Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Maroon 5 (1st Week) - Week of 8/17/13

Okay, so Imagine Dragons - Radioactive and Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) are tied. There is a lot to talk about, so let's get started. I am not happy with this countdown. Let's start with the songs leaving the countdown.
  • Olly Murs – Troublemaker (#30)
  • Rihanna ft. David Guetta – Right Now (#31)
  • Bruno Mars – Locked Out Of Heaven (#38)
  • The Summer Set – Boomerang (#43)
  • Classified ft. David Myles – Inner Ninja (#44)
The Countdown:
45. Anna Kendrick - Cups (#41)
44. Icona Pop - I Love It (#40)
43. fun. - Some Nights (#39)
42. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It (#34)
41. John Newman - Love Me Again (DEBUT)
40. Awolnation - Sail (#45)
39. Krewella - Live For The Night (DEBUT)
38. Hot Chelle Rae - Hung Up (#32)
37. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop (#42)
36. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack (#36)
35. Tegan & Sara - Closer (#27)
34. Cody Simpson - Pretty Brown Eyes (#28)
33. Icona Pop - All Night (DEBUT)
32. MKTO - Classic (#24)
31. Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers - Get Lucky (#21)
30. Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up (#8)
29. Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child (#37)
28. Ke$ha ft. will.i.am - Crazy Kids (#11)
27. Bruno Mars - Treasure (#14)
26. One Direction - Best Song Ever (#26)
25. Lady Gaga - Applause (DEBUT)
24. Twenty One Pilots - Holding On To You (#25)
23. Nikki Williams - Glowing (#23)
22. Train ft. Ashley Monroe - Bruises (#22)
21. Mika ft. Ariana Grande - Popular Song (#17)
20. Jason Derulo - The Other Side (#12)
19. P!nk ft. Lily Allen - True Love (#20)
18. JTX - Summer Lover (#16)
17. Katy Perry - Roar (DEBUT)
16. The 1975 - Chocolate (#33)
15. Emblem 3 - Chloe (#15)
14. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful (#35)
13. Karmin - Acapella (#19)
12. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound (#18)
11. Sammy Adams ft. Mike Posner - L.A. Story (#29)
10. Paramore - Still Into You (#13)
  9. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (#7)              
  8. P!nk ft. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me A Reason (#4)
  7. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love (#9)
  6. Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (#10)
  5. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. - Blurred Lines (#3)
  4. Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#6)
  3. Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity (#5)
  2. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (#1)
  1. Maroon 5 - Love Somebody (#2) [1st Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!: Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up (-22)
Biggest Jump: Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful (+21)

I am upset that Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven and Olly Murs - Troublemaker have been kicked out. But they both lived a nice long life in the countdown.

Out of all the new entrants I think my favorite is John Newman - Love Me Again. I never thought I'd say this but I actually like Icona Pop - All Night. After hearing I Love It, I didn't want to hear any more music by them because I knew I wouldn't like it, but boy was I wrong.

I can't decide which is my least favorite entrant between Katy Perry - Roar and Lady Gaga - Applause. I really don't like either of them. Krewella - Live For The Night isn't good either. But it's better than the other two.

#'s 39, 40, and 41 turned into #'s 43, 44, and 45.

Bruno Mars - Treasure and Ke$ha ft. will.i.am - Crazy Kids took some big drops as well as Avril Lavigne.

Macklemore was this weekend's guest host. He actually wasn't that bad. He was funny at one point. But Spyder Harrison could've done it better.

Rihanna ft. David Guetta - Right Now has not been on the countdown very long. It hasn't even reached the Top 30 before it was kicked out. They need to kick out the old songs, not the new ones.

I am surprised that Maroon 5 - Love Somebody reached #1. I'm glad because they are one of my favorite bands. Plus, I'm really tired of Radioactive. I liked what Macklemore said about what Adam Levine did at one of his performances. However I'm not going to tell you what he did.

I do not like how Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop is in front of Selena Gomez - Come & Get It and fun. - Some Nights. I think Can't Hold Us is a million times better than Thrift Shop.

I also don't like how Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up had the Biggest DROP!!! I was really starting to like that song. One of the only things I like about this weekend's countdown is how Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful had the Biggest Jump of the week. That song has now become my favorite on the countdown.

Sammy Adams ft. Mike Posner - L.A. Story had the second biggest jump of the week. (Up 18 spots)

To finish it off, I'd like to give a mini story about Olly Murs - Troublemaker. The first few times I heard this song, I thought it was Maroon 5. I never heard the other Olly Murs songs that played before Troublemaker. (Dance With Me Tonight and Heart Skips A Beat) So I thought it was Maroon 5 and every time I found out it was Olly Murs, I just kept saying to myself, "Who is this Olly Murs dude who sounds like Adam Levine?" To me Olly only sounds like Adam in Troublemaker. I never really cared about the song when I first heard it. But I started to like the song slowly. I think the song is really catchy. Pretty soon I found myself singing along to it. I eventually fell in love with the song. (When it reached #1, I still didn't really care about it.) It lived a nice life. And it's hard for me to say goodbye. But what really matters is that it did it's best and reached #1 spot at least once. It debuted at #17 and left at #30.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful 
2. Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up
3. Twenty One Pilots - Holding On To You
4. Sammy Adams ft. Mike Posner - L.A. Story
5. John Newman - Love Me Again

No comments:

Post a Comment