Saturday, October 11, 2014

Taylor Swift (2) – Week Of October 11, 2014


Happy National Coming Out Day! This week was a hell of a week. So let's get started. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Heymous Molly – Life’s A Beach (#23)
  • Betty Who – Somebody Loves You (#24)
  • Sia – Chandelier (#30)
  • G.R.L. – Ugly Heart (#33)
  • Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys (#43)
  • Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#45)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass 
The Countdown
45. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#21) [#Expected]
44. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#44)
43. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#35)
42. Magic! – Rude (#40)
41. R5 – Heart Made Up On You (DEBUT)
40. Mary Lambert – Secrets (#32) [Wrong Way!]
39. Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer (DEBUT)
38. The 1975 – Girls (#26)
37. Ariana Grande – Problem (#38)
36. Sheppard – Geronimo (DEBUT)
35. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#42)
34. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#37) [LEAVE!!!]
33. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (DEBUT)
32. Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One (DEBUT)
31. Jesse McCartney – Superbad (#15)
30. Maroon 5 – Animals (DEBUT)
29. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (#31)
28. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#13)
27. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda (#28)
26. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#16)
25. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#41)
24. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#27)
23. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#19)
22. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora – Black Widow (#22)
21. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#29)
20. Jason Derulo – Trumpets (#22)
19. Rixton – Wait On Me (#24)
18. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#14)
17. Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love (#39)
16. Pitbull/JohnRyan – Fireball (#34)
15. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#9)
14. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#36)
13. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#11)
12. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (#12)
11. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#17)
10. MKTO – American Dream (#10)
  9. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#7)
  8. Maroon 5 – Maps (#3)
  7. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#18)
  6. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#8)
  5. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#6)
  4. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#1)
  3. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#4)
  2. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#5)
  1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#2) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!… Of The Week: Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (–24)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between Cobra Starship – Never Been In Love and One Direction – Steal My Girl (+22)

New Entrants
~ Kicking off the new entrants with Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer. I think this is the perfect song for this time of the year since the main line is "My sweet summer is gone." (And it's the beginning of fall). Even though they may not be talking about the season summer. I really don't know. Overall, it's a catchy song.

~ Nico and Vinz are back with In Your Arms. Though it's not as good as Am I Wrong, it's still a really good song. For Nico and Vinz's second song, it graduated from Hit-Bound much quicker than Am I Wrong. I hope it stays a while.

~ I always wondered how R5 got their name. Then it hit me. There's 5 people and all their names start with R. Obviously, the best one in the band is Ross Lynch. But that's not the point. The point is that Heart Made Up On You is a really good song that needs to stay for a while.

~ Sheppard – Geronimo is really good for an alternative tune. I really like it. Once again, I hope it stays a while.

~ Sam Smith has entered with his third song currently on the countdown. I'm Not The Only One is good. Not as good as Stay With Me. But his vocals in the chorus are really good. So I'll give him that.

~ Save the best for last. Maroon 5 debuted with Animals. I love Maroon 5. They've never really disappointed me. Animals is really catchy and Adam has superior vocals in the chorus. The first time I heard the song was in a commercial that included hamsters driving cars. It was interesting.

Blurbs Made Up On You
~ Somehow, Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch managed to survive a 6-DTHNOB week with extremely little to no airplay this past week.

~ As said in the hastag, Katy Perry – This Is How We Do dropping was expected because it had very little airplay this past week. Instead we heard Dark Horse a few times.

~ Both of last week's entrants had the biggest jump of the week.

~ Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free is suddenly #2. I HIGHLY doubt it'll get any higher than that. 

~ I never thought Echosmith – Cool Kids would a Top 5 song. Not even a Top 10 song.

~ Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball is jumping all over the countdown.

~ Clean Bandit – Rather Be needs to leave. It should've jumped into the Top 10 a long time ago. Now it needs to leave.

~ Betty Who – Somebody Loves You and G.R.L. – Ugly Heart left after 3-week tenures. Somebody Loves You was the one great song that left. This doesn't make up for its Hit-Bound tenure.

~ Rixton – Wait On Me nicely jumped into the teens.

~ That #34 spot should be occupied by a song that deserves to be here.

~ Kongos – Come With Me Now is old and needs to leave. Jumping over #30 is not okay. Especially from #41.

~ Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame debuted on the American Top 40 last week. It needs to debut here soon!

~ Phillip Phillips – Unpack Your Heart and Matt Nathanson/Lolo – Headphones should debut the countdown.

~ Best song on Jenna Marbles' #YouTube15: The Vamps/Shawn Mendes – Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) [Yes. Again.]

~ Hit 45 Chart is out! Click here to find out if Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame will hold #1 for a third week in a row.

~ This week's new entrants completely took over My Top 5 Picks.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Maroon 5 – Animals
2. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms
3. R5 – Heart Made Up On You
4. Dirty Heads – My Sweet Summer
5. Sheppard – Geronimo

52 comments:

  1. Hit-Bound:
    Relections- MisterWives (DEBUT)
    Too Cool To Dance- Eden XO (DEBUT)
    First Flight Home- Jake Miller
    Ghost- Ella Henderson
    Title- Meghan Trainor
    Break The Rules- Charli XCX (DEBUT)
    3005- Childish Gambino
    Blame- Calvin Harris/John Newman
    Riptide- Vance Joy (DEBUT)
    L.A. Love (La La)- Fergie
    Young Blood- Bea Miller (DEBUT)
    Flaws- Bastille
    Love Like That- Tiffany Houghton
    I Can't Stop Drinking About You- Bebe Rexha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top 5 Picks:
      1) First Flight Home- Jake Miller
      2) Title- Meghan Trainor
      3) Break The Rules- Charli XCX
      4) 3005- Childish Gambino
      5) Young Blood- Bea Miller and L.A. Love (La La)- Fergie (TIE)

      Delete
    2. Also: OneRepublic - I Lived aired after ICSDAY.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE BREAK THE RULES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Lived never debuted.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Lived was on Hit-Bound after ICSDAY. It isn't on Dylan George's list.

      Delete
    2. I never heard I Lived after ICSDAY , I was listening to the whole hitbound list on my mom's car radio
      I went from ICSDAY straight to the countdown
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. I listened to Hit-Bound Saturday morning and I heard I Lived before Spyder Harrison came on with the Weekend Countdown.

      Delete
    4. I listened to Hit-bound Saturday evening
      I guess they forgot to air I Lived????
      -Remy

      Delete
  4. OneRepublic-I Lived and Charli XCX-Break The Rules both debuted on hitbound this week. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I woke up Saturday morning to write the countdown on paper as usual hit-bound was before that and after ICSDAY I heard I Lived and after that it was the countdown
    -Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a couple of weeks Bebe Rexha-I can't stop drinking about you will have its 2 month anniversary on Hitbound if it does not debuted. OneRepublic-I Lived just denoted on Hitbound this week. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OneRepublc-I Lived might not be as popular as all the other OneRepublic songs. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry this came out super late but I am going to do the Billboard top 10 review:
    10. I guess this may leave next week, oh we'll.
    9. Same as 10
    8. Wow!! Already in the Top 10!! Very interesting
    7. Ok I don't want this to go much higher.
    6. Good
    5. KEEP GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Same as 6

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3. Same as 7
    2. The Battles came through.
    1. Same as 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Lived played on 5-6AM Saturday slot of Hitbound but not afterwards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. I just heard OneRepublic-I Lived when I went bowling with some of my friends so it will probably debut on the top 15 countdown. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacks is going to do another billboard hot 100 top 10 review:
    10. NO THIS SONG doesn't deserve to debut the top 10 IT IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    9. LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8. Same as 9
    7. Good
    6. Ok I would rather not have you reach the top 5
    5. Same as 7
    4. Same as 5 and 7.
    3. Same as 4,5 and 7
    2. The battle is still coming through between Meghan Trainor and Taylor Swift!
    1. Same as 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't tell me #10 is Hot N*gga by Bobby Shmurda
      -Remy (and how do you get Billboard this early)

      Delete
    2. It's now #4.
      -Trance the "Lammy" supporter (and the Billboard chart for the 18th is already here)

      Delete
    3. (sorry, it isn't #4, it's #12, my mistake.)

      Delete
    4. Hot N*gga is #10. Don't Tell Em is #6!!!! AATB is #1! Shake It Off #2! Anaconda is #8. Animals is #7! Habits (stay High) is #4!

      Delete
  13. I am so sorry Remy but I searched Billboard and did my job because the top 10 was posted earlier. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  14. My predictions:
    Rather Be will enter the top 5.
    Centuries will jump up to #2.
    Fancy will drop down low.
    Ghost might enter.tbc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part 2:
      All About That Bass will drop out of the top 10.
      Habits and Steal My Girl will enter the top 10.
      Love Runs Out May drop into the teens.
      Shake It Off will stay at #1, thus (sniff) breaking the chain of different number-ones.

      Delete
    2. Superbad is definitely going to leave.

      Delete
  15. One question: which version of I Lived is on Hits 1? The album version or the single version? On the single version, Ryan Tedder hits higher notes in the chorus. However, when I listened to I Lived on The Pulse, it was the album version. Here are the links, listen from about 3 minutes in:
    Album: https://soundcloud.com/mmmusic/onerepublic-i-lived
    Single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKt3o7WPYdo
    Thanks for reading! Identification would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both sound exactly the same to me.

      Delete
    2. Try listening to the line "With every broken bone, I swear I lived" in the last chorus. That's about 3 minutes and 25 seconds into the song.

      Delete
    3. I noticed a difference! The single version is better!
      -RemRepublic

      Delete
    4. Yes, I know! :D
      Do they play the album "same chorus" version or the single "high note chorus" version on Hits 1? I ask because the Pulse plays the album version of I Lived, but Hits 1 always plays the radio edits of other songs.

      Delete
    5. Oh. Now I see. I think the single is better. But Hits 1 plays the album version.

      Delete
  16. OneRepublic-I Lived is a good song. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is what the countdown should be this week, even though I don't think there will be this many debuts. I just ordered them by plays yesterday.
    1) Centuries- Fall Out Boy
    2) Black Widow- Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora
    3) Shake It Off- Taylor Swift
    4) All About That Bass- Meghan Trainor
    5) Rather Be- Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne
    6) Bang Bang- Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj
    7) Maps- Maroon 5
    8) Never Been In Love- Cobra Starship/Icona Pop
    9) Cool Kids- Echosmith
    10) American Dream- MKTO
    11) Habits (Stay High)- Tove Lo
    12) Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer
    13) Steal My Girl- One Direction
    14) Fireball- Pitbull/John Ryan
    15) Boom Clap- Charli XCX
    16) Trumpets- Jason Derulo
    17) Come With Me Now- Kongos
    18) Somebody To You- The Vamps/Demi Lovato
    19) Don't- Ed Sheeran
    20) Animals- Maroon 5
    21) My Sweet Summer- Dirty Heads
    22) Out of The Woods- Taylor Swift (DEBUT)
    23) Wait On Me- Rixton
    24) Stay With Me- Sam Smith
    25) Undressed- Kim Cesarion
    26) In Your Arms- Nico & Vinz
    27) She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer
    28) Geronimo- Sheppard
    29) Rude- Magic!
    30) Break Free- Ariana Grande/Zedd
    31) Ghost- Ella Henderson (DEBUT)
    32) Anaconda- Nicki Minaj
    33) Problem- Ariana Grande
    34) Young Volcanoes- Fall Out Boy
    35) 3005- Childish Gambino (DEBUT)
    36) L.A. Love (La La)- Fergie
    37) Love Runs Out- One Republic
    38) Jealous- Nick Jonas
    39) I'm Not The Only One- Sam Smith
    40) Secrets- Mary Lambert
    41) Counting Stars- One Republic
    42) Blame- Calvin Harris/John Newman (DEBUT)
    43) Love Like That- Tiffany Houghton (DEBUT)
    44) I Can't Stop Drinking About You- Bebe Rexha (DEBUT)
    45) First Flight Home- Jake Miller (DEBUT)

    Just Missing Countdown:
    46) Title- Meghan Trainor
    47) Break The Rules- Charli XCX
    48) Young Blood- Bea Miller
    49) Fancy- Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX (OUT)
    50) Heart Made Up On You- R5 (OUT)
    51) I Lived- One Republic
    52) Reflections- MisterWives
    53) Riptide- Vance Joy
    54) Too Cool To Dance- Eden XO
    55) Flaws- Bastille
    56) A Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay/Avicii (OUT)
    57) Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd (OUT)
    58) Superbad- Jesse McCartney (OUT)
    59) Girls- The 1975 (OUT)
    60) Latch- Disclosure/Sam Smith (OUT)
    61) This Is How We Do- Katy Perry (OUT)
    62) Parachute- Olivia Somerlyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dylan George your way off on whos leaving and debuting and I heard HMUOY a couple of times and here is my prediction
    Out
    Disclosure/Sam Smith-Latch (#44)
    The 1975-Girls (#38)
    Jesse McCartney-Superbad (#31)

    In
    Taylor Swift-Out Of The Woods (plus Spyder Harrison said it would debut on his show today)
    Mister wives-Reflections
    Calvin Harris/John Newman-Blame
    45.Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd-Really Don't Care (#29)
    44.Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX/Fancy (#9)
    43.Katy Perry/Riff Raff-This Is How We Do (#45)
    42.R5-Heart Made Up On You (#41)
    41.Fall Out Boy-Young Volcanoes (#43)
    40.Magic!-Rude (#42)
    39.Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea-Problem (#37)
    38.5SOS-She Looks So Perfect (#35)
    37.MisterWives-Reflections (Debut)
    36.Ariana Grande/Zedd-Break Free (#2)
    35.Charli XCX-Boom Clap (#18)
    34.One Republic-Counting Stars (Holding)
    33.One Republic-Love Runs Out (#3)
    32.Calvin Harris/John Newman-Blame (Debut)
    31.Mary Lambert-Secrets (#40)
    30.Sheppard-Geronimo (#36)
    29.Ed Sheeran-Don't (#28)
    28.Nico And Vinz-In Your Arms (#33)
    27.Nicki Minaj/Drake-Anaconda (Holding)
    26.Dirty Heads-My Sweet Summer (#39)
    25.Sam Smith-I'm Not The Only One (#32)
    24.Kim Cesarion-Undressed (Holding)
    23.Maroon 5/J Balvin-Maps (#8)
    22.Maroon 5-Animals (#30)
    21.Taylor Swift-Out Of The Woods (Debut)
    20.Sam Smith-Stay With Me (#21)
    19.The Vamps/Demi Lovato-Somebody To You (#23)
    18.Coldplay/Aviici-A Sky Full Of Stars (#13)
    17.Rixton-Wait on Me (#19)
    16.Pitbull/John Ryan-Fireball (Holding)
    15.Jason Derulo-Trumpets (#20)
    14.Nick Jonas-Jealous (#26)
    13.Cobra Starship/Icona Pop-Never Been In Love (#17)
    12.Tove LO-Habits(Stay High) (#15)
    11.KONGOS-Come With Me Now (#25)
    10.5SOS-Amnesia (#6)
    9.One Direction-Steal My Girl (#14)
    8.MKTO-American Dream (#10)
    7.Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj-Bang Bang (#12)
    6.Echosmith-Cool Kids (#5)
    5.Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne-Rather Be (#7)
    4.Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora-Black Widow (#22)
    3.Meghan Trainor-All About That Bass (#4)
    2.Fall Out Boy-Centuries (#11)
    1.Taylor Swift-Shake It Off (Holding) (3rd week at number 1)

    Biggest Drop-Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX-Fancy -35
    Biggest Jump-Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora-Black Widow +18

    Entrants to hit-bound
    Olivia Somerlyn-Parachute
    David Guetta/Sam Martin-Dangerous
    ???????????
    Let's see how right I am tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any idea how much Ella Henderson – Ghost aired this week? Especially compared to MisterWives – Reflections. Also, in Hits 1's versions of these songs, Riff Raff is not in This Is How We Do, Drake is not in Anaconda, and J Balvin is not in Maps. And Dylan George was pretty off saying Childish Gambino – 3005 would debut. It had such little airplay this week.

      Delete
    2. My predictions on debuts:
      Taylor Swift- Out Of The Woods
      Ella Henderson- Ghost
      Calvin Harris- Blame
      Vance Joy- Riptide (okay, I know it got like 0 airplay this week but I really really really want it to debut!)
      Out:
      Young Volcanoes
      Latch
      This Is How We Do
      COUNTING STARS
      (please dear lord Counting Stars!)
      That is all.
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. Did you guys see at the top of my post I just said I ordered it based on airplay this week. I went on Dogstarradio and got the actual number of times each song was played. I also said I didn't think that was what was going to happen. Think before you comment please.

      Delete
    4. I know that. I read that. But Childish Gambino – 3005 still only aired like seven times this week.

      Delete
  20. Out:
    RDC ("congrats on a great life...")
    Girls

    In (these are my predictions):
    Ghost
    Out Of The Woods

    Counting Stars at #43. I heard it 2 times this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How da crap is Wait On Me at number 33????!?????????????????? And Ghost debuted f*** BLAME SHOULDVE DEBUTED IT HAD WAY MORE AIRPLAY AND WAS ON MORE WHTCHUWANT COUNTDOWNS AND GHOST I ONLY HEARD IT TWICE AND NEITHER ON A WUTCHUWANT COUNTDOWN!!! SO HITS 1 PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY GHOST DEBUTED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at Dogstarradio and the record of the songs Hits 1 played, you'd know that Ghost aired twice as many times as Blame. But I do think Blame should've debuted.

      Delete
  22. OMG I PREDICTED DON'T AT NUMBER 29 CORRECTLY!!!!!!!! AND HOW IS JEALOUS DOWN 2???????????????? IT HAD A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF AIRPLAY

    ReplyDelete
  23. Trumpets is down 7 this countdown is getting more unlogical every week first with ghost Then with Superbad staying then with secrets going down then with latch going up then with wait on me down 14 then with with jealous going down and now with trumpets down 7??????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed... Jealous is super popular, it should be top 20! Secrets aired a lot and dropped!

      Delete
  24. YES I SUCCESSFULLY PREDICTED THAT SOMEBODY TO YOU WAS NUMBER 19 2 times I got it right how many more?

    ReplyDelete
  25. So J Blavin was credited as featured artist on Maps this week????? Very odd.

    ReplyDelete