Saturday, January 18, 2014

OneRepublic (3) – Week Of January 18, 2014


Hey guys! This week's countdown sort of had a dramatic change to it. (Not The #1 Song Unfortunately). But our #2 song is showing signs of finally reaching #1. I'm hoping next weekend will be its lucky weekend. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
  • Serebro – Mi Mi Mi (#32)
  • Wax – Rosana (#38)
  • Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: OneRepublic – Counting Stars
The Countdown
45. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#20)
44. Lorde – Royals (#21)
43. John Newman – Love Me Again (#36)
42. Paramore – Still Into You (#24)
41. Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love (DEBUT)
40. AJR – I'm Ready (DEBUT)
39. Glenn Morrison ft. Islove – Goodbye (#40)
38. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#43)
37. Pharrell Williams – Happy (DEBUT)
36. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#39)
35. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#34)
34. Katy Perry – Roar (#41)
33. Beyoncé – XO (#42)
32. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#16)
31. Lady Gaga – Applause (#30)
30. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#29)
29. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#44)
28. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#14)
27. Flo Rida – How I Feel (#26)
26. A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#27)
25. Goldhouse – Feel Good (#28)
24. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away (#25)
23. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis – White Walls (#23)
22. Haim – The Wire (#37)
21. The Wanted – We Own The Night (#13)
20. Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#18)
19. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#31)
18. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#22)
17. Lorde – Team (#33)
16. Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – Dark Horse (#17)
15. Bastille – Pompeii (#35)
14. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#9)
13. Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#15)
12. Sara Bareilles – Brave (#19)
11. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#12)
10. MKTO – Classic (#11)
  9. Passenger – Let Her Go (#5)
  8. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#10)
  7. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#3)
  6. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#6)
  5. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#8)
  4. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber (#2)
  3. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#7)
  2. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (#4)
  1. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#1) [3rd Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (–25)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Bastille – Pompeii (+20)

New Entrants
-- First we have Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love. This song is really only good because it has Ed Sheeran in it. Without him, this song probably wouldn't be good. Ed Sheeran is a great vocalist and Lupe Fiasco by himself won't be good. So good job picking Ed Sheeran to sing the chorus.

-- Next we have Pharrell Williams – Happy. This song is okay. As I said in the past, Pharrell has great vocals. But this isn't his best. It's good though. Fun fact: It was from Despicable Me 2.

-- Last we have AJR – I'm Ready. This is just plain out bad. It's an obnoxious song that only kids will like. It's like the new Serebro – Mi Mi Mi. Luckily, that was the last bad song on Hit-Bound. Now Hit-Bound is full of good songs.

Countdown Info
-- I'm okay with Lorde – Royals at #44. That song is old.

-- Speaking of old songs, why is Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) still here? It's old! O-L-D! OLD!!!

-- I added a voting poll on my site. You vote for your favorite song(s) from Hit-Bound and the next weekend, you see if your vote was lucky enough to make it. NOTE: I cannot ensure your vote will make the countdown. It's just for you to assume what songs will make it next week.

-- Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like's countdown career is coming to an end so soon.

-- Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight and Fall Out Boy – Alone Together both re-entered the Top 5. For some reason, I'm not complaining.

-- MKTO – Classic re-entered the Top 10. Once again, I'm not complaining.

-- Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster reached #2! I SURE HOPE THIS IS A POSSIBLE #1 SONG!!!

-- Goodbye Wax – Rosana. I hope to never see you again!

-- A few of the songs that left recently have debuted after John Newman – Love Me Again. And that's still here! Glad to see the voters know which songs to keep (sort of).

-- Everyone should take a listen to Calvin Harris & Alesso ft. Hurts – Under Control. It's a great song.

-- Glenn Morrison – Goodbye only moved up 1 spot. These people who form the countdown every week must not know where to put the songs that debuted the week before. 

-- Because Pharrell – Happy debuted, that pushed up Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines to #19. All because of the countdown's silly rule about having songs by the same artist near each other.

-- Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love made another big jump. Just not the Biggest Jump Of The Week.

-- I really want John Newman – Try to debut the countdown. His voice is fantastic! If you haven't heard this song before, please take a listen to it.

-- This Weeks Artist Of The Week: Eminem

Non-Countdown Info
-- iTunes Hip-Hop/Rap Chart Talk: The iTunes Hip-Hop/Rap chart has Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster at #1. I hope this stays there because the dangerous Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – White Walls is at #2.

-- Google+ Talk: If you really like this blog, feel free to add me on Google+ at +Adrian Carrazco. If you add me, I'll add you back (If I haven't already). I have 2 profiles. If you want to add this profile, make sure you pick the profile with this profile pic. I also added +Spyder Harrison on Google+. I wonder if he knows about this blog. Probably not. 

-- Since CountdownRecap stopped his blog, Dylan George, Will Boyd, and I all have our own Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown blog.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster
2. John Newman – Love Me Again
3. Panic! At The Disco – Miss Jackson
4. Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love
5. The Wanted – We Own The Night

Top 5 Songs That Should Be On The Countdown*
1. John Newman – Try
2. Daughtry – Waiting For Superman
3. Maroon 5 – Lucky Strike
4. Avril Lavigne ft. Chad Kroeger – Let Me Go
5. Lifehouse ft. Natasha Bedingfield – Between The Raindrops

*Avicii ft. Adam Lambert & Nile Rodgers – Lay Me Down is not here because Hey Brother is on Hit-Bound.

24 comments:

  1. Don't you miss countdown recap's blog? He was quite cool. I was sad when I saw the post titled "goodbye". I want to thank you for continuing the hits 1 countdown charts. I like your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss CountdownRecap's blog. I was also sad when I saw the post titled “Goodbye”. Then I told myself I will continue to blog for 2 reasons. One is that I like to keep people informed. Especially keeping them informed about The 45 Biggest Songs In North America. And the other reason is that it's fun. I enjoy listening to Spyder Harrison every weekend because he is funny. I also enjoy giving my personal opinions.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are the other people who blog the weekend countdown ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dylan George and Will Boyd.

    Dylan's Blog Is At: www.siriusxmhits1weekendcountdownmusic.blogspot.com
    Will's Blog Is At: www.wilster12122.blogspot.com

    Check Out Their Blogs Too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top 5
    1. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want
    2. Bastille - Pompeii
    3. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - White Walls
    4. Panic! At The Disco - Miss Jackson
    5. Flo Rida - How I Feel

    I'm very sad that Serebro - Mi Mi Mi left! :( Nooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a celebrity crush on NiallHoran from One Direction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been through a celebrity crush before. I know what it's like.

      Delete
    2. He's actually pretty hot. I can understand if anyone has a crush on him.

      Delete
  7. I don't agree with Beyoncé - XO, HAIM - The Wire, AJR - I'm Ready, and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - White Walls being in red

    ReplyDelete
  8. Countdown recap said that there was a very slim chance that he would start recapping the weekend countdown again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You said that Between the Raindrops should be on the countdown, and it's about 1 1/2 years old. It is very good though. Is it on hit-bound? If it is, I wouldn't be surprised, because songs on hitbound can be songs that were on the countdown long ago or are old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not on Hit-Bound, nor was it ever on the countdown. But Hits 1 brings in some songs that were released over a year ago. Example: Midnight Red – Hell Yeah.

      Delete
  10. You should add a new color for I Absolutely Love This Song, maybe white??
    Aren't u sad that Serebro - Mi Mi Mi left?:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'll think about it. I'm a little sad Serebro – Mi Mi Mi left.

      Delete
  11. I mostly have a crush on everyone In One Direction except Liam
    They're all so unbelievably amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But the two hottest in my opinion are Niall Horan and Harry Styles.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I had a crush on Hunter Hayes and I got so over it that it's as if it never happened. :|

      Delete
  13. What's ur favorite song overall it doesn't have to be on hits 1
    Neon Lights
    Thinking About You
    Hey Brother
    It's funny that mine r all on Hitbound

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Favorite Songs Are:
    • Linkin Park & Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes
    • Eminem f/ Rihanna – The Monster
    • John Newman – Try
    • Daughtry – Waiting For Superman

    Those Are My Overall Favorites Right Now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My blog ( www.at40charts.blogspot.com) has a poll that you can vote for your favorite song towards the top of the chart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AJR's first ever song debuted this week. Also, 8 years later, Pharrell's song Just A Cloud Away from the same soundtrack would enter Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete