lies
    3. Marshmello featuring Bastille - Happier
    2. Panic! at the Disco - High Hopes
    1. The Chainsmokers featuring Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling

    6: Best Song on the Countdown
    N/A

    Overall Top 20 Score: 65% (B)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20. Agreed
      19. Never heard
      18. Never heard
      17. Agreed
      16. That's my favorite song by the way. I love the remix with Alessia Cara.
      15. Agreed.
      14. I can agree with yo..... holy sugar, I hate Sunflower. It needs to leave this fudging countdown. I hate this kind of crappy hip-hop song.
      13. Disagreed.
      12. Disagreed.
      11. Possibly agre..... ewwww, I hate that song. Why is this song piece of crap, it's horrible.
      10. Disagreed.
      9. Agreed.
      8. I absolutely agree with you on t....... fudge this song. I hate it already. Who needs a piece of crap.
      7. Disagreed.
      6. Never heard.
      5. Of course I hate that crappy song. This song has a lot of sugar in this fudging mind.
      4. "Tell me where your love lies..." no I hate that song. It's crappy and annoying.
      3. Happier is crap. Forget about this sugary song.
      2. This song is overplayed and I hate that song and it's annoying already.
      1. Disagreed.

      Delete
  29. So, the Rams just won the NFC Championship against the Saints, 26-23 in overtime on a 57-yard field goal thanks to a big interception. Montavis, you can relax now.

    That is, unless the Patriots make it out of the AFC Championship. They and the Chiefs are up next!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Full list of winners:
    Best Blogger: Adrian
    Best New Blogger: Nick
    Best Rankdown: 2013 YE (Adrian)
    Funniest Blogger: Ryan
    Best Stan: Waffle For Ariana Grande
    Funniest Moment: Miles vs mr. weezer & Miles getting swapped into a different VC
    Biggest Chart Fan: Miles
    Best Avatar: Nick
    Biggest Annoyance: Chase
    Most Missed: CountdownRecap
    Best Bot: Tatsumaki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not annoying. I am a nice guy like Adrian.

      Delete
    2. ^^^ This is the most wrong statement I've heard in my entire life.

      Delete
  31. Full list of winners:
    Best Blogger: Chasetronaut On Air
    Best New Blogger: Pickle
    Best Rankdown: Adrian
    Funniest Blogger: Ryan
    Best Stan: NONE
    Funniest Moment: NONE
    Biggest Chart Fan: mr. weezer
    Best Avatar: Nick
    Biggest Annoyance: NONE
    Most Missed: CountdownRecap
    Best Bot: Tatsumaki

    ReplyDelete
  32. Billboard news:


    Ariana Grande's "7 rings" may challenge Sunflower for #1 on next week's Billboard Hot 100 chart dated February 2. I hope you guys are gonna like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Guys, I really need help. I wonder if the Discord server is still active. . deleted all the channels expect for one and I left the Discord server because of that. I tried to rejoin the server but it said that the link has expired. I’m really sad right now because of this. If it’s still going, what’s the link again?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Miles is fake Chase confirmed



    Final post out by Super Bowl Sunday, my school is killing me. (Like some people on here *cough*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Miles is real and I didn't confirm that so please stop.

      Delete
  35. Stream my debut single, Sirant ft. Miles Washcalus & Chronicla. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87DWN8rWwE

    ReplyDelete
  36. https://dylansaltrockmusicblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/at40-panic-at-disco-3-week-of-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awful news, Nick:




    Ariana Grande's "7 rings" will debut at #1 on Billboard Hot 100 dethroning Halsey's "Without Me" on next week's BIllboard Hot 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is good news because 7 Rings is good and Without Me is what you would get if you set a landfill on fire

      Delete
    2. I was just talking to Nick, not you.

      Delete
  38. Surprising news guys:




    Panic! at the Disco's "Hey Look Ma, I Made It" will be serviced to Pop, Hot AC and Alternative radio stations on January 29.

    ReplyDelete
  39. https://dylanst45songsoftheweek.blogspot.com/2019/01/week-of-january-4-2019.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Played on Z100 17 times. Lauv & Troye Sivan - i'm so tired...

    ReplyDelete
  41. There's No Way is already flopping pop radio stations because I just didn't feel like it that often. i'm so tired... is such an excellent song to impact pop on January 29 same as Swan Song.

    ReplyDelete
  42. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: for KING & COUNTRY - God Only Knows

    ReplyDelete