Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Charlie Puth (2) – Week Of February 17, 2018

Hey guys! I wanted to let you know that I have a Spotify playlist that contains all of my favorite songs at the moment. So feel free to check it out if you're curious what some of my favorite songs are, even though you can just look here to see the majority. I will update it frequently as my favorite songs change with time. But you can click here and the link is also on the right-hand side of the web version of this site. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Justin Timberlake – Filthy (#28)
  • The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#42)
  • Charlie Puth – Attention (#45) [1 Week At #1]

Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth – How Long
The Countdown
45. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#44)
44. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#43) [1 Week At #1]
43. P!nk – What About Us (#41) [1 Week At #1]
42. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#40) [3 Weeks At #1]
41. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#39)
40. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#38)
39. Kesha – Praying (#37)
38. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something (DEBUT)
37. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#33) [4 Weeks At #1]
36. Symon – Lonely Girl (#35)
35. Troye Sivan – My My My! (DEBUT)
34. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#36)
33. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
32. AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up (DEBUT)
31. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#32)
30. Wolves – Animal (#34)
29. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#24)
28. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#31)
27. Camila Cabello – Havana (#30) [1 Week At #1]
26. All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (#25)
25. G-Eazy/Halsey – Him & I (#22)
24. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#23)
23. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#26)
22. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#21) [3 Weeks At #1]
21. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#27)
20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle (#16)
19. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#17)
18. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#13)
17. Maroon 5 – Wait (#19)
16. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#11)
15. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (#14) [1 Week At #1]
14. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (#20)
13. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#15)
12. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#12)
11. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma (#10)
10. NF – Let You Down (#18)
  9. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself (#8)
  8. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#9)
  7. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#6)
  6. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#7)
  5. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
  4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt – Let Me Go (#3)
  3. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#2) [5 Weeks At #1]
  2. Halsey – Bad At Love (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
  1. Charlie Puth – How Long (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Tie Between Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River, Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same, and Lauv – I Like Me Better (–5)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: NF – Let You Down (+8)

New Entrants
~ Getting the worst one over with, we have Sober Up by AJR featuring Rivers Cuomo of Weezer. As I've said before numerous times, AJR is pretty bad. I'm sure they're nice guys and all. But their music sucks ass and this is something they've been pretty consistent with throughout their career so far. I'm Ready was one of the worst songs of 2014 and Weak was one of the worst songs of 2017. Everything in between was mediocre at best. They've never had a good song. Sober Up is no exception. I do think the song is more tolerable than Weak as the production is not as obnoxious. But the songwriting here is not good. The lyrics are actually pretty bad. The vocals are not that good either. The instrumentation is kind of bland. The use of what I believe is a cello does not sound good and it gets annoying after a while. I'm not really sure why they brought in Rivers Cuomo. I don't see very many similarities between AJR and Weezer as far as their music goes. But honestly, none of this comes as a surprise. AJR is one of the few bands that consistently releases bad music, single after single. It's quite impressive. Overall, I'm not a fan of this and I'm hoping it doesn't stay long. It's bad enough that it apparently got enough votes to debut.

~ Our next two debuts were both named the best song on Hit-Bound at some point in time. One of them is Troye Sivan with My My My. As you may or may not know, I'm a big fan of Troye. He's one of those artists that I've been a fan since the beginning. I loved watching his YouTube videos. Then he released songs like Happy Little Pill and Wild, both of which I loved. After that, he got pretty big with his song Youth, which was successful here on Hits 1. I really like that one. Then came the album Blue Neighborhood as well as a remake of Wild with Alessia Cara. My My My is the lead single off his new album, which should be coming out sometime this year. I think this song is really enjoyable. It has a lot of life to it. Troye really shows off his voice here and I love the production. He's a very good songwriter and this song is no exception. The lyrics are really good. All in all, I really like this song. It's fun and catchy and I hope it does well.

~ Finally, we have the best debut of the week coming from Justin Timberlake, who recently headlined the Super Bowl halftime show. As I said in my whole post about it, I enjoyed it and I think some people were a little too critical and failed to see the amount of work that still went into it. But that's just me. I can appreciate a good performance, even if it's not the best. This week, he brings Say Something, the follow-up to Filthy (which I'm mixed on) and Supplies (which I don't like). I've listened to the whole album and I think Say Something is the best song on there. This is the kind of song I was hoping for when Timberlake said he'd be going back to his roots. This is what I like. The country influences sound really good. I love the use of the acoustic guitar. The production is fantastic. The lyrical content seems limited, but it doesn't take much away from the song. The vocals here are fantastic. Timberlake sounds amazing and I love the contribution from Chris Stapleton. I think they sound really good together. Overall, fantastic song. This is a collab that works really well and I'm so glad this song is getting acknowledged and popular as opposed to songs like Supplies. Here's to hoping this does well.


Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list.


  • Kesha/The Dap-King Horns – Woman
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down
  • Welshly Arms – Legendary
  • Niall Horan – On The Loose (DEBUT)
  • Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You
  • Wild Things – Don't Wanna Feel It
  • The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me (DEBUT)
  • Spencer – Whatever
  • Keala Settle – This Is Me
  • Post Malone – I Fall Apart
  • Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen – These Days (DEBUT)
  • Portugal. The Man – Live In The Moment

~ I think On The Loose is enjoyable. It's pretty upbeat similar to Slow Hands, though this song is a little bit faster. As I've said before, I like Niall's music. However, I can't really see this as being that big of a hit. I feel like it'll follow the path of Too Much To Ask where it does decently well here, but isn't that big everywhere else.

~ Pray For Me is very similar to Starboy, which I still love to this day. My dad heard it for the first time on the radio recently. He immediately asked if it was from the movie Black Panther, which it is. It seems very fitting for that movie, which is probably why he assumed the song was in it. I love the dark vibe and the production. The Weeknd sounds great and I love Kendrick Lamar's verse. He's still one of the most talented rappers these days. All in all, fantastic song and I hope it debuts soon.

~ Rudimental have yet to really disappoint me. They've had a couple of songs do reasonably well on the countdown in the past like Feel The Love and Lay It All On Me. I think These Days has a nice collection of artists on vocals. It's an interesting collab that works. Jess Glynne sounds really good. I love her voice. Dan Caplen and Macklemore sound good as well. The production is pretty good for the most part. I like this song and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it on the countdown.

~ After more listens, This Is Me has become one of my favorites right now. It's different, but it's cool and I love that Hits 1 picked up on it. The production is really good and her voice is phenomenal. Everything about this song works very well. The fact that this is from a soundtrack for a musical is irrelevant because this is true talent. I judge based on quality.


Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me
2. Keala Settle – This Is Me
3. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen – These Days
4. Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
5. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down


Blurb Something
~ Not much changed with the Top 5. Charlie Puth holds at #1 with How Long, which I'm perfectly fine with. I prefer it over our #2 and #3 songs. Seriously though, Bad At Love at #2? Really? I get that Hits 1 is obsessed with Halsey, but this song has been here for a while now. I don't think it should still be this high. It's still decent though. It just faded on me a little bit.

~ New to the Top 10, we have NF with Let You Down. I'm glad to see this song is doing well. It's nothing amazing. But I like the message behind it and the vocals are really good aside from the high-pitched voice, which is a little unpleasing to the ears.

~ Even though MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low missed Hits 1's Top 45 of 2017 (and I'm sure it was close), I have a feeling we'll be seeing it in Hits 1's Top 45 of 2018. I'm glad to see it gaining more success outside of Hits 1 and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the Top 10 soon.

~ So apparently, Kelly Clarkson is joining The Voice along with Alicia Keys returning, and Adam Levine and Blake Shelton remaining. I've seen numerous ads and commercials about it and they play Love So Soft in the background, which is one of her worst songs in her whole career. Not exactly the best choice because it doesn't show how talented she really is. Hopefully she's a good coach. I think this is something she's qualified for since she was once in the position of the contestants when she competed on American Idol.

~ As far as our exits go, I find it funny that Filthy and Hot Damn left on the same week since Hot Damn has some Justin Timberlake vibes. It was a good song while it lasted. It did last longer than I thought it would. I actually predicted that Filthy would be replaced by Say Something. This is pretty much a replica of Perfect Illusion. It was the big comeback release leading up to the Super Bowl halftime show and it ended up flopping big time. Seriously, this song didn't even reach the Top 20. Finally, we have Attention, which I still really like. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it. There's something about it that just makes it such a catchy song. I'm glad it was successful and it's nice to see How Long following in its footsteps.

~ The lack of blurbs is the result of not very much happening this week. Aside from our debuts, not much happened at all. Our Biggest Jump and DROPS!!!... of the Week were under ten spots. So there's not very much to talk about this week.

~ Since there's not much to talk about, I thought I'd mention that you guys are free to follow me on social media. I know some of you have followed me on Instagram (@the_adrian_carrazco). I'm perfectly fine with that. You can friend request me on Facebook if you want. You can follow me on Twitter (@AdrianCarrazco_), though I don't tweet. So it seems kind of pointless. I only check Twitter a couple of times per year. But I do have an account. I just don't use it. For other things to follow, I already talked about my Spotify playlist, which I will update every now and then as new songs come in and old songs go out. You should definitely follow this blog if you don't already. If you look on the web version of the site on the right-hand side, there's a feature that shows all of this blog's followers and there's a button to follow the site. I don't really know what that does. I think it just notifies you when I post something. But I like seeing who all of my followers are. I'll try to add something on the side to include all of my social links. But you are free to follow me on anything I just mentioned.


Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Imagine Dragons – Thunder

1 – Bad:
19. Lauv – I Like Me Better
18. Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey – The Middle

2 – Mediocre:
16. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't

3 – Decent:
15. Halsey – Bad At Love

4 – Good:
14. Maroon 5 – Wait

5 – Great:
13. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves
12. X Ambassadors – Ahead of Myself
11. NF – Let You Down
10. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game
9. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
8. Charlie Puth – How Long
7. Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse
6. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
5. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
4. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low
3. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
2. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days

BONUS: 6 – Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Walk The Moon – One Foot

Overall Score: 78/100 = 78% (B)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: Rihanna/Jay-Z – Umbrella (since her birthday was yesterday)

Most Missed Countdown Song: DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Khalid/Normani – Love Lies

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between Jon Bellion – All Time Low (#5) and The Weeknd/Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming (#14)


My Top 5 Picks
1. TIE: Walk The Moon – One Foot
1. TIE: Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton – Say Something
3. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/F.G.L./watt – Let Me Go
5. Troye Sivan – My My My!

261 comments:

  1. First! And if I'm being honest I think These Days might debut the countdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second because Chase had to comment on another stupid account.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "New to the Top 10, we have NF with Let You Down. I'm glad to see this song is doing well. It's nothing amazing. But I like the message behind it and the vocals are really good aside from the high-pitched voice, which is a little unpleasing to the ears."

    Well, this song is gonna hit #1 on pop radio pretty soon, which is great because it's good to have some real hip-hop represented among today's trap-dominated industry. I do agree that the high-pitched vocals are unnecessary, but it doesn't really harm the song.

    Also, all of your top 5 are great, especially the purples. And still great to see Thunder going strong! I probably will never get sick of that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you like Thunder.

      Delete
    2. I love Thunder. It's one of my favorite songs of last year, and I still listen to it a lot today. So much that it's better than Believer and Whatever It Takes.

      Delete
    3. Cool. BTW, I got approved on Pulse.

      Delete
    4. ^He left Pulse for a while, unfortunately.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. Dylan: Cool. Just remember what I told you a couple weeks ago.

      .: Please don’t tell me anything started out of that RT post, because I’m afraid something did. But hopefully I won’t be gone for too long.

      Delete
    7. Parker: I already made an introduction thread.

      Delete
    8. Oh, nice. I’ll try to look at it when I get home.

      Delete
    9. Nothing really happened because of your post, Parker. Only one reply from Coco, who was glad nothing major was going on.

      Delete
    10. Can you guys not talk about Pulse on here? K, thanks.

      Delete
    11. I shouldn't have to explain why, you should already know how I feel about *them*

      Delete
    12. Everybody calm down!!! I got good news, Janelle Monae released two new singles called "Make Me Feel" and "Django Jane."

      Delete
    13. Not until you and ATR fucking go and leave and never come back.

      Delete
    14. But me and ATR are friends. And you are, too.

      Delete
    15. I am not your friend, I hate you I hate you so fucking much, I wish you would go away.

      Delete
    16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. Great post and I really like a lot of those playlist songs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do agree that Pray For Me sounds similar to Starboy, especially after I took another listen to the song. This sound fits him well. Oh and BTW, I do plan on going to see Black Panther this week. :)

    Oh and just a heads up for everyone. I will not be covering the Hits 1 countdown this week as I have to be at work early Saturday. Can someone fill me in to provide the countdown, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top 20

    1. God's Plan by Drake (1)
    2. Perfect by Ed Sheeran (2)
    3. Finesse (Remix) by Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B (3)
    4. Havana by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug (4)
    5. Rockstar by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage (5)
    6. Look Alive by BlocBoy JB ft. Drake (New)
    7. Meant To Be by Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line (9)
    8. New Rules by Dua Lipa (6)
    9. All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar & SZA (31)
    10. Stir Fry by Migos (8)
    11. Pray For Me by The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar (7)
    12. Let You Down by NF (12)
    13. Love. by Kendrick Lamar (13)
    14. Him & I by G-Eazy & Halsey (15)
    15. Thunder by Imagine Dragons (11)
    16. Bad At Love by Halsey (10)
    17. The Middle by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey (22)
    18. MotorSport by Migos, Nicki Minaj & Cardi B (14)
    19. I Fall Apart by Post Malone (18)
    20. No Limit by G-Eazy ft. A$AP Rocky & Cardi B (16)

    Fell Off Top 20

    23. Bartier Cardi by Cardi B ft. 21 Savage (20)
    25. Bodak Yellow (Money Moves) by Cardi B (19)
    31. Say Something by Justin Timberlake ft. Chris Stapleton (17)

    Big Gains (10+)

    9. All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar & SZA (31)
    38. King's Dead by Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future & James Blake (69)
    43. Wait by Maroon 5 (55)
    61. Dura by Daddy Yankee (81)
    75. Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons (87)

    Big Losses (10+)

    31. Say Something by Justin Timberlake ft. Chris Stapleton (17)
    39. Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith (28)
    65. End Game by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran & Future (45)
    77. Keke by 6ix9ine, Fetty Wap & A Boogie Wit da Hoodie (67)
    79. Echame La Culpa by Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato (68)
    83. This Is Me by Keala Settle & The Greatest Showman Ensemble (63)
    87. One Foot by WALK THE MOON (65)
    88. Beautiful Trauma by Pink (78)
    90. Filthy by Justin Timberlake (34)
    99. IDGAF by Dua Lipa (88)
    100. Rewrite The Stars by Zac Efron & Zendaya (85)

    Dropouts

    The Champion by Carrie Underwood (56, 47, 2 weeks)
    Like I Loved You by Brett Young (66, 46, 20 weeks)
    Losing Sleep by Chris Young (71, 60, 20 weeks)
    Man Of The Woods by Justin Timberlake (73, 73, 1 week)
    Diplomatic Immunity by Drake (83, 7, 3 weeks)
    BBO (Bad Bitches Only) by Migos ft. 21 Savage (89, 48, 2 weeks)
    Mayores by Becky G ft. Bad Bunny (91, 74, 16 weeks)
    Corazon by Maluma X Nego do Borel (96, 87, 6 weeks)
    Sick Boy by The Chainsmokers (97, 65, 3 weeks)
    A Girl Like You by Easton Corbin (98, 98, 1 week)
    Supplies by Justin Timberlake (100, 71, 2 weeks)

    Returning Entries

    76. For You (Fifty Shades Freed) by Liam Payne & Rita Ora
    97. When We by Tank

    New Entries

    6. Look Alive by BlocBoy JB ft. Drake
    49. X by ScHoolboy Q, 2 Chainz & Saudi
    62. Plug Walk by Rich The Kid
    63. The Ways by Khalid & Swae Lee
    67. Paramedic! by SOB X RBE
    71. Big Shot by Kendrick Lamar & Travis Scott
    72. Friends by Marshmello & Anne-Marie
    91. Black Panther by Kendrick Lamar
    96. I Like Me Better by Lauv

    ReplyDelete
  7. New music alert: Imagine Dragons - Next To Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that’ll debut HitBound this week.

      Delete
    2. Hopefully not. I listened to it and it's not good.

      Delete
    3. I agree with Adrian, because it’s not on the voting list.

      Delete
    4. I agree with Adrian, it’s worse than Whatever It Takes.

      Delete
    5. I haven't heard it, but can I ask what's wrong with Imagine Dragons – Next To Me?

      Delete
    6. Yeah. Next To Me better not debut Hit Bound. I gave that song a listen and it is horrible.

      Delete
    7. Montavis: I listened to a second time and it's actually not that bad. It's a very nice song because I actually listened to the lyrics this time around. It was very well written. The production though is not that interesting. It's kind of like Unsteady by X Ambassadors. So I'm a little split at the moment. But it seems to be a grower.

      Delete
    8. Adrian: I never heard this song before.

      Delete
  8. I am going to also be posting my personal charts on Pulse.

    http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/174292/dylans-top-45-songs-week

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, Hits 1 updated their voting poll. Here's are the songs available to vote:

    Walk On Water by Thirty Seconds To Mars
    Mine by Bazzi
    Friends by Marshmello featuring Anne-Marie


    Unavailable to vote:

    Too Much To Ask by Niall Horan
    ...Ready For It? by Taylor Swift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Savior is still not on there.

      Also, three Hit-Bound entrants and 2 exits? Wait...don't tell me Whatever It Takes is leaving.

      Delete
    2. I want I Fall Apar to leave HitBound this week. Also, if I Miss You leave HitBound, it’s likely gonna be my Lights Over Paris Award this year.

      Delete
    3. I really hate that song, I really hope it doesn’t debut.

      Delete
    4. All Falls Down better not leave HitBound either.

      Delete
    5. Stop double posting, I've said this too many times for you to stop, why do you constantly have to do it?

      Delete
    6. No, All Falls Down needs to leave Hit Bound.

      Delete
    7. Who is leaving?

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    9. Both of you leave away from this blog, all your spam and troll comments do is make people hate you *two*

      Delete
    10. Well too bad I'm forcing you to, now get out of here or else.

      Delete
    11. It's not about what YOU want it's about what WE want, and what WE want is for you and ATR to leave.

      Delete
    12. MILES, I’M NOT LEAVING!!!!!!

      Delete
    13. WHAT?! ATR DIDN’T EVEN DO ANYTHING!!!!!

      Delete
    14. Anonymous, calm down!!! And Miles, that's very rude to say to Anonymous.

      Delete
    15. “No, All Falls Down needs to leave HitBound.”
      *smacks face* You only say that because it has Noah Cyrus. -_-

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are the Hit Bound spins so far?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, another quick heads up: my Hits 1 countdown review post will NOT be out this weekend and it'll be delayed. Instead, my 50,000 Pageview Special will come out early Saturday morning in its place. I'm pretty close to being done with that one, so it should be ready by then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WORLD PREMIERE ALERT:
    5 Seconds of Summer - Want You Back
    Post Malone/Ty$ - Psycho

    Both songs are coming tomorrow on radio, and they will impact pop very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if they are, it's not gonna matter that much, they'll most likely be a come and go song that'll be forgotten in 2-3 months. These songs are not gonna be major smashes, even on radio.

      Delete
    2. The Post Malone one could be somewhat big.

      Delete
    3. NO, PLEASE DON’T!!!!!

      Delete
  14. New Music Alert: Janelle Monáw - Make Me Feel

    It is a really catchy song, and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I want this song to debut HitBound next week!!!

      Delete
    2. No, it has no chance because no one knows of her other than her non-presence on We Are Young.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Not until you and ATR leave. Delete your accounts, log off and never come here ever again. We are sick and tired of your BS on this comment section with shit no one cares about and no one wants to hear.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. It impacts Pop next week, so we don't exactly know yet. But time will tell.

      Delete
    7. NO!!!!! I DON’T WANT CHASE AND ATR TO FUCKING LEAVE, I’M GOING TO MISS THEM IF THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    8. Well we're not gonna miss you if you leave.

      Delete
    9. Miles: That is not part of the music conversation. . was talking about Janelle Monae's new song, Make Me Feel which will impact pop this Tuesday.

      Anonymous: Would you please stop cussing and calm down right now!!!

      Delete
    10. No we're not no one really fucking cares

      Delete
  15. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1 Marian Hill - Subtle Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marian Hill will only be a one-hit wonder for Down, this will do nothing.

      Delete
    2. But Miles, I think Subtle Thing should debut HitBound, 'cause it sure will be on Hits 1 at some point.

      Delete
    3. No it won't. It's not all about YOU, and frankly I don't see how this will ever touch Hits 1, let alone the Charts at all.

      Delete
    4. Actually, I can see it having an impact. Well, not right away. It'll probably need another TV commercial to make it happen. But yeah, I doubt it'll make Hits 1.

      Delete
    5. Since Down didn’t make Hits 1, this song probably won’t make it either.

      Delete
    6. That song might be on Alt Nation soon.

      Delete
  16. Miles, don't let ATR leave yet. He is the only chance we will be able to keep getting updates on the countdown this weekend in case we are late for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan is right. Like I said, I need someone to fill in for me this week because I have to work early Saturday.

      Delete
    2. I'll post the Hitbound List like usual cause I get to listen to it on my way to work but I'll be working during the countdown as well

      Delete
    3. Dylan: That's nice of you.

      Montavis: Why do you have to work early Saturday?

      Anonymous: That's cool that you're working during the countdown!

      Delete
  17. This weeks Billboard is one of the worst ever. 88, 87, 43, 31, 49, and 6 are very displeasing. Meanwhile, Jack Farrell won't be happy about Mine at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Countdown predictions:

    Exits:
    Ready for it
    Too much to ask

    Entrants:
    Sick Boy
    Pray For Me

    Biggest Jump:
    Sober Up

    Biggest Drop:
    End Game or One Foot

    #1: How Long

    Hitbound Entrants:
    Friends
    Mine
    Walk On Water

    Hitbound Dropout:
    Whatever It Takes (to debut next week)

    I predict only one dropout because Mine is so short they could have 15 songs on Hitbound this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm..... End Game is not dropping this week, but One Foot is. And How Long will not be #1 this week, GOD will.

      Delete
    2. And WYB will debut HitBound this week also, so WIT will debut the countdown this week, joining SB and PFM.

      Delete
    3. And I Miss You will leave HitBound as well!!!

      Delete
    4. It probably will only be 15 songs to get a whole hour in.

      Delete
    5. Nice predictions but I really hope Sober Up doesn’t jump.

      Delete
  19. Uh oh, it looks like Vance Joy's "Nation of Two" is pacing for 235-4,000K pure sales, 900-7,000K total units, so it might be #1 next week on both Top Album Sales and Billboard 200.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What are your weekend countdown predictions for 2/24/18?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early predictions:

      Exits:
      ...Ready for It
      Sorry Not Sorry
      Too Much to Ask

      Entrants:
      Pray for Me
      Sick Boy
      Whatever It Takes

      #1: Good Old Days (1st Week)

      Biggest Jump: Say Something (+25)

      Biggest Drop: One Foot (-23)

      HitBound Entrants:
      Want You Back
      Mine
      I Fall Apart
      Walk on Water

      HitBound Exit:
      I Miss You

      Delete
  21. Go away Chase and ATR, no one likes you, half the comments are you stupid ass comments about shit no one cares about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO!!!!! DON’T YOU DARE LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I’M GONNA MISS THEM IF THEY DO LEAVE!!!!! I DON’T WANNA MISS THEM!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Too bad, go find somewhere else and make new friends wherever you go, 'cause none of us are gonna miss you.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous, calm down. It's okay. I know that this is hard, but Miles isn't being nice to me and ATR. So just chill out already, would you?

      Delete
    5. Stop lying Chase, I know it's you who keeps pretending to be ATR and some anonymous, I'm not an idiot like you.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. Miles, okay I will not leave and will not lie.

      Delete
    8. No, you will leave and never come back.

      Delete
    9. WHY DO YOU WANT THEM TO LEAVE?!

      Delete
    10. Because you people are annoying the Hell out of everyone with your useless spam that no one cares about.

      Delete
    11. Anonymous, calm down. And by the way Miles, that's not right to tell them to leave!!!

      Delete
    12. No it is right, especially when you do nothing but spam and troll people and won't leave us the fuck alone.

      Delete
    13. Miles: I'm not a troll, I'm a real person.

      Delete
    14. You're a fucking moron is what you are then, you're an idiot who needs to go away.

      Delete
  22. 6ix9ine's album is out. Fuck my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan, how about by saying 6ix9ine's album is out, period, not f*** my life. Even though you hate that album doesn't mean you need to curse.

      Delete
    2. Yes he can, who the fuck are you to say he can't? If he wants to curse he fucking can.

      Delete
    3. Someone delete Miles's comment for me please???

      Delete
    4. Someone delete Chase's comments for me please???

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    6. Shut up, I want Adrian to delete his comments, Hell I wish Adrian could ban him and ATR from commenting/viewing this blog, because their comments are sheer cancer.

      Delete
    7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    8. I'm not evil, nor am I an idiot like you, Chase and ATR.

      Delete
    9. Anonymous, please do not call him evil.

      Delete
    10. ATR, please go away and fuck off.

      Delete
    11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    12. Excuse me Miles, ATR and I don't want to go away, and btw that's rude to say.

      Delete
  23. Alright, fam. I'll be working on my 50,000 Pageview Special all day. In the meantime, here this week's American Top 40 post. Enjoy!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/02/at40-dua-lipa-2-week-of-february-24-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Added to voting list
    Want You Back by 5 Stupid Seconds of Summer
    Psycho by Post Malone

    Really, more Post Malone. That's three songs now. However, don't panic that he has three songs because the good news is (gap for spoilers)

    I Fall Apart is removed from the voting list. End Game was never on the voting list, so it might leave

    Exits
    too much to ask
    ready for it
    end game

    Entrants
    pray for me
    sick boy
    whatever it takes

    hb entrants
    friends
    mine
    Walk on water
    want you back
    psycho

    hb exits
    I fall apart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, one Post Malone replacing another doesn’t really help.

      Delete
    2. Again, you keep double posting after I said countless times to stop.

      Delete
    3. Psycho on the voting list surprises me.

      Delete
    4. Also, End Game won't leave from that high.

      Delete
    5. I remember AJR - Infinity left from 15 back in 2015.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    7. Adrian, don’t delete ATR’s comment. It’s not that big enough to delete it.

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am afraid One Foot is going down big time this week. Big shame that America underrates all good and overrates all bad. They don't know what a good song is anymore. they lost that privilege. So far, 2018 music looks AWFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My weekend countdown predictions for 2/24/18:
    Exits:
    Too Much To Ask
    ... Ready For It?

    Entrants:
    Pray For Me
    Sick Boy

    #1: Let Me Go

    Biggest Drop: Thunder

    Biggest Jump: Say Something

    Hit Bound Entrants:
    Walk On Water
    Mine
    Friends

    Hit Bound Exit:
    All Falls Down

    ReplyDelete
  28. So, I know I have been extremely MIA for months, but I am currently the music director of a CHR (current hit radio) radio station. We play a mix of pop, alternative, R&B, country, and hip-hop. We program the station based on the Billboard Radio Songs chart and the All Access Top 40, Country, & Urban charts. In our programming software we create a clock that pulls music from a variety of folders (Hot, Medium, New Music, Recurrent, Recurrent 2, Extras). Recurrent, if your are not aware, means older songs. The one thing I have learned the most is that I cannot be bias when programming a station. For example, I do not like New Rules by Dua Lipa very much, but it is number 1 on pop radio so I have to play it a ton. Also, it workes the other way too. I love the song Perfect by Topic & Ally Brooke from Fifth Harmony, but since it is not on the charts (yet!!) I can't put it in Hot. Here are the songs we have in each playlist.

    Hot:
    Havana- Camila Cabello/Young Thug
    Finesse- Bruno Mars/Cardi B
    Let You Down- NF
    Him & I- G-Eazy/Halsey
    God's Plan- Drake
    Lights Down Low- MAX/Gnash
    Perfect- Ed Sheeran/Beyonce
    Good Old Days- Macklemore/Kesha
    How Long- Charlie Puth
    Wolves- Selena Gomez/Marshmello
    Pray For Me- The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar

    Medium:
    Meant To Be- Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line
    Legends- Kelsea Ballerini
    The Middle- Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey
    Never Be The Same- Camila Cabello
    Tell Me You Love Me- Demi Lovato
    Wait- Maroon 5
    Lemon- N.E.R.D./Rihanna
    Stir Fry- Migos
    Bartier Cardi- Cardi B/21 Savage
    Plain Jane- A$AP Ferg/Nicki Minaj
    I Like Me Better- Lauv
    Love- Kendrick Lamar/Zacari
    Sky Walker- Miguel/Travis Scott

    New Music:
    Whatever It Takes- Imagine Dragons
    Marry Me- Thomas Rhett
    Beautiful Trauma- Pink
    I Miss You- Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels
    Say Something- Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton
    Mine- Bazzi
    Broken Clocks- SZA
    Nuh Ready Nuh Ready- Calvin Harris/PartyNextDoor
    Capital Letters- Hailee Steinfeld/BloodPop
    Beg- Jack & Jack
    Heaven- Julia Michaels
    On The Loose- Niall Horan
    These Days- Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen
    My My My- Troye Sivan
    Hold Me Tight or Don't- Fall Out Boy

    Songs Just Moved To Recurrent:
    Rockstar- Post Malone/21 Savage
    Bad At Love- Halsey
    MotorSport- Migos/Cardi B/Nicki Minaj
    Let Me Go- Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt
    No Limit- G-Eazy/A$AP Rocky/Cardi B
    Thunder- Imagine Dragons
    Too Good At Goodbyes- Sam Smith
    Sorry Not Sorry- Demi Lovato
    Feel It Still- Portugal. The Man
    River- Eminem/Ed Sheeran

    On The Verge of Being Added:
    I Fall Apart- Post Malone
    No Roots- Alice Merton
    Perfect- Topic/Ally Brooke
    Friends- Marshmello/Anne-Marie
    No Name- NF
    Woman- Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns
    IDGAF- Dua Lipa
    Walk On Water- 30 Seconds To Mars
    Broken Halos- Chris Stapleton
    Love Lies- Khalid/Normani
    Young, Dumb, & Broke- Khalid (again)

    Not Currently Being Played:
    One Foot- Walk The Moon
    Best Friends- Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno
    Filthy- Justin Timberlake
    Supplies- Justin Timberlake
    Sick Boy- The Chainsmokers
    For You- Liam Payne/Rita Ora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I am having an issue already.

      Delete
    2. Hot:
      Finesse- Bruno Mars/Cardi B
      Say Something- Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton
      Let You Down- NF
      NONE!!!!

      Delete
    3. TBH this seems like a great assortment of music.

      Delete
  29. I heard Want You Back on my way back home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I also heard Whatever playing on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Am I going crazy? Did Hits 1 actually play Believer on a segment that wasn't the countdown???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time which seems like forever.

      Delete
  32. I wanna ya something about Miles’ comments; that is literally what I’m thinking. In fact, these really stupid arguments have been the reason I’ve been so inactive. If Chase and ATR aka the guy who tries to hide his identity by using Anonymous could leave, I’d probably come back. So Chase and ATR, follow these simple steps; delete your accounts, go away, and unbookmark (is that a word) these pages. That simple, really.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good evening all!

    Hitbound List (part 1):
    Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
    Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (Debut)
    Keala Settle - This Is Me
    30 Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water (Debut)
    Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (Debut)
    Kesha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitbound List (part 2):

      Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days
      Welshly Arms - Legendary
      Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke
      Bazzi - Mine (Debut)
      Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
      Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
      Niall Horan - On The Loose
      Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down

      Delete
    2. I’m surprised Want You Back didn’t debut.

      Delete
    3. Ya probably next week unless it goes straight to the countdown. Will be interesting to see which of the 4 dropouts from the last 2 weeks (Sick Boy, Pray For Me, Whatever, and I Miss You) debut this week. I think whichever ones don't probably will next week cause they are all still on the voting list.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    5. I Miss You may be gone for good, but Whatever could debut next week...

      Delete
  34. Morning, fam! My 50,000 Pageview Special is finally out! Enjoy!

    http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2018/02/50000-pageview-special-2015-billboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Replies
    1. Dude, I love Nintendo. What games do you love on here?

      Delete
  36. But what about the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Quick countdown recap:

    Sick Boy at #30.

    Pray For Me at #28.

    New Rules is the biggest drop down 11 to 34.

    ...Ready For It? & Too Much To Ask exit.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Top 20 so far:

    20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#13)
    19. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#31) [Biggest Jump???]
    18. Eminem/Ed, Edd, & Eddy Sheeran - River (#29)
    17. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#19)
    16. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#18)
    15. Maroon 5 - Wait (#17)
    14. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#25)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13. P!NK - Beautiful Trauma
      12. NF - Let You Down
      11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be

      Delete
    2. Wait a minute Dylan……

      What do you mean by Ed, Edd, & Eddy?

      Delete
    3. It is supposed to be a joke considering Ed, Edd, & Eddy was a cartoon and Ed Sheeran's first name is, well, Ed.

      Delete
  39. 10. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#9)
    9. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#6)
    8. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#7)
    7. Zedd/Meren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#20) [Actual Biggest Jump...)

    ReplyDelete
  40. 10. Ahead Of Myself (#9)
    9. Wolves (#6)
    8. One Foot (#7)
    7. The Middle (#20)
    6. Perfect (#5)

    ReplyDelete
  41. 2. How Long

    That means we have a brand new #1 song this week.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Alright guys. This week’s #1 song is......





























































    Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days.

    ReplyDelete