Saturday, October 18, 2014

Taylor Swift (3) – Week Of October 18, 2014


Taylor Swift continues being our #1 artist who now has a song that debuted directly on the countdown. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (#29)
  • The 1975 – Girls (#38)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
The Countdown
45. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#21)
44. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#45)
43. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#34)
42. Jesse McCartney – Superbad (#31)
41. Mary Lambert – Secrets (#40)
40. Ariana Grande – Problem (#37)
39. Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods (DEBUT)
38. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#9)
37. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#43)
36. Magic! – Rude (#42)
35. Ella Henderson – Ghost (DEBUT)
34. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#45)
33. Rixton – Wait On Me (#19) [NO! WRONG WAY!!!]
32. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda (#27)
31. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#13)
30. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#24)
29. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#28)
28. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#26)
27. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#20)
26. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#35)
25. Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer (#39)
24. Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One (#32)
23. R5 – Heart Made Up On You (#41)
22. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#16)
21. Sheppard – Geronimo (#36)
20. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (#33)
19. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#23)
18. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#15)
17. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#14)
16. Maroon 5 – Animals (#30)
15. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#2)
14. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love (#17)
13. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#3)
12. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#18)
11. MKTO – American Dream (#10)
10. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#5)
  9. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#6)
  8. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#25) [You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me...]
  7. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#7)
  6. Maroon 5 – Maps (#8)
  5. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#12)
  4. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#4)
  3. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#22)
  2. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#11)
  1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (–29)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (+19) 

New Entrants
~ Long-time Hit-Bound veteran Ella Henderson – Ghost debuted this week. It's really catchy and I really like her voice. I'm surpirsed it took her and Ryan Tedder only 20 minutes to make the song.

~ Taylor Swift debuted with Out Of The Woods. I just love this move Taylor Swift made in her music. I love it. It's a really good song. Well done Taylor. You've amazed me yet again.

Hit-Bound
~ Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame needs to debut soon!!!

~ Vance Joy – Riptide is on Hit-Bound. I found it pretty flavorless at first. But then I started to get into it. It's good.

~ Magic! – Let Your Hair Down is also on Hit-Bound. It's okay. We'll see if it gets better (or worse).

~ David Guetta/Sam Martin – Dangerous expectedly debuted on Hit-Bound this week. 

~ I now have a solid opinion on Meghan Trainor – Title. It's pretty bad. She probably ended up calling her EP Title because she couldn't come up with an actual title.

~ I can't even tell you how bad Bastille – Flaws is. Electronic is not their style of music at all.

~ Lil Jon/Tyga – Bend Ova should debut on Hit-Bound. It's really catchy.

~ Matt Nathanson – Headphones and Mr. Probz – Waves should also debut on Hit-Bound.

In Your Blurbs
~ I'm happy that Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy is all the way at #38. But Kongos – Come With Me Now back in the Top 10 is a serious problem. Fix it Hits 1! Can there ever be a week where we don't have an old song in the Top 10?

~ 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia needs to leave. I'm so sick of it it's not even funny.

~ Fall Out Boy – Centuries and Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow made jumps into the Top 3 for the first time.

~ No. It is not an error. Sometimes a song you were so sick of just hypnotizes you into liking it again. And that's what happened with Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be.

~ All six of last week's entrants jumped at #25 and above.

~ Before everyone starts wondering and complaining about why Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch is #34, Sam Smith – Stay With Me is #45. Songs from the same artist can't be anywhere near each other.

~ Rixton – Wait On Me dropping to #33 is not okay at all. Geez Hits 1.

~ Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang is back in the Top 5. Stay there.

~ Nicki Minaj – Anaconda will probably be leaving us soon unfortunately. Thanks for being here anyway.

~ Something tells me OneRepublic – Counting Stars will not leave the countdown until it has been on there for a year.

~ I'm really confused. Is OneRepublic – I Lived on Hit-Bound?

~ Hit 45 Chart is out. Click here to find out if Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame will hold #1 for a fourth week in a row.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods
2. Rixton – Wait On Me
3. Ella Henderson – Ghost
4. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms
5. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang

71 comments:

  1. Hit-Bound
    Riptide- Vance Joy
    Blame- Calvin Harris/John Newman
    Title- Meghan Trainor
    Break The Rules- Charli XCX
    I Lived- One Republic
    Love Like That- Tiffany Houghton
    Dangerous- David Guetta/Sam Martin (DEBUT)
    Reflections- MisterWives
    L.A. Love (La La)- Fergie
    Too Cool To Dance- Eden XO
    I Can't Stop Drinking About You- Bebe Rexha
    Let Your Hair Down- Magic! (DEBUT)
    Everywhere I Go (Kings & Queens)- New Politics
    Young Blood- Bea Miller

    I guess First Flight Home- Jake Miller, 3005- Childish Gambino, and Flaws- Bastille left???????

    Top 5 Picks:
    1) Dangerous- David Guetta/Sam Martin
    2) Title- Meghan Trainor
    3) Young Blood- Bea Miller
    4) Break The Rules- Charli XCX
    5) L.A. Love (La La)- Fergie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops, the New Politics song is a debut too. Haha.

      Delete
    2. Childish Gambino – 3005 left after I started to like it... Not okay.

      Delete
  2. Childish Gambino-3005 left? THANK YOU FOR NOT DEBUTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's what I think of this week:
      KONGOS should go to hell for jumping to #8 like that. I ain't happy about it!
      Another disapointing discovery as the 3 best songs on Hit-bound left this week
      Riptide and Blame need to debut SO BAD!
      What is up with I Lived? Is it on Hit-bound or not?
      Amnesia is officially the worst song on the countdown. Period.
      Rather Be needs to drop. Apparently that magic of staying there so long it hypnotizes you into liking it again is not working for me.
      More coming soon.

      Delete
    2. I will not be able to do any reviews, but I will give just random thoughts on things.
      That is all.
      -Remy (I did the last comment too, I just forgot to sign my name.)

      Delete
    3. I heard Flaws during the 5-6 AM part of Hit-Bound.

      Delete
    4. So did I. It was the last song to play.

      Delete
  3. Me 3! I also heard it in the 6-7pm slot too! I like Bastille-Flaws. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESYESYES
    GHOOOOSSST has arrived plz plz plz no papparazzi iluvluvluv ghost sooo muchfavorite song on countdown
    tie
    Sheppard - Geronimo & Ella Henderson - Ghost
    Fav hitbound song is Meghan Trainor - Title!!
    cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Bastille-Flaws.Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG FLAWS IS WAY BETTER THAN POMPEII BY FAR AND LET YOUR HAIR DOWN IS HORRIBLE IT'S WAY WORSE THAN RUDE AND YAY V.3005 LEFT AND SO DID FIRST FLIGHT HOME GLAD V.3005 DID NOT GLAD ABOUT FIRST FLIGHT HOME WORST SONGS ON HIT-BOUND IS A TIE BETWEEN LET YOUR HAIR DOWN AND ICSDAB AND BEST IS STILL BREAK THE RULES AND I WOULD TRADE LET YOUR HAIR DOWN FOR FIRST FLIGHT HOME AND I DON'T THINK EVERYWHERE I GO (KINGS AND QUEENS) WILL DEBUT IF IT DOES IT WON'T GET FAR AND DOESN'T AMERICAN DREAM KIND OF REMIND YOU OF HEADLIGHTS BY EMINEM AND NATE REUSS?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen to Charli XCX - London Queen & Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband & Kendrick Lamar - i
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little bit. I like MKTO-American Dream better though. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONFIRMED: Flaws is still on Hit-bound.
    3005 and First Flight Home left... NOOOOOOOO!
    i is actually really good! I'm not a huge fan of Kendrick Lamar, but i is actually one of his best by far
    All About That Bass>Dear Future Husband>Title>Close Your Eyes
    Title should leave Hit-bound, so Dear Future Husband can enter and take its place! It's like 1,000 times better than Title!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meghan Trainor-Dear Future Husband is good. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good. Did it air on Hitbound today?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its ridiculous that First Flight Home left! Its on AT40!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm finished with all my posts except for the American top 40 so check out my new posts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I really want it to debut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did. When are you going to do the American Top 40?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Probably today maybe on Tuesday if I'm unlucky and why does no one comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys don't have it open to "anonymous" users. You go to settings I hint to do that and I just starting getting comments about 3kish...

      Delete
  17. Ok Mikey Rossy I will start commenting on your blog. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mikey Rossy I said hello on your blog but didn't work or go through. I am very sorry Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey guys just took a listen to all the songsI haven't heard on the american top 40 and Jermih/YG-Don't Tell Em is horrible Tinashe/Schoolboy Q-2 On is pretty good and Lil Jon/Tyga-Bend Ova is amazing in a good way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (gasp)
      1. You hate Don't Tell 'Em
      2. You like Bend Ova XP
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Good. Someone agrees with me. :D

      Delete
  20. Well I'll give credit to the fact that Don't Tell Em has a good beat and same with Hot Boy and Bend Ova is very similar to Turn Down For What but in my opinion the video for Bend Ova is better by a really small bacteria and it's ok Jack and Lance when are you doing Blurbs?

    ReplyDelete
  21. No blurbs for me. Lance does the blurbs. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw them. Why would you think Nicki Minaj-Anaconda explode?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it'd get really popular.... Because I don't like it...

      Delete
  23. Nicki Minaj-Anaconda did not go up far. Not even as high as Kim Cesarion-Undressed. Which never debuted anywhere else. Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It debuted the AT40.
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Because it sucks and... At40 plays sucky music...

      Delete
    3. AT40 plays almost the exact same music as Hits 1...

      Delete
  24. Lance. American top 40 plays good music. The worst song on the American Top 40 is Nicki Minaj-Anaconda and the best song on the American Top 40 is Coldppay-A Sky Full Of Stars

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes almost, expect for Fall Out Boy-Young Volcanoes, R5-Heart Made Up On You, and Jessie McCartney-Superbad. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  26. I bet Out of The Woods- Taylor Swift either leaves the countdown or jumps to the middle this week. Its not an official single from Taylor Swift and Hits 1 isnt even playing it anymore, they're playing Welcome To New York, which is her official new single. Out of The Woods I guess was just a promotional song for 1989.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What?? I want to get the 1989 album. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had never seen a song only last 1 week on the countdown. Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJ Snake and Lil Jon – Turn Down For What lasted one week.

      Delete
  29. Really? I hope it renters. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  30. Or maybe Lil Jon-Bend Ova will debut on hitbound.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Guys I can't beilieve I'm saying this but I'm gonna have to postpone my American top 40 post and the best song on the top 40 is BEND OVA BY LIL JON AND TYGA

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really? Mine is Coldplay-A Sky Full Of Stars. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  33. That week DJ Snake/Lil Jon-Turn Down For What and Timeflies-All The Way lasted 1 week. Lorde-Team reentered 3 times and Jenifer Lopez-First Love stayed on the countdown until July.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is Jacks Billboard hot 100 top 10 review:
    10. Finally!!! Yes!!!
    9. PLEASE STOP GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8. We'll I am SLOWLY starting to get sick of this song so please don't be in the top 5 next week.
    7. Ok the music video is terrible!!!
    6. It is a good thing you did not jump into the top 5 so stay where you are or go down next week
    5. Good
    4. Ok
    3. Same as 5
    2. Same as 3 and 5
    1. Same as 2,3 and 5.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is Jacks Billboard hot 100 top 10 review:
    10. Finally!!! Yes!!!
    9. PLEASE STOP GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8. We'll I am SLOWLY starting to get sick of this song so please don't be in the top 5 next week.
    7. Ok the music video is terrible!!!
    6. It is a good thing you did not jump into the top 5 so stay where you are or go down next week
    5. Good
    4. Ok
    3. Same as 5
    2. Same as 3 and 5
    1. Same as 2,3 and 5.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Songs that will enter Hit-Bound or the countdown this week: (all these songs have been played this week)
    Parachute- Olivia Somerlyn
    Dangerous- Big Data/Joywave
    Welcome To New York- Taylor Swift
    Lips Are Movin'- Meghan Trainor
    Baby Don't Lie- Gwen Stefani
    Take Me To Church- Hozier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and Love Me Harder- Ariana Grande/The Weeknd

      Delete
  37. My weekend countdown prediction and American top 40 post will be out today

    ReplyDelete
  38. Guys my American Top 40 post is out and Weekend Countdown prediction is cancelled

    ReplyDelete
  39. Replies
    1. I'm done! Why is Am I Wrong here!! It sucks!!!

      Delete
  40. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND HMUOY LEFT YES AND IT LASTED TWO WEEKS A SKY FULL OF STARS LEFT AND I HAVE NO OPINION ON IT LATCH LEFT WHEN I STARTED TO GROW ON IT AGAIN NOOOOO AND DJ SNAKE HAS A NEW FRIEND OUT OF THE WOODS LASTED ONE WEEK AND LANCE ANACONDA LEFT SO NO ADRIAN AND YES LANCE AND SUPERBAD STILL HERE WHICH MEANS IT IS YOUR TOP SONG ON 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!! With a 4-3 vote

    ReplyDelete
  41. NOOOOOOOO BLAME DIDN'T DEBUT! #voteblame

    ReplyDelete
  42. DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO FOR BIG DATA/JOYRIDE-DANGEROUS ITS IS SO CREEPY SO WEIRD SO DISGUSTING THERES BLOOD HEABUTTING BÖOBS LESPIAN KISSING RUNNING SHOES HOMELESS PEOPLE SWEARING IT'S AT LEAST 1,000,000,000,000 TIMES WORSE TGAN THE VIDEO FOR ANIMALS

    ReplyDelete