Saturday, April 12, 2014

OneRepublic (7) – Week Of April 12, 2014


Hey guys! So those weeks where we have strange #1 songs continue. And we're trading out three okay songs for three great songs. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#30)
  • Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#40) [DTHNOBx2]
  • NONONO – Pumpin’ Blood (#42)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Bastille – Pompeii
The Countdown
45. John Newman – Love Me Again (#45)
44. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#38)
43. Shakira/Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You (#41)
42. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#44)
41. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#43)
40. Ed Sheeran – Sing (DEBUT)
39. Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#39)
38. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (DEBUT)
37. Cash Cash/Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (#33)
36. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#32)
35. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#35)
34. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#34)
33. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On (DEBUT)
32. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#36)
31. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#37)
30. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#26)
29. Martin Garrix – Animals (#31)
28. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#24)
27. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You (#27)
26. AJR – I’m Ready (#20)
25. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (#25)
24. Karmin – I Want It All (#22)
23. Phantogram – Fall In Love (#21)
22. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing (#28)
21. Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. (#29)
20. Lorde – Team (#5)
19. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights (#16)
18. Haim – The Wire (#15)
17. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#23)
16. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#7)
15. Aloe Blacc – The Man (#19)
14. Passenger – Let Her Go (#11)
13. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#17)
12. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#13)
11. Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (#12)
10. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#10)
  9. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#9)
  8. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#8)
  7. MKTO – Classic (#14)
  6. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#4)
  5. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#18)
  4. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#6)
  3. Bastille – Pompeii (#1)
  2. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#2)
  1. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#3) [7th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Lorde – Team (–15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (+13)

New Entrants
~ BREAKING NEWS: Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees is gay. This concludes today's edition of breaking news. Sleeping With A Friend is probably Neon Trees' best song. It finally made the jump from Hit-Bound into the countdown. I'm happy about that.

~ Travie McCoy and Brendon Urie are back! Miss Jackson and Rough Water were some pretty decent hits. But I absolutely LOVE their new song, Keep On Keeping On. I hate how Hits 1 cuts out the epic guitar solo. That's one of the best parts in the song. Oh well. At least it's here.

~ Ed Sheeran is back after a 3-week-tenure with Old School Love. He's trying to redeem himself with Sing. And he did it. Well done. Ed Sheeran is just an excellent vocalist. I don't know a single person who doesn't like Ed Sheeran.

Keep On Blurbin' On
~ Lorde – Team got the drop it deserved right out of the Top 10.

~ Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World has the chance of hitting #1 on it's 5th week. This, of course, won't break the record. But it's best for alternative music to hit #1 before it gets old.

~ MKTO – Classic is back in the Top 10. Yay!

~ Glenn Morrison – Goodbye took a nice jump into the teens, something that AJR – I'm Ready was never capable of.

~ Two weeks ago, Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights was in the Top 10. Now it's suddenly trying to leave the Top 20.

~ Sadly, Fall Out Boy – Alone Together left before My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark.

~ Midnight Red – Hell Yeah is higher than its ever been on the countdown jumping to #13. Pretty good for a song that was released in 2012.

~ I'm tired of turning on the radio to hear Pharrell – Happy or Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty.

~ Today, I had two songs stuck in my head, Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing and Aloe Blacc – The Man. The result of that was two completely new opinions on the songs.

~ Imagine Dragons – Demons finally exited the Top 10.

~ Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better is one of those songs that only plays on Hit-Bound. Don't expect to hear it during the week.

~ Speaking of Hit-Bound, a song that will make your ears angry debuted by the name of Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes. I'd rather hear My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark 1,000 more times than have Young Volcanoes become a hit.

~ I thought the guest DJ who introduced Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster was funny because she had no one to say hi to and Spyder Harrison just assumed she had no friends, so he was like, "That is so sad..." And the guest DJ was like, "No. I have friends." Then, Spyder asked her who were some of the friends she didn't want to say hi to. It was funny.

~ Once I heard Bastille – Pompeii at #3, I knew Counting Stars was #1. Katy Perry – Dark Horse will never reach #1.

~ Don't stop voting for John Newman – Love Me Again!

~ 4 out of 5 of last week's Top 5 Picks have been replaced with the debuts from the past two weeks.

My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again
2. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On
3. Justin Timberlake – Not A Bad Thing
4. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
5. Ed Sheeran – Sing

47 comments:

  1. Did you want to add a color for songs that should be ranked higher? (You don't have to)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly do not know how you can possibly think of Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes as less than at least amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you vote for the weekend countdown without an account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can. You can vote at http://www.siriusxm.com/topsongs?desktop=yes

      Delete
  4. I want to vote tons of times to fix all the major issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you want me to try to make #1? There are just so many more issues than usual that I want to fix them. Also, what should leave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here’s what should leave:
      ~ Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
      ~ Imagine Dragons – Demons
      ~ AJR – I’m Ready
      ~ Haim – The Wire
      ~ Bruno Mars – Young Girls

      Song That Should Be #1: Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World or Bastille – Pompeii

      Delete
  6. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alone Together has left the countdown! Now I'm a jillion times more happy about this week!
    - Rem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw Young Volcanoes is my new fav Fall Out Boy song. (sorry)
    -remmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Young Volcanoes is really good!
    Also can someone give me a hitbound list?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Songs that should be #1
    - OneRepublic - Counting Stars
    - Katy Perry - Dark Horse
    - Haim -The Wire (which will never happen but i want it to)
    -Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World
    - Demi Lovato - Neon Lights
    Songsthat should leave...........in order
    One Direction - Story Of My Life
    Fall Out Boy - (u know i bet)
    Eminem/Rhianna - The Monster
    Imagine Dragons - Demons
    Passenger - Let Her Go
    Bruno Mars - Young Girls
    Ellie Goulding - Burn
    Phantogram - Fall In Love
    CherLloyd - Sirens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, thats all commented by me
    - Cole

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just listened to an awesome song.....
    Pharrell - Marilyn Monroe
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cole!
      When r u gonna post Cole's Cool Countdown?
      -rem

      Delete
  12. Coles Cool Countdown
    1. Katy Perry - Dark Horse
    2. Chainsmokers - #Selfie
    3. HAIM - The Wire [+3]
    4. Peter Thomas/Betty Who - All Of You [+3]
    5. Shakira/Rihanna - Can't Remember To Forget You [-2]
    6. Martin Garrix - Animals [-1]
    7. John Legend - All Of Me [+18]
    8. Glenn Morrison - Goodbye [+4]
    9. Austin Mahone/Pitbull - Mmm Yeah [-5]
    10. Demi Lovato - Neon Lights [-1]
    11. Nonono - Pumpin Blood [+3]
    12. Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty [-4]
    13. Phillip Phillips - Raging Fire [+7]
    14. Karmin - I Want It All [+9]
    15. Pitbull/G.R.L. - Wild Wild Love [-4]
    16. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith - La La La [+5]
    17. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch [-1]
    18. Paramore - Ain't It Fun [+1]
    19. OneRepublic - Counting Stars [-6]
    20. Avicii/Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother [-3]
    21. Travie McCoy/Brandon Urie - Keep On Keeping On [debut]
    22. Lady Gaga - G.U.Y. [+6]
    23. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better [-5]
    24. Martin Garrix - Wizard [-14]
    25. Idina Menzel - Let It Go [-1]
    26. Hot Chelle Rae - Don't Say Goodnight [-4]
    27. Aloe Blacc - The Man [-12]
    28. Little Mix - Move [debut]
    29. Ed Sheeran - Sing [debut]
    30. Dj Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J - Calling All Hearts [-4]
    31. Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes [debut]
    32. R5 - I Can't Forget About You [debut]
    33. Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World [-2]
    34. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect [debut]
    35. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart [+2]
    36. Calvin Harris - Summer [-6]
    37. DJ Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What [debut]
    38. Eminem/Nate Ruess - Headlights [debut]
    39. Calvin Harris/Ayah Marar - Thinking About You [-3]
    40. Midnight Red - Hell Yeah [re-entry]











    Future Hits
    Neon Trees - Sleeping With A Friend
    Sara Barellies - I Chose You
    Tiësto - Red Lights
    Pitbull - We Are One
    Little Mix - Word Up!
    Calvin Harris/Alesso/Hurts - Under Control
    Bastille - Bad Blood
    Cody Simpson - Surfboard
    Pharrell - Marilyn Monroe
    Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing
    Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found this REALLY OLD countdown of mine from like a year ago maybe
    1. Mika/Ariana Grande - Popular Song
    2. Phillip Phillips - Gone Gone Gone
    3. Karmin - Accapella
    4. Pink/Lily Allen - True Love
    5. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
    6. Robin Thicke/TI/Pharrell - Blurred Lines
    7. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love
    8. Rihanna/David Guetta - Right Now
    9. Ariana Grande - The Way
    10. Katy Perry - Roar
    11. MKTO - Classic
    12. Cody Simpson - Pretty Brown Eyes
    13. Bruno Mars - Treasure
    14. Sammy Adams/Mike Posner - LA Story
    15. Zedd/Foxes - Clarity
    16. Emblem3 - Chloe
    17. Paramore - Still Into You
    18. Nikki Williams - Glowing
    19. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound
    20. Austin Mahone - What about Love
    21. Britney Spears - Ooh la la
    22. Ke$ha/will.i.am - Crazy Kids
    23. Lady Gaga - Applause
    24. Icona Pop - I Love It
    25. Anna Kendrick - Cups
    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
  14. BREAKING NEWS: This is not a joke. Adrian, Cole, Rem, Ookarus, and everyone else, I saw and heard Mirrors by Justin Timberlake on Hits 1 last night. Not kidding at all.

    - Jro [I have yet to hear All Of Me.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on Hits 1 yesterday during The Mini Morning Mash Up. It was strange.....

      Delete
  15. I heard it when Ryan was DJing last night.

    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
  16. And Adrian. do you ever go here?
    http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationplaylistrequest.asp?c_let=s001-fm
    Copy and paste that for all the songs that can be played on Hits 1. :D

    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pop Universe/Jro's Countdown
    1. Idina Menzel - Let It Go [#2] [1st Week At Numero Uno]
    2. John Legend - All Of Me [#3] [1 Week At Number 1]
    3. Pharrell Williams - Happy [#4] [4 Weeks At Number 1]
    4. Katy Perry/Juicy J - Dark Horse [#1] [7 Weeks At Number 1]
    5. Christina Perri - Human [#5]
    6. Luke Bryan - Play It Again [#16]
    7. American Authors - Best Day Of My Life [#12]
    8. DJ Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What [#6]
    9. Aloe Blacc - The Man [#8]
    10. Florida Georgia Line/Luke Bryan - This Is How We Roll [#14]
    11. Bastille - Pompeii [#15]
    12. Paramore - Ain't It Fun [#31]
    13. Brantley Gilbert - Bottoms Up [#10]
    14. Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing [#7]
    15. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith - La La La [#34]
    16. Ed Sheeran - Sing [DEBUT]
    17. Lorde - Team [#41] [Biggest Jump]
    18. The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE [#9]
    19. Avicii/Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother [#13]
    20. Jason Derulo/2 Chainz - Talk Dirty [#11]
    21. Trey Songz - Na Na [#24] [FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW]
    22. Miranda Lambert - Automatic [RE-ENTRY]
    23. Eric Church - Give Me Back My Hometown [#29]
    24. Austin Mahone/Pitbull - Mmm Yeah [#33]
    25. Kristen Bell - Do You Want To Build A Snowman? [#36] [Sorry for the I.M. mess-up.]
    26. Martin Garrix - Animals [#21]
    27. Pitbull/G.R.L. - Wild Wild Love [#42]
    28. MKTO - Classic [#19]
    29. Pitbull/Jennifer Lopez - We Are One (Ole, Ola) [DEBUT]
    30. Pitbull/Ke$ha - Timber [#21]
    31. Jake Owen - Beachin' [RE-ENTRY?]
    32. Keith Urban - Cop Car [#26]
    33. Idina Menzel - Let It Go [Movie Version] [#32]
    34. Coldplay - Magic [#39]
    35. Calvin Harris - Summer [RE-ENTRY]
    36. OneRepublic - Counting Stars [#22]
    37. Rascal Flatts - Rewind [DEBUT]
    38. Fitz and The Tantrums - The Walker [DEBUT]
    39. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart [DEBUT]
    40. Thomas Rhett - Get Me Some Of That [#38]
    41. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect [#23]
    42. B.O.B./Priscilla Renea - John Doe [#40]
    43. A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera - Say Something [#20] [Biggest DROP]
    44. Dan + Shay - 19 You + Me [#27]
    45. Blake Shelton - Doin' What She Likes [#30]
    - Jrobull or just Jro! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. My new voting poll is out! I promise to close the poll before I post the countdown so all votes count! I want to apologize to votes 7,8,9, and 10. It has lots of new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hitbound

    1. DJ Cassidy Robin Thicke and Jessie J - Calling All Hearts

    2. Little Mix - Move

    3. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better

    4. Peter Thomas and Betty Who - All Of You

    5. Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes

    6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect

    7. Disclosure and Sam Smith - Latch

    8. Magic! - Rude

    9. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart

    10. Nico and Vinz - Am I Wrong

    11. Hot Chelle Rae - Don't Say Goodnight

    12. Timeflies - All The Way

    13. New Hollow - She Ain't You

    Surprised that Chainsmokers didn't make Hitbound OR the Weekend Countdown. I'm guessing it will be on the countdown next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BREAKING NEWS- I heard that Tyler Glenn is gay. If u don't know him, he's the lead of Neon Trees.
      - Rem (BTW I'll post a countdown soon)

      Delete
    2. I already said that in my review for Sleeping With A Friend. :P

      Delete
    3. Whoops! Sorry, didn't read that :"(
      Oh yeah and when r u gonna do a hitbound post?
      -Rem

      Delete
    4. I will be mad if Chainsmokers leave. I LOVE #Selfie.

      - Je$ha and Jrobull AKA Jro

      Delete
    5. Cool. Totally agree.
      -Rembull and Rem$ha aka Rem :)

      Delete
  20. (This is the last time I'll ask) Did you ever want to add a new color for a song that deserves to be ranked higher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I JUST HEARD JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE- MIRRORS ON HITS 1 WUTCHUWANT COUNTDOWN!
      No joke!

      -Reminem

      Delete
  21. Guys, I am doing a vote. For the summer anthem of 2014. Here are your choices [so far.]
    Cody Simpson - Surfboard
    Lea Michele - Cannonball
    Katy Perry - Birthday
    Lana Del Rey - West Coast
    Ed Sheeran - Sing
    Sia - Chandelier
    Shakira - Empire
    Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant - Find You
    Foxes - Holding Onto Heaven
    Foster The People - Coming Of Age
    Ellie Goulding - Beating Heart
    Lady Gaga - G.U.Y. [which i heard in hungry howies today]
    Sam Smith - Stay With Me
    Shakira - Dare (La La La)
    Austin Mahone/Pitbull - Mmm Yeah
    Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better
    Cher Lloyd - Dirty Love
    Christina Perri - Human
    One Direction - Midnight Memories
    Karmin - I Want It All
    Katy Perry/Juicy J - Dark Horse
    Colbie Caillat - Hold On
    Lily Allen - Our Time
    Fall Out Boy/Courtney Love - Rat A Tat
    1. Yes, I got these from a YouTube playlist. 2. Adrian, may you please make this a poll on May 1st. 3. No matter what happens, voting starts on May 1st.

    - Joikemon AKA Jro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joikemon? What's that?
      -rem

      Delete
    2. Spoof of Pokemon because I play a Minecraft mod called Pixelmon and I'm really random I guess.

      - Jro

      Delete
    3. A couple more songs:
      Tove Lo/Hippie Sabotage - Stay High (Remix)
      Calvin Harris - Summer
      And all the songs on Hit-Bound.

      - Jro

      Delete
  22. Hope this makes you happy Adrian-
    I voted John Newman- Love Me Again 40 times! Hopefully it will jump higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m voting it a lot too. I mean A LOT. Thanks Jason. :)

      Delete
  23. To readers of my blog-
    1) Terribly sorry I could not count votes last week and I promise to never do it again.

    2) Remember, you don't have much more time to vote and Future Hitz starts this week!

    3

    3) If all of you vote yes to the CountdownRecap poll, I am going to have a few special surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi everyone,
    So last week my countdown that I promised got cancelled due to me being busy and other stuff. Promise you that won't happen again! This week I am posting a countdown for my favorite hitbound songs. We cool?
    -Remimon

    ReplyDelete
  25. So I finally heard All of Me- John Legend on Hits-1 today! Unfortunately its an EDM remix. Its still good but its not as good anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I hear the EDM mix on 96.3 when I listen to regular radio. I HATE it!

      Delete
  26. Is it cool if I post my countdown (hitbound) on Saturday? Saturdays seem like the days to post countdowns. Oh yeah and it's gonna be right here on this blog.
    -Rem Legend

    ReplyDelete
  27. On the Weekend countdown I predict exits from
    • Bruno Mars-Young Girls
    • Shakira/Rihanna-Cant Remember To Forget You
    Entrants:
    • Chainsmokers-#SELFIE
    • Rixton-Me And My Broken Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually makes a lot of sense. Let’s see if you’re right.

      Delete