Saturday, June 22, 2019

Jonas Brothers (12 & 13) – Weeks Of June 15 & 22, 2019

Hey guys! So yeah. This is gonna be another combination of posts because I was very unmotivated to get last week's countdown post done in a timely manner. So I just decided to combine last week's countdown with this week's countdown and there's definitely a lot to talk about this week. Before we get to last week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we said goodbye to last week.


  • Dean Lewis – Be Alright (#40)

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers – Sucker
The Countdown
45. Dan + Shay – Tequila (#45)
44. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (#44)
43. Jordan McGraw – Flexible (#31)
42. Billie Eilish – When The Party's Over (#43)
41. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#39)
40. Alessia Cara – Out Of Love (#38)
39. Post Malone – Wow (#42)
38. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku – So Close (#41)
37. BTS/Halsey – Boy With Luv (#37)
36. Andy Grammer – Don't Give Up On Me (#34)
35. Ciara – Thinkin Bout You (#24)
34. Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend (#32)
33. Bazzi – Paradise (DEBUT)
32. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#26)
31. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#33) [7 Weeks At #1]
30. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#25)
29. Ariana Grande – Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#11)
28. Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired (#21)
27. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump – Summer Days (#35)
26. Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved (#23)
25. Ava Max – So Am I (#30)
24. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#29) [8 Weeks At #1]
23. Khalid – Talk (#28)
22. Alec Benjamin – If We Have Each Other (#36)
21. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#16) [2 Weeks At #1]
20. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (#14)
19. MAX/Quinn XCII – Love Me Less (#27)
18. Billie Eilish – Bad Guy (#13)
17. P!nk – Walk Me Home (#17)
16. Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime (#20)
15. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber – I Don't Care (#15)
14. Katy Perry – Never Really Over (#19)
13. Dan + Shay – Speechless (#12)
12. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road (#22)
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Easier (#18)
10. Halsey – Without Me (#4) [5 Weeks At #1]
  9. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar (#8)
  8. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#9)
  7. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#10) [3 Weeks At #1]
  6. Halsey – Nightmare (#6)
  5. Marshmello/CHVRCHES – Here With Me (#7)
  4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love (#3)
  3. Shawn Mendes – If I Can't Have You (#5)
  2. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie – ME! (#2)
  1. Jonas Brothers – Sucker (#1) [12th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Ariana Grande – Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (–18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Alec Benjamin – If We Have Each Other (+14)




With that, I will move on to this week's countdown. Then I will just have blurbs and reviews for this week's list. Last week's countdown is just there because I started working on it and didn't want to delete it. So yeah. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • BTS/Halsey – Boy With Luv (#37)
  • Dan + Shay – Tequila (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers – Sucker
The Countdown
45. Billie Eilish – When The Party's Over (#42)
44. Ariana Grande – 7 Rings (#44)
43. Jordan McGraw – Flexible (#43)
42. Alessia Cara – Out Of Love (#40)
41. Twenty One Pilots – Chlorine (#32)
40. Post Malone – Wow (#39)
39. Ellie Goulding/Diplo – Close To Me (#41)
38. Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (#21) [2 Weeks At #1]
37. Bazzi – Paradise (#33)
36. Billie Eilish – Bury A Friend (#34)
35. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku – So Close (#38)
34. Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes (#24) [8 Weeks At #1]
33. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor – With You (DEBUT)
32. Lauv/Troye Sivan – I'm So Tired (#28)
31. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling (#31) [7 Weeks At #1]
30. Alec Benjamin – Let Me Down Slowly (#30)
29. Ariana Grande – Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#29)
28. Andy Grammer – Don't Give Up On Me (#36)
27. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump – Summer Days (#27)
26. P!nk – Walk Me Home (#17)
25. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger (#20)
24. MAX/Quinn XCII – Love Me Less (#19)
23. Billie Eilish – Bad Guy (#18)
22. Alec Benjamin – If We Have Each Other (#22)
21. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar (#9)
20. Ava Max – So Am I (#25)
19. Dan + Shay – Speechless (#13)
18. Khalid – Talk (#23)
17. Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime (#16)
16. Katy Perry – Never Really Over (#14)
15. Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved (#26)
14. Ciara – Thinkin Bout You (#35)
13. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Easier (#11)
12. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road (#12)
11. Jonas Brothers – Cool (DEBUT)
10. Halsey – Without Me (#10) [5 Weeks At #1]
  9. Marshmello/CHVRCHES – Here With Me (#5)
  8. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho (#8)
  7. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#7) [3 Weeks At #1]
  6. Halsey – Nightmare (#6)
  5. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber – I Don't Care (#15)
  4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love (#4)
  3. Shawn Mendes – If I Can't Have You (#3)
  2. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie – ME! (#2)
  1. Jonas Brothers – Sucker (#1) [13th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (Saturday Night) (3)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Marshmello/Bastille – Happier (–17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ciara – Thinkin Bout You (+21)


New Entrants
~ Last week, we had one debut in the form of Paradise by Bazzi. I'm not huge on Bazzi as a whole and my opinion on this is similar to my opinion on most of his music. I think he's talented and has a good voice, but his music is underwhelming and he doesn't use his voice to its full potential. I'll take this over his newer single with 21 Savage, but I still don't like this and given that it's not really a hit, I hope it doesn't stick around.

~ Moving on to this week, we have With You by Kaskade and Meghan Trainor. I'm not sure why Hits 1 has been making such a big deal about this song. I completely forgot about it when it was released last week because iTunes was not promoting it and it was not very high at all on their Hot Tracks. The song itself is not very good as it's just another generic EDM track with underwhelming production and mediocre vocals. I like a few of Kaskade's songs, but he can do so much better than this. And Meghan Trainor is typical untalented Meghan Trainor. So need I say more? This is not a hit, so I hope to see it on its way out soon.

~ Finally, we have the Jonas Brothers, who have been a big name on Hits 1 this past year. They bring Cool. I do think Sucker is pretty catchy and it's a nice little tune despite being extremely overrated. It can seem underwhelming at times. But Cool is basically Sucker without the catchiness. It's just underwhelming, boring, forgettable, and Nick Jonas does not sound good. I haven't listened to Happiness Begins and I don't exactly plan to, but I'm sure there are much better songs on there that should've been pushed instead of Cool. This is very bland and it's absolutely insane that this debuted at #11. This for sure is because of Jonas Brothers stannage because there is absolutely nothing unique or original about this.


Best Debut of the Week: You're not honestly gonna make me pick, are you?


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Lizzo – Truth Hurts
  • AJR – 100 Bad Days
  • Kygo/Rita Ora – Carry On
  • Asher Angel – One Thought Away
  • P!nk – Hustle
  • Miley Cyrus – Mother's Daughter
  • Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello – Señorita (DEBUT)
  • The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha – Call You Mine
  • Push Baby – Mama's House
  • Taylor Swift – You Need To Calm Down
  • Public – Make You Mine
  • Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock – Cross Me
  • Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello – Find U Again
  • OneRepublic – Rescue Me
  • In Real Life – Crazy AF

~ Last week, we saw the debut of You Need To Calm Down by Taylor Swift. I like what she was going for with the song and the video and I loved the moment she had with Katy Perry in the video. But the song is just so painfully bland. I don't like the beat, I don't think Taylor sounds good here, and I just think this is an example of a generic unoriginal pop song. To me, this song sounds like pure album filler and not single material at all. I like Taylor and I'm still interested in how her album is going to sound, but this song is not working for me at all.

~ Our one debut this week is a collaboration between Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello with Señorita. I think the Latin vibe is pretty cool and it's a well-produced track. Camila sounds pretty bad, but I quite like Shawn's vocals. So I'm conflicted vocal-wise. It is pretty new though, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I do also think this is the superior Shawn and Camila collaboration.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Kygo/Rita Ora – Carry On
2. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha – Call You Mine
3. P!nk – Hustle
4. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello – Find U Again
5. Miley Cyrus – Mother's Daughter


Parablurbs
~ So Sucker by the Jonas Brothers is now the longest running #1 song in Hits 1 Weekend Countdown history at 13 weeks. It was previously a tie between Shake It Off by Taylor Swift, Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon, and Hello by Adele each at 12 weeks. Then before that, it was Apologize by OneRepublic at 11. First of all, I just want to say that Apologize is easily the best out of all of these. Second, I don't think Sucker is worthy of holding this record. But then again, of the previous three holders, Shut Up and Dance was the only one worthy and I don't like the idea of four songs tied for one record. It's nice to be back at one even if Walk The Moon deserved it the most out of these four. But Sucker is really not that great of a song. It's a cute little bop that I can enjoy on the radio every now and then (certainly not every hour). I'm pretty much certain that this only got big because "OMG the Jonas Brothers are back!" This song is not groundbreaking or that amazing. It's a fine song and that's not enough for it to be breaking records in my eyes. I guess Hits 1 sees it differently, which is fine I guess. I'm happy to see these guys back. I just wish that this fine song called Sucker was not made out to be so much better than it actually is because I doubt I'll remember this song in the next few years.

~ ME by Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie is still at #2. I doubt this will hit #1 at this point because Sucker has been blocking songs from the top for the past 2-3 months. I don't think ME is amazing, but I do think it would've been nice to see it spend one week at #1.

~ I Don't Care by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber finally hit the Top 5. I think the song is okay, but it has been getting better with each listen. It's really catchy. I'd be down to see this song at #1 in the near future given that it's been a really long time since Justin Bieber had a #1 song, assuming he ever even had one.

~ Here With Me by Marshmello and CHVRCHES peaked in the Top 5 last week, which I think is pretty cool. It's nice to see CHVRCHES finally have some mainstream success. For some reason, I didn't see this song as a Top 5 hit, but I'm happy with it. I do like the song quite a bit even though it's Happier with a different singer.

~ Thinkin Bout You by Ciara made a pretty big jump after falling last week. I don't know why, but I just can't get into this song. It's fine, but not very exciting and pretty underwhelming for the most part. I can't see myself disliking it, but I also can't see myself loving it.

~ Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi rose into the Top 20. I know my thoughts on this changed pretty quickly. I just think the oversinging sounds pretty bad and the song itself is pretty boring. I know I usually like ballads, but they need great singers to work.

~ If anyone here likes generic songs, then you're probably happy to see Talk by Khalid and So Am I by Ava Max in the Top 20. But me on the other hand, I prefer actual R&B music from someone like Khalid and original music from someone like Ava Max.

~ Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons dropped out of the Top 20, which I can't really say surprises me. I'm surprised it stuck around as long as it did. It's a great song though and I'm glad it was a hit here even though it did poorly everywhere else.

~ Happier by Marshmello and Bastille dropped quite a bit this week. It's been around for a long time now, so I'm surprised it didn't drop sooner. It's still a good song even though it's gotten a little stale. I applaud Marshmello for choosing Bastille because Dan Smith's vocals are the reason I still think this is a good song.

~ Out Of Love by Alessia Cara is now in the Bottom 5. This song's time is ending. I don't know how else to say it. I'm surprised it even debuted, although Hits 1 has been picking up on her latest mediocre singles. I can say this is the best of the three, but this one in particular is pretty boring.

~ I'm ready for the two pieces of trash in the Bottom 2 to leave us soon. One for being very annoying and braggy and the other for being excruciatingly boring.

~ As far as the exits go, Be Alright and Tequila are great and will be missed and Boy With Luv sucks. I'm glad this overrated collaboration did not stick around.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Halsey – Without Me
19. Halsey – Nightmare
18. Ava Max – So Am I

1 – Bad:
17. Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved
16. Jonas Brothers – Cool
15. Khalid – Talk
14. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
13. Katy Perry – Never Really Over
12. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road

2 – Mediocre:
11. Jonas Brothers – Sucker
10. Panic! At The Disco – Hey Look Ma, I Made It

3 – Decent:
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Easier
8. Ciara – Thinkin Bout You
7. Shawn Mendes – If I Can't Have You
6. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer – Who Do You Love
5. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber – I Don't Care

4 – Good:
4. Panic! At The Disco – Dancing's Not A Crime

5 – Great:
3. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie – ME!
2. Dan + Shay – Speechless
1. Marshmello/CHVRCHES – Here With Me

Overall Score: 44/100 = 44% (C)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Whitney Houston – Run To You

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: P!nk/Wrabel – 90 Days

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Panic! At The Disco – Say Amen (#1) and Foster The People – Sit Next To Me (#6)


My Top 5 Picks
1. Sam Smith/Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
2. Marshmello/CHVRCHES – Here With Me
3. Imagine Dragons – Bad Liar
4. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini – This Feeling
5. Dan + Shay – Speechless

23 comments:

  1. This comment section is so much more peaceful when Chase isn’t here bombarding it with scum. Let’s enjoy the peacefulness while we can until he comes back and ruins our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian, can you make an opinion of Hits 1 in this recent weeks, and Sucker? I would like to see you do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO! You should listen to Happiness Begins! Don't be fooled by Sucker and Cool! They're nothing like the album!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, could you add my blog to the side bar? Here's the link: https://belugasweekendcountdown.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. Dunno if he will but I can.

      Delete
  4. I find it kinda funny that you came back around to This Feeling just as I lost interest in it. Huh.

    Yep, it's pretty sad to see Bad Liar falling out. I see it dropping soon.

    Am I the only one who somewhat enjoys With You (see what I did there)? I do agree that Hits 1 is making it a huge deal though; if you put "With You lyrics" into Google Search, Kaskade's isn't even Top 8.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hits 1 updated the voting poll!

    Available:
    Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Señorita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if they just got rid of this or if I just missed it, but...

      Unavailable:
      Alessia Cara - Out Of Love

      Delete
  6. Predictions:

    Out:
    Out Of Love

    In:
    mama's house

    Biggest DROP!!!: Bad Liar

    Biggest Jump: Paradise

    #5: Nightmare
    #4: If I Can't Have You
    #3: Sucker
    #2: I Don't Care
    #1: ME!

    Hit-Bound Entrant:
    TBA (Hopefully Imagine Dragons)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senorita or YNTCD will likely enter. I highly doubt Mama’s House will even ever debut

      Delete
    2. #3 on mini wutchuwant countdown on Tuesday

      Delete
  7. Hits 1 updated the voting poll!

    Available:
    Blanco Brown - The Git Up
    SHAED - Trampoline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I have the Blogger Top 20 Ranking right here! The record-breaking list of participants this week are: Me, Adrian, WAMB10, Jack Farrel, Zachary Corsetti, Pyoris, Montavis Hill and Waffle.

    Exits:
    MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#16)
    Billie Eilish - bad guy (#15)
    P!nk - Walk Me Home (#10)
    Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#7) [1 week at our #1]
    Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#3)

    #20: Halsey - Without Me (17.5) (-)
    #19: Halsey - Nightmare (15.13) (-)
    #18: Khalid - Talk (14.88) (DEBUT)
    #17: Ava Max - So Am I (14.25) (DEBUT)
    #16: Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (13.88) (DEBUT)
    #14: Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (Remix) (12.88) (+3)
    #14: Jonas Brothers - Cool (12.88) (DEBUT)
    #13: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (12.75) (+5)
    #12: Jonas Brothers - Sucker (10.75) (+1) [3 weeks at our #1]
    #11: Dan + Shay - Speechless (10.25) (-2)
    #10: Katy Perry - Never Really Over (10) (+4)
    #9: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (9.5) (-4)
    #8: Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (9.38) (+2)
    #7: Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (8.88) (RE-ENTRY)
    #6: The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (8.63) (-1) [1 week at our #1]
    #5: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care (8.25) (+7)
    #4: Panic! At The Disco - Dancing’s Not A Crime (8.13) (+4)
    #2: Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (4.5) (+2)
    #2: Shawn Mendes - If I Can’t Have You (4.5) (-)
    #1: Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (2.75) (-) [8th week at our #1]

    Biggest DROP!!!: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (-4)

    Biggest Jump: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care (+7)

    That’s the list! Congrats to Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie for the eighth week in a row! Also, watch out for Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber coming in hot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quick Countdown Recap:

    Out:
    Out Of Love (#42)

    In:
    You Need To Calm Down (#17)

    Biggest DROP!!!: Thinkin Bout You (-9)

    Biggest Jump: Talk (+11)

    #5: ME!
    #4: Sucker (FINALLY!!!)
    #3: Who Do You Love
    #2: Nightmare
    #1: If I Can't Have You

    Hit-Bound Entrants:
    The Git Up
    Trampoline
    Beautiful People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corrections:
      Beautiful People did not debut Hit-Bound

      Delete
    2. Also, mama's house left Hit-Bound. Not sure if permanent or not. Probably not.

      Delete
  10. Hit-Bound List:

    Blanco Brown - The Git Up (DEBUT)
    P!nk - Hustle
    In Real Life - Crazy AF
    Lizzo - Truth Hurts
    Shaed - Trampoline (DEBUT)
    Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
    The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
    AJR - 100 Bad Days
    Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
    Asher Angel - One Thought Away
    OneRepublic - Rescue Me
    Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
    Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
    Public - Make You Mine
    Kygo/Rita Ora - Carry On

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's a google form for my Weekly Ranking:
    https://forms.gle/uDSWJY9zzdiFHvZH9

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to One Direction and Bad for participating. You are accounted for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted my Top 20 review on my blog. Do I have to use the google form or not?

    ReplyDelete