Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pitbull (7) – Week Of March 1, 2014


I would’ve been fine with Timber at #1 if Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster could’ve been at #1 almost the same number of times. The fact that Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber and OneRepublic – Counting Stars kept that from happening got me annoyed. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.


  • Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away (#33)
  • Paramore – Still Into You (#40)
  • Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#45) [DTHNOBx2]

Last Week’s #1 Song: Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber
The Countdown
45. The 1975 – Chocolate (#44)
44. Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster (#34) [0 Weeks At #1/1 Week At #2]
43. Lorde – Royals (#42)
42. John Newman – Love Me Again (#43)
41. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#38)
40. Goldhouse – Feel Good (RE-ENTRY)
39. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#36) [New Record!]
38. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#30)
37. Katy Perry – Roar (#35)
36. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us (#32)
35. Panic! At The Disco/Lolo – Miss Jackson (#21)
34. Shakira/Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You (DEBUT)
33. Haim – The Wire (#29)
32. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#39)
31. Sara Bareilles – Brave (#17)
30. Lady Gaga – Applause (#37)
29. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#31)
28. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights (DEBUT)
27. Paramore – Ain’t It Fun (#25)
26. Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother (#18)
25. Zendaya – Replay (#24)
24. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life (#23)
23. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights (#28)
22. Glenn Morrison/Islove – Goodbye (#27)
21. AJR – I’m Ready (#26)
20. Cash Cash/Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home (#22)
19. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#19)
18. Aloe Blacc – The Man (#41)
17. A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#12)
16. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty (#20)
15. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#13)
14. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#14)
13. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#15)
12. Pharrell Williams – Happy (#16)
11. MKTO – Classic (#9)
10. Lorde – Team (#10)
  9. Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#11)
  8. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#6)
  7. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#7)
  6. Passenger – Let Her Go (#8)
  5. Katy Perry – Dark Horse (#3)
  4. Bastille – Pompeii (#4) [4th Week At #4]
  3. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#5)
  2. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#2)
  1. Pitbull/Ke$ha – Timber (#1) [7th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Panic! At The Disco/Lolo – Miss Jackson and Sara Bareilles – Brave (–14)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Aloe Blacc – The Man (+23)

New Entrants
~ We got a re-entry from Goldhouse – Feel Good.

~ Eminem and Rihanna went their separate ways. Eminem teamed up with Nate Ruess to produce Headlights. Though not as good as The Monster, it is still really good. I hope it can have a chance at #1.

~ A good comeback from Shakira. I now know why Eminem/Rihanna – The Monster dropped to the bottom of the countdown. Rihanna plays a good role in this song. And don’t even get me started on the music video. Can’t Remember To Forget You is a great song.

I Can’t Blurb You Away
~ Throw One Direction – Story Of My Life to #1! I don’t care!!! Anything but Timber and Counting Stars.

~ What did Avicii/Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother ever do to get kicked to #26?

~ If you listened to the countdown, you would’ve realized Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away aired at #33. This was a bit of a mystery. After I finished listening to the countdown, I realized that Haim – The Wire never aired. So I’m assuming that was #33.

~ Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark may have broken the record for longest tenure. But Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – Can’t Hold Us is doing everything it can. Can that song break Light Em Up’s record?

~ If you ask me what my favorite heavy rock song is, I’ll say Apocalytica/Adam Gontier – I Don’t Care.

~ The 17-year-old DJ Martin Garrix has a song on Hit-Bound called Animals. Words can't even describe how fantastic this song is. This song has one of the best dance beats I've ever heard. I'm pushing for this song to make the countdown soon. For a 17-year-old DJ, Martin Garrix can really make good dance beats. And this song is #4 on the iTunes charts (under the dance category).

~ At first I thought Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World was an okay song. But now I have a solid opinion on it. I like it. Of course, I'll regret that decision pretty soon. Kind of like what happened with Demons.

~ Of course Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like left when I didn't want it to. I miss it already.

~ Austin Mahone/Pitbull – Mmm Yeah is starting to air on 20 on 20. That's a good sign.

~ MKTO – Classic just debuted on The American Top 40 Chart.

~ Can we please get rid of The 1975 – Chocolate?

~ Glenn Morrison – Goodbye, AJR – I'm Ready, Paramore – Ain't It Fun, and Haim – The Wire are all songs that spend most of their time in the 20's.

~ I'm not kidding when I say Imagine Dragons – Demons needs to leave the Top 10. Don't even get me started on where Radioactive should go.

~ I'm predicting that next week's #4 will be Bastille – Pompeii.

~ I'm not ready for Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up to leave.

~ I'm also not ready for Panic! At The Disco – Miss Jackson to leave.

~ I kind of forgot A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera – Say Something was here.

~ In case you're wondering, this isn't the first time Zedd/Hayley Williams – Stay The Night entered the Top 10.

~ Does anyone else think that Lorde – Team won't reach #1?

~ John Mayer and Katy Perry broke up. (In case you didn't know).

My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again
2. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty
3. Panic! At The Disco/Lolo – Miss Jackson
4. Eminem/Nate Ruess – Headlights
5. Avicii/Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up

Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Martin Garrix – Animals
2. Naughty Boy/Sam Smith – La La La
3. Hot Chelle Rae – Don't Say Goodnight
4. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend
5. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World

4 comments:

  1. Why did Justin Timberlake - Drink You Away exit and Re-enter on the same week? And why are there three songs leaving and four new entrants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you looked at the blurbs, you’d see that I said Haim – The Wire was deleted from the playlist.

      Delete
  2. I think #33 is The Wire by Haim.

    ReplyDelete