Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Chainsmokers (3) – Week Of October 15, 2016

Hey guys! So another busy week of school is finally over (even though it was only four days this week). As far as the countdown goes, this week definitely had a lot more drama going on on the countdown. And we all know what more drama means. It means more blurbs! So enjoy! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.


  • Meghan Trainor – Me Too (#34)
  • Lukas Graham – 7 Years (#45)

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
The Countdown
45. Demi Lovato – Body Say (#29)
44. Lukas Graham – Mama Said (#37)
43. Flume/Kai – Never Be Like You (#12)
42. AJR – I'm Not Famous (#32)
41. The Strumbellas – Spirits (#22)
40. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman (#42)
39. Mike Posner/SeeB – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#36) [2 Weeks At #1]
38. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious (#41) [1 Week At #1]
37. Fifth Harmony – Work From Home (#39)
36. P!nk – Just Like Fire (#43)
35. Meghan Trainor – No (#44)
34. DNCE – Cake By The Ocean (#38) [4 Weeks At #1]
33. Taylor Swift – New Romantics (#40) [2 Weeks At #1]
32. Andy Grammer – Fresh Eyes (#33)
31. Calvin Harris – My Way (#17)
30. 5 Seconds Of Summer – Girls Talk Boys (#16)
29. Nick Jonas – Bacon (DEBUT)
28. Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out (#31) [5 Weeks At #1]
27. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#28) [1 Week At #1]
26. Kiiara – Gold (#19)
25. Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire (#35)
24. The Weeknd/Daft Punk – Starboy (#27)
23. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez – We Don't Talk Anymore (#18)
22. Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor (#20)
21. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey – The Little Things (#23)
20. Niall Horan – This Town (#30)
19. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (DEBUT)
18. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (#25)
17. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U (#24)
16. Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion (#21)
15. OneRepublic – Kids (#26)
14. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
13. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling (#4) [10 Weeks At #1]
12. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (#3)
11. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (#13)
10. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (#6)
  9. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (#7)
  8. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water (#14)
  7. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (#15)
  6. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (#11)
  5. Ariana Grande – Into You (#9)
  4. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (#10)
  3. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (#6)
  2. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (#2)
  1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Shawn Mendes – Stitches

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Flume/Kai – Never Be Like You (–31)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: OneRepublic – Kids (+11)

New Entrants
~ First up, we have Nick Jonas debuting with Bacon. Honestly, this song is really not as interesting as his first two singles, Chains and Jealous. One of the things I remember about this song is that this is the song Nick performed at the 2016 MTV VMA's (which really sucked this year by the way). I found that performance to be pretty boring, mainly because the song itself is pretty boring. I feel like Nick Jonas was at his highest point when he first started releasing his solo singles and he's been pretty much declining after Chains. There's nothing about this song I really enjoy. It's certainly not bad. But I will very likely not remember this song within a month after it leaves. And while it's not bad, it's certainly a space filler.

~ Next up is the comeback single from Bruno Mars, making it the first solo single we've gotten from him since like 2014 or somewhere around there. This one is called 24K Magic. I had pretty much already explained why I do not like this song. If you want to see my full rant, you can check out my previous post, which is where I reviewed it as it made its Hit-Bound debut. But to sum it all up, I personally* do not like this new style Bruno Mars has going. I much preferred the Just The Way You Are/Grenade side of him, where he sung about girls in a much more respectful, loving way. I feel like this song is trying way too hard to be like Uptown Funk, which was the biggest song of last year and is one of the biggest songs so far this decade, and it just doesn't work. We can all say we had fun with Uptown Funk at some point last year. But now we really don't need to be reliving it. We have (or at least should have) moved on. Even though Bruno Mars has a really voice, only a few lines in this song are actually sung. Everything else is pretty much shouted. The video sucks. Honestly, I do not think this song is any good. My opinion could change, but I find it very unlikely. I have a pretty solid opinion and I don't see it changing, no matter how much some of you may argue against it.

*Personally meaning this is my opinion and you cannot say I'm wrong.

Hit-Bound
~ Here is the Hit-Bound list:


  • DNCE – Body Moves
  • Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
  • Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
  • Jason Derulo – Kiss The Sky
  • Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (DEBUT)
  • Bastille – Good Grief
  • Magic! – Red Dress
  • Ellie Goulding – Still Falling For You
  • Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (DEBUT)
  • Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight
  • Shawn Mendes – Mercy (DEBUT)
  • Jon Bellion – All Time Low
  • Mike Posner – Be As You Are
  • Runaground – Chase You Down

Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Jon Bellion – All Time Low
2. Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
3. Ellie Goulding – Still Falling For You
4. Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
5. Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know


24K Blurbs
~ Let's start off by saying the drops out of the Top 5 (and the Top 10) from Cheap Thrills, Don't Let Me Down, and Can't Stop The Feeling were very pleasing to see. Despite me having different opinions on each, they all have been here for a very long time and we need to let the new songs jump in and let the old songs drop. Now we must hope that they continue to drop, especially Cheap Thrills.

~ Despite me being happy about those Top 5 dropouts, our Top 5 entrants I'm pretty mixed on. Treat You Better has been here for a seemingly long time and is now hitting a new peak at #3. I would've been happy with this a month ago. Now I've just heard this song too much. I've heard Into You a little too much too. Despite it not being here on the countdown that long, it has been out for a quite a while and Hits 1 took months to pick up on it. It's only a matter of time until I legitimately get sick of it. And don't even get me started on This Is What You Came For. This song is just crap and the fact that it's still hitting new peaks just makes it even worse.

~ ........Did we really need Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty back in the Top 10??? I'd like to think not. But Hits 1's love for Daya is too strong that it may be a while until they let go of her songs, kind of like what's happening with Twenty One Pilots.

~ So I finally heard the remix of Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U that Hits 1 plays. It's definitely not as good as the original version. I think a song with a message like this is meant to be slow. No remix will help. If anything, it makes it worse. The only reason I still have it in green is that I'm grading the original version, very similar to the way I grade Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend.

~ Speaking of Hymn For The Weekend, that song has hit a new peak at #6! It'd be really nice to see this in the Top 5, replacing a certain song, which I'm sure all of you are able to guess. But seriously, being able to see my favorite band of all time possibly have a Top 5 hit is really nice, considering their previous hits didn't do as well as I had hoped they would (this song is their first Top 10 song in I don't know how long). But yeah, I will be voting the hell out of this song. Top 5, here we come!

~ So DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You finally made that jump into the Top 20. After three weeks of doing pretty much nothing, this song finally jumps a reasonable amount of spots. But it's very likely the only reason this song jumped was because of the jump into the Top 10 from Cold Water, which has peaked higher than Lean On, making it Major Lazer's biggest single, even though I personally thought Lean On was better.

~ Honestly, Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion is one of those songs that's so bad that it's actually kind of funny. Every time I hear this song, I can't help but laugh slightly because of how bad the song is. So far, I'm not that impressed with her new album.

~ It's nice to hear that Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey – The Little Things is one of Spyder Harrison's favorite songs at the moment. Every time this song comes on, I can't help but turn the volume up and have this blasting in the car because it is so fun to listen to.

~ I see that Kenny Chesney/P!nk – Setting The World On Fire is one of those songs that kind of jumps and drops all over the place on the countdown. It'll just keep jumping from the 30's into the 20's and back down again to the 30's. I don't care too much about this song, so I don't really mind seeing these wacky jumps and drops.

~ Calvin Harris – My Way took a really quick and sudden drop out of the Top 30. Since I really don't think this song is anything amazing and how it's barely in green, I wouldn't mind seeing it flop. But I was kind of hoping that this would be what gets This Is What You Came For out of the Top 10 for good. Guess not.

~ So Kiiara – Gold is now in orange. I legitimately cannot stand this song. It's so repetitive, boring, and pretty damn annoying. I'm still waiting for it to flop, but it probably won't happen at this point unfortunately.

~ The Strumbellas – Spirits took a pretty big drop into the Bottom 5. That's pretty damn unfortunate because I actually thought this song was a pretty good little alternative tune. That chorus can still get stuck in my head though.

~ I'm not too surprised about Meghan Trainor – Me Too leaving, with how many times I heard No this week. I still enjoy Me Too in a guilty pleasure kind of way. But now I'd like to get rid of No as soon as possible. That song is pretty damn bad and has been here much longer than it should've been.

~ I also still enjoy Lukas Graham – 7 Years purely for the meaning of the song. Yet Mama Said, the inferior song, is still here. Very unfortunate and very unpleasing. Please leave next week.

~ Flume/Kai – Never Be Like You took a massive drop out of the Top 15 into the Bottom 5. Yikes! It did a significant lack of airplay this week, so this wasn't too surprising. But damn, a 31-spot drop is a pretty hard fall.

~ The Hit 45 Chart is currently being worked on. I will try to get that out to you as soon as possible.

Top 20 Review
0 – Crap:
20. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For
19. Twenty One Pilots – Ride
18. Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion

1 – Bad:
17. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
16. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty

2 – Mediocre:
15. X Ambassadors – Unsteady
14. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills
13. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down
12. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better

3 – Decent:
11. Ariana Grande – Into You

4 – Good:
10. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling

5 – Great:
9. Niall Horan – This Town
8. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Staving
7. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water
6. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U
5. OneRepublic – Kids
4. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer
3. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You
2. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
1. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend

Total Score: 62/100


Throwback Pick Of The Week: The Script – For The First Time

Most Missed Countdown Song: The Script/will.i.am – Hall Of Fame

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lindsey Stirling/Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – Something Wild

Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: Tie Between X Ambassadors – Renegades and Panic! At The Disco – Victorious (....awkward....)


My Top 5 Picks
1. Coldplay – Hymn For The Weekend
2. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
3. Big Gigantic/Angela McCluskey – The Little Things
4. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You
5. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Kiiara – Gold
2. AJR – I'm Not Famous
3. Lukas Graham – Mama Said
4. Meghan Trainor – No
5. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For

304 comments:

  1. How awkward you had a tie between Renegades and Victorious, with the latter still here.

    Am I seriously the only one that doesn't like the SeeB remix of Hymn For The Weekend?

    I'd honestly take 24K Magic, Uptown Funk, and Treasure over songs like Grenade, Just The Way You Are, and the God awful Lazy Song any day.

    I'll be surprised if New Romantics leaves before it hit pink or yellow.

    Nothing about the Hit-Bound debuts like Side To Side, Mercy, or even Don't Wanna Know?

    I feel like me and Graham are the only two people here that cannot stand Heathens.

    If Work From Home jumps one more time, I will say something.

    I actually like Cold Water more than Let Me Love You.

    I cannot like I Hate U I Love U to a huge extent like most people.

    I still don't like OneRepublic's new sound, I cannot stand the drench of auto effects on Ryan Tedder's voice and the blaring noise in the chorus is just that, noise.

    Its weird how both your most missed song and your throwback pick is from the same artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure he was talking about victorious only.

      I really do like the remix but the original hymn for the weekend.

      I never really cared about Bruno Mars and I'm not gonna start now.

      Heathens is OK (for now at least...)

      Don't dislike Work from home as much as you but I agree, it should not be jumping it's and must leave

      I used to like cold water and lot but it faded on me.

      i hate u, i love u is OK but the remix is better. Don't know why but it is.

      I LOVE OneRepublic's new sound. I absolutely love Kids and future looks good is there second best song they made (first is I lived)

      I also wonder about the most missed song and throwback pick thing too :)

      My top 5 picks
      1. Kids
      1. Hymnfor the weekend
      3. Starving
      4. Ride (sorry Adrian...)
      5. Don't let me down

      Delete
    2. I like every song in your top 5 picks but Kids.

      Delete
    3. Then why is it yellow on your blog post?

      Delete
  2. What a coincidence that Gold changed to purple for Jack this week and Orange for Adrian, both the same week!

    - A Hits 1 Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda reminds me of when Renegades debuted, it was Adrian's favorite song on the countdown but one of Jack's least favorites.

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: Adele - Water Under the Bridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the two or three tracks from that album he said he really cared for.

      Delete
  4. When I was scrolling through this post and I saw both Mama Said and I'm Not Famous in red, I knew that Gold would be in orange. It's pretty unfortunate for me because I love that song, and it's definitely not gonna flop as it's in the top 10 on the radio at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked and it's #6. Wow, that's pretty high.

      Delete
    2. To think this damn thing could hit the Top 10 on Billboard. My goodness.

      Delete
  5. Posted by Adrian Carrazco at 12:05 AM. Dang that's late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Changed! And lol IDK why I changed it to this I just think it's funny 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I take it Bacon is closer to red than it is green? In that case I have a feeling you'll have it in red eventually if it stays too long (like Figure Me Out became).
    I'm surprised that TIWYCF isn't in orange yet. Although I guess because the song was decent to begin, which I guess isn't the same for Gold, Mama Said and I'm Not Famous.
    Also surprised that Closer went from your favorite two weeks ago to #2 last week to #5 this week. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And on that note, how close is Cheap Thrills to being in red?

      Delete
  8. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but why is Kiss The Sky in red?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you telling us this, when no one here gives a damn. Parker, you need to realize this, no one here like rap like you do!

      Delete
    2. What's wrong with me giving my opinion on a new mixtape? Who knows, there might be someone here that cares.

      Delete
    3. We don't, because none of us like rap. Have you seen my Billboard posts, where pretty much all of the rap is in red? I'm pretty sure most if not all of us do not care, nor do we like rap.

      Delete
    4. I personally don't like genres like country and alternative, but when people say stuff about it, I'll still take the time to read it and respect their opinions. For example, even though I hate alternative and rock music, I still read Bailey's posts every week and comment on them. I love rap and that's pretty much all I listen to, so that's what I'll be commenting about, so if you don't like it, then just deal with it.

      Delete
    5. And I don't like Heave Metal/Death Metal, Screemo, and Emo music, but you don't see me complain about them as much to the extent of rap. And I personally hate them more than rap. I actually listen to more than just he pop music of toady, I listen to disco, R&B, rock, alternative, some country, and a little bit of rap. And at least I have reasons critically why I don't like rap, whereas you don't when it comes to alternative/rock.

      Delete
    6. I'll admit that I don't know too much about why I don't like rock. I don't necessarily like the guitar and vocals of rock songs, and there are very few exceptions to that. It's also kinda slow and boring IMO. Country is my least favorite though, as the vocals in the songs are annoying as hell and again, they just put me to sleep. And me living in Music City does not affect any of this.

      Delete
    7. Well I don't like the metalcore genre or any thing closely near metal and screemo because its just endless screaming and terribly obnoxious sounds and vocals that make my ears bleed to death. Rap suffers from the generic drugs, sex, shoes, money, hoes, clichés and generic trap like synth I've heard a million times, and the bored rappers that don't give a shit.

      I grew up in the mid to late 2000s where club/crunk and rock were thriving. I always liked rock a bit because of the guitars, because of the vocals, because of the well written lyrics, Hell I USED to like Nickelback at one point in time. When it comes to rock, Fall Out Boy will always be my favorite, more than Coldplay, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, and even old rock legends like Elvis Presley, Bill Haley & The Comets, and AC/DC (Yes I know you and so many others on this blog except Scott don't know or care about songs/artists from before 2000, but I'm trying to make a point)

      Country on the other hand is a mixed bag for me. I like artists like Carrie Underwood, Dolly Parton, and Miranda Lambert, but I don't like the bro-country clichés from artists like Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, and Thomas Rhett. But trust me, the vocals in country, rock, and even rap don't offend me nearly as much as heavy metal and screemo, where its just endless noise in every sense of the word.

      Delete
    8. BTW Closer is gonna leave COAEP this week

      Delete
  10. Here's a WC post with a COAEP lyric challenge.
    http://countdownmania.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-chainsmokers-3-hits-1-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Billboard Hot 100 Predictions:

    Exits:
    Why You Always Hatin'?- YG/Drake/Kamaiyah (#99)
    Gangsta- Kehlani (#95)
    Don't Touch My Hair- Solange (#91)
    I Got The Keys- DJ Khaled/Jay-Z/Future (#90)
    Make You Miss Me- Sam Hunt (#86)
    All In My Head (Flex)- Fifth Harmony/Fetty Wap (#79)
    Forever Country- Artists of Then, Now, & Forever (#73)

    Entrants:
    Ain't My Fault- Zara Larsson (#85)
    80s Mercedes- Maren Morris (#77)
    Kids- OneRepublic (#58)
    Million Reasons- Lady Gaga (#46)
    Don't Wanna Know- Maroon 5/Kendrick Lamar (#42)
    Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen (PPAP)- Piko Taro (#17)
    24K Magic- Bruno Mars (#7)

    Biggest Drop: I Met A Girl- William Michael Morgan (-33) (#94)

    Biggest Jump: False Alarm- The Weeknd (+37) (#26)

    Top 10:
    10. Cheap Thrills
    9. Treat You Better
    8. I Hate U I Love U
    7. 24K Magic- Bruno Mars (DEBUT)
    6. Let Me Love You
    5. Broccoli
    4. Heathens
    3. Cold Water
    2. Closer
    1. Starboy

    I don't think this will be 100% accurate, but I do think some of these will happen. 24K Magic will debut as well as PPAP, and Don't Wanna Know. I do think that Starboy will dethrone Closer at #1 maybe, but I think 24K Magic may hit #1, but I'm jus not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt PPAP will debut this week, but it will probably debut sometime in the future.

      24K Magic will probably debut in the top 10, maybe in the top 5 or 3. But I don't think it will be #1. The #1 will probably be Closer.

      I think Don't Wanna Know will debut, probably around #40 or #50.

      Delete
    2. PPAP debuted at #2 as the Hot Shot Debut for the Bubbling Under the Hot 100, I bet it'll debut based on YouTube, and streaming alone, and I wouldn't be surprised.

      24K Magic may debut at #1 because it recently gained 1,000 spins on 1 day alone last time I checked the Kworb radio charts, and its pretty damn high on streaming too.

      I wouldn't be surprised if it debuted around mid-field, being stuck in the minefield of songs, and not in the top 20.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I didn't know that.

      I know, but it's only #13 on the radio charts. It's also #15 on Spotify's daily chart for the US, and #13 for the world.

      Delete
    4. http://kworb.net/radio/pop/archives/20161014.html

      24K Magic 6,639 (+1,020 spins)

      Delete
    5. Okay, but it's not in the top 10 yet.

      Delete
    6. So, Isn't it in the top 10 on Spotify, iTunes, or getting a lot of views on YouTube. It will be the Hot Shot Debut this week I guarantee it, and it could hit #1. 90% says its not possible, but 10% says it is.

      Delete
    7. I agree, it will very likely be the hot shot debut. And I still don't think it will debut at #1, but who knows?

      Delete
    8. As I said, no way it's debuting at #1. It definitely has the chance to get there, but not debut there. Closer is still a monster. The reason CSTF was able to debut at #1 was because of its massive sales, which is something 24K Magic doesn't have, at least not yet. However, speaking of such, while I'm sure it will easily hold steam in 2017 and make that Year-End chart, what worries me is the thought of it becoming CSTF all over again and peaking quickly (I remember from Billboard Breakdown that happened the week that All In My Head (Flex) and Heathens debuted, if memory serves). Then again, I read how most Bruno Mars songs tend to be slow gainers before seriously taking off (hence, Uptown Funk debuting at #65 on the final week of 2014 then blasting into the Top 20 the next week).

      And on that note, I watched Bruno on Saturday Night Live last night. He performed not only 24K Magic, but another song that's gonna be on the album, supposedly called "Chunky". Some people might like that one more, at least the ones who found the title track to be a copy of Uptown Funk or didn't like the arrogant demeanor.

      Delete
  12. Throwback comment of the day:

    https://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com/2015/04/ellie-goulding-1-week-of-april-25-2015.html?showComment=1430308816034#c180073713519895563

    And yes, this was posted almost one and a half years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BREAKING NEWS: ONE DANCE IS NOW THE MOST PLAYED SONG ON SPOTIFY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a shock, it held onto #1 on the Hot 100 thanks to streaming alone holding in on.

      Delete
    2. Oh so one dance is the most played now isn't it now?


      *throws phone across the room and destroys the house*

      Delete
    3. Please stop, Zack! You're driving me crazy!

      Delete
  14. Guys serious question are twenty one pilots really that good of a band?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They okay. I did not like their older works, but I thought Blurryface was a big step up from their works on Vessel. But Heathens and the My Chemical Romance cover Cancer sucks.

      Delete
  15. It's only Sunday and I can already guarantee what the #1 song on COAEP will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably either 2. Wait For It, 3. Bae (because you called it Don't Hurt Me 2.0), 4. Want Her, 6. Ooouuu, or 9. Juju on That Beat. I doubt it will be the latter two or Bae, though.

      Delete
    2. I was going to say that it shouldn't be DHM because it was #1 for too long, but I didn't want to jinx it.

      Delete
    3. Alright. It's either:
      Don't Hurt Me
      Wait For It
      Bae
      Want Her
      Wat U Mean (Aye, Aye, Aye) (You forgot this one)
      OOOUUU
      Juju On That Beat

      Delete
  16. I will always love you is orginally by Dolly Parton

    ReplyDelete
  17. welcome to this weeks The Pulse countdowN!
    Before we ger to the countdown, here is our one exit:
    NEEDTOBREATHE-Happiness(15)

    and now for the countdown!
    15:Goo Goo Dolls-Over & Over(Debut)
    14:O.A.R-I Go Through(14)
    13:Rob Thomas-Pieces(12)
    12:Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness/Lindsey Stirling-Something Wild(13)(biggest jump)
    11:Bastille-Good Grief(11)
    10:Kenny Chesney/P!nk-Setting The World On fire(10)
    09:Andy Grammar-Fresh Eyes(9)
    08:P!nk-Just Like Fire(4)(Biggest DROPPPPP!!!!!)
    07:Wrabel-11 Blocks(8)(biggest jump)
    06:One Republic-Kids(7)Biggest jump)
    05:Coldplay-Hymn For The Weekend(6)(biggest jump)
    04:Gavin DeGraw-she Sets The City On Fire(5)(Biggest jump)
    03:Blue October-Home(3)
    02:Justin Timberlake-Can't stop The Feeling(8 weeks at #1)
    01:Fitz & The Tantrums-HandClap(1)(3rd week At #1)

    New Entrants:over & Over(6/10)
    Our Lone Entrants This week comes From the Goo Goo dolls.
    i mean it is okay, but i wish we can get songs like heathens into the countdown.

    pulse-ating "new Music"

    Train-Play That song
    emily sande-It Hurts
    Twenty One Pilots-Heathens
    ellie Goulding-Still Falling For You
    John Legend-Love Me Now(Debut)
    The 1975-The Sound
    Maroon 5-Don't Wanna Know(Debut)
    Aurora-Conqueror
    We The Kings/Elena Coats-Sad Song

    John Legend is back with His Song-Love Me Now, this one may have more excitment, but that doesn't make me like it(3/10)

    Maroon 5 is back... and this is just a dissipointment,Though not bad,it is probaly my least favorite maroon 5 song. i miss 1 more night,Moves like jaggar, and maps, and this is just outright BORING(4.5/10)

    top 2 pulseating
    2.Sad Song
    1.Still Falling For You

    top 4 countdown
    4.Something wild
    3.11 blocks
    2.Good Grief
    1.Kids



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, someone's going to be happy about two of the songs on Pulse-ating New Music.

      Delete
    2. And why are those two songs "New Music"? One of them is very high on this countdown!

      Delete
    3. 1. who? and which songs?
      2. That's why i put quotations

      Delete
    4. for the two songs that you don't think are new music are those the sound and heathens?

      Delete
    5. Yes, and the person is Scott.

      Delete
    6. i though it was miles withstill falling for you and the sound

      Delete
    7. oh right, because heathens for his obsession to over take closer and the sound because it was his favorite song on hits 1 before it left

      Delete
    8. why does our biggest jumps have to only jump and get the award? that's stupid

      Delete
    9. ^^^^^^^^ ikr.

      And YAY KIDS HAS THE BIGGEST JUMP!!!!!!!
      (but really doesn't matter cause it's only 1 spot up...)

      Delete
    10. Bon jovi-This House Is Not for Sale is Pulse-ating instead of still falling for you so #2 for pulseating is heathens

      Delete
  18. by the way the chart they do for one of the 2000 years are actually the adult pop billboard chart(nice disquise)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, am I the only one who hasn't heard PPAP yet? Because the buzz about it doesn't sound pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, it will get stuck in your head. It's so weird and funny. Even Hits 1 did a thing on it last night between songs. "I have a Hits, I have a 1. UGH! Hits 1!"

      Delete
    2. i just heard, and its gonna become the next gangnam style

      Delete
    3. I just heard it and...



















      What the fuck did I listen to?!?!?!? Something's wrong with humanity at this point...

      Delete
    4. I just listened to it and it's pretty good

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. Why is Zack giving his opinion on a song not appropriate?

      Delete
    7. No, Gangnam Style was much better in everyway. This is just stupid, and its not a song.

      Delete
    8. And it's like 45 seconds right? That's what I read. But there's an extended version if I'm not mistaken. And I'm not finding it catchy.

      Delete
    9. i know!
      My oldest brother even downloaded gangnam style!
      but i am not him, this song is so annoying!

      Delete
    10. I agree with Miles, Gangnam style is better than PPAP in every way possible

      Delete
  20. Me Too in green? You gotta be shitting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm assuming your not coming out of anyone's ass right now so no, no one is shitting you

      Delete
    2. EPG, it's you gotta be kidding me, please watch your language.

      Delete
    3. And Zack, you too, please watch your language.

      Delete
    4. It's not funny, it's hilarious!

      Delete
    5. I'm with EPG, Me Too is one of the worst songs of 2016.

      Delete
    6. What the hell is wrong with you?

      Delete
    7. Nothing. Everyone has their own opinions.

      Delete
    8. It is a dumb song, but I can't help but find it catchy, which is why it's pretty much my official guilty pleasure of 2016.

      Delete
    9. WAMB10: Simple, Meghan sounds terrible, the bassline is horrendous, and everything sounds like a shit ton of random noises were just thrown in there. And don't even get me started on the lyrics. Not only is this not empowering as so many are proclaming, its actively dis-empowering. Its empowering to the singer at the direct expense of everyone else. She is better than you, you are worse than here, that's what she's saying and its fucking infuriating. At least Adrian realizes this, and I can respect him for having it be his guilty pleasure. But I am 100% in line with Scott and EPG when I say Me Too is one of the worst songs of 2016.

      Delete
    10. I love Me Too but I see why you don't like it

      Delete
    11. According to the point system for my chart, Me Too is currently #2 for the year and if it stayed on the chart for a few more weeks, it would have been #1.

      Delete
    12. EPG, you mean kidding me, do you?

      Delete
    13. No, I literally meant are you shitting me, because Me Too is the worst song this year.

      -EPG

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. And when I was watching that video on the sidebar that recommends videos shows a video called Chase's Corner: The Nose Picking Game. 😂😂😂

      Delete
    2. Absolutely not. That's the guy that Chase is trying to make look bad, which isn't good and has failed. (We know you're a troll, Chase!)

      ...Well, that is and has been my theory for a month or two now.

      Delete
    3. I wasn't talking about the Chase in the video.

      Delete
    4. OMG you mention a show my little sister likes!

      Delete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. last week's hot 45 chart has been released.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 2016 is the year I changed for me. I changed the way I dress, the school I attend, my personality, the tone i speak, the way i prepare my face evry day, the way i style my hair, well not evry day, my routine. I'm growing up. I did all the things in my list.I hope 2017 is best.

    What I'm gonna do for 2017
    Be a teenager
    Become more fashionable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started middle school a year and a half ago but I felt the same way. I felt it was necessary to change up the way I dress and my personality before I started school that year.

      Delete
  25. So, if any of you care, I found the track listing for NOW That's What I Call Music Volume 60 today, which has some...unusual choices:

    1. This Is What You Came For
    2. The Greatest
    3. We Don't Talk Anymore
    4. Into You
    5. Me Too
    6. Make Me
    7. Never Be Like You
    8. Starving
    9. Sit Still, Look Pretty
    10. This Girl
    11. Greenlight (somehow, despite the fact that this one hasn't even charted yet)
    12. LUV (very odd choice, feels akin to Don't being on Now 58)
    13. Rise (despite this one flopping, this inclusion doesn't surprise me much, because Katy Perry)
    14. Unsteady
    15. Hymn For The Weekend (but it didn't say if it was the Seeb remix or not, so I'm gonna assume the original)
    16. Mama Said
    NOW What's Next:
    17. Lovesick by Jacob Whitesides
    18. Ain't Love Strange by Stanaj
    19. ILYSB by LANY
    20. Happy Pills by Weathers
    21. Talk Too Much by COIN
    22. Fool's Gold by Aaron Carter

    The deluxe edition will also have a second disc featuring some past massive hits, including:
    Happy, Uptown Funk, Want To Want Me, Same Old Love, Animals (Maroon 5), Radioactive, Dark Horse, Jealous, Love Me Like You Do, Story Of My Life, Rude, Chandelier, All Of Me, and Let It Go (from Frozen).

    Overall, not the most exciting disc. I thought for sure that Closer, Cold Water and Treat You Better would be here. Only has seven tracks in total that I really care for (including the bonus disc), four of which I already own (Into You, Hymn For The Weekend, Uptown Funk, and Love Me Like You Do). I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovesick? Very interesting.

      Delete
    2. These albums are usually late with so many songs, so it's very interesting to see The Greatest already on here when it's still pretty new.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that is true (example: Blank Space and See You Again being on Now 54 and 56 respectively, after they had left the Top 10 on the Hot 100 and should've been on the previous albums). They usually tend to be the songs that had just been popular. But I guess they're saving Closer and Cold Water for 61 in February.

      Delete
    4. ALL of these albums are late all most every time.

      Delete
  26. I will announce the Hot 100 (so far) tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the new Halloween theme on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adrian, what are your opinions on the following songs:
    Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault
    Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl
    Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
    Meghan Trainor/Yo Gotti - Better
    Emeli Sande - Hurts
    JoJo/Wiz Khalifa - F**k Apologies
    The Chainsmokers/Phoebe Ryan - All We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JJ, it's No Apologies, not F**k Apologies

      Delete
    2. Although No Apologies is the radio edit, but they're both the same song :P

      Delete
  29. Replies
    1. Happy birthday Miles (=

      Also, good news for him: I heard Stressed Out a little while ago. Maybe it'll last a year on the countdown?! We can only hope…

      Delete
  30. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: Nick Martin/Tigerlily/Hook n Sling - Skyline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can't you give me a recommendaation... Ooh because i don't have my webpage,WOW that is surely a greattttt reason


      FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFYFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  31. You know, Adrian, one thing that's bothered me for a while is, you clearly don't think any song that isn't in green is "good". In that case, in the color code, why is the word "good" with blue? That should be changed to "decent/okay", because if songs are only good if they're green or purple, the color code should not lead us to think otherwise. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. It definitely may seem a little confusing. I will change the color code tab so that green is "good/great" and blue is "decent/okay". I think that will make more sense. Thank you for pointing that out. :)

      Delete
  32. Hot 100 so far:
    1. Closer
    2. Starboy
    3. Heathens
    4. Let Me Love You
    5. 24K Magic
    6. Broccoli
    7. Cold Water
    8. Treat You Better
    9. Cheap Thrills
    10. Side to Side
    55. Love Me Now
    56. Don't Wanna Know
    76. Million Reasons

    ReplyDelete
  33. This Week in Billboard Chart History: In 1999, Santana & Rob Thomas Made a 'Smooth' Ride to No. 1

    The song ushered in the No. 1 album "Supernatural." Plus, remembering feats by Jay Sean, T.I. & Bruce Springsteen.

    Oct. 17, 2009
    Seven years ago today, "Down" was up, atop the Billboard Hot 100, as British pop singer Jay Sean, with Lil Wayne, reigned with his debut U.S. single.

    Oct. 18, 2008
    T.I. tallied his third Billboard 200 No. 1, as Paper Trail launched at the top spot. The set yielded the Billboard Hot 100 No. 1s "Whatever You Like" and "Live Your Life" (featuring Rihanna), the latter of which began a six-week Hot 100 rule the same day.

    Oct. 19, 1985
    With its memorable comic book style video, a-ha's "Take on Me" topped the Billboard Hot 100. A new version of the song, remixed by Kygo, hit No. 25 on the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart in September 2015.

    Oct. 20, 2007
    Bruce Springsteen became boss of the Billboard 200 with his album Magic. The set arrived as his eighth No. 1 (of 11 to date) and generated the hit single "Radio Nowhere."

    Oct. 21, 1989
    Elton John crowned Adult Contemporary with the inspirational "Healing Hands," from his album Sleeping With the Past. The set would also produce the top five AC hits "Sacrifice" and "Club at the End of the Street." "Healing Hands" became the eighth of John's 15 AC No. 1s; he and the Carpenters share the mark for the most leaders in the chart's 55-year history.

    Oct. 22, 1988
    Phil Collins' "Groovy Kind of Love" topped the Billboard Hot 100. The original (more uptempo) version by The Mindbenders peaked at No. 2 in 1966.

    Oct. 23, 1999
    Santana's late-'90s comeback was in full force, as "Smooth," featuring Rob Thomas, began a 12-week command on the Billboard Hot 100. Parent album Supernatural also spent 12 weeks atop the Billboard 200.

    ReplyDelete
  34. http://mymusicreviewingblog.blogspot.com/2016/10/18th-birthday-post-what-i-like.html

    My birthday post is out.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Some good news: DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You is getting more airplay as of today. Could this potentially be in the Top 5 this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know if it's been a Most Wutchuwanted at all yet?

      Delete
    2. According to DSR, not yet.

      Delete
  36. Just added a new Halloween theme similar to this one to my COAEP blog.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Also, I forgot this again.

    ROUND 8 (Final round):
    Uptown Funk vs. Ghost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uptown Funk.

      Though Ghost is a pretty cool song, and its name fits nicely for this time of year :P

      Delete
    2. uptown funk cuase' io don't remember ghost

      Delete
  38. Who do you think is a bigger fan of 24K Magic: Scott or Miles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like asking who is the bigger fan of Uptown Funk between me and Scott.

      Delete
    2. Heh, yeah, I'm not totally sure. Then again I'm a guy who doesn't have as much time to himself…

      And on that note, the song could barely make this Year-End list; it'll need to gain more in these last four weeks but it very well could. And if it does, it'll be akin to Kiss Kiss in 2007 and Diamonds in 2012, in being super late but making it in the lowest reaches. We'll see what happens.

      Delete
    3. Or it'll be like Hello and hit #1 and stay there for the last few weeks of the year and end up pretty high on the year end list.

      Delete
  39. Spins for songs in the top 20:
    16. Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion (0) (Possible biggest drop or exit?)
    15. OneRepublic – Kids (2)
    17. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien – I Hate U, I Love U (2)
    20. Niall Horan – This Town (3)
    13. Justin Timberlake – Can't Stop The Feeling (3)
    12. Sia/Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills (3)
    11. Twenty One Pilots – Ride (4)
      6. Coldplay/Beyoncé – Hymn For The Weekend (5)
      7. Daya – Sit Still, Look Pretty (5)
      9. X Ambassadors – Unsteady (6)
    14. The Chainsmokers/Daya – Don't Let Me Down (6)
    19. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (6)
      3. Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (6)
      8. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ – Cold Water (6)
    10. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd – Starving (7)
      5. Ariana Grande – Into You (9)
      1. The Chainsmokers/Halsey – Closer (9)
    18. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You (10)
      4. Calvin Harris/Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (11)
      2. Twenty One Pilots – Heathens (12)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Why is This Is What You Came For still getting so much airplay?!?!?!

      Delete
    2. NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kids
      R.I.P kids

      Delete
    3. NOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE KIDS!!!! ITS BETTER NOT DROP OR WORST.. GET OUT �������� IT HAS TO GET AIRPLAY NOW!!!

      Delete
  40. . what is our hit-bound spins?
    hopfully good grief will debut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit-Bound spins:
      1 - DNCE – Body Moves
      1 - Sia/Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
      1 - Alessia Cara – Scars To Your Beautiful
      0 - Jason Derulo – Kiss The Sky
      0 - Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj – Side To Side (DEBUT)
      0 - Bastille – Good Grief
      0 - Magic! – Red Dress
      0 - Ellie Goulding – Still Falling For You
      4 - Maroon 5 – Don't Wanna Know (DEBUT)
      0 - Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis – Greenlight
      0 - Shawn Mendes – Mercy (DEBUT)
      0 - Jon Bellion – All Time Low
      0 - Mike Posner – Be As You Are
      0 - Runaground – Chase You Down

      Delete
    2. Daniel, it's hopefully, not hopfully.

      Delete
    3. i am not suppost to care

      Delete
  41. https://twitter.com/SiriusXMHits1/status/788137517191233538
    https://twitter.com/SiriusXMHits1/status/788099764273414146

    Please no re-entries...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES PLEASE WE NEED BOTH THOSE SONGS BACK ON HERE!

      Delete
    2. ^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree we need those back ESPECIALLY FIGURE ME OUT!!!!!

      Delete
  42. Just heard Work From Home on Hits 1, so that ones not gonna leave us this week I guess. I also grew into it a little after listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. More Hot 100 so far:
    48. Do You Mind
    70. Today (by Brad Paisley)
    77. Pen Pineapple Apple Pen
    82. All Time Low
    85. Ain't My Fault

    ReplyDelete
  44. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: Skrillex & Diplo/Florence + the
    Machine - Constellation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation For Everyone/Everything: DJ Mustard/Quavo/YG - Want Her

      Delete
    2. #1 recommendation for Hits 1 AND for everyone (even if you already heard this): FRENSHIP/Emily Warren:Capsize

      Delete
    3. Yes, Capsize is definitely my favorite.

      Delete
  45. Scott, the Fall Top 20 on TheDoubleAgent was finally released! This season fucking sucks.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxLw0Qiwn34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I calculated the score, and it's 39/100. Wow.

      Delete
    2. He said 38 through. But then again, its TheDoubleAgent should I be surprised by that.

      Delete
    3. Yep, already saw it. And when 24K Magic first dropped, he said on Twitter that he considered it to be "pushing it", so had he included that instead of All We Know, the score probably wouldn't have looked much different.

      Delete
    4. I was watching the podcast where Ethan, Kevin, Josh, and Mark talked about 24K Magic, Lean On and Starboy, and I have to agree with Mark and Kevin the most, just saying.

      Delete
  46. Again, just to give everybody a heads up: Let Me Love You actually aired as Wutchuwanted just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not be surprised to see this jump into the top 10. Shame I don't like it as much as Cold Water.

      Delete
  47. NEW MUSIC ALERT: Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can sing that song to my ex when it comes out.

      Delete
    2. DOUBLE NEW MUSIC ALERT: Captain Cuts - Love like We Used To

      Delete
  48. So I just checked the Hit-Bound spin counts for today, and...


    WAMB10, I think this might be the week we have a lot of exits.


    -FOUR Hit-Bound songs have been played multiple times just today.
    -Six Hit-Bound songs have played today.
    -Two Hit-Bound songs played in a row.
    -Five Hit-Bound songs played in a single hour.

    The songs that played today were:
    Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful (3)
    Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (3)
    Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (2)
    Runaground - Chase You Down (2)
    DNCE - Body Moves (1)
    Bastille - Good Grief (1)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chase You Down MUST DEBUT!!

      - A Hits 1 Fan

      Delete
    2. I like Chase You Down. It's another one I find very reminiscent of Robin Schulz.

      Delete
  49. So, Billboard Hot 100 update, aside from the obvious debuts:
    + Make You Miss Me by Sam Hunt has taken its well deserved exit and should definitely miss the Year-End list.
    + Most of the annoying Drake tracks like Controlla and For Free finally look like they're on their way out. As does Work From Home.
    + And of course, 24K Magic debuting at #5. B) Too bad that first bit of radio that got it into the Bubbling Under for one week won't count towards its point totals.

    - This Girl continues its downward trajectory to 65. My goodness, America, you are really underrating some quality music here. (Yes I know I said the same thing on my countdown post but I had to)
    - Mercy by Shawn Mendes continues to flop down to 89.
    - Father Stretch My Hands Part 1 by Kanye West is SOMEHOW still here, despite dropping and being past 20 weeks. Can it just leave for good already?!?!
    - And worst of all, Juju On Dat Beat (TZ Anthem) bursted up 78 spots from 89 to 11. Nobody wanted another Watch Me. If this makes the Year-End list I'm gonna lose it.

    And on a completely random note, You Don't Own Me jumped up 26 to 61. What the heck. I mean, I'm not complaining, and I know Mark sure won't be, but it's still pretty odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juju On That Beat is at #11?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, and Kids by OneRepublic finally debuted at #96. Definitely because of the album and a discount.

      Delete
    3. One other song that finally took its exit, after being there for what felt like 3,000 years, was Low Life by Future and The Weeknd. Most will be pretty happy about that!

      Delete
  50. #1 Recommendation for Adrian: Jacob Whitesides - Focus

    ReplyDelete
  51. Some bad news: Sit Still Look Pretty, Cheap Thrills, and Unsteady are getting a lot more airplay than usual as of today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for both Sit Still, Look Pretty and Unsteady, and boo for Cheap Thrills.

      Delete
  52. chase can you give me a recommendation

    -DanielESMoines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 Recommendation for Daniel: Flume/Tove Lo - Say It

      Delete
    2. I'm not Chase, but I recommend All Time Low by Jon Bellion

      Delete