Tuesday, August 19, 2014

News

Hey guys. I just realized something. Think back two weekends ago when Sam Smith – Stay With Me was #1 for the second time. One year ago that week, my very first post was published. I have officially blogged over a year.

I remember when I was writing my first post. I was so excited because I wanted to make a blog that was as popular as CountdownRecap's, whose blogs I've been reading when I started listening to the Weekend Countdown and SiriusXM Hits 1. Thanks to you readers, if you Google "Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown", this blog is one of the top results. I love you guys and I thank you so much for this. I always enjoyed blogging the Weekend Countdown and listening to Spyder Harrison every weekend. Blogging this countdown has turned into something I actually look forward to every weekend. And I realized there are readers I didn't know I had. The other day, I was watching this video on YouTube with this guy handbalancing and the song playing in the background was Chromeo – Jealous (I Ain't With It). I looked at the comments and one of them said, "What's the song name?" I replied with the song title and artist and I got a reply saying "You don't like that song as I see on your blogs." I instantly thought, "Wow. This person reads my blogs too."

Now what I wonder is if Spyder Harrison reads this blog. I've shared the link on Twitter a couple of times. Here's my last tweet to Spyder Harrison and SiriusXM Hits 1.


Displaying photo.PNG

Spyder Harrison retweeted one of my tweets, so I'm not sure if he followed the link or not. It would be cool if he read this blog though.

Anyway, the other day I heard John Newman – Love Me Again on Venus. Those of you who have been following this blog, you know that I love that song. It was #3 on my Top 45 Of 2013. While I was singing along to it in the car, I kept looking back at when I first heard it. The first time I heard was when Macklemore was hosting the countdown, and we got to #41. When I heard it, I thought it was really catchy. It never got old. It's one of those rare songs that never get old. That's how good it was (still is actually). It was one of the best songs of 2013.

Earlier, I saw a video of Emblem 3 doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. What was interesting is that they did it naked. Click here for the video link if you wanna see it. I found it interesting. ;)


My personal Top 45 Chart is out. Find out if Shawn Mendes – Life Of The Party can hold #1 for a second week in a row and a fourth time overall. Click here to find out.

Now for a final announcement.


If you are on the web version of this blog, on the right side bar under "Pages", there should be a "2014 Summer Voting Poll". We're starting with twenty songs, and as weeks go by, we'll be eliminating songs. I realize we already had a summer poll where the winner was OneRepublic – Love Runs Out. But this is different and all these song are pop/dance. This weekend, we're eliminating five, so get voting!

46 comments:

  1. Spyder read mine, or at least was familiar with it. To some degree, I'm sure he checks yours out from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. It's been a long time since we've heard from you.

      Delete
    2. I miss your blog a lot!!! I never got around to telling. You that you inspired me to make my blog :) so THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey I like Love Me Again too.
    Your blog is kinda like the best countdown blog out there. Whenever I miss the Weekend Countdown, I always go to your blog to get the Weekend Countdown list for the week.
    Your blog is amazingly awesome, and I'll always keep coming back to it no matter what.
    I think if I ever start a Countdown blog, I'll say that it was you and your blog that inspired me to create it.
    Oh yeah, and what's up with all these bloggers creating these song tournaments? First Mikey, then Blogboy, now you? It's becoming a trend! (I like it)
    -your biggest fan Remy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh stop it!
      -Blushing Remy

      Delete
    2. Actually, it should be RemyxJason. ;) ;) ;)

      -Resident Online Dating Person Trance

      Delete
    3. More like RemyxLance, since Jason doesn't blog anymore.
      -Remy

      Delete
    4. Actually I was gonna say that next... (No, really!)

      Delete
    5. RemyxTrance??????
      -Remy (that's also a possibillity)

      Delete
    6. Maybe about a 50-60% chance of that, but RemyxLance is the most likely match.

      -Trance

      Delete
    7. Um... why are you anonymous all of a sudden?
      -Remy

      Delete
    8. Wait Lance is in 6th grade and idk what Remy is so and why are we online dating in here????????

      Delete
    9. I'm going into 8th grade lol
      Well actually I can't date Adrian cause he's gay but I can date any of you (handsome even though I have no idea what you guys look like) guys!
      -Remy

      Delete
    10. I'm going into 7th on September 2nd 2014

      Delete
    11. Im an ok dude the odds are lance is single and why the heck does it take so long to load a profile picture now i cant show no one my face i just noticed me and lance agree on almost everything

      Delete
    12. RemyxLance (I don't know...) I'm only 11 and I am single but there's this girl named Caroline that I talk to a lot.... Hey any of you have kik or anything like that (skype, Instagram, ETC

      Delete
    13. You know what I look like?? From that one post... With the money gla$$es

      Delete
    14. yeah, u look kewl

      Delete
    15. Thanks to whoever that was talking!!

      Delete
    16. Well Adrian is Bisexual and lance I was talking about my profile picture not yours

      Delete
    17. Lance, I have Skype.

      (All Of Me is on Hits 1 right now, it just won't go away! :( )

      Delete
    18. Adrian: Lord of the Countdown, God of the Personal Top 45
      Lance: God of Finding New Music
      Jason (well, if he was still blogging): God of the Music Voting Poll
      Remy: Goddess of the Countdown Review
      Mikey: God of the Countdown Rearrangement

      ;)

      Delete
    19. haha too funny!
      -Remy (oh yeah and that was me saying you looked cool Lance)

      Delete
    20. Bo$$ was #13 on the WhatUWant countdown!!! I'm so happy!!!

      Delete
    21. Trance: God of being a blogger who does Curlin's Top 45... yeah that's the best I got.
      -Remy

      Delete
    22. Good job for at least thinking of something... :)

      Delete
    23. Curlin's Top 45 isn't good compared to the other two...

      Delete
    24. What???? Curlin's Top 45 is awesome! It's JUST AS GOOD as Adrian's and Lance's Top 45
      -Remy

      Delete
    25. Thanks ;)

      -Trance (who is currently working on posting Week 8)

      Delete
    26. It's here! Adrian might not like this week... http://thetwincountdowns.blogspot.com/2014/08/chromeo-1-week-of-august-21-2014.html

      Delete
    27. I personally, think mine is the best (haha) (just kidding)

      Delete
    28. As of August 23, 2014, I hereby appoint Remy to the title of Curlin's Top 45 reviewer. She will do it in the style of her countdown review.

      Delete
    29. WHAAAAAAAAAAT??????
      -Remy

      Delete
  4. Told you I was the first one who started it and how much you wanna bet shower and shake it off debut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 bucks Shake it Off and 0 bucks Shower
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. 5 bucks Life's A Beach
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. No Shower is destined...!!!! Update post tommorow with the iTunes top 10 and more!!! Top 45 on Thursday or Friday!!!

      Delete
  5. RUDE IS DOWN 36 TO NUMBER 41!!!!!!!!!!!!!?! I AM NOT LYING!!!!!!!! iF YOU ARE LIStENInG To THE COUNTDOwN ITS TRUE and is this the biggest drop ever???????? And Adrian must be so freakin happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's another terrible countdown...post will be outnlatwr

      Delete
  6. Biggest Drop: -36
    Biggest Jump: +9

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONLY 9??????????
      -Remy (poor Rude :( )

      Delete
  7. The only bad thing about Shake it off is that the video is too hard to follow (too fast)

    ReplyDelete