Monday, April 7, 2014

Bastille (2) – Week Of April 5, 2014

Hey guys! Sorry I couldn’t post this sooner. I was trying to get my Sirius XM app to work. Last week, I was in Pensacola Beach, Florida, for spring break. I luckily had Internet access so I could post the countdown directly from the Sirius XM Blog. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Zendaya – Replay (#40)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber
The Countdown
45. John Newman – Love Me Again (#43)
44. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#31)
43. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#41)
42. NONONO – Pumpin’ Blood (#36)
41. Shakira/Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You (#21)
40. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#38)
39. Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#39)
38. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#44)
37. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#37)
36. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#17)
35. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#45)
34. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#34)
33. Cash Cash/Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (#29)
32. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#32)
31. Martin Garrix – Animals (#18)
30. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#42)
29. Lady Gaga – G.U.Y. (#35)
28. Justin Timberlake  Not A Bad Thing (DEBUT)
27. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant – Find You (#27)
26. Oh Honey – Be Okay (#28)
25. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La (#33)
24. Cher Lloyd – Sirens (#30)
23. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#25) 
22. Karmin – I Want It All (#26)
21. Phantogram – Fall In Love (#20)
20. AJR – I’m Ready (#22)
19. Aloe Blacc – The Man (#23)
18. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World (#24)
17. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#19)
16. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights (#9)
15. Haim – The Wire (#12)
14. MKTO – Classic (#11)
13. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#16)
12. Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (#13)
11. Passenger – Let Her Go (#6)
10. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#15)
  9. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#14)
  8. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#5)
  7. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#8)
  6. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#7)
  5. Lorde – Team (#10)
  4. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#1)
  3. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#2)
  2. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#3)
  1. Bastille – Pompeii (#4) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Shakira/Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You (–20)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (+12) (Another Fall Out Boy song? Really?)

New Entrants (Including Last Week’s)
~ My old celebrity crush, Hunter Hayes was resurrected with I Want Crazy last week.

~ Lady Gaga is getting really popular again having G.U.Y. debut last week shortly after Applause left. G.U.Y. is really good. Probably the best I've heard so far from ARTPOP. It has some strange parts, but I'm not surprised by that. It's just the way Gaga roles. Apparently, it's one of those "You must see the music video" songs. I haven't even seen it yet.

~ Sam Smith has fantastic vocals. Especially in La La La and Latch. La La La is a really good song. There are some parts that I would take out because they're annoying. But overall, it's a really good song. Naughty Boy did a great job picking Sam Smith. Now I'm just waiting for Latch to debut.

~ This week Justin Timberlake returned with Not A Bad Thing, a song I have mixed feelings for. It did not spend a single week on Hit-Bound. So that automatically means no shot at #1. It's definitely not JT's best. It doesn't really pop out at me. But you can't go wrong with Timberlake. For now, I have no solid opinion on the song.

Not A Bad Blurb
~ In the past two weeks, we were able to get rid of a decent amount of trash. That's good.

~ I have a terrible fear that Little Mix – Move will debut next week. It has increased weekday airplay and appeared on my most recent Wutchuwant Survey. Be prepared for the worst.

~ Good riddance to Zendaya – Replay. :)

~ This is the 11th straight week AJR – I'm Ready is in the 20's.

~ Imagine Dragons – Demons continues this obnoxious streak of weeks in the Top 10.

~ John Newman – Love Me Again and Katy Perry – Roar both debuted on the same week and have tied countdown tenure. If Love Me Again can last one more week, it will have officially been on the countdown longer than Roar.

~ Speaking of Roar's tenure, Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up has officially been on the countdown longer than Roar. That's good. :D

~ It is truly amazing how long MKTO – Classic can keep this up! Keep doing your thing, Classic!

~ On the Wutchuwant Survey I took two weeks ago, it had songs like John Legend – All Of Me (yay!) and Justin Timberlake – Mirrors (???).

~ Oh. So American Authors – Best Day Of My Life thinks it can enter the Top 10 before Avicii – Hey Brother??? I DON'T THINK SO!!! >:(

~ I enjoy comparing the success of some songs over other songs that debuted on the same week. For the week of 2/8/14, the new song under all the other debuts from that week is Avicii – Hey Brother since Replay left. This is unacceptable.

~ Lorde – Team made a random jump to #5. That would've been okay two months ago. I'm over this song.

~ Okay, now I want Shakira – Empire to debut the countdown. I can never be happy with the songs we already have.

~ It's about time Spyder Harrison gave credit to Dan Tyminski for his excellent vocals in Avicii – Hey Brother.

~ I really want to see Despicable Me 2 and Frozen. Funny how two popular songs, Pharrell – Happy and Idina Menzel – Let It Go, are from those movies.

~ Shakira/Rihanna – Can't Remember To Forget You took an unexpected drop to #41. I don't know what to say.

~ I'm 75% sure Eminem/Rihanna  The Monster and Shakira/Rihanna  Can't Remember To Forget You four spots away from each other was an accident.

My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again
2. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights
3. Phantogram – Fall In Love
4. Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother
5. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La

Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On
2. Disclosure/Sam Smith – Latch
3. Rixton – Me and My Broken Heart
4. The Chainsmokers – #SELFIE
5. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend

25 comments:

  1. I love Keep On Keeping On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys! I changed my countdown a little bit! It is now a weekly countdown instead of a monthly countdown. If you would like, go to my blog.
    You probably know, it is at
    www.hits1countdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am a new anonymous! I love this blog and I want to start commenting too. Is that ok with the blog owner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey new anonymous!
      Welcome 2 da club. We have a couple other anonymouses, including Cole, Jro, and of course, me! So feel free to chat with us. We'd love to here from you!
      -rem (my real name is Remy but I go by rem)

      Delete
    2. I’m going to lose track of all these anonymous’. And yes, you may comment whatever you want, whenever you want. I’m a cool guy. :)

      Delete
  4. Cool! Thx for welcoming me. My name is Emily but u can call me Emmy. I am 13 and a girl. How old r u?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remy and Emmy. How cool!
    :)
    Do u want me 2 put my name on the comment so u no it's me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top 5 Annoying!
    1. Eminem/Rihanna - The Monster
    2. One Direction - Story Of My Life
    3. Imagine Dragons - Demons
    4. Fall Out Boy - Too long a title
    5. Phantom ram - Fall In Love
    [6. Passenger - Let Her Go]
    [7. Olly Murs - DWMT]
    [8. Cher Lloyd - Sirens]
    - Cole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY! I'm a 13-year old girl too! Cool, it's like fate drove us here :)
      -rem
      to emmy (or em ;) )

      Delete
  7. COLE I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT. A LOT.

    - Jro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Worst song on countdown= Too long of a title song AND Alone Together. I'm now DONE with Fall Out Boy, till their next song comes out.
      -rem

      Delete
  8. Here are my top 5 annoying:
    1) Too Long Of A Title
    2) Timber
    3) Sirens
    4) Demons
    5) I'm Ready

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am agreeing with Ur least fav songs. I am DONE (x 1,000,000) with Timber. How is it #1 4 8 weeks? I don't get it! I agree w Jason and Cole and Rem with there least fav songs.

    -Emmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top 5 Most Annoying Are:
      1. Pitbull Ft. Ke$ha – Timber
      2. Imagine Dragons – Demons
      3. Fall Out Boy – (Too Long Of A Title)
      4. AJR – I’m Ready
      5. Cher Lloyd – Sirens

      Delete
  10. Pop Universe/Jro's Countdown
    1. Katy Perry/Juicy J - Dark Horse [#1] [7th Week At Number 1]
    2. Idina Menzel - Let It Go [#29] [Biggest Jump]
    3. John Legend - All Of Me [#2] [1 Week At Number 1]
    4. Pharrell Williams - Happy [#4] [4 Weeks At Number 1]
    5. Christina Perri - Human [#7]
    6. DJ Snake/Lil Jon - Turn Down For What [#6]
    7. Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing [#17]
    8. Aloe Blacc - The Man [#8]
    9. The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE [#11]
    10. Brantley Gilbert - Bottoms Up [#12]
    11. Jason Derulo/2 Chainz - Talk Dirty [#3]
    12. American Authors - Best Day Of My Life [#14]
    13. Avicii/Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother [#9]
    14. Florida Georgia Line/Luke Bryan - This Is How We Roll [#16]
    15. Bastille - Pompeii [#13]
    16. Luke Bryan - Play It Again [#10]
    17. Sam Smith - Stay With Me [#19]
    18. Pitbull/Ke$ha - Timber [#21]
    19. MKTO - Classic [#26]
    20. A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera - Say Something [3 Weeks At Number 1] [#23]
    21. Martin Garrix - Animals [#34]
    22. OneRepublic - Counting Stars [#27]
    23. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect [#22]
    24. Trey Songz - Na Na [#25]
    25. Nashville Cast - Black Roses [#44]
    26. Keith Urban - Cop Car [#18]
    27. Dan + Shay - 19 You + Me [#32]
    28. Kristen Bell/Idina Menzel - For The First Time In Forever [#33]
    29. Eric Church - Give Me Back My Hometown [#24]
    30. Blake Shelton - Doin' What She Likes [RE-ENTRY]
    31. Paramore - Ain't It Fun [#20]
    32. Idina Menzel - Let It Go [Movie Version] [RE-ENTRY]
    33. Austin Mahone/Pitbull - Mmm Yeah [RE-ENTRY]
    34. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith - La La La [#45]
    35. Daughtry - Waiting For Superman [#40]
    36. Kristen Bell/Idina Menzel - Do You Want To Build A Snowman? [#5] ["The Monster" Drop]
    37. Jerrod Niemann - Drink To That All Night [#41]
    38. Thomas Rhett - Get Me Some Of That [#31]
    39. Coldplay - Magic [#37]
    40. B.O.B./Priscilla Renea - John Doe [#28]
    41. Lorde - Team [#15]
    42. Pitbull/G.R.L. - Wild Wild Love [#30]
    43. Passenger - Let Her Go [#39]
    44. One Direction - Story Of My Life [#42]
    45. Alex Preston - Fairytales [From American Idol] [#43]
    P.S. 1. If Dark Horse is Number 1 next week, it will break JAY Z/Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail's record of 8 weeks. 2. BASTILLE STAY AT NUMBER 1 OR ELSE ILL BE MAD. EITHER BASTILLE OR PHARRELL WILLIAMS. JUST DO IT. VOTE FOR IT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now trending on the Voted By U countdown:
    5 votes:
    Animals
    La la la
    4 votes:
    Hey Brother
    All Of Me
    Mmm Yeah
    Wake Me Up
    Headlights

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe you could add a new color for
    A song that should be ranked higher and should deserve more. Keep voting, I already have 6 votes in just over 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Top 5 Least Favorite Songs on Hits 1 (since it seems to be the trend)
    1. Alone Together
    2. Too Long of Title
    3. Dance with me Tonight
    4. Sirens
    5. Not a Bad Thing
    Note there's a pattern going on in our lists :)
    -Remmy (inspired by Emmy :) )

    ReplyDelete
  14. #weekendcountdown tomorrow! I heard there's some new debuts, but thank god Move is still on hit-bound!
    -Remmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My predictions for entrants are:
      ~ Ed Sheeran – Sing
      ~ Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
      ~ Travie McCoy Ft. Brendon Urie – Keep On Keeping On

      I predict exits from:
      ~ Fall Out Boy – Alone Together
      ~ NONONO – Pumpin’ Blood
      ~ Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy

      Delete
    2. PLEASE LET ALONE TOGETHER LEAVE! I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT SONG!
      -remmy

      Delete
  15. Who will b #1? Hope it's not Timber. I predict it is Dark Horse or Pompeii.
    Best guess: Dark Horse!
    -Emmy (inspired by Remmy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!
      -Remmy (inspired by Emmy, who's inspired by me) :D

      Delete