Friday, December 14, 2018

Brief Countdown Update

Hey guys! I have returned after my almost three-week absence. I've been extremely busy as these past couple of weeks have been my last two weeks of the semester. So I had presentations, exams, as well as projects and papers. So my schedule has been loaded and I haven't had time to post here. I'm still not completely done with everything as I'm writing this, so this is just going to be short. The December 15 countdown should be posted normally and soon I'll be able to finally start posting year-end related things.


So I missed two weeks, December 1 and December 8. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes was #1 the first of those two weeks for the eighth time. That week, we said goodbye to:


  • LSD – Thunderclouds
  • Walk The Moon – Kamikaze
  • NF – Lie
  • Juice WRLD – Lucid Dreams

I like two of those songs and hate the other two. Hopefully you know which are which. We got four new entrants, which I will review in my next full countdown post because I don't feel up to doing it right now. We also got a few new Hit-Bound debuts, which will also be reviewed in my next post. So that's stuff to look forward to. The only noticeable move this week was the tanking of Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan out of the Top 30 for some reason. Very unfortunate as that's a great song.


Moving on to week of December 8, 5 Seconds Of Summer – Youngblood was #1 that week for the fifth time. No songs exited the countdown, which means nothing debuted. That's a good thing for me because I really don't need more songs to review next post on top of the four from the previous week AND however many debut next week. We did get a debut on Hit-Bound from Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart, which you will get to see me praise next post. Regarding interesting moves, The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling got a boost to #2. I'm not sure how to feel about that because the song isn't as good now. The drop is not that good. But it's still better than the majority of the other songs from the Sick Boy era. Dan + Shay – Tequila moved into the Top 10, which is great. I still love that song a lot and I'm glad that it's this successful. Shawn Mendes – Nervous is doing unexpectedly well. It's a good song, but I still prefer Lost In Japan, so I don't know why that one had to tank for this. Little Mix is up in the Top 20, which is always a good thing. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow tanked at some point since it's out of the Top 30 unfortunately. That one deserved better. So yeah. I think those were all the interesting moves that happened.


Like I said, the next countdown post should be normal. Then Year-End posts will start coming out. I'm almost done with all of my school work. Then I can put more focus here as we wrap up 2018. So stay tuned!


(Also, because of repeated requests, I am turning on comment moderation. We'll see how long it needs to stay on.)


#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Why Don't We – 8 Letters


My Top 5 Picks
1. The Struts/Kesha – Body Talks
2. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – Shallow
3. Dan + Shay – Tequila
4. Backstreet Boys – Don't Go Breaking My Heart
5. Shawn Mendes/Zedd – Lost In Japan

14 comments:

  1. Hitbound List (part 1):

    Dan + Shay - Speechless
    Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely
    Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
    Seeb/Bastille - Grip (Debut)
    Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
    Imagine Dragons - Machine
    Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me
    Dean Lewis - Be Alright
    Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitbound List (part 2):

      Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
      James Arthur - Empty Space
      Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999 (Debut)
      Khalid - Better
      Lauren Daigle - You Say (Debut)
      5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen

      Delete
  2. Ok, now that we can have mature conversations again, anybody have any thoughts about the Grammy nominations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not talk about the Grammy nominations in a near future post. 👀

      Delete
  3. Countdown post is up, everyone. :)

    https://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-chainsmokers-kelsea-ballerini-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://commonhistorywar.blogspot.com/
    Yes I exist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My AT40 post for this week is out! Check it out:

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2018/12/at40-marshmello-3-week-of-december-15.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Countdown post is up!

    http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-chainsmokers-1-week-of-december-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I found out on January 8th chances (backstreet boys)is being released to top 40 stations so possibly hits 1 on siriusxm to. So another possibility of a debut on the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Voting poll is updated:

    Nothing new available.

    Unavailable For Voting:

    Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
    Taylor Swift - Delicate
    Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises
    Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow
    Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last week's countdown is out! Check it out:

    http://sxmhits1weekendcountdownblog.blogspot.com/2018/12/5-seconds-of-summer-5-week-of-december.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete