Saturday, April 2, 2016

Flo Rida (1) – Week Of April 2, 2016


And just like that, Flo Rida has achieved his first #1 song in quite a while. His last #1 song was Good Feeling from late 2011/early 2012. Good times. Anyway, my spring break is pretty much over at this point, which really sucks. It went by way too quickly. Oh well. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Tori Kelly – Hollow (#38)
  • Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean? (#44) [x3]
  • Alessia Cara – Here (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth – One Call Away
The Countdown
45. Daya – Hide Away (#43)
44. Coldplay – Adventure Of A Lifetime (#36)
43. Jason Derulo – Get Ugly (#41)
42. Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams (#42) [1 Week At #1]
41. Rihanna/Drake – Work (#33)
40. Elle King – America's Sweetheart (DEBUT)
39. The Weeknd – In The Night (#22)
38. Shawn Hook – Sound Of Your Heart (DEBUT)
37. One Direction – Drag Me Down (#40) [1 Week At #1]
36. Tryon – Somebody To Love Me (DEBUT)
35. James Bay – Let It Go (#34)
34. Ellie Goulding – On My Mind (#32)
33. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – S.O.B. (#23)
32. Taylor Swift – Out Of The Woods (#31)
31. Selena Gomez – Same Old Love (#39)
30. Elle King – Ex's and Oh's (#30)
29. Demi Lovato – Confident (#35) [1 Week At #1]
28. Adele – When We Were Young (#17)
27. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello – I Know What You Did Last Summer (#18)
26. We The Kings – The Story Of Tonight (#28)
25. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato – Irresistible (#25)
24. One Direction – History (#29)
23. MØ – Kamikaze (#24)
22. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (#14)
21. Dawin – Dessert (#19)
20. Justin Bieber – Sorry (#27)
19. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, and I (#37)
18. Meghan Trainor – No (#12)
17. The Chainsmokers/Rozes – Roses (#7)
16. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Jet Black Heart (#15)
15. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (#26)
14. Troye Sivan – Youth (#21)
13. Lukas Graham – 7 Years (#20)
12. Selena Gomez  Hands To Myself (#11)
11. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious (#10)
10. Justin Bieber – Love Yourself (#16)
  9. Rachel Platten – Stand By You (#4)
  8. Ellie Goulding – Something In The Way You Move (#9)
  7. Zayn Malik – Pillowtalk (#5)
  6. Adele – Hello (#6) [12 Weeks At #1]
  5. One Direction – Perfect (#3) [2 Weeks At #1]
  4. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#13) [3 Weeks At #1]
  3. Charlie Puth – One Call Away (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
  2. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (#8)
  1. Flo Rida – My House (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: The Weeknd – In The Night (–17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, & I (+18)

New Entrants
~ First up, we have Tryon with Somebody To Love Me. Although I did put this song in green, it's on the verge of being blue. It's certainly not bad. But not a standout track in my opinion. It's a space filler. NEXT!

~ Next we have Shawn Hook with his single, Sound Of Your Heart. It's better than Somebody To Love Me, but still not really a song that stands out. It's catchy, but not necessarily anywhere near my favorite songs currently. NEXT!

~ Finally, we have the second song from Elle King. This one is called America's Sweetheart. Boy do I love this song! Elle King's music is very similar to the style of artists like Mumford & Sons and Of Monsters and Men in the aspect of their music being very folk-like while also being alternative/rock groups. I think Elle King follows a very similar path with America's Sweetheart being a very folk, almost country, song while being alternative/rock and maybe even pop as well. She also has a very soulful voice in this song and that's another thing I love about it. Honestly, I'm going to be jamming out to this song for quite a while. Easily the best debut of the week.

Sound Of Your Blurbs
~ Justin Bieber – Love Yourself is back in the Top 10 (yay!) and is now my favorite song on the countdown. I've just been listening to this song so much this past week and I can't get enough of Justin's voice.

~ Also returning to the Top 10 (and Top 5) is Twenty One Pilots with Stressed Out. That drop to #21 a couple of weeks ago from #1 clearly didn't mean much. It's not dying down yet. I am, however, losing interest in this song.

~ The Chainsmokers/Rozes – Roses dropped out of the Top 10 this week. I've actually been enjoying this song quite a bit this week where I want it back in the Top 10.

~ I have somewhat grown into Selena Gomez – Hands To Myself because I think the chorus (where she actually sings) is pretty catchy. However, I still think the whispering in the verses is unnecessary and obnoxious.

~ The drops from Adele – When We Were Young, The Weeknd – In The Night, and Rihanna/Drake – Work were definitely needed and I'm happy about all of them.

~ James Bay – Let It Go has dropped again. I'm not necessarily surprised by the lack of votes this song is receiving considering that it is a relatively boring song that I don't understand why anyone would want on the radio in their car.

~ DNCE – Cake By The Ocean has risen to the #2 spot this week. I'd very much rather have this song not hit #1. Let's just keep My House at #1 as long as we can until our infected Top 5 can be replaced with some better songs.

~ Unfortunately, I did not get as much stuff done this week as I wanted to. However, I do plan to have another Top 10 Songs post out tomorrow and the 700,000 pageview special is still in the works. The Song Wars results for Round 5 will be out as soon as possible, so patience is key right now.

~ The Hit 45 Chart for this week is out as usual! Find out if Coldplay can hold at #1 for a third week in a row and a fourth time overall with Hymn For The Weekend!
Link: http://hit45chart.blogspot.com/2016/04/hit-45-chart-week-of-april-2-2016.html

Throwback Pick Of The Week: Natasha Bedingfield – Pocketful Of Sunshine

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Zara Larsson/MNEK – Never Forget You

My Top 5 Picks
1. Justin Bieber – Love Yourself
2. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself, & I
3. The Chainsmokers/Rozes – Roses
4. Elle King – America's Sweetheart
5. Flo Rida – My House

112 comments:

  1. First comment woo! Great post, though sad Charlie lost the top spot :(

    - Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, Spring Break felt like 7 hours to me. I wish it was 2 weeks..... Nah never will happen xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, my spring break is this next week so I'll be flying to Chicago on Monday afternoon! I'll try my best to blog throughout the week but I did indeed do some plan ahead blogging so I have a post ready for y'all sometime early next week! Be on the lookout for it (: byee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself is in purple and I'm actually losing interest in that song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrian you have to block Parker look at his comment on everyones blog and every one of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relax Graham I'm just a dead person living his normal life

      Delete
  7. Parker has told me to tell you guys that he is not a dead person 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. The exits were well needed, but the only debut I actually care and love is America's Sweetheart.

    Work should not be dropping again, it should have been in the top 10 by this point.

    Speaking of songs that should be much higher than they already are, 7 Years, and New Romantics should be in the top 10 as well.

    I'm not happy about My House hitting #1, but it is better than One Call Away, I'm just sick of this song right now.

    Why is Work From Home at #15!?! Are the people who listen to this drunk and mad?!? This song shouldn't be here at all!!

    Love Yourself should not have jumped back into the top 10!

    I am so glad that S.O.B dropped 10 spots. Now let's get it out of here and fast.

    I expected When We Were Young to drop soon, If I'm completely honest.

    I just can't get into Youth. Its not bad, its just mediocre.

    I bet by the time Summer comes, Taylor Swift's final single (And it will be the final single from her 1989 album I'll bet) will be You Are In Love. And by that time Out Of The Woods and Wildest Dreams would have left us, and New Romantics would be on its way out.

    I keep on forgetting that Hide Away is still here. Same with Confident.

    Let's get rid of Hide Away, Dessert, Work From Home, S.O.B, and Get Ugly, and get Ride, Stone Cold, Unsteady, The Sound, and Dangerous Woman.

    Top 5:
    1. 7 Years- Lukas Graham
    2. Stand By You- Rachel Platten
    3. NO- Meghan Trainor
    4. Roses- The Chainsmokers/ROZES
    5. Work- Rihanna/Drake

    Bottom 5
    1. Work From Home- Fifth Harmony
    2. Dessert- Dawin
    3. S.O.B- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
    4. Get Ugly- Jason Derulo
    5. Hide Away- Daya

    Recommendations for Hits 1:
    Piece By Piece- Kelly Clarkson
    Never Forget You- Zara Larsson/MNEK
    Don't Let Me Down- The Chainsmokers/Daya
    Make Me Like You- Gwen Stefani
    Team- Iggy Azalea
    I Took A Pill In Ibiza- Mike Posner/SeeB
    Middle- DJ Snake/Bipolar Sunshine
    Wild Things- Alessia Cara
    Cheap Thrills- Sia/Sean Paul
    Never Be Like You- Flume/Kai

    Most Missed Songs:
    Blank Space- Taylor Swift
    Black Magic- Little Mix
    Heartbeat Song- Kelly Clarkson
    Talking Body- Tove Lo
    Sugar- Maroon 5
    Feelings- Maroon 5
    I Lived- OneRepublic
    Counting Stars-OneRepublic

    Throwback Picks:
    Teenage Dream- Katy Perry
    Behind These Hazel Eyes- Kelly Clarkson
    Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson
    Falling For You- Colbie Caillat
    SOS- Rihanna
    Firework- Katy Perry

    Apparently, radio stations are not playing the radio or album versions of Piece by Piece. Because earlier this week, I was listening to a local radio station and was playing the idol version. And today, I was on the Blend and was playing the idol version. And after listening to it, I found the Idol version is good, but I'd still choose the album and the radio versions. I now like the Idol version more so now than I did a month ago.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Never Be Like You and Team 2 of my jams.

      Delete
    2. What about the other recommendations I have?

      Delete
    3. The rest are also good besides Wild Things which is okay.

      Delete
  9. I have a few questions for Adrian.

    Are You starting to like Hands To Myself?
    Why is 7 Years in blue, when last week is was green?
    Why isn't On My Mind, Confident, and Ex's & Oh's red yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was answered in the blurbs.

      I lost some interest in 7 Years.

      I don't hate those songs yet. I could listen to them if I really had to. I'm just tired of hearing them.

      Delete
  10. The month of April is Autism Awareness Month, and April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day. Now this is important because I'm autistic, and I think autism is not some discorder that is fake, or something to feel bad about, or to be made fun of. The ratio of autistic children now, in 2012, according to the CDC is every 1 in 68. This means 1 out of every 68 children in America is autistic. And back in 2000 the ratio was 1 in 150.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!!!!!!!-faints and passes out-

      Delete
    2. Leah, what is wrong with you today? You keep on fainting and passing out. Do you have something to share with us?

      Delete
    3. -got up teary-eyed- I am the not the only one here who has autism. I got since I was 1. April 8 is Autism Awareness Day at my SCHOOL.

      Delete
    4. Leah, no matter what the school says, the nation, and indeed the world, have made April 2nd Autism Awareness Day. And I've had autism diagnosed when I was 13. There are many people who have autism. Like I said 1 in 68 children in America are autistic.

      Delete
    5. And I STILL don't get what autism is

      Delete
    6. Autism is a mental condition that is present from early childhood characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.

      Delete
  11. Is Hands To Myself like a 4-10 or 3.9999999999-10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. For me its 6/10, because I've been losing interest in it.

      Delete
    3. FUCKITY FUCK THAT GAME IT WAS UNREAL

      Delete
    4. Adrian, I think wee need your help.

      Delete
    5. But I had random notifications popping up on my phone about my favorite hockey team losing for no reason

      Delete
    6. Well then, your favorite hockey team either needs to do better, or they really suck.

      Delete
    7. No they don't suck either they've already clinched a playoff spot

      Delete
  12. New 2x2 Rubik's cube record for me!!! 3.2 sec.
    New 3x3 Rubiks's cube average and record for me!!! The average is 8.98 sec, the record I got is 5.89 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never played with a Rubik's cube ever in my life. Because when I was a child, I was entertained by cartoons on Cartoon Network, Hot Wheels cars, Army Men figures, Nintendo 64 video games, racing games, and I think that's all.

      Delete
    2. Nice Anshul my best for the 2x2x2 is 13.3

      Delete
    3. IDK what my best time is, but I solved only 1 side.

      Delete
  13. Wait a minute...
    Why is Pillowtalk in blue?
    Why is Somebody To Love Me in green?
    Why is Hands To Myself not in ugly green?
    Out Of The Woods was pink last week, why is it in green again?
    Why is Cake By The Ocean, Confident, Ex's & Oh's, On My Mind, and In The Night still in turquoise and not in red yet?
    Why is Stand By You in green?
    Why is 7 Years in blue?
    Why isn't that Jet Black Heart isn't in your top 5 this week, but it was the best song last week.
    Why is Roses in your top 5?
    Why do you still like My House so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it is
      Because it is
      Because it isn't
      Because it is
      Because they aren't
      Because it is
      Because it is
      Because it sucks
      Because it is
      Because he does

      Now can we move on to why EA sucks?

      Delete
    2. Because they release new games a lot, but they don't make enough effort into their games.

      Delete
    3. Exactly that's why I can't find Draft Champions on Madden on my Xbox

      Delete
    4. - Hasn't it always been in blue? It's only okay.
      - Clearly you didn't read the entrant review.
      - Idk. Didn't think of it.
      - Grew back into it.
      - I don't hate them just yet.
      - I still like it.
      - I lost some interest in it.
      - I lost just a tiny bit of interest in it, as well as gaining a ton of interest in the other songs in the Top 5.
      - Roses is awesome!
      - My House is just so infectious and catchy! Idk why but I just can't get sick of it.

      Delete
  14. Here are today's newspaper articles

    Number 1:

    FU(K EA

    Fu(k EA they are a bunch of pu$$ies that suck a big di(k


    Umm wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aye guys 2 new posts out on my blog AT40 and Weekend Countdown enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post Adrian!

    ReplyDelete
  17. More Elle King? Yuck! Might as well throw in more alt-rocks hacks that need to be forgotten like Vance Joy into the countdown. The new song by Fitz and the Tantrums is tailor-made for pop radio.

    Oh well. Therw arw great bands like Foals and Catfish and the Bottlemen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. Well then tell me how to make it better.

      Delete
    2. Why are you talking chase? Adrian has like 700,000 page views and 80 comments in a day. people must like the post 😂

      Delete
  19. #1 Recommendation: Meghan Trainor - NØ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe MeghannTrainor has a song called No but I can't find that NØ, is it a remix?

      Delete
  20. I'm still waiting to see this title called

    DNCE (1) - Week of April 9th, 2016 and then DNCE (2) - Week of April 16, 2016, and then about 242 weeks of number one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, My House should hold the #1 spot for a 2nd week in a row.

      Delete
    2. Yaaaaaas CBTO at #1.

      Delete
    3. Pillowtalk should be #1 next week.

      Delete
    4. If CBTO is #1 I will be sooooooo happy

      Delete
    5. No, Stand By You at #1 next week.

      Delete
    6. Stressed Out needs to hit #1 again.

      Delete
  21. The Color-Code is now Indigo = No Opinion, just so you guys know.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know it's early but when do you end and start school? I end on my 12th birthday and begin September 1 (again)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Guys, guess what? Where I live, it snowed last night, its below freezing, there was ice on the cars, and it is so windy in fact, it feels like living in a tropical storm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Guys, check out my my blog and comment!!!
    http://maximuscuber.blogspot.com
    New post is coming out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  26. Homer: Got ur nose
    Bart: Got ur wallet
    -flushes wallet in the toliet-
    Homer: BARRRRRTTTT
    Homer: Bart, dont do that ever again. Understand?
    Bart: dede
    Homer: DOH!
    Marge: Guess what, Homie?
    Marge: Theres going to be much love in this house as it is now
    Homer: Were going to start doing that in the morning?
    Marge: No. Were going to have another baby.
    Homer: Marge, thats-
    Bart: Bye bye keys.
    Homer: BAAARRRRTTTT
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Homer: My House should hold #1 for a 2nd week in a row.
      Bart: I hate My House.
      Homer: I like it.
      Marge: I agree with Homer.

      Delete
  27. Hot 45 Chart is out! Go check it out!!'

    ReplyDelete
  28. #1 Recommendation for Venus: Justin Bieber - Company

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adrian, check out my new blog website. Here it is.
    http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2016/04/flo-rida-1-week-of-april-2-2016.html?showComment=1459719234393#c7948568735470348278

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chase can you log into Madden with this account:

      GetExposed@SuckMyDick.com
      SayHiToYouTube

      Delete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So come on let it gooooooooo, just let it beeeeeee, why don't you be you ooh ooh ooh, and I'll be me? Everything that's broooooooke, leave it to the breeeeeze, why don't you be you ooh ooh ooh, and I'll be me? And I'll be me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cake By The Ocean is so old now, can it please leave????

    ReplyDelete
  33. Soon I'll be 20 years old, my story will get told, I'll be writing all these words and I'll still be growin'.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I end June 9 and start August 29

    ReplyDelete
  35. Meghan Trainor sounds so sick in NO is she ok?

    ReplyDelete