Saturday, January 3, 2015

Taylor Swift (2) – Week Of January 3, 2015


Welcome to the first post of 2015!!! I hope we have great year this year in terms of music and that kinda stuff. No songs leaving the countdown this week. So let’s get right to the countdown.

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift – Blank Space
The Countdown
45. 5 Seconds Of Summer – She Looks So Perfect (#39) [How Are You Still Here???]
44. Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz – Waves (#42)
43. MisterWives – Reflections (#36) [Same As #45]
42. Bea Miller – Young Blood (#37)
41. Ed Sheeran – Don’t (#44)
40. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (#43) [Please Leave Soon]
39. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out (#40)
38. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame (#31)
37. Tove Lo – Habits (Stay High) (#34)
36. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute (#45)
35. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Amnesia (#28)
34. Ariana Grande/Zedd – Break Free (#26)
33. Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat (#27)
32. Eden XO – (Not) Too Cool To Dance (#41)
31. Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (#29)
30. Charli XCX – Boom Clap (#35)
29. Echosmith – Cool Kids (#19)
28. Fifth Harmony – Sledgehammer (#30)
27. James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence – The Hanging Tree (#34)
26. Andy Grammer – Honey I’m Good (#20)
25. Selena Gomez – The Heart Wants What It Wants (#32)
24. OneRepublic – I Lived (#24)
23. One Direction – Night Changes (#25)
22. Mary J. Blige – Therapy (#23)
21. Maroon 5 – Maps (#17)
20. Charli XCX – Break The Rules (#21)
19. Vance Joy – Riptide (#22)
18. Nico and Vinz – In Your Arms (#18)
17. Hozier – Take Me To Church (#11)
16. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd – Love Me Harder (#38)
15. Iggy Azalea/MØ – Beg For It (#16)
14. Sheppard – Geronimo (#5)
13. One Direction – Steal My Girl (#14)
12. Alesso/Tove Lo – Heroes (We Could Be) (#9)
11. MKTO – American Dream (#12)
10. Maroon 5 – Animals (#7)
  9. The Vamps/Demi Lovato – Somebody To You (#10)
  8. Meghan Trainor – Lips Are Movin' (#8)
  7. Ella Henderson – Ghost (#13)
  6. Nick Jonas – Jealous (#6)
  5. Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One (#15)
  4. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (#4)
  3. Fall Out Boy – Centuries (#2)
  2. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (#3)
  1. Taylor Swift – Blank Space (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Echosmith – Cool Kids (–10)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ariana Grande/The Weeknd – Love Me Harder (+22)

Blurb Me Harder
~ Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk is now up to #2. Whether it will overrun Blank Space at the top spot, I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

~ Sam Smith – I'm Not The Only One jumping into the Top 5 now is not okay and I do not approve of it.

~ Bea Miller – Young Blood should really be moving up rather than being stuck behind the awful Ed Sheeran – Don't and Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass.

~ Eden XO – Too Cool To Dance just made its comeback jump.

~ Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame lives with us for yet another week. I'm surprised it didn't drop into the Bottom 5. But I'm happy that it didn't.

~ Everyone is going to have to face the facts. Fall Out Boy – Centuries is not going to hit #1 at this point.

~ Listening to some of the other year-end countdowns was pretty interesting. The Pulse (channel 15 on SiriusXM) put OneRepublic – Love Runs Out at #1 while Alt Nation (channel 36 on SiriusXM) put Big Data/Joywave – Dangerous at #1. American Top 40 put Katy Perry – Dark Horse at the top spot. The Hot AC put American Authors – Best Day Of My Life as #1.

~ I can't believe Hits 1 let Maroon 5 – Animals slip away without spending at least one week at #1. By some miracle, a Maroon 5 song always hits #1. Two years ago, Love Somebody hit #1 instead of Robin Thicke/Pharrell/T.I. – Blurred Lines. That's really something with how popular Blurred Lines was.

~ I came back from my vacation earlier this week (New Year's Eve to be exact). All I'm doing now is catching up. I still got a lot of things to post. So if you guys can be patient as this may take just a little while, that would be greatly appreciated.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Calvin Harris/John Newman – Blame
2. James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence – The Hanging Tree
3. Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat
4. Olivia Somerlyn – Parachute
5. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk

29 comments:

  1. Thanks! Two questions:
    1. When was the last time no songs left?
    2. What did Spyder say instead of announcing the songs "we're saying goodbye to this week?"
    Once again, thanks so much!!!
    :D
    #StillOnTeamCenturiesTho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said, "Before we get to this week's Fresh 45 on the first week of 2015, let's review last week’s Top 5 Songs.

      Delete
  2. like guest hosts do they just skip the songs leaving for no reason amd the last time no songs left was when don't you worry child by swedish house mafia had the biggest drop which was -6

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little review, but first my reaction to the absence of exits:


    ALSJDOEUTOEHFOEHFOEFOEHFOEHFORHEORHEOFHFKXBXGZWEWROTPKNRKDHDJWHENWASTHELASTTIMETHISHAPPENED?!?!

    And now for the countdown:
    (note: this is not meant for offense against anyone involved with the songs)
    45. I've had enough of this song. (turquoise)
    44. I've a feeling this might (not) be the end. (pink)
    43. Huh… (blue)
    42. REVERSE COURSE NOW. (green)
    41. Okay then…I thought you'd rise higher. (pink)
    40. Huh? (yellow)
    39. I AM SO HAPPY THIS WAS THE PULSE'S #1 SONG OF THE YEAR. (purple)
    38. Hang in there! (green)
    37. Please make like a tree and go away. (red)
    36. Oh, okay! (blue)
    35. I guess it's only downhill from here…but this IS the Weekend Countdown. (pink)
    34. I sorta saw it coming. (green)
    33. What? No! (green)
    32. Forget what I said about this being Red Lights 2.0. (blue)
    31. ARE YOU SERIOUS? (green)
    30. Never mind, I don't care. (yellow)
    29. Huh! (pink)
    28. So far, so good. (green)
    27. It's growing on me. (blue)
    26. Oh…! (blue)
    25. It's growing on me, but even more so than The Hanging Tree. (blue)
    24. This doesn't seem good. (green)
    23. Yes! (green)
    22. This song's a bit of a slow mover. (blue)
    21. No! (green)
    20. Okay, then. (red)
    19. YES!!! New peak, baby! (green)
    18. This may or may not rise higher. (green)
    17. Oh, okay, then! (blue)
    16. Really? (red)
    15. This is not gøod. (orange)
    14. Augh! (green)
    13. Is there a second chance for 1D? (pink)
    12. Huh! (green)
    11. Could it hit #1? (green)
    10. Could this song please drop lower to…#44 or something? (red)
    9. Please hit #1! (green)
    8. This'll be at least top 3. (blue)
    7. YES!!! New peak, baby! …I said that already, didn't I? (green)
    6. Número uno, por favor? (green)
    5. Oh, what a pleasant surprise!!! (green)
    4. Hehehe…okay…that's enough…(yellow)
    3. I still believe there is hope…even if it doesn't come for two or three months. (green)
    2. I expected it. It may or may not hit #1. I don't know. (green)
    1. You're better than Shake It Off, I'll say that, but please don't go overboard. (blue)

    Thatchos’ Most Missed Song of the Week: Counting Stars by OneRepublic
    Song That I Suddenly Really Love of the Week: Riptide by Vance Joy
    Song Not on Hits 1 That I Recommend of the Week: Gust of Wind by Pharrell Williams and Daft Punk

    Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uptown Funk better hit #1 or ELSE
    And it probably will... like you said, we'll see

    THAT'S the biggest drop of the week? only ten spots? Talk about ironic!
    But it's well deserved, I'm getting sick of Cool Kids
    Reply if you're a Swiftie <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW Mikey Rossy you made me laugh so hard, I read your Blogger of the Week thingy and it said "me" and I just laughed so hard
      Why do you make me laugh Mikey Rossy?
      -Remy Rossy

      Delete
    2. Love is in the air! And it's almost February!

      (No offense Mikey, but you type/act a bit immature for your age.)

      -Trance/Cole the Swiftie <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    3. Oh I make people laugh because I accidently do it I'm going to accidently make someonlaugh "mischievous emoji

      Delete
    4. How???????? I am only 12 trance

      Delete
  5. If the biggest drop is only 10 spots I think that the smallest biggest drop I ever seen.Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's what I thought when This Is How We Do dropped 10 spots from 33 to 43 last month. But Adrian told me the smallest biggest DROP!!!…ever went to Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia and John Martin, which dropped 6 spots to #37. Thanks, Adrian!

      Delete
  6. Hitbound 1-3-15. This time there are 15 songs on Hitbound this time.

    1. Tove Lo - Talking Body

    2. The Vamps and Shawn Mendes - Oh Cecelia

    3. David Guetta and Sam Martin - Dangerous

    4. AronChupa - I'm An Albatroz

    5. Megan Nicole - Fun

    6. Imagine Dragon - I Bet My Life

    7. AJR - Infinity

    8. Pitbull and Ne-Yo - Time Of Our Lives

    9. Script - Superheroes

    10. Kat Dahlia - Crazy

    11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - What I Like About You

    12. Hoodie Allen and Ed Sheeran - All About It

    13. Becky G - Can't Stop Dancin'

    14. Priory - Weekend

    15. Shawn Mendes - Life Of The Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did anyone ever notice that when there are two songs from the same artist on Hit-Bound, one is aired at the beginning of the show and the other is aired at the end.

      Delete
    2. It's probably like the countdown where no song from the same artists can be 10 spots away from each other

      Delete
    3. Bruh there are always 15 songs on hit-bound sometimes they just don't play the fifteenth cause they don't have time

      Delete
    4. I Only hear the 9-10 AM Eastern time slot so sometimes I hear only 14 songs. I don't get a chance to hear Hitbound again so if I leave a song off don't think I did it intentionally.

      Delete
  7. There's a glitch with this page: it only shows the first four comments.
    I'm just going to make this comment to see if it changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it did! Never mind, hakuna matata, people! :D

      Delete
    2. It happpened to me to you're not paranoidd

      Delete
  8. Yes but Tove Lo starts hitbound and it is Shawn Mendes. Tove Lo now had 3 songs on the playlist.Jack Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is how we do is gonna re enter I heard today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because it played doesn't mean it'll re-enter. If it plays ten times over the course of the week, then it'll re-enter.

      Delete
    2. Also rather be i heard it yesturday

      Delete
  10. The only song that stayed on more than 5 weeks and did nothing but jump is uptown funk

    ReplyDelete