Saturday, August 16, 2014

Maroon 5 (1) – Week Of August 16, 2014


I'm happy to say we’ve entered the Golden Age of the countdown! We haven't had this good of a #1 song in a long time. And the new best song debuted this week. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Capital Cities – One Minute More (#27)
  • Pharrell/Miley Cyrus – Come Get It Bae (#30)
  • Chromeo – Jealous (I Ain’t With It) (#37)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Sam Smith – Stay With Me
The Countdown
45. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#40)
44. Tiësto/Matthew Koma – Wasted (#43)
43. Calvin Harris – Summer (#45)
42. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (#44)
41. John Legend/Tiësto – All Of Me (#32)
40. Bastille – Pompeii (#38)
39. T. Mills – All I Wanna Do (DEBUT)
38. Ed Sheeran – Sing (#42)
37. Nico and Vinz – Am I Wrong (#39)
36. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart (#33)
35. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#34)
34. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#25)
33. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando (DEBUT)
32. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#8)
31. X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle (#21)
30. Sia – Chandelier (#41)
29. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#29)
28. Kalin and Myles – Love Robbery (#35)
27. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#31)
26. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch (#16)
25. The Madden Brothers – We Are Done (#17)
24. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne – Rather Be (#24)
23. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#23)
22. Kim Cesarion – Undressed (#12)
21. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#18)
20. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#22)
19. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (#19)
18. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball (#20)
17. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys (#15)
16. Katy Perry – This Is How We Do (#28)
15. The Summer Set – Lightning In A Bottle (#11)
14. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down (RE-ENTRY)
13. Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better (#9)
12. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#14)
11. Kongos – Come With Me Now (#7)
10. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#26)
  9. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#36)
  8. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd – Really Don’t Care (#6)
  7. Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes (#13)
  6. Sam Smith – Stay With Me (#1)
  5. Magic! – Rude (#2)
  4. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#3)
  3. Ariana Grande – Problem (#10)
  2. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX – Fancy (#4)
  1. Maroon 5 – Maps (#5) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song One Year Ago This Week: Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (Coincidence?)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (–24)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (+27)

New Entrants
~ Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down aired this week as if it never left last weekend. It re-entered pretty damn high, all the way up at #14.

~ Enrique Iglesias is back with Sean Paul, whom we haven’t heard from in a LONG time. Their debut, Bailando, is Enrique’s best. We’ve been needing this kind of good music for a long time. I hope it gets far on this countdown.

~ T. Mills – All I Wanna Do is good but I don’t think it’ll get that far. That’s all I can say about it.

I Wanna Blurb Contigo

~ There was a significant amount of Hit-Bound playing this past week. That was good because I don't wanna hear only countdown songs all the time.

~ Magic! – Rude had a serious lack of airplay this week. That was good. It made me know for sure that it wouldn't hit #1.

~ Crap. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass is in the Top 10. I'm as annoyed as Lance was when Kim Cesarion – Undressed jumped to #12.

~ I knew Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World would make an annoying jump sometime. Luckily I'm not sick of it yet. But I don't wanna get sick of it. So it needs to leave now!!!

~ Brantley Gilbert – Bottoms Up is now the best song on Hit-Bound. It's a really catchy song.

~ Kiesza – Hideaway is on Hit-Bound. That's good but Hits 1 spelled her name wrong.

~ Ariana Grande – Problem unexpectedly jumped into the Top 3. Whatever. I'm cool with that.

~ This is the highest Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend has been in over a month.

~ The Madden Brothers wrote 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia. I would've never guessed that.

~ Goodbye Chromeo – Jealous. I won't miss you.

~ Was it really necessary to throw X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle to #31?

~ Tiesto/Matthew Koma – Wasted is doing pretty well on the American Top 40. So I don't know why it's doing bad here.

~ It's about time Sia – Chandelier jumped.

~ I have a feeling Katy Perry – This Is How We Do is gonna be another overrated song from Katy Perry. This overrated artist has officially spent a year on the countdown.

~ There has been a lot of Ice Bucket Challenges where people have buckets of ice water dumped on them. Hits 1 is going crazy with it. So far I watched Spyder Harrison do it and The Morning Mash Up's Rich Davis do it to Stanley T. But Stanley T. got his revenge. Spyder Harrison challenged Kid Kelly, Mikey Piff, and Tommy West to do the challenge and out of those three, I've only seen Tommy West's. And he challenged Jenna Marbles who hosts the YouTube15. And I think he challenged the guy from Oh Honey? Someone challenged Justin Timberlake and he challenged Jimmy Fallon. This is really something serious. I'll try and find all the videos and I’ll share the links in the comments.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul – Bailando
2. Maroon 5 – Maps
3. X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons – Jungle
4. Tiësto/Matthew Koma – Wasted
5. Pitbull/John Ryan – Fireball

44 comments:

  1. What is the golden age of the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the time when most things are going really well in the countdown in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Is it bad that every time I see a yellow song, Ollie Williams says in my head: "Song is old!"
    based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aky-R1Nu-U4

    ReplyDelete
  3. BREAKING NEWS: AT 3:11 PM EASTERN TIME, I HAVE FINISHED CURLIN'S TOP 45 WEEK 7. OK, it's not really THAT big... I'll see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrian. Do you like 5 Seconds of Summer-She Looks So Perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah your right. Are you happy that it got the biggest drop of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys it's Remy, sorry I was gone for so long AGAIN but I was at my One D/5SOS concert in Philladelphia!!!!!! And it was fun!
    Countdown Review is coming soon
    And can someone start a song lyric chain right now? Those things are fun, in case you don't know they're on Lance's blog in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Remy start one on my post for this week.
      This is the part when I say I don't want it I'm stronger than I've been before

      Delete
    2. If you want a lyric chain, then let me know. I'll help any of you out. And, you're always free to help me. So, don't wait for an invitation. No need for reservation. :)

      Delete
  7. Wasn't it funny when spyder mispronounced bailando it's pronounced bi-LAN-do not buh-Lin-do

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Enrique Igleasias/Sean Paul-Bailando. I am very happy it debuted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that you Jason?
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Curlin's Top 45 Week 7 is out! http://thetwincountdowns.blogspot.com/2014/08/rixton-1-week-of-august-14-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remy's Countdown Review (this week I am including songs that left):
    X27. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    X30. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    X37. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! (yeah you can pretty much tell I was mad about the dropouts!) (and Hits 1 is stupid for having these perfectly awesome, innocent songs leave the countdown!)
    So there, onto the countdown itself!

    45. I want this song to leave
    44. Don't leave JUST yet!
    43. Same as 44
    42. Same as 45
    41. Well at least it isn't Chandelier
    40. Congratulations, you just got yourself a be-gone party scheduled!
    39. Kinda reminds me of Love Robbery, but, eh, it's decent
    38. One word: LEAVE
    37. This is getting old too quick!
    36. I want Wait On Me to replace this sometime soon (isn't that right Trance?)
    35. I can't wait for your be-gone party! So can you leave? Like soon?
    34. Same with you, but your's will be MUCH bigger!
    33. Yay! I'm glad this debuted!
    32. Well, hello, Mr. She Looks So Perfect. And goodbye!
    31. I want this to rise so that my dad will be EXTREMELY ANNOYED! Think of it this way, to my dad this song is Lance's Undressed (get the metaphor?)
    30. Finally this rose!
    29. How is this higher than all the other songs below it? I don't get it...
    28. Bland
    27. C'mon, go up to make me happy!
    26. Looks like this is coming to its end...
    25. One word: RISE (sorry Trance)
    24. Aw... this was good while it lasted. But I still like it, though!
    23. I guarantee you this will rise next week
    22. I want you in the top ten! NOW!
    21. I still like this song, strangely...
    20. Yay, you're slowly climbing into the top 20... that's good! Hopefully next week you're in the top 15!
    19. OLD
    18. And into the top ten you go! (by next week hopefully) *also this debuted the Billboard Hot 100 this week!*
    17. you've been getting a lot of popularity recently... so why are you dropping?
    16. Definitely NOT one of Katy Perry's best, that's all I can say about this for now.
    15. Decent
    14. #totallycalledit ;)
    13. GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
    12. And this debuted the Billboard top ten this week, so I'm not complaining!
    11. Talk about a sudden jump out of the top ten! :(
    10. #bestsongonthecountdown so I'm happy (like really REALLY happy) this entered the top ten!
    9. WHAT?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!
    8. Meh, this is still a boring/decent song of hers
    7. Now here's a sudden jump INTO the top ten :D
    6. Aw, bye-bye! You were good while you lasted! (and talk about a drop out of the top 5!)
    5. Why aren't you at #1 yet? Gees, you're #1 everywhere else, but not here? Urgh...
    4. Whatever
    3. Also #old (and why the sudden jump?)
    2. And here's another unnececcary jump! Gees people! (but I still like this song, though, so that's good)
    1. Well it's about TIME you showed up at the #1 spot! Congrats Maps!

    Comment if you enjoyed this week's review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weekend countdown rearrangement is out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just heard heymous Molly-life's a beach on hits 1 it is decent but may get old sometime kind of what Adrian thinks about one minute more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I've been hearing that song too! It's decent like what you said.
      -Remy

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think i heard on top of the world twice on the wutchuwant countdown????? #9 and #3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you guys think I was hallucinating

    ReplyDelete
  17. TAYLOR SWIFT LIVE STREAM IN 10 MINUTES: https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/taylor-swift

    ReplyDelete
  18. PLEASE listen to the new Taylor Swift song!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adrian needs to do his hit 45 chart it's only updated to August 9th and new poll is out

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy crap Taylor Swift-Shake It Off was on the wutchuwant countdown at number 5 and it is such an interesting song by interesting I mean good this is like top spot potential

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adrian i just read all your 2013 posts and I heard you really hated roar back then so the question is is roar worse than all about that bass and rude combined?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All About That Bass is worse than Roar, but Rude is better.

      Delete
  22. Rude rude is not better than roar All about that Bass is though and i bet you ten bucks problem is gonna be next week's number 1 and in 2013 sometimes no songs leave and that really súcks cause it would be a boring countdown and sometimes five songs leave which i dont see in 2014 except when 2 songs by eminem and 2 songs by aviici and a song by phantogram left i think that was when all of me birthday you and I love runs out and dare you debuted

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Adrian,
    So I just wanted to say that the best song on the countdown (currently) in my opinion is the worst song on the countdown in your opinion. LOL!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say that :) He doesn't get as annoyed at all about that bass, as much as I do at (*coughing coughing*) (Undressed)

      Delete
  24. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off: #1 on the Morning Mash Up Mini Wutchuwant Countdown. It's a start...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how Boom Clap- Charli XCX & Don't- Ed Sheeran were his #1 picks one week and now they're just ok.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am I the only one who still likes Pompeii?

    ReplyDelete