Thursday, August 24, 2017

Shawn Mendes (4) – Week Of August 19, 2017

My AGT posts should start coming out one of these next couple of days. I realize that I'm behind. As far as the countdown goes, this week was pretty good for the most part. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Harry Styles – Sign Of The Times (#40)
  • Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club (#43)

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons – Believer
The Countdown
45. Noah Cyrus – Stay Together (#44)
44. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On (#45)
43. Miley Cyrus – Malibu (#42)
42. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#41) [4 Weeks At #1]
41. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper – I'm The One (#36)
40. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#38) [8 Weeks At #1]
39. Julia Michaels – Issues (#39)
38. Train – Play That Song (#37)
37. Hey Violet – Hoodie (DEBUT)
36. Childish Gambino – Redbone (#27)
35. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar (#33)
34. Bruno Mars – That's What I Like (#34) [1 Week At #1]
33. P!nk – What About Us (DEBUT)
32. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (#15)
31. Shawn Mendes – Mercy (#31)
30. James Arthur – Say You Won't Let Go (#29)
29. AJR – Weak (#23)
28. Halsey – Now Or Never (#19)
27. Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls (#11)
26. Linkin Park/Kiiara – Heavy (#25)
25. Julia Michaels – Uh Huh (#28)
24. Bruno Mars/David Guetta – Versace On The Floor (#24)
23. Kesha – Praying (#35)
22. Lady Gaga – The Cure (#20)
21. Kygo/Selena Gomez – It Ain't Me (#22)
20. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals – Back To You (#26)
19. The Chainsmokers – Honest (#30)
18. All Time Low – Good Times (#14)
17. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels (#13)
16. Fall Out Boy – Champion (#18)
15. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#21)
14. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#16) [3 Weeks At #1]
13. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#32)
12. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee (#10)
11. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
10. Linkin Park – One More Light (#12)
  9. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (#6)
  8. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito (#3)
  7. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#8) [9 Weeks At #1]
  6. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#7) [4 Weeks At #1]
  5. Charlie Puth – Attention (#9)
  4. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
  3. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#17)
  2. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#4)
  1. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (–17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (+19)

New Entrants
~ We have two new songs this week. The first comes from Hey Violet debuting yet again. This one is called Hoodie. I have to say, the third time really was the charm for this group. Their first two songs had a mix of annoying vocals and messy production. Hoodie is actually something I can get into. There's a major step up with the vocals. I think the chorus is really catchy. The production sounds pretty good. The only thing still questionable is the lyrical content, which isn't even as bad as it was before. I'm quite impressed. Hey Violet finally managed to win me over.

~ Our next entrant is the return of P!nk. She returns with What About Us, which is the lead single to her new album. Right off the bat, I'm sure we can all agree that this isn't her best song. But at the same time, it's hard for most artists to top some of their older work. What About Us is definitely different from what we used to get from P!nk. At first, I didn't think it was really that interesting. But with more listens, I quickly grew into it. While her voice fits really well in the pop-rock genre, I feel like it fits very well here as well. Her voice is what makes this song stand out the most. I feel like if someone else sang this song, it just wouldn't be as good. P!nk is arguably one of the best female vocalists and she really shows off what she can do in this song. I love the lyrics and how the song was written. I love the flow from verse to chorus. The song is mesmerizing enough to the point where I didn't realize it was four and half minutes long until the end. While the song is long, it has my attention from start to end, which is what you want. Overall, I think the song is fantastic. P!nk has managed to impress me yet again. I really hope this does as well, if not better than Just Like Fire because I feel like What About Us is arguably the better song.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (DEBUT)
  • Halsey – Bad At Love
  • Andy Grammer – Give Love
  • Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises
  • Imagine Dragons – Thunder
  • Sabrina Carpenter – Why (DEBUT)
  • Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
  • Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious
  • The All-American Rejects – Sweat
  • Selena Gomez – Fetish (DEBUT)
  • Harry Styles – Two Ghosts
  • Rita Ora – Your Song
  • Zedd/Liam Payne – Get Low
  • The Revivalists – Wish I Knew You

~ There are a few new songs I never actually talked about, plus this week's debuts. So I'll try to touch on all of them

~ I've heard Portugal. The Man a lot on SiriusXM Alt Nation (channel 36). Feel It Still seems to be a very popular song on that station having racked up about 12 weeks at #1 on the Alt-18 Countdown. I can't say this is something I really enjoy. The vocals are a little weird. But I'll admit, it's a very catchy song. But it really isn't anything amazing.

~ Halsey is back on Hit-Bound. Bad At Love is definitely a step up from Now Or Never mainly because we actually get to hear that good voice she has. She's definitely a talented singer. But in a song like Now Or Never, she doesn't show it off. But in Bad At Love, that's a different story. Though it's still not anything amazing, it is a step up and that's kind of what we're looking for.

~ I think it's a competition between Despacito and No Promises for which song Hits 1 picked up on the latest. No Promises has been around for a very long time and it has pretty much already hit its peak on most, if not all charts. That aside, it is a good song. It's catchy. The drop isn't that amazing, but the rest of the song is good. I like the combination of Trevor Dahl's and Demi Lovato's vocals. I don't enjoy it now as much as I did before. I don't think it'll make it on the countdown, but who knows?

~ Sabrina Carpenter seems to be one of those Disney stars trying to make it big. I liked Thumbs for a little while, but at some point it got slightly annoying. As far as her new single goes, I don't see the appeal. It's just underwhelming for the most part. Her voice isn't that great. I really don't like the chopped up vocals in the chorus. It reminds me too much of Gold by Kiiara, which I deemed one of the worst songs of 2016. Do I think this song will make it big? No, and I hope not. It's definitely not an awful song, but it's mediocre at best.

~ With how Selena Gomez's music has been this past year or so, my opinion on Fetish should not be a surprise. Weak vocals, dumb lyrical content, messy production, etc. I just think the lyric, "You've got a fetish for my love," sounds dumb. Now it isn't as bad as Bad Liar, but she still fails to impress me, which doesn't surprise me. Moving on.

~ I'll admit that when I first listened to Zedd/Liam Payne – Get Low, I thought it was fun and catchy. That got old really fast. I didn't have high expectations for Liam at all. But Zedd really disappointed me. His music was already getting questionable with Stay, but this is just Zedd hitting rock bottom. I want something more along the lines of Clarity, Stay The Night, or most songs off of True Colors. It's pretty clear Zedd's trying to go mainstream. You almost can't even call this EDM. There's several other flaws with the song that I won't go into now. I'll talk more about it if it debuts, which it probably will.

~ Finally, we have The Revivalists debuting with Wish I Knew You. This is something I can definitely get into. I really like the vibe and the instrumentation is good as well. The vocals are pretty good for the most part. But after one listen, that chorus was in my head not much longer later.


What About Blurbs
~ So Shawn Mendes back at the top? Fine by me. I enjoy looking up pictures of him for these posts. That aside, it's still better than Believer at #1. HOWEVER, I would MUCH prefer Believer at #1 than that song that just magically jumped to #3 this week.

~ Niall Horan seems to have jumped up to #2 this week with Slow Hands. I feel like this is a better choice for #1 than This Town. So if this hits #1, I'll be happy. It's still a pretty good song, especially compared to a couple of the other One Direction members' songs.

~ Ugh. That #3. Just no. Hits 1 never gets this kind of music on their countdown. The only reason it's here is because it's Liam and they love any bit of One Direction they can get their hands on. The fact that I'd prefer Believer at #1 over this says a lot.

~ With Charlie Puth hosting the countdown, it would only make sense that his song would jump into the Top 5. I still enjoy this song and I'm glad it's not something as slow as One Call Away. It's actually pretty catchy in a way.

~ Linkin Park – One More Light jumped into the Top 10 this week. I still get a little emotional whenever I hear this song. I guess you can say I still haven't fully moved on from Chester Bennington's death. While this is a very good song, it actually makes moving on harder. At least for me.

~ Of the three debuts last week, of course Demi Lovato had to have the Biggest Jump of the Week, especially when the other two debuts are much more enjoyable and are better overall.

~ Gotta love how MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low is just now hitting the Top 20. It's been here for quite a few months now and it has spent most of its time in the Bottom 20. I'm not complaining though. I still like the song a lot, mainly because I haven't listened to it in a while.

~ Hailee Steinfeld – Most Girls dropped quite a bit this week. I'm a little happy and sad at the same time. I'm sad because it's a pretty good song. But I'm glad because I really don't want it to become the next Starving. I'd be fine with a couple more months, but anything beyond that might be a little too much.

~ Also taking a big drop is DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts. I really don't understand why, considering that it's one of the biggest songs in the country right now. This isn't even what I would consider a full-on rap song. Hits 1, you need to seriously get it together. This is just not okay.

~ Good to know that Hits 1 thinks Liam Payne singing about sex in a horribly produced track is better than Harry Styles bringing a song that incorporates different genres and is actually very well produced. Something is obviously wrong here and hopefully the people that run this countdown have enough brains to figure it out.

~ While I'm disappointed about Sign Of The Times, Crying In The Club deserved to leave. I'm glad this song didn't actually get that big after all. Just goes to show that Camila is probably gonna continue to flop one single after the other.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Liam Payne – Strip That Down

1 – Bad:
19. Imagine Dragons – Believer
18. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry

2 – Mediocre:
17. Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road

3 – Decent:
16. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay
15. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You

4 – Good:
14. All Time Low – Good Times

5 – Great:
13. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
12. Niall Horan – Slow Hands
11. Panic! At The Disco – L.A. Devotee
10. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
9. Linkin Park – One More Light
8. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
7. Charlie Puth – Attention
6. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals – Back To You
5. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber – Despacito
4. Fall Out Boy – Champion
3. The Chainsmokers – Honest
2. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This

Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Nickelback – Savin' Me

Most Missed Countdown Song: Zedd/Foxes – Clarity

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Rachel Platten – Broken Glass

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend (#17)


My Top 5 Picks
1. P!nk – What About Us
2. Kesha – Praying
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay – Something Just Like This
4. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts
5. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry – Feels

335 comments:

  1. Random question, are you going to watch the comment section more? Because it's still really out of hand.

    "I liked Thumbs for a little while, [b]but at some point it got slightly annoying.[/b]" https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4495474.jpg

    (I think I did the bold thing correctly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel It Still sucks.

    How dare you trash Strip That Down like that! It seems as if whenever you put a song in blue, it turns to red and you really hate it sometime after. And that song always tends to be one I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude let him have a bloody opinion

      Delete
    2. It's me fully forming an opinion. My opinion may change sometimes. And the fact that songs I dislike happen to songs that you like is just coincidental I guess.

      Delete
    3. Parker, stop unleashing your salt onto everyone because Adrian hates a song you happen to like.

      Delete
    4. And Adrian, why is Why and Get Low in red? They're both awesome.

      Delete
    5. And why is Hoodie in green? It's an awful song to me.

      Delete
    6. ATR, I think Adrian has already explained his thoughts on the songs above. How about reading his posts instead of just commenting for once?

      Delete
    7. And plus you're not trashing me because you like Strip That Down and I hate it.

      Delete
    8. ATR, I explained everything in the post. Reading before commenting is always a good idea.

      Delete
  3. Throwback pick:
    http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/post/6243197/thread

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, Adrian! I did not expect you to like What About Us like that. And once again I expected Praying to be purple, but I was wrong. I can definitely agree with you on Fetish, however.

    Even more shocking to me is the fact that you have a Zedd song in red. I expected you to like Get Low since there's no rapping and it's better than Strip That Down, but no, I was wrong again. I can't believe both artists disappointed you in so many ways.

    BTW, I'm almost at 10,000 Pageviews on my blog! Thanks to everyone who's been reading! I'll have a very special post out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're almost at 10,000 pageviews on your countdown blog really Montavis?

      Delete
    2. I have over 10,000 page views but I haven't posted a special.

      Delete
    3. Because you don't post at all, and your page isn't even all that good or interesting.

      Delete
  5. My countdown post is now out! Here's the link: http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com/2017/08/shawn-mendes-4-week-of-august-19-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Armin Van Buuren/Olaf Blackwood - I Need You

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1 & Everyone: Look What You Made Me Do- Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like this song more than I should. Gotta love the part though when she says the old Taylor is dead.

      Delete
    2. I've been listening to this non-stop since it was released. This is like Bad Blood meets Blank Space on steroids, it's that good.

      Delete
    3. "August 24, 2017 at 11:27 PM"
      It wasn't on Hits 1 the time he commented, get your facts right.

      Delete
  8. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2017/08/billboard-hot-100-9217-despacito-luis.html

    BBH100 post is out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I think it's pretty good. The chorus isn't that great, but I really like the rest of the song.

      Delete
    2. It's good, but it'll become trash for me if they overplay it like crazy.

      Delete
    3. It's Taylor "I'm am a snake queen" Swift, of course it's gonna be overplayed, she's a fucking radio darling.

      Delete
  10. My Predictions:
    Exits:
    Stay Together
    Malibu

    Entrants:
    Give Love
    Glorious (it's debuting for sure)

    #1: Attention

    Biggest Jump: Hoodie (+20)
    Biggest Drop: Shape of You (-12)

    HitBound Entrants:
    PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
    Justin Bieber ft. BloodPop - Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say Thunder and No Promises debut in place of Give Love

      Delete
    2. REPLACE GIVE LOVE WITH THUNDER!!!

      Delete
    3. The other debut will be Thunder instead of Give Love this week.

      Delete
  11. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 8/26/17?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My weekend countdown predictions for 8/26/17:
    Exits:
    Just Hold On
    Starving
    Closer
    Mercy
    Redbone
    Hoodie
    Stay Together

    Entrants:
    Glorious
    Give Love
    Thunder
    No Promises
    Get Low
    Fetish
    Two Ghosts

    #1: Strip That Down

    Biggest Drop: Shape Of You

    Biggest Jump: I'm The One

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    Mi Gente
    There For You
    Something Different
    Would You Mind
    Friends
    Dead
    New Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are NOT going to have 7 exits this week, maybe next week.

      Delete
    2. ATR: Three exits/entrants. The two songs added to the poll plus the new Taylor Swift song.

      WAMB10: -_-

      Delete
    3. Parker, what two songs were added to the poll?

      Delete
    4. Friends and Would You Mind. Too me, neither are good.

      Delete
  14. Am I the only one who thinks strip that down sounds like wasn't me by shaggy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What makes you think that? I see no connection.

      Delete
    2. I think you might be. It Wasn't Me is a much better song that's a lot more reggae. But its simplicity actually helps the song. Strip That Down is a try-hard R&B type song that's just less exciting in my opinion.

      But ultimately, there's no real connection between the two songs.

      Delete
    3. I don't think that they have any connection though.

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. DogStarRadio is down again -_-

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Taylor's new song, but even though it isn't great yet I can't stop listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finally got a radio chart post out on time! It's in a new format as well!

    Here is the post:
    https://countdownguyblog.blogspot.com/2017/08/charlie-puth-1-prc-august-25-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Taylor Swift should just go back to her old country days because her new song is really bad. Maybe her worst yet. Unfortunately, Hits 1 and all other mainstream radio stations will play it every half hour just to shove it down everyone's throat. Won't be surprised if it gets on the Countdown tomorrow and debuts at #1 on Billboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably won't debut on the Billboard this week, but probably the next at #1.

      Delete
    2. It isn't one the countdown yet. Probably will be on September 2 though.

      Delete
  20. New AT40 post is out, folks!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/08/at40-review-shawn-mendes-1-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. First set of five:

    45. Just Hold On
    44. Issues
    43. Redbone
    42. Starving
    41. I'm The One

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40. Bad Liar
      39. Closer
      38. The Cure (this is getting punched to the face lol)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  22. Everyone is ranting about Look What You Made Me Do, I'll rate it.
    Vocals: 8.5/10
    Lyrics: 9/10
    Chorus: 10/10 (love it xD)
    Production: 5.5/10
    Overall: 223/275 (Score: 72, means pretty good)

    To put the cap on top, I think it's a good recovery. "The old Taylor is dead" tho.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 38. The Cure (Biggest Drop)

    Sadly, this won't be much longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it coming since I hardly even heard it throughout the week. I really don't care though.

      Delete
    2. 37. Train - Play That Song

      Lol it's just sittin' around doing its thing.

      Delete
    3. OH COME ON DOGSTARRADIO ME AND MONTAVIS ARE TRYING TO DO THE COUNTDOWN RIGHT NOW

      Delete
    4. Anyway, I have #36.

      36. Glorious (DEBUT)

      Delete
    5. I'm actually listening to the countdown right now, so I can keep up with what's playing.

      Delete
    6. 34. TWIL (when will this just leave)

      Delete
  24. Second set of five:

    40. Bad Liar
    39. Closer
    38. The Cure (Biggest drop)
    37. Play That Song (Why Is This Still Here?!)
    36. Glorious (DEBUT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some random reason I still enjoy PTS lol

      Delete
  25. Third set of five:

    35. Mercy
    34. That's What I like
    33. Thunder (DEBUT)
    32. Now Or Never
    31. Uh Huh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 35. Ok I am done just leave I am begging for mercy
      34. Same with u
      33. DONWISNFUWHWHDKWNWURHNQJNDY (that mean it was so amazing I don't even know what to say)
      32. Meh, kinda aggravating that it's still here. Kinda yucky.
      31. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. 35. Eh, I'm ready for this to go but whatever.
      34. Stay as long as you like.
      33. Sure.
      32. Eh.
      31. Leave!

      Delete
  26. They're pausing to play Mono Mind - Save Me. Here's the last four:

    30. Wild Thoughts
    29. Say You Won't Let Go
    28. Hoodie
    27. Heavy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fifth set of five:

    25. Honest
    24. Weak
    23. It Ain't Me
    22. What About Us
    21. Despacito

    ReplyDelete
  28. *sees what you typed for #24* Uh, Weak or Lights Down Low?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. That was meant to be a reply to the fifth set of five.

      Delete
  29. Sixth Set Of Five:
    20. Praying
    19. Back To You
    18. Versace On The Floor
    17. Good Times
    16. Feels

    ReplyDelete
  30. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: CNCO & Little Mix - Reggaeton Lento

    ReplyDelete
  31. Seventh set of five:

    15. Champion
    14. Sorry Not Sorry
    13. Shape Of You
    12. Most Girls
    11. L.A. Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  32. 15. Champion
    14. Sorry Not Sorry
    13. Shape of You
    12. Most Girls (RECOVERED!)
    11. L.A. Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Top 10 Entries:

    SJLT (re-entry)
    COTH (re-entry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I heard the former as Most Wutchuwanted multiple times throughout the week, so that's not surprising.

      Delete
    2. Top 5 entries:
      Body Like A Back Road (re-entry)

      Delete
  35. 9. One More Light

    Yeah I know this is kind of a tribute single (I say "kind of" because it existed before the suicide), but it's fascinating that it's done this well in such a short time. It could end up being the Girls Talk Boys of 2017 (a song that's popular literally nowhere else but does really well here and manages to make the final Top 45).

    ReplyDelete
  36. #1 is either Strip That Down or Attention.

    If it's the former, Adrian is gonna be PISSED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Strip That Down is #5, so Adrian doesn't have to worry.

      Delete
    3. Oh, whoops. I totally derped there. For some reason I forgot that Strip That Down had played at #5. Derp.

      Delete
    4. I would've been #PISSED the most if Strip That Down was #1.

      Delete
    5. So does Adrian. You don't want that.

      Delete
    6. I don't wanna be pissed either

      Delete
  37. Eighth set of five:

    10. Stay
    9. One More Light
    8. Something Just Like This
    7. Slow Hands
    6. Castle On The Hill

    ReplyDelete
  38. Exits:
    x43. Malibu
    x45. Stay Together

    ReplyDelete
  39. Replies
    1. Oh okay.
      2. Believer
      3. TNHMB
      4. BLABR (I'll take this over Strip That Down any day)

      Delete
  40. My brand spanking new countdown post is out!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/08/charlie-puth-1-week-of-august-26-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My countdown is done too ;-;
      http://hits1weekendcountdownmusic.blogspot.com/2017/08/charlie-puth-1.html

      Delete
  41. Those two weekend countdown debuts are going to try and go for the gold. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  42. So, seems that LWYMMD is projected for the highest single week sales since Hello in 2015. Not only that, but remember how various songs like CSTF and 24K Magic have debuted on the Bubbling Under with three days of airplay and nothing else? Well, LWYMMD could actually defy that and debut with just that airplay. Holy smokes.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Stay was Garbage. Get Low is good but.. Nowhere near Zedd's best. Just another artist trying to stay mainstream by selling out to Chainsmokers trends

    ReplyDelete
  45. Seriously guys. Why do you want The Cure to have the biggest drop of the week this week?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Replies
    1. Where did you make this your new icon, Chase?

      Delete
    2. Why are you so concerned over an icon?

      Delete
    3. Because every time I see a new icon on someone commenting here, I always reply back to them. That's why I was so concerned over an icon.

      Delete
    4. Just like from a month ago when I told Leah that her new icon was pretty but didn't reply back to me.

      Delete
    5. Miles, this has nothing to do with the conversation.

      Delete
    6. And I better not listen to a 13 year old girl who thinks the world is full of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

      Delete
  47. Countdown post is out!!!

    https://chase400.blogspot.com/2017/08/taylor-swift-1-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  49. The new Taylor Swift MV is out!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA

    ReplyDelete
  50. So, I watched Taylor Swift's new music video for Look What You Made Me Do, and...






















































































































































    Wow. That was absolutely iconic right there. That intro where Taylor Swift is a zombie reminds me of Thriller, and that ending...I'm speechless. She shows that with every new album, she reinvents herself and she does it well. Here's to hoping this wins video of the year because this is epic.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Was hoping for Bruno Mars to take Artist of the Year but I'm okay with Ed Sheeran getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What are you guys' best and worst songs of 2017 so far?
    Here's mine...
    Best: Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
    Worst: AJR - Weak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best: Praying, Sign Of The Times, HUMBLE, LWYMMD, Green Light, Wild Thoughts, and a few more.

      Worst: Tunnel Vision, XO TOUR Llif3, Body Like A Back Road, Bon Apetit, Privacy, Congratulations, Issues, Uh Huh, Everyday We Lit, and probably more.

      Delete
    2. Miles, you're only supposed to say one best song and one worst song.

      Delete
    3. He can put honorable mentions if he wants.

      Delete
    4. Best:
      Break Up Every Night (Chainsmokers)
      Fetish
      Guys My Age
      Heavydirtysoul
      I Got You
      Make Me (Cry)
      Rolex
      Still Got Time
      Swalla
      Thumbs

      Worst:
      Dancing on My Own
      Drowning
      Lights Down Low
      Say You Won't Let Go
      Tunnel Vision

      Delete
    5. WAMB10: It's called a top 10 list, and this is about as much as I got for best and worst of the year, deal with it!

      Delete
    6. I'll only do songs that debuted on the Hot 100.

      Best:
      XO TOUR Llif3
      Unforgettable
      Wokeuplikethis*
      Tunnel Vision
      Rolex
      Bad and Boujee
      Bank Account
      I Feel It Coming

      Worst:
      iSpy
      Water
      Rockabye
      Love On The Brain
      Redbone
      Swang
      I Don't Wanna Live Forever

      Thank God You Said never debuted the Hot 100. It would've gotten some real shit from me if it did.

      Delete
    7. Best:
      Mi Gente
      LWYMMD
      Thunder
      What About Us
      Praying

      Worst:
      Unforgettable
      Fetish
      Get Low
      Feels
      BLABR

      Delete
    8. Here are my dishonorable mentions so far this year:
      My S**t
      Rolex
      Everyday
      XO Tour Llif3
      Woke Up Like This
      Privacy
      Break My Heart
      Still Got Time
      4 A.M.
      First Day Out
      Do Re Mi
      Whatever You Need
      Butterfly Effect
      Tunnel Vision
      It's A Vibe
      Slippery
      Drowning
      Everyday We Lit
      Magnolia
      Love Galore
      Location
      Rake It Up
      Hoodie
      Redbone
      Bank Account
      Bodak Yellow
      Young, Dumb, & Broke
      You Da Baddest
      Heavy Heart
      F*ck That Check Up
      We Ball
      1942 Flows
      Wins & Losses
      Issues (Meek Mill)

      Delete
    9. Bottom 10 songs of 2017:
      10. You Da Baddest
      9. Woke Up Like This
      8. Location
      7. Young, Dumb, & Broke
      6. Rolex
      5. Break My Heart
      4. Everyday We Lit
      3. Do Re Mi
      2. Bodak Yellow
      1. Redbone

      Delete
    10. Best
      1. TNHMB
      2. Shape of you
      3. I Got You
      4. Slide
      5. Despacito
      6. I Feel It Coming
      7. Castle on the hill
      8. Something Just Like This
      9. Chained to the Rhythm
      10. Feels
      Worst
      1. Body Like A Back Road
      2. Redbone
      3. I'm The One
      4. Sorry Not Sorry
      5. Fetish
      6. Bad Liar
      7. Down Marian Hill
      8. Bon Appetite
      9. Issues
      10. Uh Huh

      Delete
    11. *looks a thing ATR's worst lists*

      You, sir, will not be missed.

      Delete
    12. Top 10 songs of 2017:
      10. Honest
      9. I Feel It Coming
      8. The Cure
      7. Something Just Like This
      6. It Ain't Me
      5. I'm The One
      4. That's What I Like
      3. Don't Leave
      2. Wild Thoughts
      1. Feel It Still

      Delete
    13. Oops. I forgot to put Uh Huh at my dishonorable mentions of the year.

      Delete
    14. Alondra Lopez: My thoughts on your Top 10 best & worst song of 2017.

      Best:
      1. I definitely agree. Easily one of Shawn Mendes' best singles to date.
      2. I do like this, but not to a huge degree.
      3. Same as #2.
      4. Definitely a step up from This Is What You Came For, although I may find its successor better, at least as of right now.
      5. I know there are some people who are still sick of this (in part because it may break One Sweet Day's record on Billboard), but not me. Still a very solid song.
      6. Yep, definitely a fan favorite in the blogging community. Mine too.
      7. Probably better than Shape Of You in my opinion, because of better lyrics.
      8. Easily one of the best songs of the year by a landslide.
      9. I've always loved Katy Perry, and this song is no exception. Definitely one of the best comeback singles we've had all year.
      10. I don't know if it's better than Slide yet, but I love this.

      Worst:
      1. I'm so with you right there.
      2. While it does remind me of classic R&B and I do like plenty of classic R&B songs, I'm just simply not a fan, mainly because of the vocals.
      3. I can't really say it's that bad, but I am losing interest.
      4. It's no Cool For The Summer or Confident, but I still kinda like this.
      5. Arguably one of Selena Gomez's worst singles and for good reason. Doesn't help that it features Gucci Mane.
      6. Same as above, except it's worse.
      7. Haven't really listened to it, so I don't have much of an opinion on it.
      8. Meh, not one of Katy's best and I'm sure she can do better. At least it's not This Is How We Do.
      9. I'll probably still kinda like this because it has a meaning, even though I'm not a fan of Julia's vocals.
      10. Her successor, however, is a different story. It has no meaning, and Julia's vocals are worse here. Definitely one of the worst songs of the year.

      Delete
  53. Adrian, DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  54. New post on my blog!!!

    https://chase400.blogspot.com/2017/08/new-color-code.html

    ReplyDelete
  55. Let's get Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" on HitBound to dethrone "Galway Girl" right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Let's get that song to debut Hit Bound next week.

      Delete
    2. And Chase, I can't believe you have a new icon.

      Delete
    3. No one fucking cares about some new icon!

      Delete
    4. Yeah. That's right Miles. No one cares about some new icon.

      Delete
  56. What's the Billboard Hot 100 chart so far? Did Despacito tie the record for most weeks at #1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The top 10 won't be released until around 2 PM EDT, you idiot.

      Delete
  57. And Adrian, what about your AGT posts?

    ReplyDelete