Saturday, January 11, 2014

OneRepublic (2) – Week Of January 11, 2014


Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, we're saying goodbye to the CountdownRecap. His career as the countdown recap has come to an end. I was really sad when I saw the post titled "Goodbye" on his blog. He inspired me to create this blog. He seemed like a really cool person. Even though I've never met or even seen him, he seemed cool. I promised to continue blogging the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown for him. I told him to check it out every once in a while. If you were a fan of his blog, this will have to be the new place you look every week. If you want me to be like him at all in this blog, just tell me and I'll try my best. Goodbye, CountdownRecap. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#31) [DTHNOBx2]
  • Linkin Park & Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (#33)
  • Rihanna – What Now (#36)
  • Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (#41)
  • The Mowgli's – Say It, Just Say It (#42)
  • Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber
The Countdown
45. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#25)
44. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I  Need Your Love (#34)
43. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#35) [6 Weeks at #1]
42. Beyoncé – XO (DEBUT)
41. Katy Perry – Roar (#29) [7 Weeks at #1]
40. Glenn Morrison ft. Islove – Goodbye (DEBUT)
39. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#38) [8 Weeks at #1]
38. Wax – Rosana (#26)
37. Haim – The Wire (DEBUT)
36. John Newman – Love Me Again (#43)
35. Bastille – Pompeii (DEBUT)
34. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#39) [3 Weeks at #1]
33. Lorde – Team (DEBUT)
32. Serebro – Mi Mi Mi (#30)
31. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#32)
30. Lady Gaga – Applause (#37)
29. Bruno Mars – Young Girls (#27)
28. Goldhouse – Feel Good (DEBUT)
27. A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera – Say Something (#40)
26. Flo Rida – How I Feel (#22)
25. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away (#18)
24. Paramore – Still Into You (#20)
23. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis – White Walls (#29)
22. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (#23)
21. Lorde – Royals (#8) [1 Week at #1]
20. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#12)
19. Sara Bareilles – Brave (#21)
18. Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#44)
17. Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – Dark Horse (#16)
16. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#17)
15. Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#26)
14. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#13)
13. The Wanted – We Own The Night (#14)
12. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#10)
11. MKTO – Classic (#11)
10. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#19)
  9. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#7)
  8. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#15) [1 Week at #1]
  7. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#9) [1 Week at #1]
  6. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#5) [4 Weeks at #1]
  5. Passenger – Let Her Go (#6)
  4. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (#3)
  3. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#4) [1 Week at #1]
  2. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber (#1) [2 Weeks at #1]
  1. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#2) [2nd Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Selena Gomez – Slow Down (–20)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (+26)

New Entrants
-- Ok. Where To Start. I guess I'll do this in countdown order from highest debut to lowest debut.

-- With the highest debut of the week, we have long time Hit-Bound-er Goldhouse – Feel Good. I'm glad this finally debuted. Feel Good is a good song for some reason that I don't know. It's just good. I like the vocals and the beat of the song.

-- Next we have Lorde – Team. This song is more interesting and not as boring as Royals. Spyder Harrison said he loves this song. There is not really much to discuss about this song though besides Lorde's vocals.

-- Bastille – Pompeii debuted this week. The Alt Nation Alt-18 Countdown is always ahead of the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown by a little bit. Songs like The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather, Daft Punk – Get Lucky, Lorde – Team, and Bastille – Pompeii are good examples. This group already has a second song on the Alt-18 Countdown while we just brought in Pompeii. This song has good instrumentals and good vocals. Almost everything is good about this song.

-- We're halfway through guys. Now we have Haim – The Wire. The only good part of the song is the end in my opinion. But others seem to have a different opinion since they say they like it. Of course, I'm the one who's right. Right? RIGHT??

-- We now come to the best debut of the week. It is Glenn Morrison – Goodbye. This song has a great dance beat which is what I expect from our Electronic/Dance artists. The vocals are also good. I need to hear this song more though. I've only heard it for the few weeks where it was on Hit-Bound. But for now, it is really good.

-- Last, and definitely least, we have Beyoncé – XO. What does that title mean??? Is it a sideways face?? Is it supposed to be a symbol?? Did she just pick this random title?? I am not a big fan of Beyoncé. Especially her new album. She has at least 13 music videos in the iTunes music video chart. People are going crazy about this album. But this song doesn't make me wanna listen to the rest of the album.

Countdown Info
-- Somehow, Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark managed to not be one of the six songs that left this week.

-- I guess Panic! At The Disco – Miss Jackson's countdown career isn't coming to an end.

-- I would have assumed Justin Timberlake could've grabbed the #1 spot. But that doesn't seem possible anymore.

-- It seems to be impossible for Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster to reach #1.

-- John Newman released his album, Tribute. I am really impressed. We need some more John Newman songs on the countdown.

-- I got over my celebrity crush on Hunter Hayes. No need to worry anymore.

-- I'm going to state the obvious right now. Wax – Rosana and Bruno Mars – Young Girls are horrible.

-- Goodbye, Linkin Park & Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes. You will be missed.

-- This will be a new thing I do. I will pick out the artist I listened to most every week. It could be a new artist, it could be an old artist.

This Week's Artist Of The Week: Justin Timberlake 

Now for a mini Hit-Bound review.

-- We heard an exclusive of Oh Honey – Be Okay. That song is okay.

-- Avicii ft. Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother finally debuted on Hit-Bound!

-- American Authors – Best Day Of My Life also debuted on Hit-Bound.

-- I'm waiting for Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love to debut on the countdown.

-- Paramore has a new song on Hit-Bound.

-- A random song from a random artist on Hit-Bound right now: Hardwell ft. Matthew Koma – Dare You.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away
2. Glenn Morrison – Goodbye
3. John Newman – Love Me Again
4. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster
5. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like

35 comments:

  1. XO = Hugs & Kisser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brother needs to debut! I've never heard Glenn Morrison - Goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to really enjoy Panic! At The Disco - Miss Jackson and Beyoncé - XO
    Turn the lights out baby luv me lights out! Catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top 5
    1. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want
    2. Macklemore - White Walls
    3. Flo Rida - How I Feel
    4. Bastille - Pompeii
    5. Armin Van Buuren - This Is What It Feels Like

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is Demi Lovato - Neon Lights!?!! That's a great song Isn't it on Hitbound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually on Hit-Bound. I'm waiting for it to debut like everyone else.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I really REALLY want Neon Lights- Demi Lovato to debut! Its one of my favorite songs right now!

      Delete
  6. I just made this new blog!! Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Go To Your Blog, Copy The Link From The Address Bar, Paste It In A New Comment, and Post That Comment. I Would Love To See Your New Blog.

      Delete
  8. http://wilster12122.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to give pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My blog( based on AT 40) is at www. at40charts.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. Glad to see you're continuing the weekend countdown blog. I just found your blog today. I found the previous blog just before Christmas and was saddened to see it stopped. But you made my weekends now that you're continuing this. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just about to post last week's charts!

      Delete
    2. ZKhanFL, I'm glad you enjoy this blog. I am getting a lot of readers and I'm glad to see that. I always follow the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown and I thought how cool it would be to make a blog of my own. In fact there are 2 other people who blog the Weekend Countdown as well.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for continuing these for the Weekend Countdown- I run a radio show and am trying to aggregate as many pop hits as possible to run my playlists, and blogs like these are easier to get all the newest hits on.

      Delete
    4. Cool. Glad To Know That You're Benefiting From This. On The Web Version Of This Is, There Is A Poll That Has A Bunch Of Future Hits. Songs That Aren't On The Countdown Yet.

      Delete
  12. Can someone tell me whats on Hitbound it hasnt been updated for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karmin – I Want It All, Aloe Blacc – The Man, and Chris Wallace – Keep Me Crazy are all new to Hit-Bound.

    ReplyDelete
  14. whats ur fav out of those three???
    Mine is Chris Wallace - Keep Me Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all of them. But my favorite is Karmin – I Want It All.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Top 5 Picks On Hit-Bound Are:
    1. Avicii feat. Dan Tyminski – Hey Brother
    2. Demi Lovato – Neon Lights
    3. Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma – Dare You
    4. Karmin – I Want It All
    5. Cash Cash feat. Bebe Rexha – Take Me Home

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you not know xo means hugs and kisses? Also RIP CountdownRecap

    ReplyDelete